[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I saw that white gown (and a red candle right on the side too!) my first thought was that she'd married into the palace and that's her first night. Sorry guys this doesn't look like mourning to me but a night gown/underwear.

Oh geez... I'm on Episode 11 already (Starting Episode 11) and this drama is so good so far, OMG... Loving our Crown Prince and he became the Boss of the pack carriers :D Ahhh, I love his development and Yoo Seung Ho sure is killing it! I don't understand why some people say Ga Eun is useless and they don't like her character... I mean she plays a pretty important role in the drama and I got touched how she manage to touch all the people!! She even built up their new home with all of the people! I really like Ga Eun so far!

Also, I know at the end of Episode 16, we finally have a touching moment between our OTP, but I'm already sooo worried what will happen between the two of them. Based on Episode 17 preview, it looks like all happy moments between the two of them and with happy moments comes with painful and sad moments...pretty much a rule in dramaland.. So I'm concerned what's going to happen between our OTP in this weeks Episode.. Okay, I'm getting too ahead of myself because I still need to fully watch Episode 11-16...

Chingus, I'm slowly catching up to the recent episode because it's just soooo good but I know I'm going to regret it because now I have to wait for the future episodes :bawling: At least we have this soompi forums to ease the wait... Okay, on to episode 11! I just had to talk about my thoughts so far about the drama after watching episode 10~

Edit: Omg, okay I'm back and already dead from the first couple of minutes on Episode 11. That practice fight scene between the Crown Prince and Chung Woon.... And the fight scene where Crown Prince is saving Ga Eun... Woww~~ Okay, back to the episode..

Just now, rittoo said:

When I saw that white gown (and a red candle right on the side too!) my first thought was that she'd married into the palace and that's her first night. Sorry guys this doesn't look like mourning to me but a night gown/underwear.

:( sokay...maybe they'll have a chitchat lol

5 minutes ago, nurlayla said:

sokay...maybe they'll have a chitchat lol

Actually I wonder if Lee Sun will be wild and brave for once and sleep with his lady, although I don't really want him to it's a bit frustrating to me how he is in such a position but tries to do nothing for himself or for others, he's not even greedy or ambitious, nor is he risking everything he has to take down DM, the bravest thing he's done up till now is stall a bit before fulfilling DM's wishes and that almost took all he had. It's a bit sad. I would be mad though if he got our girl pregnant, like really give up on this show mad = = There's nothing I hate more than when the protagnost marries a freshly pregnant lady or one with a little baby whose father's watching them from the side = =

22 minutes ago, ferily said:

Oh geez... I'm on Episode 11 already (Starting Episode 11) and this drama is so good so far, OMG... Loving our Crown Prince and he became the Boss of the pack carriers :D Ahhh, I love his development and Yoo Seung Ho sure is killing it! I don't understand why some people say Ga Eun is useless and they don't like her character... I mean she plays a pretty important role in the drama and I got touched how she manage to touch all the people!! She even built up their new home with all of the people! I really like Ga Eun so far!

Also, I know at the end of Episode 16, we finally have a touching moment between our OTP, but I'm already sooo worried what will happen between the two of them. Based on Episode 17 preview, it looks like all happy moments between the two of them and with happy moments comes with painful and sad moments...pretty much a rule in dramaland.. So I'm concerned what's going to happen between our OTP in this weeks Episode.. Okay, I'm getting too ahead of myself because I still need to fully watch Episode 11-16...

Chingus, I'm slowly catching up to the recent episode because it's just soooo good but I know I'm going to regret it because now I have to wait for the future episodes :bawling: At least we have this soompi forums to ease the wait... Okay, on to episode 11! I just had to talk about my thoughts so far about the drama after watching episode 10~

Edit: Omg, okay I'm back and already dead from the first couple of minutes on Episode 11. That practice fight scene between the Crown Prince and Chung Woon.... And the fight scene where Crown Prince is saving Ga Eun... Woww~~ Okay, back to the episode..

I feel same way chingu, I'm so loving the drama and OTP and it's getting better and better with every new episode!! :D:wub:

yeah we can sens the calm before the storm luming around our OTP :confounded: but we'll take and enjoy these happy moments as long as it last:wub: then we'll with the coming storm!! :cold_sweat:

hhhhhhhhh yeah welcome to the suffering wait with us chingu!! :D

hhhhhhhhhhhh swoon chingu, swoon!! that's what we did/do, join the club!! :wink::wub:

15 minutes ago, rittoo said:
26 minutes ago, nurlayla said:

sokay...maybe they'll have a chitchat lol

Actually I wonder if Lee Sun will be wild and brave for once and sleep with his lady, although I don't really want him to it's a bit frustrating to me how he is in such a position but tries to do nothing for himself or for others, he's not even greedy or ambitious, nor is he risking everything he has to take down DM, the bravest thing he's done up till now is stall a bit before fulfilling DM's wishes and that almost took all he had. It's a bit sad. I would be mad though if he got our girl pregnant, like really give up on this show mad = = There's nothing I hate more than when the protagnost marries a freshly pregnant lady or one with a little baby whose father's watching them from the side = =

that's not bravery, that's insult to the woman he supposedly love but I'm sure he won't go that low with Ga Eun forcing himself on her using his fake position that belongs to his "dead" friend to do that!! and Ga Eun is only our King's woman so no one will touch her but him, no worries there :wink:

sadly Lee Seon wastoo scared and surrender to his puppet situation and saw no way out nor anyone who can help him feeling suffucated by the role he had to take and keep it a secret so he won't get killed fo it but still he saved some people from the Bureau of Water supply who wanted to punish those people for stealing the water just like his father and he won Dea Mok's anger for it but won a loyal guard as well he didn't do much but he didn't give up completely and having a reason and new resolution to change how he lived up till now will help him get stronger and start defiying Dea Mok little by little!!

33 minutes ago, rittoo said:

Noooo. I understand that fake King is not brave enough to stand against intimidating DM..but please..no pregnant GE by fake King :bawling: i want baby princes and princesses though :tongue: 

Actually i think GE will be the link between real and fake CP. And if she is able to cure fake LS of his poison, then we will finally see some kick richard simmons King action against DM and Pyunsoo.

GE and CP belongs to be royalty together :wub:

@ferily haha, it's addicting isn't it? Told ya :wink:

@sakura2016 i cant open ur links from my phone. But i will carefully observe those clothes from the scenes and get back to you :)

2 hours ago, rittoo said:

Yes. due to her hair style being diff from her usual mourning gown eps ago. Scene reminded me during her mourning state L has not act as fake king yet so this is not a past scene unless L mother died but also she will have no reason to don mourning clothes for a neighbor's death. I went to bed hoping I make mistakes in analyzing.  Just hope maybe she angered Bureau of water guy again and they frame her for something and she is thrown in jail then fake king go visit her when she wear that in court or jail.  

if a normal palace maid of lower rank also will NOT be required to wear that and walk around palace. As you so said this really looks like a nite gown. If MBC allow this plot to go thru I think they have not a lesson or two of how to bring in rating. 

29 minutes ago, rittoo said:

ok i'm scared to death when u mentioned sleep and pregnant TT hope LS not dare to touch GE. really wish they'll just having a conversation like an old friends. so that GE can persuade him maybe...but if that night CP-LS switch place than i dont mind the sleep scene muahahaha *evil laugh

5 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

that's not bravery, that's insult to the woman he supposedly love but I'm sure he won't go that low with Ga Eun forcing himself on her using his fake position that belongs to his "dead" friend to do that!! and Ga Eun is only our King's woman so no one will touch her but him, no worries there :wink:

Nah I don't actually think that it would be brave, however I wish he would take action of any kind instead of being so passive, I mean he barely dares to stand up straight because everything seems to frighten him so much, urgh... Also if she married him she wouldn't be doing it in honest intention either and I guess she would expect to have to sleep with the king if she becomes his concubine... Well I don't want to see the marriage consummated anyways and it's probably not gonna happen, he'll probably run away in panic after running around a bit in circles nervously I guess =v=

3 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

Just hope maybe she richard simmons off Bureau of water guy again and they frame her for something and she is thrown in jail then fake king go visit her when she wear that in court or jail.  

Nah the surroundings aren't prison either...

3 minutes ago, nurlayla said:

ok i'm scared to death when u mentioned sleep and pregnant TT hope LS not dare to touch GE. really wish they'll just having a conversation like an old friends. so that GE can persuade him maybe...but if that night CP-LS switch place than i dont mind the sleep scene muahahaha *evil laugh

I bet he'll not dare to tell her the truth. He's so timid!

Ooo man, this drama is so unpredictable. Its hard to guess what'll happen in the next ep... 

Will the producer be okay with putting more HG and CP moments with all the previous complaints?? No offense to HGxCP shippers but i remember the viewers were quite mad with their screentime (inc me HAHA) 

unless everone has a fair distribution of role in the future episodes then i guess it'll be fine :grimace:

3 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Noooo. I understand that fake King is not brave enough to stand against intimidating DM..but please..no pregnant GE by fake King :bawling: i want baby princes and princesses though :tongue: 

Actually i think GE will be the link between real and fake CP. And if she is able to cure fake LS of his poison, then we will finally see some kick richard simmons King action against DM and Pyunsoo.

Exactly when They wrote in her gift in medicine and herbs. Then they should use this to make her in a major way help both suns by finding a. Cure or stopping some long term poisoning... Etc.  While I don't believe Fake Sun will touch her But having ruin her reputation is far bad enough. 

Plus didnt she just turned 18/19? I dont think there will be any intimate scenes or any scenes suggesting that they had an intimate moments, or even her being pregnant. that'll be a bit weird tbh but again, i cannot predict this drama, its too hard :joy:

My quick take on the stills of GE in all white:

- The one she is by herself is when she was meeting Consort Lee the night of attack by DM into palace.

- The one in dressing room with LS, well, they could be shooting their own different separate scenes, considering dramas don't always shoot in sequence. Another explanation could be that the hairdresser was not finished styling GE's hair! Btw, this photo is shared by one of many KSH's fanclubs, not an update by KSH herself, right?

There, nothing to worry about. :wink:

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

- The one she is by herself is when she was meeting Consort Lee the night of attack by DM into palace.

- The one in dressing room with LS, well, they could be shooting their own different separate scenes, considering dramas don't always shoot in sequence. Another explanation could be that the hairdresser was not finished styling GE's hair!

Agreee. The one with her bangs is an older still that's already been seen in the show. She was in the palace to see Youngja bin/ CP mom.

The one just posted is probably filming from ystd so i assume is another 4 or 5 normal episodes away from what we are currently watching. 

2 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

Agreee. The one with her bangs is an older still that's already been seen in the show. She was in the palace to see Youngja bin/ CP mom.

The one just posted is probably filming from ystd so i assume is another 4 or 5 normal episodes away from what we are currently watching. 

And it was shared by one of KSH's many fanclubs, so it could be an old picture also. May not be the currently filming episodes.

Lol. You guys. I literally researched like crazy and still came up with no direct answers. 

So, i am just going to see what the crew brings to us. I am so confused because i have no idea what is going on lol

@maryofbethany I agree. They must use her medical skills since her character has a great hand at it. I don't believe fake Sun will do anything to her too but being a court lady is already going to stir things up in the palace. GE can become one of the strongest ally to both LS. 

@sakura2016 i went back to look at it. You are right. The setting is different even though the outfit is similar. I literally went crazy and researched anything. Now, i fried my brains by reading things that I have no idea what it is saying hahaha. I was like..'okay, white this..white that. Then huh?' Lol. 

@ktcjdrama i think it is very possible that they are shooting two different scenes. But it's that white hanbok that has us in all directions haha.

@googleme after all my attempts on researching, i find that this drama is hard to predict indeed :lol: so many hanboks to represent a meaning. My mind=:blink:

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@ferily haha, it's addicting isn't it? Told ya :wink:

@sakura2016 i cant open ur links from my phone. But i will carefully observe those clothes from the scenes and get back to you :)

don't worry Lee Seon won't do that!! and yeah I want baby princes and princesses too!! :wink::wub: 

yeah I believe she will!!

hopefully!! I'll be waiting for you!! :) Edit: hhhhhhh our love for our drama(s) can lead us to do such things!! :lol: 

1 hour ago, rittoo said:

Nah I don't actually think that it would be brave, however I wish he would take action of any kind instead of being so passive, I mean he barely dares to stand up straight because everything seems to frighten him so much, urgh... Also if she married him she wouldn't be doing it in honest intention either and I guess she would expect to have to sleep with the king if she becomes his concubine... Well I don't want to see the marriage consummated anyways and it's probably not gonna happen, he'll probably run away in panic after running around a bit in circles nervously I guess =v=

reading these things is upsetting my stomach!! urgh...it's ok, it's ok...don't know how much she expects to happen between them but I know that nothing will happen so I'm (will be) fine!! doing nothing is better than acting that way and he won't break his friendship and her little love she had for him as a friend by doing that!!

35 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

- The one in dressing room with LS, well, they could be shooting their own different separate scenes, considering dramas don't always shoot in sequence. Another explanation could be that the hairdresser was not finished styling GE's hair!

HOW MUTCHI LOVED READING THIS!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  :wub: yeah 1st one can be of her scene with our CP's mother meeting on the day of Dea Mok attacking the Palace and let's hope the 2nd one is like you said!! :)

My OTP!! hugs for you too!! :wub:

The romance is moving along, but the secrets are still hidden.

The romance is moving along, but the secrets are still hidden.

cr: https://aja-villa.tumblr.com/

Archived