[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

Credits to the owner

Our OTP is being called also as "Shy-shy couple" hahaha which I agree, both drama and reality :D:D

Chinese fan even did this in Seoul Tower for our OTP :D:D:D

Everyone, hang-on! I'm yet to watch the latest EPs bec of busy work. But I'll still be here til the end hahaha

Ruler, fighting~! :)

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, rhaps said:

Well .. if the  Queen has equal power with DM, then could it be it's because  she also couldn't do anything, so she just watched and waited for a chance ? But if the late King considered her as a trusted allies, then why didn't he show CP's face in front of  the Queen?. That's why, I'm still not sure about her. The fact that there is another(possibly) party that is concerned about CP should mean that the late King and the gank (and CP's mom, and Commander Lee) were not the only 'good party' there, despite they were the only ones who knew about CP's face. Perhaps the late King just wasn't sure about which party that he could trust, or where DM planted his spy, so he didn't let others know

Ow yeah, I like strong villains. And it also feels good to know that CP has another party that has been looking for him. Strong villain is cool, but I want to see the hero wins too. It's gonna be depressing if he keeps on loosing all the time :tongue:

the late King didn't trust the Queen and he had an enmity lign with her just like with Dea Mok in the character's chart!! and if she can go against Dea Mok now with the power she has she could've used that same power 5 years ogo and even before that to help the late King but she didn't and helped Dea Mok instead!!

the winning is cooler and more satisying when the hero outsmarts and beat over a smart and strong villain!! :wink:

7 hours ago, joyspartace_stv said:

It is officially our beautiful Han Ga Eun's birthday! I hope she has an amazing birthday spent with those she is with! (: can't wait for the next week's episodes! (:

oh yeah, today she turns 18!! now we can wait for kisses right?!! hhhhhhh kidding-not entirly :wink::tongue:

wish her a happy birthday!! :)

7 hours ago, nurlayla said:

that elder *the 1 gisaeng gave report. his voice sounds like Kim Chang Wan (he's not casted right?). wonder what role he play :blink: which side he is

don't know really but he's on our King's side for sure!! :D

3 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

This poem is CP to GE :wub: it is pretty direct but if any confusion on what a line means, feel free to ask me :)

did our King write that poem to Ga Eun?!! I never saw it!! :huh:

2 hours ago, Berou said:

Ruler: Master Of The Mask’ Episodes 17-18 Spoilers, Watch Online: Sun To Unveil Secret To Ga Eun

Beloved characters are set to enjoy a few romantic and enjoyable moments together although a secret may tear the couple apart in the upcoming "Ruler: Master of the Mask" episodes 17 and 18. Latest spoiler news teased of Sun's (Yoo Seung Ho) decision to tell Ga Eun (Kim So Hyun) the truth about his identity.

Avid fans of MBC's historical series can look forward to several happy scenes between the reunited couple Sun and Ga Eun. The teaser clip for the upcoming "Ruler of the Mask" episodes 17 and 18 as released by the said network showed the two characters bonding together following an attack that left Sun wounded. After taking care of the said chief peddler, also known as the real crown prince, Ga Eun will grow even closer to her first love.

Spoiler

However, the said couple's joyous days might end up in heartbreak with Sun planning to reveal his crown prince secret to Ga Eun in "Ruler of the Mask" episodes 17 and 18. Given his involvement in Ga Eun's father's death, the revelation might impact their blooming relationship negatively.

Moreover, Ga Eun will find herself conflicted between having to stay beside Sun's side and showing her loyalty to the Queen (Kim Sun Kyung). With the said rule set to give Ga Eun a court ladyship role in the palace to spy on the fake king, also known as the commoner Sun (INFINITE's L), Ga Eun may have no choice but to follow the Queen's orders as her way of repaying the said character for clearing her father's name. Watch "Ruler: Master of the Mask" episodes 17 and 18 online on Drama Fever, here.

In other news, the "Ruler: Master of the Mask" martial arts director Jung Doo Hong recently praised Yoo Seung Ho for his fighting skills in the said MBC drama, enews24 reported. The said celebrity, along with his other co-stars, showed dedication in perfecting the action sequences featured in the series, according to Jung Doo Hong

Source

I'll concentrate on this part!! :wub:

cr: seungho_0817

cr: yooseungho_seja

my favorite picture is: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6!! :tongue: hhhhhhhhhhh

On 6/3/2017 at 4:06 AM, lxands said:

If I understand correctly,  court ladies are not just ladies who work within the king's palace but also ladies who are "available" to the king. Therefore once become a court lady, she can't be with any man except the king & if the king bedded any of them & they gave birth to royal brood usually they wud become the king's concubine.

The rank wud place their working location/main duty. I don't think the 4th rank cud enter his bedroom yet unless he personally ask for her.

Thank you.

I hope this court lady plot will not hinder her from being the queen. All I want Seja claim his seat as the king of the Joseon n Gaeun as his queen of the Joseon.

Spoiler

U8S59ZN.jpg

Somehow they look alike in this still, look like a twins.

So into the character here. =))

Happy birthday to Kim SoHyun. Hope she have a celebration with her family. =)

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

So, my speculation on who is the master behind the Giseang's actions has me puzzled. As far as i know, most of everyone is loyal to DM. So if anyone, it has to be someone in the royal palace. The queen doesn't seem to have any idea nor DM about this spy :huh:

most but not all, that's the key word!! there is some on the Queen's side and some on Dea Mok's but happily surprising we had someone inside the palace who is still loyal to the late King and our CP/King!!

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Someone, anyone, pls PM me and teach me how to attach pic from instagram. Thx. 

you just need to copy and paste the link chingu!! :)

17 minutes ago, joyspartace_stv said:

I find this MV soooo good! 

thank you so much for sharing chingu!! it's really beautifully made!! :wub:

another MV with english sub for OST 5!! :D:wub:

@Once Upon Time above!! :wink:

I want MV with english sub for OST 6 too!! *puppy eyes*

19 hours ago, Tram92 said:

@Maryofbethany Isn't ironic how one of our favorite OTP moments is not when they are together, but about each other or in this case, about Ga Eun?

@Tram92 hi, just back from church, and my mind is a complete blank due to fact i wake around 4am to pen that Pyeha Sun Part8 piece.

i try to recall what you are talking about,,, that moment, which was it? so many backpages to trace..
was it the one Sun was talking to CW about GaEun after WB chided him for not letting go of GE, and CW reminded him GE was 'all' that he has and he will lost it all.....
... if it is then, it is Yes. this is a unique scene, but bcoz it isn't a real OTP moment, Some times i love moments of solitude when one of the OTP was alone and was force to face his/her inner conflict and without the other OTP presence and the needs to hide any feels that may danger her... that OTP in such scene, can shown much more genuine raw feels...
YSH was always excelent even when he is not acting with the co-leads, or just acting without lines... he can still bring out the missing-her feels by imagining the co-leads and imagining the supposed to be affections...

which then comes back to one point. if each of them can emote that well evne without each other's presence, still can imagine the deep agape love he has for her, and her for him... what if when a good written scene is given them to face each other, good heart wrenching lines dialogue, then it shall be a blessing to watch that chemistry..
i ratter on and on, don't know whether you understand what i was trying to say and hard to find the right words or illustrations to explain.
moreover, chemistry is subjective.

(huh, after yak that much, was that the scene you meant?)

1 hour ago, faye406 said:

@kentangbakar

I saw an update that Sohyun is shooting with L today..

She has prepares some traditional cuisines and tea to all crews. Happy birthday KSH... :wub:

I wonder how much more they still have to film... thinking they can improve on the script after all the current feedback hahahaha, but then, it does seem like its been ages since they started (although I know they had delays with change in actress etc).

the lock...auwwww so sweet <3

my favourite seja 1,2,3,4,5,6 lols

ok where is my emoji go TT dont tell me DM kidnap it andwae! 

@ktcjdrama so nice! the way they stand look like during the PC. ok thats in the preview right...ops i forgot the chant. popohae!popohae!popohae!

@faye406 unless she has that hat that the queen had on earlier, an all white hanbok means death in the palace. by I think people who should hold significance in the palace would be the ones to wear all white. but I hope she doesn't hold that much significance since it seems like Fake King will be there for a while. 

Honestly, the pictures I've been seeing since March - CP is with HG a lot more. I admit I have my worries but I can't get over my excitement of GE being in the palace. There's so many chances of even more development of her character once she enters that place. Her personality will be interesting there. As we know, the palace is a place where you should mind your own business. But considering how kind and considerate GE is, I bet if she will try and help anyone that's in trouble in that palace. All I hope is that if GE does find the truth about CP, please don't let them spend too much time apart. 

And let's just say this - considering how usual historical dramas goes with love involved & how the original Crown Prince Lee Sun was in history - there is a possibility of a sad ending between CP & GE. 

I do hope that the writers put their own twist on it and hopefully our OTP can get their happiness and more moments together but let's just hope that the sad ending doesn't happen /: 

14 minutes ago, faye406 said:

HG & Gon

Fake King with GE. GE with all white hanbok.. Is that a normal hanbok or brings any symbolic in palace?

Credit to the owners

First thing I noticed was her hair being done up hahahaha... I would think the all white hanbok is mainly when they are grieving though (unless she just hasn't put on the next layer because it might spoil her role (court lady/queen/commoner/nurse/etc))

@ferily Monarch Ferily, of coz we are 'believers' of that 'cult' that is "Ysh-ism" ... his magic is spellbinding. you can take a hiatus from him, telling yourself (myself exactly) he's too young of my pride and looking, you (me exactly) can go on from him to drool older actor...
then you tell yourself, that's just a fleeing stage of crush. then he spellbound you again... not just his eyes, which was reknown... but also the much ignored, little known .. brows that knit in contrited spirit... lips that trembled when his words fail.. yah, that hands, it was until last ep scene, i scolded myself for forgetting his hands does feels when he as sad, when his hands frozen in mid air.. as if his hands responsed to his mind to ask his heart to stop, stop your selfish and stop your cares, you are hurting her all over again... his... yeah
that list just gets longer when we goes 'biological study' on that subject..hahaha.
yeah. he's a 'cult' more dangerous than DM cult, you never get out of Ysh-ism ; the new form of monarchy. .

13 minutes ago, joyspartace_stv said:

And let's just say this - considering how usual historical dramas goes with love involved & how the original Crown Prince Lee Sun was in history - there is a possibility of a sad ending between CP & GE. 

I do hope that the writers put their own twist on it and hopefully our OTP can get their happiness and more moments together but let's just hope that the sad ending doesn't happen /: 

@joyspartace_stv Monarch joyspartace. cannot be more agreeable.
because this drama is not shaped after a real history and not restricted to the scrutiny of saeguk-historirans .. i guess the liberty lies within the willingness of the writernim and the wisdom of her to write in happy ending. Twist or turn, just make Happy Ending happens.

i used to argue with some till no ends, about how i cannot accept just purely for the 'dramatic effect' or 'fine story telling' or just to make people remember the drama... that some because of such reasoning preferred to throw in sad ending to OTP in recent dramas. there are always some fans that say as long as make sense,

but to me, if the characters were real people out there, eg there was really a GE and a real Sun, happiness or sad are real. why should we be tolerating sad ending, just because it is more dramatic, and if given a artisitic sad ending. . i don't want.
MBC traditional saeguks don't really put sad ending to end the show. traditional fans never accept sad ending. DaeJangGeum, YiSan Windof Palace, Ballad of Seodong, even Moon Embracing the Sun don't end sad. just hope even if the OTP moments not just romantic as SBS projects (eg. SHR) i jsut hope Sun must end iwth GE as Queen, and not just one of the King's woman.
to me, love cannot be shared.

50 minutes ago, joyspartace_stv said:

@faye406 unless she has that hat that the queen had on earlier, an all white hanbok means death in the palace. by I think people who should hold significance in the palace would be the ones to wear all white. but I hope she doesn't hold that much significance since it seems like Fake King will be there for a while. 

Honestly, the pictures I've been seeing since March - CP is with HG a lot more. I admit I have my worries but I can't get over my excitement of GE being in the palace. There's so many chances of even more development of her character once she enters that place. Her personality will be interesting there. As we know, the palace is a place where you should mind your own business. But considering how kind and considerate GE is, I bet if she will try and help anyone that's in trouble in that palace. All I hope is that if GE does find the truth about CP, please don't let them spend too much time apart. 

Good morning Monarchs!! :D

Yes as far as i know, white means grieving. Who could they possibly be grieving? Haha maybe like someone say, she hasn't put on the full layers yet.

I have a feeling with GE going to the palace, she will be too busy with her own affairs and CP will end up having to be around HG more since to him, she is a business friend. I think as GE unravel more of the truth, she will become the one to help CP more, be his confidant and still his love :wub: i expect more political aspects too but i like my touches of romance as well. 

Ohhh no. I don't even want to think of the ending yet. Can't do that to myself haha. I cannot do with sad endings. I will be scarred. We need a happy ending for all the troubles our OTP have gone through or will have to face. No sad endings for me. Or open ones. I want an ending that will make sense in happiness. But like i say, i cant think of the ending yet haha. 

I am just going to think of what is happening now. Bask in the present, sweet moments of CP/GE. I know that soon enough, there is going to be angst between these two lovers which will test their bond for each other. Fighting, CP/GE!!

@sakura2016 lol, no chingu, that is just a poem that I really love by poet William Shakespeare. @maryofbethany wrote such a beautiful analysis of our OTP, particularly CP to GE that it touched my heart so much and made me think of that poem. Plus, i consider her thoughts and writing to the level of modern Shakespeare :D if our Prince wrote something like that to/for GE, it would be so sweeetttt :wub: 

And, happy birthday to our lovely KSH. I hope we see pictures of her happiness on her day :)

Hello everyone. I'm a new member in here. Actually I have long been following this forum. But only now decided to join. really like real king and ga eun. They are suitable. I like the way they look at each other. 

Archived