[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Kim So Hyun! So excited for her new drama with Yoo Seung Ho. The last drama I saw her in a hanbok was The Moon Embracing the Sun. Is it just me or does she look more like Han Ga In than Kim Yoo Jung? I thought she was perfectly cast as Soo Yeon in I Miss You. She does look a little like Yoon Eun Hye. Anyway, I am so excited and I can't wait to hear more news on the casting and the drama in general!!

Hi guys I'm not trying to promote another drama in this thread but sohyun is doing a cameo in Goblin and she's dressed in historical attire. I think the place she's in is a fictional "fantasy" world since there are goblins in her world and it's not joeseon or goreyo. But nonetheless we can get a partial idea of her in historical clothing. She barely has any makeup on but she looks very pretty.

I feel bad since we only get to do updates about sohyun since she's been more active but hopefully we can see more pictures of YSH once they start filming Ruler. Btw what do you guys think about the drama title Ruler? yay or nay? I'm okay with it but part of me is hoping that they change it something less generic.

19 minutes ago, an05 said:

Hi guys I'm not trying to promote another drama in this thread but sohyun is doing a cameo in Goblin and she's dressed in historical attire. I think the place she's in is a fictional "fantasy" world since there are goblins in her world and it's not joeseon or goreyo. But nonetheless we can get a partial idea of her in historical clothing. She barely has any makeup on but she looks very pretty.

I feel bad since we only get to do updates about sohyun since she's been more active but hopefully we can see more pictures of YSH once they start filming Ruler. Btw what do you guys think about the drama title yay or nay? I'm okay with it but part of me is hoping that they change it something less generic.

Waaaaaa! Thanks for sharing this one :) now I'm so excited for sohyun's cameo in goblin :) BTW, minjae really is a look alike of yeo jingoo. 

19 minutes ago, rossy5 said:

- How can I delete a post? I don't know!

You can't. I think you should just edit your previous post and delete the contents. You probably meant to put that in KSH's soompi right? it would be good to delete that contents of the post since it has nothing to do with the drama:)

18 hours ago, an05 said:

I feel bad since we only get to do updates about sohyun since she's been more active but hopefully we can see more pictures of YSH once they start filming Ruler. Btw what do you guys think about the drama title Ruler? yay or nay? I'm okay with it but part of me is hoping that they change it something less generic.

I was about to post this too @an05, i am so startled by how pretty she is, gosh :wub: Thank you very much for the update ;) I'll be watching Goblin because of this. BTW, does anybody find TvN's cinematography really captivating, all their show are beautiful to look at, i hope Ruler's cinematography is like this, Or not as long as the story is fabulous.

I wish there is an update for Yoo Seungho :( I miss him.

Okay guys.. so I guess Infinite's L and actress yoon so hee have been offered supporting roles in the drama. I don't know yoon so hee and have never seen her act. L on the other hand.. I'm sorry if there are any fans of him in this thread. But he's honestly one of the worst idol actors I've ever seen and he gets into acting controversies in every single drama. I think Yoon So Hee is considering positively which means that she will accept eventually. As for L, his agency said that he's still considering...I'm sorry I like him as an idol and I think he's very handsome but if they cast him as a major supporting role it makes me question the seriousness of the production of the drama from MBC's side. I'm just praying to the Drama Gods that he will decline... If they're going with an idol actor I would much prefer if they go with someone like DO from EXO or JR from GOT 7. 

Articles on Naver said Yoon So Hee is confirmed and L is still under discussion. These 2 is currently act together in that one special drama (still filming i guess). I watch both their acting before and I can said they're pretty bad. Yoon So Hee is like a hit or miss, personally, she's quite bad imho. L is bad and everyone knows it. But no doubt they're stunning visual wise and will look so good in hanbok. I just hope if they accept it, then the PD must see something really special in them and they will prove me wrong this time. I hate to say this but I just hope Ruler doesn't go the same route as MDBC. 93-99 lead actors with an idol and a rising actress. Or if they go this way, please just choose someone who CAN act :|

sigh... I honestly think this casting had more to do with agency power than casting by the PDs. I just realized that the actress is under SM...I haven't seen her in anything but when I look her up she doesn't have good image with Knetz. tbh I don't care whether the supporting actors have good visuals or not. I just want to see good actors. I can already foresee all of the acting controversies L will bring. If he's that bad in modern dramas, how can he act in a sageuk???

And so far, it seems like MBC is depending too much on YSH and KSH's popularity and star power. Because they don't seem to be putting in any effort in casting the supporting actors and also using a brand new scriptwriter. 

2 hours ago, rossy5 said:

- How can I delete a post? I don't know!

@rossy5haha i am only active and sign up last year only, so there are lots of stuffs i have no try... (being lazy and complacent).   what i do:
1) since i can't delete the whole post.  the most i can do is edit: the delete only the part that i totally don't want.

2) else i "play-cheat", i replace it with something else completely. either i type over something or paste over it with something.
3) or, just erased the whole stuff and just state these few words to replace: "post deleted" or "duplicated posts erased". or "contents removed".

1 hour ago, an05 said:

Okay guys.. so I guess Infinite's L and actress yoon so hee have been offered supporting roles in the drama. I don't know yoon so hee and have never seen her act. L on the other hand.. I'm sorry if there are any fans of him in this thread. But he's honestly one of the worst idol actors I've ever seen and he gets into acting controversies in every single drama. I think Yoon So Hee is considering positively which means that she will accept eventually. As for L, his agency said that he's still considering...I'm sorry I like him as an idol and I think he's very handsome but if they cast him as a major supporting role it makes me question the seriousness of the production of the drama from MBC's side. I'm just praying to the Drama Gods that he will decline... If they're going with an idol actor I would much prefer if they go with someone like DO from EXO or JR from GOT 7. 

@an05 many idols are not on par with real actors that debuted and trained in acting, so they will only be good in certain genre (eg. Rom-com) that suit them since acting is not their gift to begin with. Some idols are good in certain scenes, but bland and lack-lustre thru-out whole dramas. Only a few can rise up to the standard of those who are trained in Art-school or child-actors or at least dreamt of being actor since childhood. While many fall into that Cat., it is not all... as you said, D.O. from EXO is very outstanding in "Hello Monster". you see, the guy that supposed to be the Prince's closed buddy friend must have a certain degree of 'chemistry' with YSH, then the 'brotherhood' bond can 'sell' thru'. well, i can't remember who is L? he act as what before? L act in what dramas? (hahha. i only love the Japanese movie "Death Note" that 'L'.) you see, in Reply88, what draw people in is not just the romance or just about who is the husband-mystery... but also because of the brotherhood bond... i loved to see dramas that bring out the pure friendship between guys (not in the gay way) and see how they watch over each other's blind-spot.
is L character going to be a prince's friend or a rival to the throne?

my idea of a "brother" to the prince, is something like Seo InGuk and Park Bo gum in Hello Monster, so shoot off the roof chemistry. while i am seriously not into 'gay' kind of grey-matters, i don't ship bromance. but i do love their scenes together, so touching and comforting. we really need to find someone that can bring up Yoo's acting chop, instead of dragging it down.

Anyone? I have a question regarding the role yoo seung ho will be taking, is it officially confirmed that it is crown prince Sado's story? i was just wondering because if it is, did he really helped in preventing the privatization of water? i thought he died young, and he never became king right? so is it really Prince Sado?

@maryofbethanyHe's a popular idol. He's been in dramas like Master's Sun , My Lovely Girl, etc. He's very popular as an idol but well known to be a terrible actor. He's pure cringe in everything I've seen him in and even though he only plays supporting roles, he has acting controversies every time. Here are some articles to get the gist of it:

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/09/tv-spoilers-my-lovely-girl-pilot.html

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/09/tv-spoilers-my-lovely-girl.html

And the fact that he's playing such an important character really bothers me...I'm hoping that he declines. Idk what MBC is thinking tbh.

5 hours ago, an05 said:

@maryofbethanyHe's a popular idol. He's been in dramas like Master's Sun , My Lovely Girl, etc. He's very popular as an idol but well known to be a terrible actor. He's pure cringe in everything I've seen him in and even though he only plays supporting roles, he has acting controversies every time. Here are some articles to get the gist of it:

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/09/tv-spoilers-my-lovely-girl-pilot.html

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/09/tv-spoilers-my-lovely-girl.html

And the fact that he's playing such an important character really bothers me...I'm hoping that he declines. Idk what MBC is thinking tbh.

@an05 woahahhah. you make me laugh so hard. should i say the blogspot posts is hilarious...  Huh, but an05, be careful there might be L fans here lurking... well, i hope if his acting is cringe-factor. then we can only hope they put him in roles like those flower-boys prince, and not so serious. and definitely don't give him the antagonist Rival to Crown Prince's role. whosoever going to threaten Prince's crown, i want someone really cunning and be worthy as a nemesis that can make us love to hate. when a drama fail to deliver a believable Arch-ememy, everything start to fall to the sides. i never pay attention to Kpop girls or boys band group.. so i still don't know him. Poor Rain drag down by MLG.

ok, MBC used to be the King Station to watch saeguk dramas... MBC should produced something uniquely diff from SBS or KBS... MBC cannot envy MoonLight and Scarlet Heart that kind of genre... Hwarang is going that way already... if MBC is smart, it should try to be diff, and stop going into "flower-boys crown prince" genre.... When they tapped on Yoo, they should already know, Yoo won't be good in deliver PBG that kind of puppy-eyes cuteness, or WangSo that kind of Mysteriously superheroes charms, either can Yoo do a Hwarang that kind of flower-boy parade ... (MBC's crown prince just need to be himself win by being earnest and go deep into the melodrama tradegy and made us cry rivers.... we will supply the river waters for Sado's nations....). not just the crown prince, but the supporting casts too need good castings.. you be surprised that the Saimdong Light's Diary without all the hype young pretty actor/actress may actually deliver better in sincere way. i wish Ruler trod that path.

Archived