[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, an05 said:

I think During the V app, KSH said that she wasn't feeling well because she came straight from the dentist? She looks kind of sick so I hope she's taking care of herself. So based on what she was saying, it seems like they won't start filming until end of December.... because nothing seemed definite based on what she said and if she's spending her time preparing for her role during the end of the year, that probably means that they're not ready to film yet.

I know Siwan and Yoona's drama have started to announce supporting casts and had the script reading already. Not to mention that they have already locked down the shooting ocations. So that means that they're already ready to film and I have a feeling that their drama will air before this drama unless they are also fully pre-producing this drama. We haven't heard any news besides the casting of YSH and KSH so I hope that they can start announcing soon. haha.

I'm kind of hoping that they'll still air this in March and make this drama partially pre-produced like they are doing with TVN's Goblin. I feel like that will give them more time to film ahead so that they're not liveshooting, but also allow for any script changes later on. If it's fully pre-produced, we probably won't see the drama until next summer...

I prefer this kdrama to air until "Saimdang, Light's Diary" is finished.

Also, as I too was with braces, is going to be very painful to shoot with them in case KSH is in the start of the treatment.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/18/2016 at 8:07 PM, quockhanh45 said:

bride of the water god stills not began casting. But it expected to air on tvN 2017.

Wait.. sorry for the OT but the above drama is confirmed???? I've been hearing about that since last year.. even had  Ji Soo in mind. He he.

On 11/18/2016 at 5:22 PM, maryofbethany said:

YES YES YES> @jongski both Gaksital (aka Bridal Mask) and Iljimae is the Father and Mother of all Saeguk-superhero dramas. both of these are Second to None Super-hero-Saeguk. i was so dreamy over the black night hero saving Han Hyojoo and kissed her on treetop. then i go gaga over white hero wounded fall down from horseback into heroine's arms... hahaha. although i didnt deem both dramas as my favourite saeguks or both actors as my favourite actors. But i remember them fondly as the Mothers of Hero-Saeguks. actually after seeing Healer, i was hoping Ji Chang wook can be my #3rd Hero-Saeguk... not every one can do hero-saeguk. Think Yoo cannot, but Yoo can do things these 2 actors cannot do. So far only Yoo's majestic tears can 'move mountain and part the sea', can move the hearts of the 15 yrs old, to the 25 yrs old even to the 35 yrs old, even maybe some 45 yrs old.

The one I highlight. I definitely agree! and I'll say it again for the nth time.... YSH is the best actor  in his age group.. and he's only 23.

3 hours ago, jongski said:

Wait.. sorry for the OT but the above drama is confirmed???? I've been hearing about that since last year.. even had  Ji Soo in mind. He he.

The one I highlight. I definitely agree! and I'll say it again for the nth time.... YSH is the best actor  in his age group.. and he's only 23.

@jongski hahah., speaking as what you highlighted, in the noona categories, i also felt he definitely showforth a mature layered decipher of characters, and those emotional scenes surely even shamed some of those at late twenties 'flower-boys' or 'hunks-actors". Just look at those popularities-Awards show, you can tell exactly what kind of actors that really wins more hearts and adoration more than Yoo who is less popular.

1 hour ago, Berou said:

it is big time for him to get recognised and receive Best actor,  top excellence award and daesang. he's not only the best actor in his age group but even better than some who are 30ish ( i'm talking about those hallyu stars ). unfortunately, he got too quickly forgotten because of these hallyu stars.

i hope SBS will do justice to him and give him an award at the sbs dramas awards.  i wish that ruler will be his breakout drama, i want so madly to see him at baeksang awards, seoul international drama awards, korea drama awards, etc. since 2010 he hasn't attended any ceremony awards. i'm even imagining in my head his acceptance speech hahaha, maybe he will cry. remember when he finished his military service, he cried and said he missed his cats :lol:.  it surprised the media and the koreans. in my memory,  no k celebrity has cried after finishing the army. the media picked on him and ask some explanation from him. as kindhearted as he is, he explained that he cried because he felt guitly leaving his army buddies behind him, knowing all the struggle that they had to cope with.

@beru i want him to get Best Actor award, not just just many Best Young Actor or Best New Actor award... he has tons of awards, but not yet as Excellence Award, Actor in miniseries, or just Best Actor award. but i want more than just SBS or MBC giving him one. because people always said those Major Station's own Award Show only Laud their own dramas, and distribute 'equal' awards around their prime dramas.
so , i want more than that. i want him to get Blue Dragon Film Award, Grand Bell Award, Korean Film Award, Grand Bells or better still Baeksang and a Daesang. Remember at SBS year end award, better grand him what he missed out .

Lol the interviewer kept saying that sohyun is like an angel and how pretty she is even at the end. It's good to hear that she's trying to study because she takes her studying very seriously now that she's homeschooled. 

KSH fan sites are pretty good about subbing her stuff so once ruler is aired I expect her fansite to sub all of the interactions between KSH and YSH:wub:

and I do hope that this drama will bring YSH more acting recognition that he deserves. Honestly all Koreans recognize his skills but he needs that one big probject to push him to the very top. I remember when the articles about the pairing came out Korean people were happy and confident about the main cast. But they said that he needs to meet a good writer.

credit :PANNCHOA

http://pann-choa.blogspot.com/2016/11/instiz-2017s-expected-dramas-casting.html

[instiz] 2017'S EXPECTED DRAMAS + CASTING LINE

2b35e676ca48d2eab69a5fc7afc26ea9.jpg

Ruler: Master of the mask
broadcasting company: MBC
cast: Yoo Seungho, Kim Sohyun
Talks about a powerful company who have privatized water during the Joseon era. The prince struggles to fight for righteousness

post response: +6

original post: here

5. Aren't Kim Sohyun and Yoo Seungho the strongest pair in terms of acting???? Looking forward

8. Yoo Seungho and Kim Sohyun... daebak

Hii, new in this thread and I was looking for this thread a while ago and now have read all of the post, wow an hour and a half reading, thank you for all of the information, i am so happy about the cast, tbh i dont like much of the historical dramas but i have watched various, and I hope all the success for this drama, i hope koreans decide to watch this and this whave a good production and script and of course supporting actors who can carry for the drama too.. Ruler Hwaiting!

Hello GUYS :D

Since Master of the Mask will air probably later than we hope for, i just wanna share this here

Image result for kim so hyun goblin ksh philippines

Queen So Hyun, preview for the upcoming cameo in Goblin, to those who still doubt her beauty in saeguk, visual angel :wub: :lol:

Image result for yoo seung ho in seondal the man who sells the river king disguise

and King Seung Ho, in the movie Seondal, so handsome even with the beard :wub: :w00t:

Cxx-lRDUsAAq4H6?format=jpg&name=large

Cxx-lRGUQAA4_5p?format=jpg&name=large

Everyone, please look at this 17 year olds actress serving A+++ visuals. Her aura and overall vibe is so fit to be the lead in melodrama type of movie / drama. I wish she gets the chance to act in some kind of movie like Son Ye Jin's Classic.

Wait till the day she and YSH destroy us with their stunning visuals and chemistry.

On 11/19/2016 at 3:08 AM, rossy5 said:

Watching the video in slow motion, (settings, speed, smaller one) looks like YSH was observing KSH from the stairs, then when she was walking to said good byes towards the people on the cameras, he turn to look to her direction.:blush:

Then, when they bow to each other, he went to her assistant? to look the cellphone...kekeke, to see the photo of them? And was then looking and looking her.:heart:

Me thinks that maybe he told his assistant or somebody to look for a pretext to take a picture with KSH.

Well, If I am wrong...tell me. kekekeke. :confounded:

I think he had a crush on her at that time. Or...could he has been crushing on her since then? I know this is not a shipping forum...but let me be! :cold_sweat:

P.D. Can somebody tell me how to Quote and hide the content that I want to replay when there is a video?

I was in awed with So Hyun beauty, its elegant yet gorgeous at the same time. Some haters keep point at her forehead as her only flaw they could find, but now she is growing into a beautiful young lady , even her forehead fits her perfectly now. I can't wait to see So Hyun in hanbok again.

10 days since So Hyun casting was announced and my hype has died down a bit. Actually if they are not going to reveal something soon, I might forget about this drama completely. When will they update some more news on castings, production, filming?

PS btw I still dont know how to reply for a post in here? can someone enlighten me pls? :sweatingbullets:

Archived