[Drama 2016-2017] My Fair Lady (Oh My Geum-Bi) 오 마이 금비

Go Seung Ji

I can't expected a better ending. They showed Geum Bi kiss scens with the boy, that means she will don't have another chance in future...
I just want to kill and crush annoying characters. I really hope her classmate find out her disease and treat her better. And can they just throw Cha Chi Soo away? or make him better. I can't stand him despite whatever his reason.
KBS even don't upload clip cuts on their Youtube channel.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/30/2016 at 9:27 AM, eakeeper said:

This poor little thing carries so much on her.  Being so young and already experienced harsh reality so much more than most of the adult can experience in their lifetime. And that wasn't enough, the writer had to put this rare illness on her...:tears:   I hope in the end, they don't show us her actual passing.   I know it's drama, but it doesn't seem fair. After watching this drama, I have to force myself to watch something funny to shake off the feeling of sadness. It really affecting me in a bad way. So sad...

@eakeeper  I also thought the same I spent yesterday watching all 6 episodes and found myself crying..  

30 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@eakeeper  I also thought the same I spent yesterday watching all 6 episodes and found myself crying..  

OMG!  How can you watch all 6 episodes at once?  I could barely handle one episode.  Every single episode of this drama, so far, I've wiped my tears and cry silently, but the last episode (ep 6), when I watched the scene - EB's dad yelling at EB and he told EB why you are calling me uncle, you call me dad...", I lost it. I cry out loud and my husband was running upstairs running scared. He thought something bad happened to me.  This drama touches me in a different level.  :bawling:

Yes jongski is back again! And again..  for the nth time in this thread.. yeah back read and you'll see... I've been saying all along.. this is the best show right now! Best acting! Heo Jung Eun! if she doesn't make you cry and this drama doesn't make you cry...  you aren't human. Hah!

My choice of dramas hasn't failed me. Bloggers/ drama reviewers/ knetz doesn't influence the type of dramas I watch.  This  drama is so effective because it is watched not for famous actors, flowery idols, hallyu stars.. but instead it's effective and good and the best with acting, writing,  and how we are involved especially with your feelings and emotions. Lets enjoy this drama for it's sweet sad poignancy and the excellent scenes and and the best acting .. and lo and behold it's coming from a child actor.. who in my opinion deserves all the love and praises for fantastic amazing acting! Deserve an award, actually. HJE is that good!

Gosh,I can't even handle ep 5. First minute of scene I was in tears already... I'm gonna rewatch and then move on to ep 6.... then I'll have my thoughts..

CyrHA8EVQAAdw1p.jpg
CyrHBr1UAAAw0Tp.jpg
CyrHB7sVEAQICc2.jpg

cto

Though this is sad story, I'm happy  to see more posts here... 

The theory that Chi Soo might be her dad,  possible very possible but I don't like it..  That's too much for Guem Bi,  physical sickness is already too much please writernim don't give her emotional stress by  breaking her believe that MCH is her dad...

Not yet done with ep 5. In tears again. So help me... whew!

That simple poignancy of reaching for Geumbi hands...  she called him appa! Awwwww.!

RT I'm legit crying at this scene. Just a silent moment when the dad grab his daughter hand, but the feels... (cr: anisa)

Spoiler

CymXuboVIAA7yPS.jpg

CymXuB7UoAAwvgJ.jpg
CymXuBtUAAAXJsM.jpg
CymXubqUoAAsxlp.jpg

On 12/2/2016 at 6:42 PM, jongski said:

Not yet done with ep 5. In tears again. So help me... whew!

That simple poignancy of reaching for Geumbi hands...  she called him appa! Awwwww.!

RT I'm legit crying at this scene. Just a silent moment when the dad grab his daughter hand, but the feels... (cr: anisa)

:( this scene makes me cry so hard 

Done with ep 5.. still wiping my tear stained cheeks. Heo Jung Eun... deserves all the love! the accolades!  The praises!

And in every  tweep tweets international viewers including myself...  she deserves an award!

CyikkIQXUAAygtX.jpg
Cyle1r8UcAQ72P3.jpg

So for ep 5 Geumbi already made her bucket list., she found out that  Hwi Cheol was going to do the paternity test, and decided to have that medical aid for orphans.. thru the orphanage.

Actually, back in ep 3   Hwi Cheol actually knows something is wrong with Geumbi, when the doc explained  about enlarge liver and spleen  which could  (lead to or might be) leukemia and said  Geumbi needed biopsy.  In ep 4, Doctor wanted to discuss biopsy for Geumbi, but she overhead phone conversation and  went to hospital already told the doc not to tell him and I guess he forgot about it

So in ep 5.... the male friend/suitor pf Kanghee saw Geumbi at the hospital. He'll likely tell Kanghee about that. Then she'll wonder. Lets see who'll find out first Kanghee or  Hwi Cheol.  I like the back story, irt was fast and not dwelling too much but still gave us sorta background of why he is how he is and he can draw and he was into arts ) hence he drew Kanghee face back in ep 1.

I like the last scene as Hwi Cheol was able to look up the stars...transitioning to flashback when he was young man sitting on the steps with his dad looking at stars as ad his dad explain why his name was  Hwi Cheol. Thw dad saw many stars as he was walking and  thought of whi - Chinese for shine. and Cheol for iron.. and thought men should be strong.  Looking up and staring at the night sky brought back memories for Hiw Cheol..

The reason why they were there to watch the meteor shower? well because Geumbi knew his story as told by the con friend she wanted and insisted  for Hwi Cheold to see  them.. because she remembered why he never looked at the night sky. When his dad ( detective Mo)was stabbed, "Hwi Cheol looked up after identifying his body and there were so many stars. He wanted to die, but the stars sparkled beautifully" and that's a direct sub quote.  So  Geumbi did it for him.. not fort herself.  She wasn't even thinking of herself.  How selfless . Awwww.

One this I like about the scene.. it wasn't sappy. If this was another drama, it would  be scene of her looking at him.. crying. But how nice that it stayed how Geumbi fell asleep..(it was super late) and then just him looking up at the sky.. remembering his dad. It was simple and effective in that way. 

CyjdlL0WQAY7GIP.jpg

Okay.. about to start ep 6..... My heart.. My tears. I already know... but I'm ready. I'll see where does Chisoo come in the equation...if there's possibility he might be the real dad. That will complicate things and I don't feel like/ want anything that might veer away from the flow of the story. The main relationship of Hwi Cheold and Geumbi, and her sickness and how she braves thru it all. . Here we go. Thoughts later.,

Watching ep 6 and I asked previous post who will first learn of Geumbi's illness.  Well, they both where told same time but diff scenes.  Kang hee by her doctor/suitor and Hwi Cheol by the doctor...... They were told of symptoms ans what will happen, the ability to speak will be unclear, seizure, weakening muscles... Hwi Cheol in denial. asked how can dementia happen to a 10 year old. I have to pause...scene below....tears running down my cheeks while typing. 

RT Dhang it! I can hold it myself as well. Let us cry ahjussi. Oh Ji Ho.  Heo Jung Eun. Oh My Geumbi ( rt cr: aiza)

Spoiler

CypL4qiUUAEuGwL.jpg

CypL5ETUAAAYPB0.jpg
CypL5WYVEAECTV6.jpg
CypL6GtUQAAqjR0.jpg
 rt cr: aiza

Episode 6.

Geumbi asked the doctor to keep it a secret. But he made a decision, never mind if it violated patient doctor confidentiality,  Hwicheol needed to know.

Spoiler

CynHp6eXAAAuQxw.jpg

Spoiler

CynHr2jXcAAVHG2.jpg

CynHt6cWIAEAqJL.jpg
CynHv7AXcAAlEyw.jpg

When Kanghee and Hwicheol found out what Geumbi's illness was and how it will her condition, the scene switches from one KH to HC but the continuity is fluid so we get the whole diagnosis  of the symptom. Nicely  done by the director.  Another reason why this drama is good.  Heo Jung Eun  though, what a gem of an acting!

Niemann-Pick disease and it's symptoms as explained to Kanghee and  Hwicheol.

"there is this gene called NPC. It's when the function of this gene are compromised"

"When that happens the cholesterol level increase dramatically. When the lipids are not broken down, the lipids and cholesterol build up. It's the liver, the spleen,and  the brain. As it progresses, ataxia or myotonia can occur which will make walking difficult."

"As pronunciation becomes difficult, her speech will be compromised as well. And then her muscles will suddenly become very weak.  She could go into a seizure."

"As her memory gradually declines, she will show symptoms that mimic Alzheimer's"   Hwicheol was in denial.. but ask  what will happen if it continues. "If this continues before the age of one, they die before they enter grade school. But if it begins after that, they die in their late teens."

"So she'll die before she turns 20?" Doctor/suitor said  'yes'.

And the reaction of Kanghee and Hwicheol shock , disbelief. Hwicheol was shock and tried to process  what doctor explained. in shock, walking  on the street.. ans then we saw Geumbi walking ahead. And and then we begin to cry. It was a sad scene of the aftermath

edit for clarity/

I agree with the comments above that there's a huge possibility that the real father of Geum Bi is Chi Soo... this is the reason why Hwi Hul wanted to take the paternity test...

Everytime I watch each episode, I always find myself laughing then wiping my tears. The director always has funny, silly or very childish moments every episode aside from the expected drama.

the chemistry of the 3 main characters are so good that it seems natural.

looking forward for more tears in the next coming weeks.

12 minutes ago, marypots08 said:

I agree with the comments above that there's a huge possibility that the real father of Geum Bi is Chi Soo... this is the reason why Hwi Hul wanted to take the paternity test...

Everytime I watch each episode, I always find myself laughing then wiping my tears. The director always has funny, silly or very childish moments every episode aside from the expected drama.

the chemistry of the 3 main characters are so good that it seems natural.

looking forward for more tears in the next coming weeks.

Hmmmm... that makes sense but i dont like Chi soo hehehehe

Archived