[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

3 minutes ago, scarletcryz said:

ohnooo its not available in our country :( how to watch it .... directors cut is different to sbs and intl !?

Director's cut is the SBS version. I don't think I can watch the ending though. I have a couple of movies/tv dramas that I rewatch occasionally but the ending is too sad so I have to stop watching at a certain point and pretend they live happily ever after. One of those movies is Nicky Wu's The Lovers. Otherwise I start ugly-crying. 

giphy.gif

• Like 21

On 1/6/2017 at 9:35 AM, chi13lou said:

It's time for our daily chant!

1. JoonGi and IU to guest at each other's January 2017 Taiwan FM and concert, and have dinner together after each event (they still have to eat)

2. Cookies, cake and crumbs from their managers, stylists, and fans armed with hidden cameras

3. IU and SHR cast members to attend the RE 6 premier in Seoul on Jan. 13

4. Duet and MV collaboration between IU and JoonGi in 2017

cr - himawari YT

5. Circumstances to conspire to bring JoonU even more closer (massage chair incident)

6. Magazine photo shoots and CFs featuring JoonGi and IU together

cr - Cosmo Korea

7. Rom-com for JoonGi and/or IU in 2017

8. SHR special episode, spin-off or whatever to be announced and shown soon

crazy monkey 147and our ultimate wish for 2017

BBJX curse/blessing, come true!

Pardon my ignorance, but what was the incident? I watched the award ceremony and I didn't really see anything other than her sitting in it? Thanks!

:heart:

• Like 17

After they hug, did anyone else notice how LJG's hand kind of drags along IU's hip for a second before it drops to his side......? (O___O) (Hit play to see the hug part again, lol.) Maybe I'm just going crazy... which is of course a possibility. ;P

• Like 24

3 hours ago, shabbychic said:

Believe me my friend, he really is THAT special. The IU  I "know" would never initiate skinship of any type with a male celebrity (close or not) especially when the guy is popular and has an army of fangirls. Maybe one of the reasons is because she is shy and not used to it so she ends up being all awkward  I still remember when poor Jonghyun (her close friend btw)  hugged her once it was the most awkward hug I've seen in my entire life. But here I see no awkwardness no shyness and she is the one who hugged him first...guess she got used to it by now with all  the hugs she received from him lol 

yeah from the awards night, i think its not just once they hugged right? or maybe all the hugs from the drama did the wonder hahaha...

im so so so happy with what they did at the concert..

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what was the incident? I watched the award ceremony and I didn't really see anything other than her sitting in it? Thanks!

:heart:

It happened after the cameras cut away. See HERE for a fan account of what happened.

• Like 16

21 minutes ago, eunki said:

Do you know chingus, I was curious how JG's appearance is described in Korean media, so did a search in Naver, but guess what?- not a single article! and it's already 12pm in SK.. FISHY, do you agree? even reporters don't believe in "friendzone and fan service" anymore :sweatingbullets:

yeah.. i was also lurking in soompi news after midnight and not a single news yet,, hahaha

• Like 19

40 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

Director's cut is the SBS version. I don't think I can watch the ending though. I have a couple of movies/tv dramas that I rewatch occasionally but the ending is too sad so I have to stop watching at a certain point and pretend they live happily ever after. One of those movies is Nicky Wu's The Lovers. Otherwise I start ugly-crying. 

I ended up watching episode 20 on the off chance that the alternative ending was there. Nope, it's not. Seriously, the production companies can go eat a bag of jjamppong. It's already been filmed, everyone knows it exists, just release it! It doesn't even have to be edited properly. At this rate, I'd settle for a crappy photo of the script. :triumph:

Time to rewatch IU's Taiwan concert so I feel less angry. Make me happy, JoonU! Feed me your crumbs!

And a welcome to @ilovecoffeeandbooks! I recognize your usename from the main thread!

• Like 22

4 hours ago, kilovekyo said:

LOL i think i'm not sleep well last night, my brain wouldn't rest and keep think for these two even my eyes close, so i don't know if it was dream or sleep in conscious mind.

I couldn't believe that Joon Gi and Ji Eun did something similar to my first otp, They're became special guest in each other fan meeting/concert to stand together in front of their own fans. I agree to other chingu that they're asked to have blessing from fans, i'm so happy Joon Gi chose this way to show that he want to be accepted by her fans. Ji Eun really happy for this, that Joon Gi could do this for her and it's remind me Hae Soo line "...i wouldn't fear of anything. I could freely...truly i could freely love you as i wanted" Ji Eun yaa, now you can smile and laugh freely with someone you love...

mee toooo... I cant sleep well, I concious enough to check my phone directly after I woke up, even I check my phone every minute in my dream.. I will take a rest this afternoon to save my energy for this evening. who knows if we will have more crumbs or maybe a big cake tonight hihihi :blush:

• Like 19

6 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

I ended up watching episode 20 on the off chance that the alternative ending was there. Nope, it's not. Seriously, the production companies can go eat a bag of jjamppong. It's already been filmed, everyone knows it exists, just release it! It doesn't even have to be edited properly. At this rate, I'd settle for a crappy photo of the script.

:triumph:

Time to rewatch IU's Taiwan concert so I feel less angry. Make me happy, JoonU! Feed me your crumbs!

And welcome to @ilovecoffeeandbooks! I recognize you from the main thread!

Yay! Thank you! :) After that concert, I had to come over here and see what was going on because, well... come on, you two... :phew:

17 minutes ago, krysyuy said:

It happened after the cameras cut away. See HERE for a fan account of what happened.

Oooh! I do remember Minah gasping right after they cut away from the chair... so THAT'S what happened! Thank goodness IU has LJG to rescue her!! 

• Like 24

10 minutes ago, eunki said:

in the end of talk when JE again thanked JG for being her guest despite busy schedule, he said "if Jieunie, IU wants, I'm always ready" Calling her Jieunie, not JiEun-ssi, is soooo sweet :wub: and definitely not how you should call a girl with a BF on public event))))

In terms of pet-names/suffixes, is there a hierarchy for the degree of intimacy? E.g. Jieunie v. Jieun-ssi. I hear "-ssi" all the time in K-dramas. In SHR, So called the character "Soo-ah". Japanese has suffixes to indicate degree of intimacy too, "-chan" and "kun". In Chinese (at least Cantonese), there really aren't suffixes. At most we add "Ah" in front of the name (阿). e.g. Ah-Siracusa

• Like 15

7 hours ago, sublimelyheureuse said:

After today's developments, I'm of the opinion that anyone who doesn't think Lee Joon-gi and Lee Ji-eun are about to become an item is delusional. :) Fan service and friendship only go so far.

When I woke up this morning, the first images I saw on this thread were of Lee Joon-gi arriving at the airport, for his flight to Taipei. My impressions were that he looked subdued, and absorbed in thoughts that took enough of his attention that he only cursorily acknowledged his fans. The usual smile was replaced by a more serious - and somewhat somber - expression. Then came the video of his arrival in Taiwan, and the shoulder roll, before he walked out to greet the screaming crowd. At that moment, he reminded me of a boxer, psyching himself up as he's about to enter a ring. When he posted that particular video (courtesy of BlackHole) to his Instagram account with the caption "Long time no see my Taiwan Love," I had to wonder if he were speaking to IU. :) Whether he were or were not including her in the "Taiwan Love," his early-morning distant demeanor, the shoulder roll and boxer psych-up, his words in support of IU during the press conference, his appearance at her concert, and his Instagram picture of himself with her concert stub and just one emoticon all added up - for me - to a man who decided, very consciously, to leave every bit of his emotion and strength on the public stage in Taiwan. He knows exactly what he's doing...and so does IU know what she's doing. 

The brilliance in their strategy is that they are leaving a trail of crumbs that fans can choose to decode or not. But, either way, no one can say news of their relationship fell, unheralded, from the sky. At the same time, they are being utterly professional and not - to my mind - cheesy or over-the-top. Why not? Because the mutual respect and admiration between them is so strong and the energy they emit is of the purest kind of joy.

Anyone can hook up. People do it all the time. Celebrities in just about every country fall into and out of physical relationships, constantly. But when Lee Joon-gi asked for the words to congratulate and cheer on IU in a language his fans speak well, but he does not, and then asked to be able to repeat the words in his native tongue, in case they had not been stated strongly enough, I teared up. The mechanics of sex are easy. But whole-hearted respect does not come by every day. IU has worked so incredibly hard to be where she is, and from such a young age. To have Lee Joon-gi recognize her sacrifices and talent and back her publicly is better to me than wine, roses, chocolate, or all the romance in the world. Lee Joon-gi basically endorsed IU, using his brand to back hers.

Edit: Another bit of the brilliance in their strategy is choosing to be this demonstrative in Taiwan, rather than in Korea. This way, they can judge the ripple effects among k-netizens, without having to deal with any potential furor face-to-face.

This entire post. LOOOOOOOOOOVE it thank you chingu! They're both brilliant strategists :phew:

• Like 20

15 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

In terms of pet-names/suffixes, is there a hierarchy for the degree of intimacy? E.g. Jieunie v. Jieun-ssi. I hear "-ssi" all the time in K-dramas. In SHR, So called the character "Soo-ah". Japanese has suffixes to indicate degree of intimacy too, "-chan" and "kun". In Chinese (at least Cantonese), there really aren't suffixes. At most we add "Ah" in front of the name (阿). e.g. Ah-Siracusa

so far that I know, if you call someone with "-ssi"  you respect your patner but not close enough. it's like use formal language to them. but, if you call someone use "-ah" or "-ie" like "Jieunie" you are close enough and agree to talk comfortably

• Like 20