[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

thanks @chi13lou for the voting roll-call and cute chants! It's been a looong last day of work for me but I've done my voting for today! So excited for tomorrow's Award night! Please poke me again to join you all here! I must have been so crazy (about JoonU) that I actually 'refused' a new year eve's gathering invitation tomorrow evening and would like to stay home instead... hahaha. well, it's partly because I still have some work to finish before the new year *ugh, modern life sucks alright!* but certainly it's also because I don't want to miss any JoonU crumbs! :phew:

Oh, thanks chingu @Lampel for posting that update on JE's pretty cross earrings! cross earrings always remind me of younger JG lol... :wub:

Hey guys! Another lurker delurking. :) I've been following the thread since it opened, so I thought I ought to delurk before the new year. I really enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and enthusiasm for So/Soo and LJG/LJE. I can't wait for the SAF Awards tomorrow!

Knock on wood, but I wouldn't worry too much about Kang Ha-neul being a third wheel to our OTP. It wouldn't make sense for LJG and LJE to walk together as a fan event to make up for the missing reunion scene if it wasn't going to be just the two of them together. Also, not sure if anyone has seen photos from tonight's MBC Drama Awards, but it seems like MBC asked a lot of their couples to walk together on the red carpet - and it's just the couples together, not the couples + other co-stars. 

Despite enjoying the BTS videos, I wasn't really tempted to ship LJG/LJE until the wrap party photos from the finale night. Usually leads refrain from taking pictures together, maybe to avoid potential scandal... but there they were, stuck together like glue. And maybe there's nothing going on between them; maybe they thought it was 'safe' to be photographed together because LJE has a boyfriend (breakup rumours notwithstanding); maybe they knew fans who saw them together would be comforted since there was no reunion between the OTP in the drama... who knows. (I mention these potential reasons for my own benefit, because I don't want to end up heartbroken if they end up with other people. I'm already in too deep.) But it showed that they were very comfortable together, which I thought was nice/interesting.

Also, another thing I appreciate is how much they both ship So/Soo. I can't remember stars from another drama (except maybe Signal) speaking so highly of the characters they played and the relationship between them. I find that in a lot of post-drama interviews, actors' comments are very generic and make it clear that they weren't emotionally invested in their characters, and that the role was just another pay check. I don't really have a problem with that, as such - I realize most actors are just doing their job, and aren't going to analyze the story or become emotionally invested the way a viewer would. But it was really gratifying to me to see LJG and LJE state over and over again that they cared about their characters and the romance. 

Okay, I think I'm done. Hope that wasn't too tl;dr. I hope we get to see our couple win Best Couple tomorrow (and maybe throw in a few selcas together)! :wub:

• Like 23

40 minutes ago, Lampel said:

Cross Earrings:wub:

Thanks to @pie0808 for noticing:)

Waaw thanks to share here and i'm not open IG yet... Sharp eyes @pie0808 i hope we got clear picture kkk...even this pict already clear enough hmm...christmas gift? i love it.

20 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

SAF:SBS poll now officially over.

Hope our efforts are enough to make them win. But JUST IN CASE they do not win, let's seek comfort in knowing that they reach out, comfort and cheer up each other when times are tough.LOL

Important thing we already seen our otp again and they already win Stargazer's heart, right?! LOL i'm so cheesy. Why? I believe to your efforts share our daily chant with so many gifs character help us to pray for it ^^ so it will be worked tomorrow chinguu...

• Like 13

Spoiler
54 minutes ago, Lampel said:

Cross Earrings:wub:

Thanks to @pie0808 for noticing:)

these small similarity makes me think,,,, and wish,, for them to be together..

gosh im so excited to see all of them and the BTS of them interacting, just like yura and hong jong hyun back then,,,

• Like 12

Another sleepless night.  I prepared myself tho... EXPECT UNEXPECTED...Heart, be strong... Together we can thru this!!!  Fighting!!!!!

Wish LJG to win Daesang...LJE to win acting award...JoonU to win best couple award...

Use my mental energy now to send message to emcee Lee Hwi Jae... Sir, you know what to do right?... Trigger LJG to show what he likes the most during MLSHR...to back hug his person onstage...and for him to say 'I love U Haesoo'...:heart: haha..big dream huh...:blush:

• Like 18

10 minutes ago, yumezu said:

WOW! just recently found the thread! I can't believe there's a thread for shippers?! Omoo How I've missed a lot :bawling:

Anyway guys, never have I shipped someone before, so this is my first time shipping our Joongi and Jieun. Is the ship is still sailing? After MLSHR ends, this OTP is really hard to ignore, plus that unexpected ending make me rooting for both happiness! insert Tyra's ANTM gif* I won't ship unless I feel something going on between the two, their chemistry is DAEBAK! I can't denied that there's a spark between them and at a point it make me believe that it's mutual. Lel, my thirst is real, I know!* And I saw many IGs postings our OTP matched-outfits (more reasons to shipship) and whatnot (even before encounter this thread), and called it coincidence? DAT many coincidences? Ohoo I can't no longer take it as that. That are some obvious hints! totally planned out strategies which scream "WE'RE AN ITEM NOW OK" (ok maybe that's just me in my delulu-land). I feel sorry tho cuz I knew Jieun is taken and I shipped her with Joongi :phew: However, she's not married yet, so it won't hurt to ship! heheh~ 

I'm anticipating for tomorrow Red Carpet moments! Both in modern-times, this may be our alternate ending we're looking for! I hope there's no third-wheel, oh please I need to picture only the two of them! Cuz I've read in LJG's thread that Hanuel will attend too, I'm afraid he's going photoboom the moments, sorry not hating Hanuel, it just because..you guys knows why!* Let it be a couple-walk-carpet~! I wonder what both would be wearing :wub: is it coordinated? Maybe Jieun will show up with something innocent but gives off sexy-vibes, hehe and Joongi all smart and sharp in a suit! A dashingly-beautiful couple indeed.

If Jiuen show up with something similar like this,

I imagine Joongi will be giving this look lol

Ok JK, that's far enough imagination! Yup, a delulu me! :w00t: Anyway, hopefully I'll get an update from you all too! I'll squint my eyes out in every possible hints on that day~ hehe Nice meeting all of you and I'm so looking forward for SAF 2016! Let us shippers reunite!:heart: 

Better late than never! Welcome onboard the delulu ship!

Join us in 17 1/2 hours for the party as we live stream together.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, realmsoflove said:

Hey guys! Another lurker delurking. :) I've been following the thread since it opened, so I thought I ought to delurk before the new year. I really enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and enthusiasm for So/Soo and LJG/LJE. I can't wait for the SAF Awards tomorrow!

Knock on wood, but I wouldn't worry too much about Kang Ha-neul being a third wheel to our OTP. It wouldn't make sense for LJG and LJE to walk together as a fan event to make up for the missing reunion scene if it wasn't going to be just the two of them together. Also, not sure if anyone has seen photos from tonight's MBC Drama Awards, but it seems like MBC asked a lot of their couples to walk together on the red carpet - and it's just the couples together, not the couples + other co-stars. 

Despite enjoying the BTS videos, I wasn't really tempted to ship LJG/LJE until the wrap party photos from the finale night. Usually leads refrain from taking pictures together, maybe to avoid potential scandal... but there they were, stuck together like glue. And maybe there's nothing going on between them; maybe they thought it was 'safe' to be photographed together because LJE has a boyfriend (breakup rumours notwithstanding); maybe they knew fans who saw them together would be comforted since there was no reunion between the OTP in the drama... who knows. (I mention these potential reasons for my own benefit, because I don't want to end up heartbroken if they end up with other people. I'm already in too deep.) But it showed that they were very comfortable together, which I thought was nice/interesting.

Also, another thing I appreciate is how much they both ship So/Soo. I can't remember stars from another drama (except maybe Signal) speaking so highly of the characters they played and the relationship between them. I find that in a lot of post-drama interviews, actors' comments are very generic and make it clear that they weren't emotionally invested in their characters, and that the role was just another pay check. I don't really have a problem with that, as such - I realize most actors are just doing their job, and aren't going to analyze the story or become emotionally invested the way a viewer would. But it was really gratifying to me to see LJG and LJE state over and over again that they cared about their characters and the romance. 

Okay, I think I'm done. Hope that wasn't too tl;dr. I hope we get to see our couple win Best Couple tomorrow (and maybe throw in a few selcas together)! :wub:

Welcome chinggu - from a fellow newbie who also just become a delurker. I'm so excited to spazzing with everyone tmrw and to do our BBJX chant together

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, yumezu said:

I imagine Joongi will be giving this look lol

Ok JK, that's far enough imagination! Yup, a delulu me! :w00t: Anyway, hopefully I'll get an update from you all too! I'll squint my eyes out in every possible hints on that day~ hehe Nice meeting all of you and I'm so looking forward for SAF 2016! Let us shippers reunite!:heart: 

Hahaha those expression JG oppa gave is really something!  

• Like 15

2 hours ago, realmsoflove said:

Some actors do become emotionally invested in their characters and Joon Gi is one of them, for example when he filmed "Two weeks", even after the drama ended he stated in an interview that he had depression. 

Spoiler

Lee Jun Ki Confesses His Depression After “Two Weeks” Ended

Actor Lee Jun Ki opened up about the effects of filming his drama, “Two Weeks.”

MBC’s “Two Weeks” followed the story of Jang Tae San (played by Lee Jun Ki) who, after living the lowest standard of life, found the will to live after discovering the existence of his daughter. The drama portrayed the survival of Jang Tae San, wrongly accused of murder, and his efforts to bring justice and save the life of his sick daughter. Keeping up with the role throughout filming required Lee Jun Ki to stay in character, often times causing him to become emotionally drained.

In a recent interview, Lee Jun Ki expressed, “I feel empty. I purposely did not arrange any schedules after the drama so that I could rest, but I am now wondering if that was a mistake. I feel uselessly gloomy. If I were busy I wouldn’t have to be consumed with my emotions, but right now I feel empty.”

The actor continued, “A few days after ‘Two Weeks’ ended, I was fine. I felt really good about myself after seeing all the great news articles that were published. However, all of a sudden a feeling of sadness found me,” and revealed, “Without even knowing, when the mood swings became intense, I started to feel sadness followed by depression.”   

When discussing ways of relief from the emotional rollercoaster, Lee Jun Ki commented, “Since I feel lonely during the times I am alone, I reach out to friends so that we can drink together. I find that although it seems I am resolving my problems when I drink and talk with my friends, in actuality nothing gets resolved. After I am done drinking and spending time with my friends, the feelings come back again.” The actor also expressed, “This time around I am thinking ‘This after effect feelings are lasting longer than usual.’ I understand that time will resolve these feelings, but as of now I feel depressed,” revealing his struggles to move on.

Although struggling through emotional changes after his drama “Two Weeks,” Lee Lee Jun Ki continued to show signs of anticipation for his next work. The actor brightened the dark topic with his smile as he commented, “That’s why I want to quickly start on another project. As of now, there are plans to have performance structured fanmeetings in Korea, Japan, and China. Afterward, I think I might have to go into another project quickly. If I am able to finalize on another project by the first half of next year, then I can plan other things as well.”

Amid his struggles, actor Lee Jun Ki’s honesty reflected the amount of time and effort he invested in to his character, illustrating the dedication and professionalism of the actor.

Cr. Soompi

Lee Jun Ki admits struggling with depression after filming Two Weeks

Apparently, after the K-Drama Two Weeks wrapped, its leading man Lee Jun Ki began suffering a bit of depression. He spoke about it in an interview explaining how heavily immersed into characters he becomes while filming. We’ve heard this from other actors as well who say it’s not always easy to jump right into characters, especially when the character is darker, or the over all feel of the film or drama has a darker tone.

Lee Jun Ki explained that in order to really portray the emotions of Jang Tae San he would have to prepare mentally and get into character before shooting his scenes, and this would leave him emotionally drained afterwards. When Two Weeks wrapped, instead of Lee Jun Ki carrying on with other scheduled activities, he opted to take time for himself which only caused him to sink into depression. He felt lonely and sad, and now says he should have just continued on with his scheduled activities.

Cr. DramaFever

• Like 17

aigoo.. this thread sure moving faster than before!!!

everyone including me is super excited for tomorrow.. i'll make sure to watch it live for JoonU!

anyway regarding the cross earing. mmmmm.. my delulu mind is interpreting something. hahahhaaha

• Like 16