[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Pretty Li Hui Zhen 漂亮的李慧珍

sugarplum892

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I suspect it was more or less deliberate because he was always socially inept and his softer, cheerful side was reserved only for the woman he loved.

Exactly @40somethingahjumma.... His character was stiff and to blunt for his own good. The only one who could get him either mad or happy is HZ. She is the person he trusted the most in the world besides his confident from the US. Even in the Kversion the actor had to act just as stiff as cversion did. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Exactly @40somethingahjumma.... His character was stiff and to blunt for his own good. The only one who could get him either mad or happy is HZ. She is the person he trusted the most in the world besides his confident from the US. Even in the Kversion the actor had to act just as stiff as cversion did. 

The comments on viki were horrendous against Peter's character. I thought he did well and as it was stated by 40somethingahjumma " he was socially inept and his softer, cheerful side was reserved only for the woman he loved " and this is very true even in the Korean verison. The fact that he was chubby and picked on as a child did some damage to his self-esteem so yes he developed a fear of interaction with people. As you and several others have said ONLY HZ was able to bring him to life...even her friend could't do that either in both versions.

I though enjoyed this drama even though at times it was slow....it was still good and happy feel drama...

24 minutes ago, Triton823 said:

The fact that he was chubby and picked on as a child did some damage to his self-esteem so yes he developed a fear of interaction with people. As you and several others have said ONLY HZ was able to bring him to life...even her friend could't do that either in both versions.

@Triton823  Exactly chingu, He was bullied as a child and I think he was bullied in America. That explains why all he has in his house is water in the fridge and he works out often so he doesn't become overweight ever again. Due to his self esteem taking so much hit as a child and probably his teens he never got the chance to be socialable. Sadly in his teens he did not have HZ by his side only in his memory of her is what kept him going in life. It is kinda sad to have such a childhood.

The best thing about it is how HZ was able to stir him out of his shell. I believe it was after they started to officially date that he was happy and more relaxed that HZ had to tell him to stop being so happy and be his old self! I had a good chuckle at that because at last he was able to truly be himself!

I was disappointed because I wanted to see their child with the freckles on her face! I thought the korean child was cute, but wanted to see the chinese child with them too!

6 minutes ago, Triton823 said:

The best thing about it is how HZ was able to stir him out of his shell. I believe it was after they started to officially date that he was happy and more relaxed that HZ had to tell him to stop being so happy and be his old self! I had a good chuckle at that because at last he was able to truly be himself!

I was disappointed because I wanted to see their child with the freckles on her face! I thought the korean child was cute, but wanted to see the chinese child with them too!

@Triton823  I too was disappointing at not seeing their daughter's face too. The Kversion was so adorable tooo. I am just glad it is over because they dragged this drama for to long. But it played out well by giving each character the chance to grow unlike The Korean version. 

On 6 January 2017 at 5:56 AM, dragon98 said:

this  is pretty good drama i reccomend it to anyone....

I watched She Was Pretty first and I noticed Chinese Version broadcasting on Hunan TV.

storyline was almost same but a bit dragging for some scenes. They changed essential of part such as the picture of jigsaw puzzle and why fatty boy is scare driving during rainy season.

Li Hui Zhen also is too pretty. They must cast Hui Zhen's mom a bit look like Hui Zhen and her sister.

Honestly I don't feel main actor acting in this series. His facial expressions are Almost same from beginning until end of series.

sorry... I still prefer Original version.

• 1 year later...

Archived