[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Pretty Li Hui Zhen 漂亮的李慧珍

sugarplum892

7 hours ago, ash011 said:

Thanks i watched. I'm loving the leads! But there romance is gradually developing yay. But i'm starting not to like her best friend..when will next episode come out? any idea?

yeah understand,but i cant wait her make over.i think she's funny,innocent sometimes crazy.but she's totally pretty i like a lot than korean.i like peter sheng and zhang ben they're awesome

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really enjoying this drama much to my surprise.  I am very impressed by Dilraba Dilmurat's acting. I find her acting very natural especially for an character who could have just been a caricature or stereotype.   I usually roll my eyes when obviously attractive actresses are cast to play an 'ugly' girl but I 100% believe Dilraba as Hui Zhen and how a lot of her alleged ugliness is is much about her own low sense of self worth and self-esteem and her dorkiness than physical looks. I really like her interpretation of  Li Hui Zhen-so awkward, kind, adorable and earnest at the same time. 

Vin Zhang Bin Bin as Lin Yi Mu is also excellent. This is the first time I've watched him but I'm impressed by his acting.  Handsome, charming, charismatic, funny sweet but with depth.  I haven't seen him in anything before but he's gained a new fan after watching him in this.  He and Dilraba have lots of natural chemistry too as their characters which makes their scenes enjoyable to watch even when they are arguing:D.

Sierra Li is also doing a great job as Xia Qiao.  I adore her friendship with Hui Zhen (well, when she isn't imitating her and betraying her!) and I can really feel her confusion, guilt and unhappiness.  

I also love all the team members at Immortal.  The whole cast has really good chemistry and really banters and interacts with each other well.

Not impressed by Peter Sheng.  He has about one and a half facial expressions and his acting is so unnatural.  He reminds me of an android or robot. So stiff.  His character is kind of boring and unlikeable anyway so coupled with his expressionless acting I don't really care about him.  I am not feeling any chemistry at all with Li Hui Zhen either.  I don't feel chemistry between him and anyone in the cast really.  He was a tiny bit better in the recent episodes - I think he might have managed two whole facial expressions last episode :tongue:.  I really wish they'd cast a better or more charismatic actor because I don't see why Xia Qiao would risk her adorable bff friendship with Hui Zhen over that human mannequin.  I think It's a shame because literally everyone else in the cast is doing such a great job.

I'm glad I've discovered Dilraba and Zhang Bin Bin through this drama.  They have both gained a new fan:)!

ooh this drama its drive me crazy i cant wait every episode everyday.in maplestage.com have 2episode everyday except friday and saturday.i wish somebody can sub the preview here in soompi.

i dont have bad comment about all the cast of this drama,i know they work hard.wish them all good luck...

Spoiler

Poor Zhang BinBin he told her the truth that he liked her and she took it like he was joking that why you should be too jokey all the time the time when you want to be serious she doesnt believe u i cant stand her friend i skip her parts while fastforwading saw she kissed him dang it was hoping to skip that 

the cliche of oh im going to tell him the truth soon i doubt that will happen ive seen too many drama to believe it but hopefully they suprise me and he really does find out soon and dont also have the cliche of im so pissed off that shed keep this from me 

I love when the three of them are together zhangbinbin kepted getting left behind and for real peter sheng are u that dense that you cant figure out the truth by yourself and if you are that stupid cant you see that u like hui zhen and that you are only with the fake one for the supposed old childhood friendship 

1 hour ago, phuong1317 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Poor Zhang BinBin he told her the truth that he liked her and she took it like he was joking that why you should be too jokey all the time the time when you want to be serious she doesnt believe u i cant stand her friend i skip her parts while fastforwading saw she kissed him dang it was hoping to skip that 

the cliche of oh im going to tell him the truth soon i doubt that will happen ive seen too many drama to believe it but hopefully they suprise me and he really does find out soon and dont also have the cliche of im so pissed off that shed keep this from me 

I love when the three of them are together zhangbinbin kepted getting left behind and for real peter sheng are u that dense that you cant figure out the truth by yourself and if you are that stupid cant you see that u like hui zhen and that you are only with the fake one for the supposed old childhood friendship 

i agree you with you when 3 got together are look really fun.in there business trip when lin yi mo trying to trick hui zhen with bug and throw to bai yuo thats so hilarious and bai yuo want to revenge but he got passed out.

Spoiler

cliche i have to stay with her because of our childhood promise but i like the real hui zhen he was so mean to the real huizhen hopefully he will accept his feeling and dump her friend soon even though i do feel bad for her a little  but she already knows deep inside if she tell him the truth he wouldnt stay with her why are u holding on to that 

I was so angry when I saw 

Spoiler

XQ steal the jigsaw puzzle. How could she do that to her Best Friend? Is a guy you just met more important than a lifetime of friendship? Grrrrr .... If it were the reverse, I am sure HZ will not hesitate to give up that guy for her Friend. 

Dilraba is so pretty. She and Zhang Bin Bin have good chemistry. I love watching their bickering, so natural. I hope they end up together. I don't know what role the rich lady Chief Editor is supposed to play in the drama, but I hope she will be HZ's fairy godmother and give her a makeover soon.

ps. I did not watch the Korean version, so I don't know who ends up with who.

The holding on to the childhood friendship has reached unhealthy obsession levels 

Xia Qiao is is on the way to losing the only source of love in her life over a relationship of lies which simply cannot be contained. The only reason can be that she needs therapy, her family issues have caused her to be damaged on the inside.

If HuiZhen had changed her name HaoYu might not have noticed her at all and would have sent her back or fired her quite early

I hope the Chinese version miraculously develops an ending where HuiZhen gradually starts liking YiMu & end up as life partners while HaoYu remains a friend

2 hours ago, dekaron said:

The holding on to the childhood friendship has reached unhealthy obsession levels 

Xia Qiao is is on the way to losing the only source of love in her life over a relationship of lies which simply cannot be contained. The only reason can be that she needs therapy, her family issues have caused her to be damaged on the inside.

If HuiZhen had changed her name HaoYu might not have noticed her at all and would have sent her back or fired her quite early

I hope the Chinese version miraculously develops an ending where HuiZhen gradually starts liking YiMu & end up as life partners while HaoYu remains a friend

If you watch the previews and know the korean show it more than likely going to follow it i heard that the chinese drama is very similar to the korean one as in scene for scene 

i feel your pain im going through second lead syndrome too i love the chemistry between HZ and YM but luckily for us they have another drama coming out supposedly this year wth the second lead and the main character as the lead 

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Li_Ji_Zhuan

but this is ancient drama not a modern one 

Li hui zhen and YM im fine with it... but  ym that was his character in this drama that they're close each other.about Hao yu,he isnt bad but that was his character here.but i think this drama will continue on Hao yu he will treat LH nicely eventually later because hao yo can't forget there childhood friendship.just be patience.LI HUI ZHEN and HAO YU  they're not bad...i follow this drama since from the beginning and im crazy addicted with this looking forward each episode everyday.please dont ruin in the drama.the korean drama she's pretty aren't that bad but i like this better....no offense.

Not sure if I like the new look of HZ. Her curly hair and big glasses made her look so adorable before. Now with straight hair, her protruding upper teeth looks more prominent. Are those her real teeth in real life?

i feel bad for YM. He is the only person who loves HZ most sincerely. I was so touched when he said "as long as she is happy, I am happy." Wow, that is true love for you, as opposed to selfish love. I'm still hoping that the story will end with HZ and YM happily together. 

ok now YM is annoying me he is being a little stalkerish every single time HZ and HY are talking he has to cut in is he even working it seems like he spend most his time just following her even though i like his character i feel like he is trying to control everything let them be if you say i want her to be happy then stop cutting in whenever she is talking to HY 

Just saw it was Zhang Bin Bin/Vin Zhang's birthday today!  Happy Birthday!!!  I'm a new fan but I am so impressed by his acting and he is doing an amazing job playing my favourite character in the drama: the awesome Lin Yi Mu.  Hope he had a wonderful day and I am looking forward to his future projects :blush:

15 hours ago, omiki said:

Not sure if I like the new look of HZ. Her curly hair and big glasses made her look so adorable before. Now with straight hair, her protruding upper teeth looks more prominent. Are those her real teeth in real life?

i feel bad for YM. He is the only person who loves HZ most sincerely. I was so touched when he said "as long as she is happy, I am happy." Wow, that is true love for you, as opposed to selfish love. I'm still hoping that the story will end with HZ and YM happily together. 

I agree with your post.  Wish HZ and YM would end up together but I doubt it will happen with her fixation on the dull BHY.   Dilraba Dilmurat and  Vin Zhang Bin Bin are the best actors of the leads have so much great natural chemistry and their relationship is so interesting and fun to watch.  I'm really looking forward to their next collaboration together.

I also agree they didn't need to go down the full makeover route with HZ either.  This version of the story hasn't placed much emphasis on her physical looks and rather on her lack of self-confidence and self esteem.  Her style isn't that bad either-just a bit messy and poorly fitted- so the big makeover wasn't necessary in my opinion.  She IS pretty and was so cute before!  And her natural curls are absolutely gorgeous!  I thought they were  going to go down a moderate makeover route after the speech the Editor in Chief made to her about becoming fashionable but adapting it to your own style (sorry I can't remember the episode) so I'm a bit disappointed she now looks like pretty much any other office lady.  If they wanted to give her a makeover they could have just made her curls a bit more manageable and, smartened up her dress sense a little but still kept her individuality.  After all if there's one place you can experiment with your look and not be generic it is working in fashion!  Look at Madame Editor in Chief and her crazy outfits! 

I'm pretty sure those are her natural teeth but she's over emphasising her overbite on purpose for the character's "goofiness".

Does anyone else look forward to seeing what the Editor in Chief will be wearing everytime she is in a scene?  Her outfits, accessories (that gun clutch!), hair style and make-up are always so fun and creative and she manages to make all the looks work :lol:!

I also like Yi Mu's styling in this show a lot.  Very cool, arty and a little alternative.

I also agree they didn't needed to go down the full makeover route with HZ either.  This version of the story hasn't placed much emphasis on her physical looks and rather on her lack of self-confidence and self esteem.  Her style isn't that bad either-just a bit messy and poorly fitted- so the big makeover wasn't necessary in my opinion.

I did like that Xia Qiao was the one who spearheaded the big makeover and how she emphasized that the only things that needed to change were HuiZhen's hair and freckles.  Which is pretty minimal, if you ask me.  The end result was a bit more than that but if they follow the Kdrama, the change gets muted pretty quickly.  Realistically the main character can't afford the money needed to retain that level of transformation. 

I do really love the Editor in Chief in this version.  Her style is pretty much on point and she's managed to be wacky without being overly cartoonish.  Also I like the fact that she drops English words/phrases instead of French! 

Yi Mu's styling is pretty well done too.  Though he sticks out (much like HuiZhen) in that more conservatively dressed office.  BTW, I am really loving the fact that Zhang BinBin has gotten more and more screen time as the drama has progressed--more so than the male lead!  It almost makes up for the fact that he doesn't get the girl in the end. 

On 17/01/2017 at 5:08 PM, dekaron said:

Yes!  Especially the childhood friendship obsession.  I know it's supposed to be a romantic trope but, frankly, I'm beginning to think BH needs some professional therapy.  It is not healthy to be so fixated on the past.

On 19/01/2017 at 11:02 PM, kharybeth said:

I did like that Xia Qiao was the one who spearheaded the big makeover and how she emphasized that the only things that needed to change were HuiZhen's hair and freckles.  Which is pretty minimal, if you ask me.  The end result was a bit more than that but if they follow the Kdrama, the change gets muted pretty quickly.  Realistically the main character can't afford the money needed to retain that level of transformation. 

I do really love the Editor in Chief in this version.  Her style is pretty much on point and she's managed to be wacky without being overly cartoonish.  Also I like the fact that she drops English words/phrases instead of French! 

Yi Mu's styling is pretty well done too.  Though he sticks out (much like HuiZhen) in that more conservatively dressed office.  BTW, I am really loving the fact that Zhang BinBin has gotten more and more screen time as the drama has progressed--more so than the male lead!  It almost makes up for the fact that he doesn't get the girl in the end. 

LOL.  I can't take those freckles seriously.  They look so fake!  Like they just grabbed some eyeliner 5 minutes before filming and dotted her face.  All she needed to get rid of those is some soap and water :lol:!  I did like that in the recent episode she said she changed for herself but I do miss her lovely curls :(

The Editor in Chief is so funny and  I like that she's actually smart and so positive and I love the way she sprinkles in English when she's talking. I really enjoy the camaraderie of the Immortal office group as whole.  Yi Mu's bromance with Lin Hao is hilarious and I love how wise, capablel and kind Fashion Editor Zhu Ying is.     

Yes, Yi Mu's cool style and also Lin Hao's sloppy style really stand out compared to the rest of the office.  I think Zhang Bin Bin is getting so much screentime because the actor and the character are so charismatic and entertaining and he's a good viewer proxy as he has interesting interactions with the various characters.  For instance, Yi Mu's and Xia Qiao's unusual friendship is portrayed really well too and it shows the introspective, serious, philosophical side of YM's character that he hides a lot of the time.  BH is a boring character and the way they film BH's scenes I get the distinct feeling they are editing around Peter Sheng's wooden performance which is why he hasn't had as much screen time as expected for the male lead compared to Park Seo Joon in the original Korean version. 

I am definitely beginning to feel the fatigue of this being 40 episodes compared to the 16 episode original.  I think this should have been maybe 30 - 32 episodes because as I much as I enjoy some of the characters I don't think the K-drama's thin plot is strong enough for this significantly increased episode count.  This remake has made some good changes to the original's plot and characters but so far I don't think they have used the increased episodes to make enough significant changes or additions so the plot is beginning to stretch thin and, frankly, with all the clues and advice he has received BH seems stupid for not figuring things out by now.

I find the second lead male here as annoying and immature (in his pursuit of Li) as the one in the original. Can't wait until his bubble is bursted. I hope that this version will also allow the two leads to have that OTP relationship they seek. Yu mi needs to butt out.

Archived