Peter Sheng Yi Lun

Nikki Lee

Vin Zhang Bin Bin

Wang Yi Nan

Wang Xiao

Faye Wang Yi Fei

Ren Wei

Synopsis:

Life’s many challenges can have a tremendous impact on your outward appearance. Li Hui Zhen (Dilmurat Dilraba) was a beauty in her younger years, but years of hardship on her family has taken a toll on her physical appearance. Her childhood friend Bai Hao Yu (Peter Sheng) experiences a reverse fortune and his dapper good looks in adulthood is an outward manifestation of his prosperity later in life. When Hao Yu tracks down Hui Zhen and wants to reconnect, Hui Zhen is embarrassed by her current appearance and sends her stylish best friend and roommate, Xia Qiao (Sierra Li), in her place. But when Hui Zhen lands an internship at a company that she has been trying to break into, she is shocked to find out that Hao Yu is her new boss. As Hui Zhen tries to hide her true identity from Hao Yu, magazine reporter Lin Yi Mu (Zhang Vin) begins to show an interest in her. How long can Hui Zhen keep up the charade with Hao Yu? “Pretty Li Hui Zhen” is a 2017 Chinese drama series. It is a remake of the hit 2015 Korean drama “She Was Pretty.”

Cr Viki

Watch it here with English subs!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Pretty Li Hui Zhen 漂亮的李慧珍 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Pretty Li Hui Zhen 漂亮的李慧珍 Raw Episodes

She Was Pretty 그녀는 예뻤다 Korean Drama Thread

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, new_breed_asia said:

Peter Shen, was he the guy in the webdrama series Go, Princess Go? @sugarplum892? And this is Vin's first drama for 2017 right?

Yes, Peter was in GPG and I believe so!  It seems like Vin will also be in Three Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossom drama version as the character of Li Jing.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, shaselai said:

been watching this even though it is a remake. The drama is follows the K version pretty closely - the puzzles, umbrella etc. 

It does. I'm enjoying it though so while I think it could have been better if it had taken the themes rather than the exact objects it's okay with me. I was a fan of Siwon but didn't get SLS in the last one but I'm loving KO (is it Vin?) in this. Too adorable.

I also kind of like that the lead is not as utterly terrible. Seo Joon's acting in the kdrama made his leading male so unlikable in the beginning it was only the force of her affection for him that made me happy for her in the end. 

On 1/6/2017 at 5:07 PM, shaselai said:

been watching this even though it is a remake. The drama is follows the K version pretty closely - the puzzles, umbrella etc. 

i think its better than korean the chinese, no offend shes kind of pretty

I was really hesitating to watch this drama, because -no offense to fans of the K-version- but I just couldn´t stomach the "original" one and dropped it after 5 episodes.

The acting was too over the top for me and the main female character too loud, I was constantly cringing while watching the first eps. The main male lead also was really offputting...I have seen both actors in other dramas and loved them there..but not in the K-version.

I really love Dilraba Dilmurat´s interpretation of the character..instead of being in-your-face and loud..she is more akward and somehow really cute and loveable..She is always trying to go forward and I love what she said in ep 11..that "you have to value what you have"..instead of always looking at other people.

Peter Sheng didn´t convince me at first, but he is growing more and more on me.

To be honest, this is the drama I look most forward to every day and can´t get enough of.

10 hours ago, Asgarla said:

I was really hesitating to watch this drama, because -no offense to fans of the K-version- but I just couldn´t stomach the "original" one and dropped it after 5 episodes.

The acting was too over the top for me and the main female character too loud, I was constantly cringing while watching the first eps. The main male lead also was really offputting...I have seen both actors in other dramas and loved them there..but not in the K-version.

I really love Dilraba Dilmurat´s interpretation of the character..instead of being in-your-face and loud..she is more akward and somehow really cute and loveable..She is always trying to go forward and I love what she said in ep 11..that "you have to value what you have"..instead of always looking at other people.

To be honest, this is the drama I look most forward to every day and can´t get enough of.

i agree with you for some reason wheneever i try to watch the korean version i turn it off after 10 minutes it might be because i watched kill me heal me before and the 2 leads were bro/sis i just dont see romantic chemistry and HJE acting was bad to me in this drama 

on the other hand im obsessed with the chinese version i love both leads and KO(from loveo2o) makes me have second lead syndrome even though im still rooting for the lead couple  Even though im mad at her friend i see where she is coming from it isnt all her fault that she is starting to like him 

1 hour ago, phuong1317 said:

i agree with you for some reason wheneever i try to watch the korean version i turn it off after 10 minutes it might be because i watched kill me heal me before and the 2 leads were bro/sis i just dont see romantic chemistry and HJE acting was bad to me in this drama 

on the other hand im obsessed with the chinese version i love both leads and KO(from loveo2o) makes me have second lead syndrome even though im still rooting for the lead couple  Even though im mad at her friend i see where she is coming from it isnt all her fault that she is starting to like him 

@phuong1317.... I will agree HJE was well suited for this role . This version is so much realistic and more entertaining. I will not deny , I did enjoy the Korean version because of the story line. 

I liked the Korean version for the most part.  Siwon totally stole the show.  But it was uncomfortable to watch at times because so much emphasis was put on the fact that Hye Jin was a failure specifically because she wasn't conventionally pretty.  IIRC, she was actually pretty competent in her role at the magazine once she learned enough about the fashion industry to understand the lingo, etc.

I am coming to love the Chinese version better because it does feel more realistic.  While the makeup on HJE was so much better and realistic (Dilraba's freckles are cartoonishly bad), I prefer Dilraba's interpretation of the main character.  She's kind of goofy and ditzy and good hearted IN ADDITION to being not pretty.  Actually the pictures of her post-makeover don't really change how she looks all that much.  All of which is nice and feels more realistic.  She is such a winsome little dork at times.

And Zhang Bin Bin is wonderful as Yimu!  Mind you, Mei and KO were probably my favorite couple in Love O2O, so I came into this largely to see how he would fill Siwon's shoes.  The scene where he plays keep away from Hui Zhen with the puzzle piece had me laughing so hard.  I like how he can go from weird to sweet and sincere in an instant.  He's so colorful whereas the male lead is so ... beige.  (Though they need to tone down the dubbing when he speaks English--that was jarring...)

I don't mind Peter Sheng as Hao Yu.  I like that he kind of comes off as a snob across the board--even when he's with Xia Qiao.  The consistency in characterization is nice.  And I have to say that so far I like the character of Xia Qiao better than her Korean counterpart.  I feel her sense of conflict more.  It is nice that the longer episode count means that they can draw the development of the relationship between Hao Yu and Xia Qiao out a bit more which was something that would have helped the Korean version, IMHO.

On 1/11/2017 at 8:43 PM, Asgarla said:

Aw man, same! You've put it perfectly too. She Was Pretty was hard to watch in the early days, Kim Hye Jin was very, very cringey (and my god woman, cover your mouth when you sneeze, gross!) and Sung Joon was downright despicable and mean. Hye Jin's every other moment of sanity with every other character saved the show for me. 

In this one, I love, love, love Li Hui Zhen, I absolutely adore Lin Yi Mu (Vin). I love the friend and the co-workers. I even like the boss. I like the fact that I'm just enjoying the ride here. I'm not afraid that someone is going to do something that'll make me cringe. I can't wait for every episode. I'm dreading the weekend drought. 

On 1/6/2017 at 5:07 PM, shaselai said:

i think its better than korean the chinese, no offend shes kind of pretty....

wow chinese actor they do a good job for remake i love it.

8 hours ago, ash011 said:

Can someone tell me where to watch episode 14,15,16,17?? I'm badly waiting to watch but none of the sites has updated. It will really helpful if someone gives the link.

go in viki.com. there's a raw no sub in maplestage.com

3 hours ago, dragon98 said:

go in viki.com. there's a raw no sub in maplestage.com

Thanks i watched. I'm loving the leads! But there romance is gradually developing yay. But i'm starting not to like her best friend..when will next episode come out? any idea?

3 hours ago, ash011 said:

Thanks i watched. I'm loving the leads! But there romance is gradually developing yay. But i'm starting not to like her best friend..when will next episode come out? any idea?

it comes out sunday to thursday 2 episodes a day im so spoiled the episode comes out so fast that when friday and saturdays i want to watch new eipsodes

i really hope he already knows that she is the real li hui zhen because it is pretty blantantly obvious i agree with you im starting to dislike her friend if he really liked you for you you shouldnt have to keep pretending to be someome ur not 

there is this channel on youtube that put on the episodes and previews at night usually i watch the episode on maplestage in the morning and at night this channel will have the preview 

Archived