Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

On 9/22/2018 at 4:44 PM, tashalynn said:

So is it confirmed about season 2?? When???

Nothing about a Season 2 till now and no chance for the next few months...could be even a year or more, because of ZLY's pregnancy....unless the Producer have no intention to change the Female Lead Actress. Let's wait and see 

• Like 1

Let's remember the actors who made Princess Agents a big hit

They all deserve our congratulations :heart:

Of course , we all have favorites. Mine are Lin Gengxin perfect as Yuwen Yue, Li Qin(beautiful and very talented actress) as Princess Yuan Chun, Wang Yanlin very good as Yuwen Huai and Deng Lun as Crown Prince of Liang 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 10:41 PM, lovecarnation said:

but why on the last episode she kissed yuwenyue forehead and looks like she love him???

Her heart belonged to Yuwen Yue. It was always his ; but sadly it was towards the end that she realized how much he meant to her. She cared for Yan Xun but it was more as a friend. She did say though in the last episode that she wasn’t sure if what she felt for him was love but she knew that she cared for him. She thought all her dreams and goals to be free would be realized with Yan Xun but he got so consumed with revenge and power. As we saw in the end ,  she told Yan Xun that she will never forgive him if Yuwen Yue dies (in Yanbei) as she turned her back on him and followed her heart and  tried to save Yuwen Yue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found it completely unrealistic how during the 3 year period Yan Xun and Chu Qiao were holed up together, not once did Yan Xun try to kiss her. It leads me to believe his interest in her was actually platonic, just as her interest in him seemed to be. They were both more enamored with the idea of Yanbei than each other.

I realize they were focused on surviving, but it's during tense, life and death periods when men and women tend to form the tightest bonds. If there's even a hint of lust, they will give in to their urges just to experience that life affirming feeling and sense of agency. Yan Xun's hesitance was difficult to understand, especially if we're to believe he was in lust/love. Obviously the writers had to keep things ambiguous for plot purposes, so we're constantly wondering who she'll choose in the end, but this specific thing was hard for me to suspend disbelief on. The only way Yan Xun's utter passiveness makes sense is if deep down he thought of her as more of a companion or a little sister. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 8:51 PM, icefireflies said:

I found it completely unrealistic how during the 3 year period Yan Xun and Chu Qiao were holed up together, not once did Yan Xun try to kiss her. It leads me to believe his interest in her was actually platonic, just as her interest in him seemed to be. They were both more enamored with the idea of Yanbei than each other.

I realize they were focused on surviving, but it's during tense, life and death periods when men and women tend to form the tightest bonds. If there's even a hint of lust, they will give in to their urges just to experience that life affirming feeling and sense of agency. Yan Xun's hesitance was difficult to understand, especially if we're to believe he was in lust/love. Obviously the writers had to keep things ambiguous for plot purposes, so we're constantly wondering who she'll choose in the end, but this specific thing was hard for me to suspend disbelief on. The only way Yan Xun's utter passiveness makes sense is if deep down he thought of her as more of a companion or a little sister. 

Writers were good but the editing not. They deleted a lot of scenes....so we had many long scenes between YH and Xinger , scenes not very important for the story while other important ones are missing. The love story between Yuwen Yue and Xinger suffered the most because of the bad editing...

Returning to YH : 

Since his family was killed, his priorities have changed. From that moment, the revenge became more important than love. As a companion, she was the only person that he truly confide in, so he needed her. On the other hand, he wasn't the Prince YH anymore but YH the rebel . That must have been humiliating for the very proud young man he was. So he had to regain his social status as Prince of Northern Yan first 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 6:13 PM, claribelle3 said:

Her heart belonged to Yuwen Yue. It was always his ; but sadly it was towards the end that she realized how much he meant to her. She cared for Yan Xun but it was more as a friend. She did say though in the last episode that she wasn’t sure if what she felt for him was love but she knew that she cared for him. She thought all her dreams and goals to be free would be realized with Yan Xun but he got so consumed with revenge and power. As we saw in the end ,  she told Yan Xun that she will never forgive him if Yuwen Yue dies (in Yanbei) as she turned her back on him and followed her heart and  tried to save Yuwen Yue. 

well, but there is one word from Chuqiao that I am not so sure whether she loves yuwenyue. sHe said she did not blame Yanxun for killing YWY but YWY should not die at Yanbei. meaning the point is she just doesn't want YWY to die at yanbei but YX may kill YWY? I am a little confused by that statement ... I have finished this series, but I can only give this series 8/10 points, because of zanilia and shawn dou acting that is so good in this series.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

well, but there is one word from Chuqiao that I am not so sure whether she loves yuwenyue. sHe said she did not blame Yanxun for killing YWY but YWY should not die at Yanbei. meaning the point is she just doesn't want YWY to die at yanbei but YX may kill YWY? I am a little confused by that statement ... I have finished this series, but I can only give this series 8/10 points, because of zanilia and shawn dou acting that is so good in this series.

I think the English sub or translation was a little bit muddled. She was speaking to YX in the context of playing fair. That she wouldn’t blame YX if he killed YWY in an even playing field and Yanbei as being his territory (YX’s) , he already has the advantage. Then there’s not playing fair emotionally as he resorted using both YWY’s and  CQ’s feelings to lure him into a death trap.

CQ’s/Xing’er’s words to YWY in the end clearly showed who was the man in her heart. The line “I will never leave you again” was very meaningful in the context of her relationship and feelings for YWY. We’ve seen her leaving him out of anger and or running away/denying her own feelings. Their final moments were full of realizations and regrets from CQ as we saw her anguish seeing the injured, bloody YWY.She tried in vain to save him as she was practically ready to die with him when she jumped after him into that frozen lake. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw a lot of articles that state that season 2 is going to be made, but unfortunately Zanilla aka the actress playing Chu Qiao doesn't want to take up the role again. Apparently she wants to try different roles and therefore doesn't intend to come back. But netizens expressed their wishes that they want the original leads to return - they've been expressing this wish for a long time, so I think that it's kind of irresponsible from her not to finish something she already started. I mean I understand her wish to explore new things but this role had a big impact on her carrier and she could just look at it as a gift to all those who loved the story and the characters and give us closure, and not to mention that the sequel would most likely be a success and she could only gain more success so it wouldn't harm her in any way. And I remember that after the series finished back in 2017 she and Kenny Lin basically expressed regret that the story ended unfinished, so I feel disappointed that she is seeing this role kind of like something that isn't worth her time anymore. At least that's what I'm getting from all this.

P.S. Sorry guys, I just had to vent after seeing this news, and I got all of this from several articles I found through baidu so if they got some facts wrong I did too 

• Love 1

On 3/18/2019 at 6:31 PM, dfun said:

I saw a lot of articles that state that season 2 is going to be made, but unfortunately Zanilla aka the actress playing Chu Qiao doesn't want to take up the role again. Apparently she wants to try different roles and therefore doesn't intend to come back. But netizens expressed their wishes that they want the original leads to return - they've been expressing this wish for a long time, so I think that it's kind of irresponsible from her not to finish something she already started. I mean I understand her wish to explore new things but this role had a big impact on her carrier and she could just look at it as a gift to all those who loved the story and the characters and give us closure, and not to mention that the sequel would most likely be a success and she could only gain more success so it wouldn't harm her in any way. And I remember that after the series finished back in 2017 she and Kenny Lin basically expressed regret that the story ended unfinished, so I feel disappointed that she is seeing this role kind of like something that isn't worth her time anymore. At least that's what I'm getting from all this.

P.S. Sorry guys, I just had to vent after seeing this news, and I got all of this from several articles I found through baidu so if they got some facts wrong I did too  

maybe the reason zanilia didn't take that role anymore was because she was married and had just given birth, I had read that she wanted to prioritize her family rather than filming and maybe it would be rare to play drama, so I could understand she was not responsible for completing the drama for the season two, but she wants to be responsible for her family in real life ... and I'm totally agree with her view of the importance of a family, rather than abandoning the family which leads to a divorce that has been experienced by artists who are too focused on careers and abandon their families who has been nurtured.