[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

37 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Yup I don't think so people will watch it after this kinda ending.. PA had gained so much audience while it was airing. If the ending was happy, it would have definitely surpassed more viewership.

Can anybody translate the stuff

Baidu post says "not sure if it is definitely true or not, but it did provide explanation on many unreasonable part of the story".

The whole story should have 5 kissing scenes: shower/bathroom, kissing, temple, icy lake, ending scene.

Then it goes on explaining the missing parts for each.

So for temple scene (2nd last or 3rd last ep), supposedly he left first then xin er chased after him said "I won't become Yan Wang's wife, not now, not in the future". Then YWY kissed her. Yue Qi arrived and interrupted them.

About the ending scene, we suppose to have these scenes.

"Xin er came into surface. He Xiao scold her saying "is this your faith?". Then she understood and became Xiou Li Wang and protecting her people. Few years later, she gave the responsibility to He Xiao because YWY told her to live for herself. So she left and started wonder around places. Then she meet YWY at the temple, ran into his arms and kissed him. The End."

• Like 20

5 hours ago, Kim Da said:

If only they give us 2 more episodes yhen there ia no need for the season 2 but they are just too greedy

I am still upset over the open ending. I agree they should give us 2 special epi ... no 3.. 2 to tie up all the loose ends and 1 ep time for their advertising revenue, isnt this the reason they are dragging it.  If I have that 2 special epi, I give my full attention to their 1 ep time of advertisements.

It was fun time for me here and reading all the comments, ranting, cursing and analysis of the drama and the characters compensate for the crap that we get for the last few ep.  Really like it that some of of you give your version of the happy ending:D. Thank you all and hope to find you guys in another interesting thread.  I really admired some of you who can write  so well and such deep analysis of the characters and it would be nice that someone can write a fiction of our OTP, maybe our own version of the ending of PA or maybe a modern adaptation of PA  :tongue:

• Like 8

6cdcbbcd7cd98d109afa45c62b3fb80e7bec9019.jpg

They didn't forget the bells. After the swords were exchanged, Xing'er saw the bells when she got to YX's residence and put them away. On that day when she was maid for a day, while YWY was bandaging his cut hand while XE was sitting at the table, YWY was asking her if she had thrown it out, XE said that since he had already given it to her, it was hers to do with as she wished. 

3 years later, Xing'er didn't treat YWY (or the young master, as this poster likes saying) the way she did for no apparent reason. There's apparently a big piece of monologue by XE. That's when she started trusting again. It was clear that they were comrades (probably referring to YX from what comes next). When someone from the palace (does she mean YWY here) called her YX's woman, XE was really angry and said to YWY "I thought in the entire world, you're the person who understands me best. Even you don't understand me." She was angry because the young master misunderstood her so with the mention of YX, XE got angry.

Hope that helps...

• Like 21

14 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

They didn't forget the bells. When the swords were exchanged, Xing'er saw the bells when she got to YX's residence and put them away. On that day when she was maid for a day, while YWY was bandaging his cut hand while XE was sitting at the table, YWY was asking her if she had thrown it out, XE said that since he had already given it to her, it was hers to do with as she wished. 

3 years later, Xing'er didn't treat YWY (or the young master, as this poster likes saying) the way she did for no apparent reason. There's apparently a big piece of monologue by XE. That's when she started trusting again. It was clear that they were comrades (probably referring to YX from what comes next). When someone from the palace (does she mean YWY here) called her YX's woman, XE was really angry and said to YWY "I thought in the entire world, you're the person who understands me best. Even you don't understand me." She was angry because the young master misunderstood her so with the mention of YX, XE got angry.

Hope that helps...

Ahh.. she kept the bells. That made more sense. I've been wondering about it and it got answer. Thank you soo much. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, fallentenshi said:

Baidu post says "not sure if it is definitely true or not, but it did provide explanation on many unreasonable part of the story".

The whole story should have 5 kissing scenes: shower/bathroom, kissing, temple, icy lake, ending scene.

Then it goes on explaining the missing parts for each.

So for temple scene (2nd last or 3rd last ep), supposedly he left first then xin er chased after him said "I won't become Yan Wang's wife, not now, not in the future". Then YWY kissed her. Yue Qi arrived and interrupted them.

About the ending scene, we suppose to have these scenes.

"Xin er came into surface. He Xiao scold her saying "is this your faith?". Then she understood and became Xiou Li Wang and protecting her people. Few years later, she gave the responsibility to He Xiao because YWY told her to live for herself. So she left and started wonder around places. Then she meet YWY at the temple, ran into his arms and kissed him. The End."

How I wish this is the actual ending we got :(

• Like 8

So most probably Hunan or maybe Ciwen Media did butchering PA just like what they did to TJOF?? Are they not learning any lessons back then when fans are so upset of the butchering of TJOF? Ok TJOF has several steamy hot kisses, eventhough the time slot back then is actually good enough for them to supposedly aired that scenes, if they want to cut it, how we fans can say no, each country has their own set of what is appropriate for public viewing, but why also cut the scene that is not related to kisses. And now it also happen to PA??? 

Thank you so much @40somethingahjumma and @fallentenshi for providing us with the translations.

I think most probably the kisses is just 2, just like the one that aired, because ZLY did say in her interview that there is not much lovey dovey moment between XE and YWY, so they retake the one and only kiss scene to make it more good. It make sense though if they cut the "force kiss", the BTS showed us several angles that is not being aired, but I (again) reluctanly accept if they want to tone down the kiss, but why also cut the XE keeping the bell scene, YWY bandaging his hand and he ask XE about the bell, about her upset when someone called her YX's woman, her confession that she will not be Empress of Yan ever, and the ending that HX look for her at the icy lake and she gonna meet YWY again????? WHY?????

So glad that Ciwen's stock took a hit, they should rethink if in the future they gonna do something like this again. And I hope ZLY, LGX, SD, LJ, DL and all other casts of PA will reconsider if Ciwen ever want to cast them again on their project.

• Like 10

@cenching   What they really butchered was CQ's character. Sad really.

I think we all suspected that underneath all that bad editing was a lot of unused footage. While we don't have confirmation that all of this footage was really taken out of the final cut, it does unfortunately ring true and it certainly explains the wobbliness of the second half of the drama... the inconsistent pacing, the lack of OTP scenes as compared to the first twenty odd episodes, as well as unnecessary scenes of people angsting and brooding.

Somebody thought they could milk the PA ratings and turn the story into a franchise. Or sell the director's cut DVDs. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@cenching   What they really butchered was CQ's character. Sad really.

I think we all suspected that underneath all that bad editing was a lot of unused footage. While we don't have confirmation that all of this footage was really taken out of the final cut, it does unfortunately ring true and it certainly explains the wobbliness of the second half of the drama... the inconsistent pacing, the lack of OTP scenes as compared to the first twenty odd episodes, as well as unnecessary scenes of people angsting and brooding.

Somebody thought they could milk the PA ratings and turn the story into a franchise. Or sell the director's cut DVDs. 

I dun think a director's cut DVDs will have the original footages and original ending.. if yes, that will be like another drama already... But I do hope is a yes, I dun mind buying that...

• Like 3

@jolin_chan, @40somethingahjumma, I think they cut those scenes to gave space to other characters' scenes that were sponsored by certain companies whom insisted of getting additional unnecessary scenes for their actors/actresses like what @monchoo mentioned several pages back. So Ciwen or Hunan can earn more from sponsors while they can't extend the episodes anymore due to time table of another dramas with another sponsors.

• Like 6

@40somethingahjumma and @Hapiangle sadly I don't think there will be any Director's CUT DVD, judging from what happen to TJOF. But I'm hoping there will be kind soul that gonna leaked / provide us pictures or unedited scenes for the cut scenes, just like what happen at TJOF back then.

Add : @cenching what you and @monchoo said make sense. I HATE Hunan and Ciwen so much.

It's not helping though that Hunan is the most popular TV station in MC. Have you girls realize that none of this happen when the drama is being aired at DragonTV? Just like TMOPB, NiF, etc. OtJ2's kiss scenes got cut though, eventhough it aired on DragonTV, but they didn't butchering the plot line.

• Like 7

Actually, Hunan always like that, bad edit , cut scenes. I just hope to get a chance to watch those scenes if it's true. The later part of the drama was edited very bad, poor our actors, actress. Their effortness was wasted.

• Like 5

Thank you so much @40somethingahjumma 

There were so many beautiful scenes but they butchered it so badly. They ruined our couple's OTP. Y hunan?? Y they have ruin such a perfect show??  They used the actors efforts n turned them in vain. 

They could at least have special episodes n show us proper ending. But no!!  They will not

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, cenching said:

About the bells if it's true XE kept it, why I saw it hanging on YWY's sword during slave market scene? 

Who knows? Maybe he got it back later. :tongue:

The editing gremlin got into the system?

If it's the case as you all are saying, political... that the backers of other actors were demanding more screen time, why couldn't they have shown more episodes? After all they were fiddling with the episode numbers for a while. Sigh... the lack of professionalism is appalling.

Remind me never to watch anything broadcast by this mob again. <_< Let's hope LGX and ZLY never have anything to do with them ever again.

• Like 8

Thank you @40somethingahjumma  and @fallentenshi for translating. So many important pieces gone. I'm sad....  But in a way I got closure too, and really thankful for it... If only there is this original version being sold...or they add one more episode as the real ending... But strongly doubt it... This is like a battle of pride, they gave that version and that's it, we accept that or we wait until they give us season 2. (I got mood swings from anger to sadness to anger again....like a loop....sighh....)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Who knows? Maybe he got it back later. :tongue:

The editing gremlin got into the system?

If it's the case as you all are saying, political... that the backers of other actors were demanding more screen time, why couldn't they have shown more episodes? After all they were fiddling with the episode numbers for a while. Sigh... the lack of professionalism is appalling.

Remind me never to watch anything broadcast by this mob again. <_< Let's hope LGX and ZLY never have anything to do with them ever again.

Because of the schedule for another drama where Hunan already received the sponsors' money too...all about money of course....

• Like 4