[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

11 hours ago, Satynne said:

I'm enjoying the translations and recaps,  they changed the names of the characters from the PA book, so in the book is Zhuge Yue and in the drama is Yuwen Yue, but they are the same. They also changed the name of the dynasty I believe.  

the book seems quite different though 

Heyho... fanfic readers...

Here's a oneshot from moi... A View to Love based loosely around Episode 53 (uncut)

It's an introspective part retrospective from CQ's POV with a missing XingYue scene.

Another one from a new writer called jacksilveriris can be found here. It's called Details (Things that were forgotten). It's her first one so be as encouraging as possible.

Enjoy!

• Like 5

I decided to post early this week because there's no way I'm going to proofread this monstrosity again tomorrow I'm feeling a generous burst of holiday spirit. Here's Chapter 15 on FFN and AO3. It's long, but they're all going to be long from here on out as I try to close this one out before Christmas. 

As an aside, I've enjoyed reading the conversation on here, but "Different Path" and other pursuits have pretty much drained me dry writing-wise. I'll probably make some random late-night post one of these days rambling on about the ending, Chu Qiao's character, and XingYue, but for now, I have to work on finishing this monstrosity of a story. (And plotting the next one, of course.) 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, rampantwolfhound said:

I decided to post early this week because there's no way I'm going to proofread this monstrosity again tomorrow I'm feeling a generous burst of holiday spirit. Here's Chapter 15 on FFN and AO3. It's long, but they're all going to be long from here on out as I try to close this one out before Christmas. 

As an aside, I've enjoyed reading the conversation on here, but "Different Path" and other pursuits have pretty much drained me dry writing-wise. I'll probably make some random late-night post one of these days rambling on about the ending, Chu Qiao's character, and XingYue, but for now, I have to work on finishing this monstrosity of a story. (And plotting the next one, of course.) 

:D now I know what I'm doing later!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rampantwolfhound said:

Don't push yourself too hard. You do seem tired. I'm sure if you took a week or two off, no one will mind too much. Do take care.

Enjoy your thanksgiving weekend. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Don't push yourself too hard. You do seem tired. I'm sure if you took a week or two off, no one will mind too much. Do take care.

Enjoy your thanksgiving weekend. :)

I'm going to have to take a break, anyway; my body's pushed the issue for me. I've come down with a nasty cold, and the weekend is my big writing time, so I probably shouldn't write much with my head this stuffy. (On the other hand, I've written some pretty good stuff while high on medicine, so maybe I'll give it a try anyway--especially if doing so can take my mind off of reality for a bit.) I guess you could say I'm sick in the head, but  everyone already knew that anyway:wink:.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2017 at 1:34 PM, rampantwolfhound said:

I really appreciate those who are writing the fanfics. A big thank for all of you :wub:

your creative minds helped  me to cope with the PA withdrawal syndrome.

I do check everyday as time permits, if there are any new posts on fanfics forum.

• Like 2

I did something Ive never done and not even with NIF... I actually used this forum to help me navigate the episodes of PA... I remember watching NIF and I was confused with alot of the Chinese idioms, syntax, semantics etc.. that left me confused and I kinda had to siphon some of the meanings to mean something else... yeah it was very different for me.  So I got smart(haha I think!) and read some of the recaps of the episodes and like a light bulb goes on....then go back to watching the episodes again.

THIS forum gave me that access to kinda dissect the show front, backwards, up, down, and all around.. haha I mean shoots I learned ALOT of stuff from this forum that I had missed on the show and went back to rewatch it.  At first I thought the grammer was horrendous but I realized that translating isnt easy and lots of meaning for one word or sentence.... My hats off to the ones that do the subbing!

You know the scene that got to me the most-- besides YX's mothers dying... also Chun'er when she ran from her prison to see her mother-- I felt sad for the whole thing.

You know after watching it again who actually stood out to me... was that General Cheng guy... for some odd reason.. His conviction of total destruction of the Wei empire was very convincing... nothing stood in his way.  I felt like HE knew YX better than YX knew himself.  YX's yoyo presence was intolerable.... like he was saying ..."should I, should I not, should I , should I not...." it was rather annoying.  When he was at the border of Chang'an.... I wanted him to go full force, plundering, scourging the land and just putting his reign of terror on the land then finishing off the King..... ONLY then we would have been like.... Ohhh Totally Mr. Darkseid now... hahaha!

This forum was soooo entertaining... believe it or not... I went to the beginning of this forum and did some fast scanning esp for episodes I did not understand.... Thank goodness for my fast internet... it was no hassle...hahaha!  I felt like that kid who was the last to the party after the fun ONLY because I was not aware of the block party...hahaha Im kinda glad I wasnt watching it while it was still subbing.... because I had zero expectations of this show.... I wasnt all that affected too much by it.

Also it seems like China's entertainment industry is quite different..... I didnt think about it until this drama.... I mean 40 billon views?  WOW thats huge...... Was there protest on the streets in front of the company about their rip off?  Is anyone alllowed to sue the companies for "emotional distress...haha ( Im sure lawyers can get creative)..etc!  Also SOME of the people in here... you guys should seriously consider submitting your works because your creative styles were more entertaining-- perhaps someone in the industry can pick it up and have it published.  I live in the US... and I am not too sure if I am thinking too western about these things but seriously--got some really talented writers in here and I always enjoy reading the fanfics.... good job on those!

35 minutes ago, rampantwolfhound said:

I just got back from the doctor and they diagnosed me with the flu plus a sinus infection, so there will definitely not be a chapter this week. This is just as well since y'all really wouldn't want to read anything my addled mind would come up with today. 

Well all the best and hope you get better and thanks for keeping us informed about your writings.... I always enjoy a good book or writing blog!  I wish I knew Chinese so I could check out some good books or buy them.

• LOL 1

Yeah no kidding @cenching  I had a blast reading some of the comments... it was like an emotional roller coaster... one minute al XinYue fans to the core... next couple of threads... all hate Xinger and want to push Yuwen Yue into the lake to teach her a lesson.... hahaha and then after... all lamenting the last part where he is actually lost in the lake and feeling sorry for Xinger..... seriously I was laughing.... it was comical-- Made me wish I couldve thrown a party for everyone because it was just so crazy-weird !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rainmaker5 said:

Yeah no kidding @cenching  I had a blast reading some of the comments... it was like an emotional roller coaster... one minute al XinYue fans to the core... next couple of threads... all hate Xinger and want to push Yuwen Yue into the lake to teach her a lesson.... hahaha and then after... all lamenting the last part where he is actually lost in the lake and feeling sorry for Xinger..... seriously I was laughing.... it was comical-- Made me wish I couldve thrown a party for everyone because it was just so crazy-weird !!

But one thing remains the same from start to finish, 99% of us here were big fans of YWY....:lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

23 hours ago, rampantwolfhound said:

I just got back from the doctor and they diagnosed me with the flu plus a sinus infection, so there will definitely not be a chapter this week. This is just as well since y'all really wouldn't want to read anything my addled mind would come up with today. 

:( take care!  

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2017 at 10:34 PM, cenching said:

But one thing remains the same from start to finish, 99% of us here were big fans of YWY....:lol:

I totally agree with you.  By the way you mentioned something awhile back when I was browsing through the forum about dub voices and I found it interesting and I guess it makes sense because of the different dialects from parts of the country.  Its another new revelation to me because of my almost non exposure to Asian dramas.  

Ive got a question-- so the language they speak in all the dramas is Mandarin?  I know thats the official country language( or not?)  What about Cantonese.... is there any drama with that language spoken or where would it be mostly spoken at?

I wanted to mention something I found like "bland" when I watched the episode... Where YY finally speaks to Xinger after three years and he ask her "Do you remember me"?  When I watched it I was like.... Wow, talk about being so dull.... I was totally wrong.  Once again I let my western perception blind me to the nuances AND the underlying meaning to that simple question.  It was I believe 40somethingahjumma that dissected that very meaning that helped me out and so when I went back to it yeah I caught it and it made more sense and in character too!!  So yes thanks!  Another example how this forum has helped!!

One thing I gotta say about the drama--- lots of stories in the drama you can pick from to begin a fanfic you dont run out of material because of the way they edit it.  Continue to write all you wonderful authors and share your gifts of creativity with us all--- Thank you once again!!

1 hour ago, rainmaker5 said:

Ive got a question-- so the language they speak in all the dramas is Mandarin?  I know thats the official country language( or not?)  What about Cantonese.... is there any drama with that language spoken or where would it be mostly spoken at?

If the dramas are from Mainland China then yes the language spoken is Mandarin. While Cantonese dramas are produce by Hongkong production houses....

Some Chinese do speak with very thick accent bcoz of their native tongue. For example LGX, his Mandarin is bit hard for me to understand bcoz of his TongBei accent and his habits of speaking in rocket speed. While WangKai and HuGe’s Mandarin has a very clear pronunciation the reason why they always dubbed their own dramas.

Cantonese is mainly spoken in HK, Guangzhou, and Macau. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 6:44 PM, cenching said:

If the dramas are from Mainland China then yes the language spoken is Mandarin. While Cantonese dramas are produce by Hongkong production houses....

Some Chinese do speak with very thick accent bcoz of their native tongue. For example LGX, his Mandarin is bit hard for me to understand bcoz of his TongBei accent and his habits of speaking in rocket speed. While WangKai and HuGe’s Mandarin has a very clear pronunciation the reason why they always dubbed their own dramas.

Cantonese is mainly spoken in HK, Guangzhou, and Macau. 

Thank you for this insight.  I went into youtube and had to hear it spoken! 

Well it was fun while it lasted on this thread.  I will be out of the country and will be someplace where the net is slower than a turtles pace...:D!!  I was hearing all the chatter about that drama "tribes and empires " and holy smokes.. 80 episodes?  Gahhh thats just too much... haha I will definitely wait on this one... and perhaps when I get back into the country, in the middle of the year, everything will be done.

Have a wonderful Christmas Holidays Everyone and may the New Years be as bright as the  diamonds in the sky.....until then... Stay Gold!

• Like 1