[Variety 2016] Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village S3 삼시세끼 어촌편 시즌3

On 10/8/2017 at 11:17 AM, calypso73 said:

Do you guys know if this is the last trip? I was just checking because season 1 had 12 episodes but the 12th one was the director's cut ep. Am not ready for the end yet! :huh:

This week's (10/13) is the last trip, episode 11. :mellow: BooHoo!

171013 EP.11: Baking King X the Chef's last meal X universal Intern! 

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, rubie said:

This week's (10/13) is the last trip, episode 11. :mellow: BooHoo!

I was afraid of that! Not ready to say goodbye. I hope we get to see this group together again. I know they spaced out the trips similar to past TMAD installations but this feels so much shorter than others and I'm not sure why. Makes me sad but at least it's comforting to know NaPD and crew are busy and have just kidnapped Winner and are now in Perth for YoF.

@calypso73 @rubie I'm so not ready to see this ends next week.  Though it's nice for the trio to move onto other things as well as NA PD with YOF.  It's no wonder he hasn't been seen on 3MAD for some episode, since Seolhyun's guesting?

Catching up on some news articles of last week lol

171006 ‘Fantastic combo’… 'Three Meals a Day’ Eric, Minwoo and Andy, Shinhwa in variety shows never disappoint

Day’ Eric, Minwoo and Andy, Shinhwa in variety shows never disappoint

image image

Eric,Lee Minwoo, and Andy showed how it should  be done in variety shows.

The two guests Lee Minwoo and Andy prepared breakfast for the ’Three Meals a Day’ brothers who were going grocery shopping. Quickly after they prepared the breakfast, Andy could not resist the temptation to plan a prank. The two guests prepared a surprising event by disguising themselves as staffs and waited for Lee Seojin, Eric and Yoon Kyunsang.

Even after a long time, the three brothers could not find Andy and Lee Minwoo. Eric laughed and shouted “Come out, Junjin!” as he did not expected these two to be there.

Finally, Lee Seojin found Lee Minwoo among the staff members and Eric shouted excitedly “I was right!” as he felt that Shinhwa members came as guests. Then they all finished the breakfast Andy and Lee Minwoo prepared and went fishing.

Eric teamed up with Andy and Lee Minwoo for fishing. He admired the experience and said “I can’t believe three of us are here on this island.” Then Lee Minwoo caught a black porgy and everyone was happy.

Lee Minwoo washed the dishes as Andy prepared the ingredients for dinner. He knew about the garden more than the owners and he started prepping, sitting at the same spot where Eric always sat.

Andy showed off great cutting skills and brought up the tempo. Lee Seojin commented “You are so fast“ at Andy’s cutting speed. He continued with “Things are definitely different when guests who know how to cook come visit. The preparation got done quicker.

Andy said ”I am always organized in general.” He then explained the difference between him and Eric “I tend to quickly measure things with my eyes and shove things in quickly."  Unlike Andy, Lee Minwoo cooked according to Eric’s instructions.

At last, the Sashimi sliced by Eric was on the table. Everyone could not keep their mouth closed at the sight of it. After tasting it, they were amazed saying ”The texture is great“ and ”It gets better as you chew.“

Source: News1
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

tumblr_inline_oxqluy3axh1qcufwd_1280.jpg

171007 We need ‘Shinhwa Broadcast 2’ or ‘Shinhwa Over Flowers’ (ft. Three Meals a Day)

Shinhwa is just so good in variety shows. This is why we desperately need ’Shinhwa Broadcast’ season 2.

In tvN’s ’Three Meals a Day - Seaside Ranch’ on October 6th, Shinhwa’s Lee Minwoo and Andy came on the show as the last guests. Lee Seojin, Eric and Yoon Kyunsang laughed as they were pranked by both of them.

Lee Seojin seemed very satisfied even though they were male guests. It is because both Andy and Lee Minwoo know how to cook and successfully caught black porgies that he wanted to catch so bad. Since Lee Seojin and Yoon Kyunsang knew them through Eric, it was easier and faster for them to get closer to each other.

With their 20-year-old friendship, Shinhwa displays a fantastic chemistry and provides some major entertainment for the viewers. Shinhwa’s variety show, ’Shinhwa Broadcast’ on JTBC, was a huge success back in 2013.

In this episode of ‘Three Meals a Day’, there was no hilarious make-up or missions. However, just the fact that Shinhwa members were there all together made it fun. It was joyful to watch them fish and have drinks together.

Eric was more cheerful with his fellow Shinhwa members around. He screamed when he realized he was pranked and cheered with joy when Lee Minwoo caught a black porgy. He even said that they should call the rest of the members to join them on the island.

Eric, Lee Minwoo and Andy were enjoying their time together on the island. They were grateful and happy that they could enjoy a vacation-like time, fishing, and eating together on Deukryang Island because of 'Three Meals a Day’ since the three of them could never holiday together due to busy schedules.

The viewers were also ecstatic to the three of them together in the same scene. They displayed a better chemistry than any other guest. It made us automatically think of Dongwan, Junjin and Hyesyung who were not there.

Shinhwa is a boy group that shines in variety shows. When Na Youngsuk PD directed ’SHINHWA’s 18th’ on V Live Plus last April, the fans requested ’Shinhwa Over Flowers’ even back then.

The Shinhwa fans still got part of their wish for 'Shinhwa Broadcast’ season 2 from 'Three Meals a Day’ with Shinhwa members.  Although it was not exactly a whole season of 'Shinhwa Over Flowers’.

Source: OSEN

Eric sure is a quiet guy but he sure is considerate and sentimental from little things that he does and says ..

171007 ‘Three Meals a Day’ Shinhwa’s Lee Minwoo caught a black porgy and Eric showed love to his members

Eric showed his love for the Shinhwa members.

The episode of tvN’s ’Three Meals a Day’ aired on October 6th featured a dinner prepared by Eric, Andy and Lee Minwoo.

The menu these three prepared were Sashimi from the black porgies they caught, spicy seafood stew, eggplant dish and marinated grilled pork.

Lee Minwoo was amazed when he had Eric’s spicy seafood stew saying “It tastes like the ones they sell at restaurants.” Lee Seojin praised Eric’s cooking skills saying “It’s better than the ones from restaurants.

Eric showed his love for the Shinhwa members saying “I am so happy we finally eat Sashimi this season, and that first time is with you guys.

When Lee Seojin saw the Shinhwa members cooking the marinated grilled pork, he said “All of you guys have at least basic knowledge of how to cook.”

Source: TopStars News

171008 Na Youngsuk PD: “Shinhwa’s Eric didn’t want to do ‘Three Meals a Day’ at first… I had to try hard to persuade him”

tumblr_inline_oxqs81SjY41qcufwd_500.jpg

Na Youngsuk PD revealed the stories regarding casting.

September 30th, in an interview with Taiwan’s SETN when Na PD visited Taipei to attend Taiwan’s 52nd Golden Bell Awards, he revealed how he cast Cha Seungwon and Eric for ’Three Meals a Day’.

Na PD said “Cha Seungwon did not really hesitate. He was a lot more talkative than I thought he would be when I had a talk with him”. Na PD had relatively an easy time casting him as “Cha Seungwon gladly agreed when I told him he would be a good fit for ‘Three Meals a Day’.”

Eric was very hesitant with appearing on 'Three Meals a Day’. Na said “He told me it’s too much for him but I visited and persuaded him many times.” He also added his casting know-how “I said this many times. 'You can do whatever you want. There won’t be anything you will be forced to do’. I think this really encourages them to think 'I should try’.”

In response to the question if he wanted to take on another genre, Na answered “Not right now but when I get really old I would like to try documentaries. I would like to film anything I want like in documentaries instead of having celebrities on camera.

Na PD attended the 52nd Taiwan Golden Bell Awards at the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall on September 30th. Many Taiwanese celebrities attended as well as actor Janghyuk.

Source: TV Report

All that goodbye bits at the end.... :(:(:(:(

171013 [EP.11 PREVIEW] “Three Meals a Day – Seaside Ranch“ with Lee Seojin, Shinhwa’s Eric, Yoon Kyunsang, Guests: Minwoo, Andy

15 SECONDS PREVIEW:

30 SECONDS PREVIEW:

Thanks for posting these translations especially of the comments.

I tried the translating app for that last article and the app translated that top comment to “Andy is disgusting” :lol::lol:. No I know you’re not disgusting Sun Ho boy ^_^ disgustingly cute maybe.

Excited for tonight’s episode but at the same time :bawling: it’s ending next week already!! Actually tonight right? Because next week is just the season recap. I’m glad Eric gets to have some of his brothers with him in the end.  :bawling: 

Shinhwa is a boy group that shines in variety shows. When Na Youngsuk PD directed ’SHINHWA’s 18th’ on V Live Plus last April

Na PD did?

171011 Three Meals A Day - GoodData Hot Topic Ranking: Shinhwa’s Eric ranked #1, Seojin #5 Minwoo #6, Andy #7, Kyunsang #8 for 1st Week of October

[GoodData] Non-Drama TV Hot Topic Ranking - 1st Week of October (October 2nd - 8th):

• Shinhwa’s Eric is #1
  • Seojin #5
  • Minwoo #6
  • Andy #7
  • Kyunsang #9

(all 5 were from 3 episode 10 of Three Meals A Day)

[GoodData] Non-Drama TV Shows Ranking - 1st Week of October (October 2nd - 8th): Three Meals a Day is #7

GoodData research agency measures the data based on the buzz on social media, video hits on various Korean platforms, netizen comments, blogs, online community activities and reports that mentioned these TV shows.

Source: GoodData (1, 2)
Translation:
EricMun.tumblr

5 hours ago, flybabyfly said:

Thanks for posting these translations especially of the comments.

I tried the translating app for that last article and the app translated that top comment to “Andy is disgusting” :lol::lol:. No I know you’re not disgusting Sun Ho boy ^_^ disgustingly cute maybe.

Excited for tonight’s episode but at the same time :bawling: it’s ending next week already!! Actually tonight right? Because next week is just the season recap. I’m glad Eric gets to have some of his brothers with him in the end.  :bawling: 

Shinhwa is a boy group that shines in variety shows. When Na Youngsuk PD directed ’SHINHWA’s 18th’ on V Live Plus last April

Na PD did?

OTL, which article was that comment from?  May be it's not top comment any more but also, translation app can't be trusted 100%, though they're handy most of the times for the gist of things when you can't get a human translation :D

hahaha yeah, I'm not sure if reporter made mistake or not but I got the same question when I read that part!!  I don't think it's Na PD cuz I don't remember seeing such mention when "Shinhwa 18th" Vlive show was promoted....

171013 ‘Three Meals a Day’ was perfect until the end with Shinhwa’s Eric’s mesmerizing cooking skills

Eric’s cooking made the last episode of ‘Three Meals a Day’ shine.

The episode of tvN’s ’Three Meals a Day - Marine Ranch’ aired on the 13th at 9:50 PM featured Eric making southeastern Asian food.

Eric took Lee Seojin’s suggestion and made Pho, a Vietnamese noodle. He also made Thai-style deep-fried fish with the fish they caught. He proficiently cleaned the black porgy and spotty belly greenling fish and filleting the flesh from the bones.

Eric reduced the amount of coriander for Yoon Kyunsang who did not particularly liked coriander. His plating for both dishes were on point as well.

After tasting the Pho noodle, Yoon Kyunsang said “This is not the taste I remember. It’s so good.” Lee Seojin was also amazed at the taste of Pho. After finishing the dinner, Eric reminded that the ending is near as he said “There are only 2 more meals to cook.”

Eric listed all the dishes they could make in the future and Lee Seojin commented “We safely and successfully finished the show."  Yoon Kyunsang was also sad that everything would come to an end the next day.

The next day, Lee Seojin made dough and baked Pane bread in the brazier. While Eric and Yoon Kyunsang went to the ranch, Lee Seojin put all his time and effort to making delicious bread. Eric and Yoon Kyunsang finished their work at the ranch and said goodbye to the Jackson family before returning to 3 Meals House.

Eric prepared pear noodle on his return. Yoon Kyunsang helped Eric after getting lessons on the recipes. He put noodles in the pear broth then added Bulgogi, and stir-fried cucumber on top. Yoon Kyunsang said ”It looks unique“ at the completed dish. Lee Seojin also said it was a ”unique dish.

Noodle-mania Lee Seojin took his time mixing and repeated ”it’s unique“ with a smile. He kept smiling as he discovered the taste of the pear noodle.

The last menu of 'Three Meals a Day’ was prepared by all of the members Lee Seojin, Eric and Yoon Kyunsang. Yoon Kyunsang made onion soup. Eric completed the Carbonara pasta with the bread that Lee Seojin made.

Source: News1

171014 “From an actress to real-life friends”… The six guests that shined in ‘Three Meals a Day’

Han Jimin, Lee Jehoon, Seolhyun, Lee Jongseok and Shinhwa’s Andy and Minwoo. Props to the 6 guests and the three brothers that made ’Three Meals a Day’ exciting to watch. Good job.

Minwoo and Andy, who came to Deukryangdo as special guests and made history by catching black porgies, went fishing for the last time. Lee Seojin sat at his usual spot and commentated on the progress of the fishing session. Minwoo, Andy and Yoon Kyunsang threw their fishing rods in the ocean hopping for more black porgies. Yoon Kyunsang ended up catching both a black porgy and a spotty belly greenling in a row. He proved his fishing luck there. It was sad but it was time to say goodbye to Minwoo and Andy. Eric had a touching farewell with them.

After Eric’s friends left, the three brothers took care of Jackson family and prepared supper. Eric decided to make Vietnamese noodles for Lee Seojin, an avid lover of noodles. Eric cleaned the fishes they caught to make the Thai-style deep-fried fish in addition to the chicken Vietnamese noodle. Na PD was surprised that Eric wanted to fry the rare and valuable black porgy.

Eric did not disappoint and made an amazing-looking deep-friend fish. After he added a chili sauce, Lee Seojin could not hide his smile of happiness. The next day, the three brothers started their day with pear noodle for breakfast. They later has Carbonara pasta, onion soup for lunch as their last meal.

The episode recorded an average viewer ratings of 9.1%, peaked at 11% and was ranked 1st on the a paid platform. For tvN’s target audience of people in 20’s to 40’s, it recorded an average viewer ratings of 5%, peaked at 6.1% and was ranked 1st. (Nielson Korea, Paid Platform, Nationwide)

This season of ‘Three Meals a Day - Seaside Ranch’ featured a total of six guests including Han Jimin, Lee Jehoon, Seolhyun, Lee Jongseok and Shinhwa’s Andy and Minwoo.  The Director’s cut scenes of these guests will be featured on Friday, October 20th at 9:50pm

Source: Herald, TV Report

171014 ‘Three Meals a Day’ Shinhwa’s Eric’s unique pear noodle… It was a hot topic

The pear noodle from ‘Three Meals a Day’ was a hot topic.

In the episode of tvN’s ’Three Meals a Day - Seaside Ranch’ aired on October 13th featured the Deukryang brothers Lee Seojin, Eric and Yoon Kyunsang making pear noodle.

Eric boiled the noodle and washed it with cold water for pear noodle. He then added broth that made from grounded pears. Bulgogi was added and topped with stir-fried cucumber to complete the pear noodle. The viewers were impressed.

After Lee Seojin tasted pear noodle for the first time, he was amazed and said “The taste is unique and sweet“. Yoon Kyunsang also complimented it by saying “I’ve never tried this before but it’s good.” On various portal sites, ’pear noodle’ was a hot search word.

For lunch, the three brothers made Carbonara pasta, and onion soup. Accompanied with Lee Seojin’s Pane bread, Eric’s pasta and Yoon Kyunsang’s onion soup looked abundant that made their last lunch special.

Source: The Star Chosun

171014 “Unfinished meal”… ‘Three Meals a Day’ finale, the possibility of season 3

The season 2 of ’Three Meals a Day’ with Lee Seojin, Eric and Yoon Kyunsang came to an end. The three brothers parted ways in a cool manner but open the door wide for the possibilities of a new season.

The finale of tvN’s variety show ’Three Meals a Day - Seaside Ranch’ aired on October 13th. In this episode, Eric, Lee Seojin, and Yoon Kyunsang went fishing for the last time and said goodbye to their guests Andy and Minwoo. They returned home after and prepared the last supper. Chef Eric decided to make Pho (Vietnamese rice noodle) that Lee Seojin wanted so bad.

Eric shows cinnamon and star anise to Lee Seojin and Yoon Kyunsang. Lee Seojin smiled with excitement and said “It smells good. I really love this.” Yoon Kyunsang said “It smells like cumin that you dip the meat in at a lamb Slovakia restaurant.” after smelling it. Eric added more taste and aroma to the broth by grilling onions and coriander seed.

The three brothers finally tasted the completed Pho. Lee Seojin exclaimed “The soup tastes amazing.” and “The fish sauce tastes really good too.”. Yoon Kyunsang said “I did not like coriander before but this noodle tastes different.” and he even finished the leftover noodle from Lee Seojin.

After finishing the noodle, the three brothers reflected upon the time they spent on Deukryang Island. Eric said “I didn’t think there would be more menus to make but there are still a lot of dish I haven’t made yet.” and it left viewers wonder for the next season. Lee Seojin also commented “We surprisingly cooked a different dish every time.

Next day, Eric and Yoon Kyunsang visited the ranch in the morning. After their arrival, Eric said “I guess this will be the last time I will see you guys.” Yoon Kyunsang said “Ruby and Eddie, you guys did a good job.” and he pet them. The two of them spent a long time with the goats before came back home.

Then the three brothers prepared their last meal together. They made an amazing pear noodle for breakfast. The pear noodle with Bulgogi on top looked very unique.

For lunch, they made a pane bread to go with Eric’s creamy Carbonara pasta. On top of that, Yoon Kyunsang made a caramelized onion soup . After the meal, the three brothers headed back to Seoul with a full tummy.

The brothers ended their journey together with a selfie on a boat but they were not sad. They said there’re new dishes to make and left the viewers for a new season. It would be nice to see the Deukryang brothers again for another season.

Source: Sports Seoul

Translator's note: Three Meals A Day may comeback next year but it’s very unlikely they will have the same cast for 3 consecutive seasons. 

====================================

I agree that it's unlikely we'll see them again for the next season if 3 Meals still continues.  I've seen comments that said 3 Meals has become Eric's cooking show... well, 3 Meals IS a cooking show!  :) While Eric (being the chef) obviously did most of the cooking, this season the focus is less on Eric's cooking compare to the previous season.  We have Seojin emerging as baker king and other cooking from some of the guests.  Cooking on 3MAD isn't the same as other TV cooking shows with pro-chefs in a fully equipped kitchen.  Cooking on 3MAD is a little trickier since you can't always control the fire as easy as turning the knob on a kitchen stove or controlling the brazier's temperature as easy as setting the temperature on your oven... and they cooked under elements... 

That said, how I wish the production had other activities / missions for them.  Not sure if it's because it's not in season yet but I do miss the net fishing on the boat, the mudflat... it's so nice to see what they can catch aside from the normal fishing.  I'm also surprised how Na PD went easy on this season and let them buy/get anything they want instead of making their meals with only what they can catch/get on the island.  The kitchen is also more equipped this time with all the tools they need.  Is it because Na PD felt sorry for them after to going back to super basic in the last season?! :lol:

Archived