[Variety 2016] Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village S3 삼시세끼 어촌편 시즌3

31 minutes ago, Phi said:

New teaser!  And we have a gal for our first guest!

I thought it's Jung Yumi when I hear her squeal/laugh with Eric at the ranch but doesn't sound like Yumi near the end of the clip.

Lot of knetz are guessing it's Han Ji Min!  That's awesome, she worked with both Eric & Seojinnie before.  I can't wait to see their interaction :)

I agree, it sounds a lot like Han Ji Min! Happy to see Mongie too but where is Koongie? And is that really Jackson?

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, calypso73 said:

I agree, it sounds a lot like Han Ji Min! Happy to see Mongie too but where is Koongie? And is that really Jackson?

I think both cats are back this season. May be Koongie wasn't around or was shy or our guest? :)

From the tease, it is Jasaon and his grand kids!

They're so cute!

Can't wait for next week

tumblr_otg8kkW1F61rvbzggo1_r1_540.gif

tumblr_otg8kkW1F61rvbzggo2_r1_540.gif

cr: msmemaaa

1 minute ago, Phi said:

I think both cats are back this season. May be Koongie wasn't around or was shy or our guest? :)

From the tease, it is Jasaon and his grand kids!

They're so cute!

Can't wait for next week

cr: msmemaaa

Yay! Saw his name tag and it says Jackson!

July 31, 2017

Actress Han Ji-min reuniting with actor Lee Seo-jin and Eric Moon

Source: HanCinema.net

photo873168.jpg

Anyone suffering from the Monday Blues today? Well, I'm certainly one of those people who dreaded going into work this morning. However, the news I read on the internet today cheered me up a bit and look forward to this weekend!

photo873172.jpg

One of my favorite variety show, "Three Meals a Day" is coming back with season 4! Which means, I get to heal my exhausted heart as I watch the beautiful scenery of South Korea's country side and the handsome actors, Lee Seo-jin, Eric Moon and Yoon Kyun-sang.

photo873167.jpg

The best part of this glad news is that actress Han Ji-min will be featured as the very first guest of this show! It's been quite a while since actress Han Ji-min appeared on any variety show, and having her be on the same show as Lee Seo-jin and Eric Moon is going to be so interesting!

photo873166.jpg

photo873173.jpg

In the past, actress Han Ji-min worked with actor Lee Seo-jin in the drama, "Yi San" and with actor Eric Moon in the drama, "KSA".

photo873169.jpg

In the drama, actor Lee Seo-jin and actress Han Ji-min created such fond romance, yet in this upcoming show, they will be like Tom and Jerry! This will be another interesting chemistry.

photo873170.jpg

This news was enough to make me happy, yet actress Han Ji-min blesses us with more sights of her! 1 hour after "Three Meals a Day" is aired on tvN station, she will be featured in another variety show, "I Live Alone" on MBC station.

On this show, actress Han Ji-min will reveal her single life – from her house to her daily life schedule.

photo873171.jpg

We will be waiting anxiously for this Friday, Han Ji-min!

By. Lily Lee

hahahaha I wouldn't say they don't have talent for fishing but it's much with luck XD I hope they still do the net fishing as it was fun and interesting to see.  The sunset in the ocean were so beautiful.

Buffered Ric speed up.  I will miss the slow-mo effect they did on him last season hahaha  Nice knowing he's happy & more chatty after getting married.

170802 PD Na Young Suk Reveals Why He Chose A Seaside Farm For New Season Of “Three Meals A Day”
tumblr_inline_ou20425sgP1qcufwd_540.jpg

PD Na Young Suk finally revealed why he decided to have the cast of “Three Meals a Day” take care of a seaside farm in the new season.

During the show’s press conference on August 2, the PD said, “Like the title of our show indicates, we’ve created a seaside farm. We were thinking about where we should film the new season, and we came to the conclusion that there’s nowhere better than Deukryangdo. We chose to return to the island to show viewers what it looks like in the summer, and we decided to bring Jackson [the goat] to shake things up a bit.

Na Young Suk added, “The season will follow the cast as they take care of Jackson’s family. That will be the thing to look for in this new season.

When asked why he decided to open up a farm, the PD explained, “When we were wrapping up filming for the last season, we all said we should return in the summer. Because we’re on an island, we should have the cast fishing for food, but we learned last season that the trio has no talents whatsoever when it comes to fishing. That’s why we tried to look for something new and came to the decision to bring Jackson along for a unique experience.

Talking about how things have changed in the new season, Na Young Suk also brought up how Eric has changed since becoming a married man. He explained, Eric’s personality has become a lot brighter since getting married. He’s usually quite introverted, but he’s become brighter and more talkative.” The PD also emphasized, “His cooking has gotten a lot faster too. He’s shortened his cooking time by about an hour, and he’s really improved.

The seaside farm edition of “Three Meals a Day” will follow Lee Seo Jin, Eric, and Yoon Kyun Sang as they head of to Deukryangdo again. The first episode will air on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Source (
1) (2) + Soompi

EP.1 Preview

August 2, 2017

'Three Meals' returns to put celebrity cooking resources to test

By Chang Dong-woo

SEOUL, Aug. 2 (Yonhap) -- Star producer Na Yeong-seok and his popular reality TV series "Three Meals A Day" is returning to put celebrities' impromptu culinary chops to the test again, according to showrunners Wednesday.

"Three Meals A Day: Sea Ranch," the show's seventh season, will drop actor Lee Seo-jin together with Eric Mun of Shinwha and actor Yoo Kyun-sang, members of the previous season, at the country's southeastern Deukryang Island.

In the series, which first started in 2014, celebrities placed in rural farmland or fishing villages are tasked with cooking food by sourcing ingredients and using the rudimentary tools put at their disposal.

Participants often have to grow their own vegetables or fish for sustenance. Since it first aired in 2014, the tvN show has often picked up over 10 percent viewership ratings, a remarkable feat for a cable TV network.

This photo, provided by tvN, shows Na Yeong-seok, producer of reality TV Show "Three Meals A Day: Sea Ranch," speaking to reporters at a press conference on Aug. 2, 2017, at the Standfor Hotel in western Seoul.

This photo, provided by tvN, shows Na Yeong-seok, producer of reality TV Show "Three Meals A Day: Sea Ranch," speaking to reporters at a press conference on Aug. 2, 2017, at the Standfor Hotel in western Seoul.

This season's kicker is the amalgamation of sea and land environments: showrunners have created a ranch on the show on an island and brought back Jackson, a mountain goat that first appeared in the original season, along with three generations of her family. The show focuses on the cast taking care of Jackson and her family to produce goat milk.

"We've talked about returning to this island since it was so beautiful. We came, and the show probably should have been about fishing, but upon learning that the cast lacks talent in fishing, we swiveled to livestock," Na said at a press conference at the Stanford Hotel in western Seoul.

"Jackson and family gladly decided to appear on the show," chuckled Na.

While past seasons, especially the ones with actors Cha Seung-won and Yoo Hae-jin, focused heavily on stars toiling through hard work, such as fishing or cooking for hours under grueling weather, showrunners said they are taking a more laid-back approach this time. As is tradition, the show will have special appearances by other celebrities. Actress Han Ji-min will be the inaugural guest this season.

"These people (the regular cast) love receiving guests. They savor the arrival of someone new and also hanging out with them," said Na, adding that the show this time will be more oriented towards showing good friends coming along and hanging around enjoying the summer.

While the show so far has held its ground in terms of ratings, observers have voiced concerns over viewer fatigue. Na said he and his colleagues are listening to various opinions, including the more negative ones, regarding the show.

"We are producing the series constantly wondering whether viewers would feel bored by the continuous seasons. But we also believe the aspect of the show that people like shouldn't change, such as the show's signature tone and the simplicity," explained Na.

A promotional image for tvN's "Three Meals A Day: Sea Ranch" (Yonhap)

A promotional image for tvN's "Three Meals A Day: Sea Ranch" (Yonhap)

odissy@yna.co.kr

August 3, 2017

“Three Meals A Day” Combines Land And Sea Adventures For The Seventh Season

By Abby Addao | HelloKpop

DFlRH1kV0AQr_0n.jpg?zoom=1.5625&resize=660%2C435

WELL-LOVED REALITY SHOW “THREE MEALS A DAY” RETURNS FOR ANOTHER COUNTRY LIFE AND FOOD FESTIVAL ON ITS LUCKY SEVEN RUN.

Three Meals A Day Sea Ranch

The 7th installment carries the title – Three Meals A Day: Sea Ranch, and will stick on the basic premise of throwing celebrities in rural areas where they have to cook three meals by farming and fishing the ingredients for their dishes.

For the newest season, genius reality show producer Na Yung-suk combines sea and land surroundings for returning members Lee Seo Jin (Marriage Contract), Shinhwa’s Eric Moon (Oh Hae Young Again) and Yoon Kyun Sang (Rebel).

The production team staged a ranch on an island, where members were tasked to showcase their decent livestock raising skills. The show is famous for casting quirky animals, which adds a lively ingredient to the laid-back appeal.

Jackson – the mountain goat, together with her family, are summoned to return for the upcoming season.

Three Meals a Day

Deviating from the usual reality show trends, Three Meals A Day has achieved impressive ratings with its simplistic approach and unscripted humor. The trio actors, reprising their roles, represent three generations of actors. Hence, the cast interactions are appealing to watch.

Known for surprise appearances of other celebrities, actress Han Ji Min will grace the program, and we can’t help but be curious if the countryside suits her.  She previously worked with Lee Seo Jin in period drama Yi San, and has been one of the busiest actress, both in small and big screens.

Three Meals A Day
yonhap

We look forward to Eric Moon’s cooking prowess display while feeding chirpy eater  Yoon Kyun Sang, who is the resident errand boy to his actor-hyungs.   As always, Lee Seo Jin and PD Na’s interesting friendship and bickering are expected to light up the improvised skits, which will make up the lively frames of the variety show.

Three Meals A Day – Sea Ranch is slated to premiere this fall on TVN.

170803 Compilation of Three Meals A Day Press Conference (Lee Seojin, Shinhwa’s Eric, Yoon Kyunsang)

Three Meals a Day’ is coming back with ‘Marine Ranch’ edition. A fishing boat has been tuned into a recreational boat, and the goat ‘Jackson’ and guests are newly making appearances. The cast and the place of the show, Deukryangdo are the same from the last season but there are many interesting changes ahead.

On August 2nd, a press conference for tvN’s new variety program ‘Three Meals a Day – Marine Ranch’ was held at the Grand Ball Room of Stanford Hotel in Mapo-Goo Sangam-Dong, Seoul. Production directors Na Youngsuk, Lee Jinjoo, and writer Kim Daejoo were at the press conference.

‘Three Meals a Day’ is a TV show where the cast use whatever food they find in unfamiliar and secluded farming and fishing villages rather than in the cities where you can easily find something to eat for a meal. The show had ‘Jeongson’ edition twice, ‘Gochang’ edition once, and ‘Fishing Village’ edition three times and it is loved by many.

In this year’s ‘Three Meals a Day – Marine Ranch’, Lee Seojin, Eric and Yoon Kyunsang from ‘Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village 3’ are back together on the island of Deukryangdo. In the last season, Lee Seojin obtained a ‘fishing boat license’ and become ‘the Captain’. Eric displayed his great cooking skills as ‘Chef Eric’. Yoon Kyunsang was loved for the display of his big appetite. Everyone is excited to see what they all have in store working at a ranch this season.

The production team revealed why they chose to go back to Deukryang-do. Lee Jinjoo said she was thinking about where to go for the show and concluded that there was no place like Deukryangdo. She said “I thought we could show summer images by choosing Deukryang-do, and I was looking for new things for the show and ended up casting ‘Jackson’. We are going to feature the cast running a ranch and taking care of the Jackson goat’s family.

Na Youngsuk PD also explained why this season is a “Marine Ranch” edition instead of “Fishing Village” edition, “Deukryangdo is an island so it makes more sense to go with Fishing Village edition but I learnt from the last season that the cast is not very talented at fishing so I thought we could do ranch instead of fishing on the island. With Jackson and his family happily agreed to be on the show. This let us make a unique show featuring a ranch on an island. Jackson is not just a regular goat but a mountain goat. He is able to produce high quality goat milk. When we offered the town folks the goat milk, they gave us compensations. We bought things we needed with that money.

As the theme of this season is “Marine Ranch”, the ‘Seo Jini boat’ faced a big change. It was tuned into leisure rather than fishing. Na Youn suk said “We made over the ‘Seo Jini boat’. I gave up on the cast’s fishing so I installed parasols, comfortable chairs and ladders to jump into the ocean. I didn’t do it with much purpose but the cast was in love with it. Lee Seojin, Eric and even Han Jimin were so reluctant to come back once they rode out with the boat. I think chilling and fishing in the middle of the ocean might be what makes this season different from the others.”

How was filming with Han Jimin? Na Youngsuk said “It was great. I even asked myself why I didn’t cast her before.” He also said “Han Jimin and Lee Seojin did Yi San drama a long time ago. She also did two dramas (Wolf, and Korea Secret Agency) with Eric. She became close to Lee Seojin and Eric through the dramas that they worked together. It is not easy to be close to two celebrities at the same time in the entertainment field, especially for an actress. So Han Jimin must be an angel. The atmosphere during filming was fantastic because of that.” He added with “She was so comfortable with us. She spent three fun days with Lee Seojin and Eric without much formality. They dissed each other, took care of each other, joked and had fun with each other.

Na Youngsuk hinted that there will be active guest appearances in this year’s “Marine Ranch” season, “I am planning to have a guest every time we film. Lee Seojin likes it when there is guest. He gets bored when he keeps still. He has fun and goes everywhere when there is someone around. What sets this season apart from the previous seasons is that you will see people having talks like friends, playing in water, cooking together. It will make the show feel like an MT (retreat).” He also added “In the near future, I would like to have Kim Nam Gil for a male guest and Park Narae for a female guest on the show.”

When asked if Eric’s wife Na Hyemi is going to make an appearance on the show, Na PD seemed rather caught off guard by the question. He replied, “Well. I haven’t thought about it so I don’t know.

Writer Kim Daejoo said “You guys can expect the positive Lee Seojin that you saw in ‘Yoon’s restaurant. Yoon Kyunsang has a lot more to do than before. It’s important to note that he started learning how to cook. His food is still terrible (laugh) but he started taking interests in cooking.” Writer Kim added “Eric has got faster with his cooking but we want to let him focus when he is cooking and deliver the best food. He has even more varieties now, getting faster, and making food that is very different from the food he used to make before. He was making unique food before but now his food feels more familiar and he improved in that regard”.

One of the things to watch in this season is the newlywed Eric and his cooking skills. When asked if Eric has got faster with his cooking Na PD said “He got faster. It took about 4 hours instead of 5”.  Then he added “After the marriage, the most different thing about him is that he became really cheerful. He was a quiet guy who didn’t talk much but now he talks a lot.

Na Youngsuk also mentioned about Lee Seojin and his habit of saying “This show is going to fail”. In fact, the show is a simple reality variety show that features a group of celebrities making meals for themselves but this variety show of Na Youngsuk’s has been getting consistent love from the viewers. Na Youngsuk revealed his serious resolution for the show “Whether it fails or not, it has nothing to do with Lee Seojin’s mindset. We follow the viewers’ choice, and I am making the show with a mindset that I will step down if it fails”. He also joked “I don’t think people decide if the show is a fail with viewer ratings these days. I think Lee Seojin will step down himself from the show if the viewer ratings don’t go over 10%”.

He mentioned he is growing more concerned as the show continues with more seasons. Na Youngsuk said “I’ve done many seasons of this so I am making the show while keeping in mind whether I am repeating the same content and whether the viewers will find it boring. I try to keep the show’s unique culture and its simplicity because I think simplicity should not change. The viewers can have their TV on while doing something else. I just hope the viewers can enjoy the simple life vicariously through the TV screens.”

When asked about Lee Seojin’s regular appearances, Na PD said “’Fishing Village’ edition had that vibe of survival with Cha Seungwon and Yoo Haejin who fished and gather things for their meals. I realized last year that people have different approaches towards their environment when I spent time with Lee Seojin, Eric and Yoon Kyunsang on Deukryangdo.”

He continued “Lee Seojin, Eric, and Yoon Kyunsang were enjoying softly in a rather easier environment. It is different from the time with Cha Seungwon and Haejin who always wanted something desperately but I think the viewers are comparing with their standards set to the ‘Fishing Village’ edition. I wanted to cast Seungwon and Haejin as well but they were both too busy.

The factors like vicarious enjoyment is one of the reasons why ‘Three Meals a Day’ is seeing so much move even after numerous seasons of the show. But curiosity to see the changes in characters in the variety show that have been there throughout the years is also an important reason. Na Youngsuk said “Lee Seojin is learning more about the life in the country, making food and sharing and so on after seasons of ‘Three Meals a Day. When I see him during filming, he is definitely enjoying more than before.”

The first episode of the Marine Ranch edition of “Three Meals a Day” will be on air on August 4 at 9:40PM KST.

Source: Newsen, News1, Joynews, Star MT, Star MK,
Translation:
EricMun.tumblr

August 5, 2017

“Three Meals A Day” Kicks Off New Season With Impressive Ratings And Confirms Lee Je Hoon As Next Guest

Source: Soompi by J. Lim  

Three-Meals-a-Day-Han-Ji-Min-Lee-Je-Hoon.jpg

“Three Meals a Day” has returned and has already captivated viewers with its first episode.

The show premiered on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST and scored an average viewership rating of 10.6 percent. The episode peaked at 13.3 percent in real-time ratings, making the show the most-watched show of its time slot including the big 3 channels (KBS, SBS, MBC).

“Three Meals a Day” also had average ratings of 6.4 percent and peaked at 8 percent for its target audience of people in their twenties to forties, making it the most-watched program in that age bracket as well.

Three-Meals-a-Day-Han-Ji-Min.jpg

The first episode followed Eric, Lee Seo Jin, and Yoon Kyun Sang as they returned to Deukryangdo. Not only did they enjoy upgrades to their living quarters, including a fridge to store food during the summer, but they were also greeted by a familiar face as Jackson the goat returned with her family. The trio was informed that they would be running a seaside farm this season, and would be expressing their gratitude to the local residents for allowing them to film on the island by sharing the goat milk they will produce on the farm.

Actress Han Ji Min also appeared as the season’s first guest. Not only did she keep the conversation lively while everyone prepared their next meal, she even got Lee Seo Jin up and cooking, something that he admitted to rarely doing. Already close friends with Lee Seo Jin and Eric, viewers will be interested in seeing how she bonds with the youngest member Yoon Kyun Sang and his cats.

Three-Meals-a-Day-Han-Ji-Min-2.jpg

It has also been confirmed that the next guest will be actor Lee Je Hoon. His agency stated, “It’s true that Lee Je Hoon will be appearing on ‘Three Meals a Day’ as a guest. He finished filming his portion of the show in late July.” Viewers will watch as the dynamics shift between the trio as new guests continue to appear on the show and share the experience of living on Deukryangdo.

“Three Meals a Day” airs every Friday at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Source (1) (2)

Enjoyed the first episode so much! To this day NaPD makes Daeju do the hard work. I cracked up when he was pulling Jackson into the front yard. He's also the animal/farm expert, teaching Kyunsang how to milk the cows, and before, teaching Taecyon how to smoke the bees and even drive the tractor. Happy about the goat family and I love the idea of sharing Jackson's milk to the townsfolk. So satisfied with this new season!

On 2017-08-06 at 1:08 PM, calypso73 said:

Enjoyed the first episode so much! To this day NaPD makes Daeju do the hard work. I cracked up when he was pulling Jackson into the front yard. He's also the animal/farm expert, teaching Kyunsang how to milk the cows, and before, teaching Taecyon how to smoke the bees and even drive the tractor. Happy about the goat family and I love the idea of sharing Jackson's milk to the townsfolk. So satisfied with this new season!

I love giving the goat milk to the village elders.  In the video, not much but the seniors gave them some money for the milk.  I wonder what they will buy with the money collected from the milk.

I'm surprised the trio were NOT surprised seeing they got a fridge and a hand blender/chopper this time lol!  I was screaming when I saw the sight of those luxury in the teaser hahaha  Damn they go make smoothie now.  It's great seeing it's not so bare like the previous season. :)   I'm happy with the premiere.  They made a good choice with 1st guest!  :)

New character's posters

DGvnSX7XcAApwcb.jpg

DGvnRB-W0AAx2z9.jpg

DGvnTRWXsAYDrC0.jpg

A little late in posting this but it gives some good production insights, so here it is :)

170803 Compilation of Three Meals A Day Press Conference

Three Meals a Day’ is coming back with ‘Marine Ranch’ edition. A fishing boat has been tuned into a recreational boat, and the goat ‘Jackson’ and guests are newly making appearances. The cast and the place of the show, Deukryangdo are the same from the last season but there are many interesting changes ahead.

On August 2nd, a press conference for tvN’s new variety program ‘Three Meals a Day – Marine Ranch’ was held at the Grand Ball Room of Stanford Hotel in Mapo-Goo Sangam-Dong, Seoul. Production directors Na Youngsuk, Lee Jinjoo, and writer Kim Daejoo were at the press conference.

‘Three Meals a Day’ is a TV show where the cast use whatever food they find in unfamiliar and secluded farming and fishing villages rather than in the cities where you can easily find something to eat for a meal. The show had ‘Jeongson’ edition twice, ‘Gochang’ edition once, and ‘Fishing Village’ edition three times and it is loved by many.

In this year’s ‘Three Meals a Day – Marine Ranch’, Lee Seojin, Eric and Yoon Kyunsang from ‘Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village 3’ are back together on the island of Deukryangdo. In the last season, Lee Seojin obtained a ‘fishing boat license’ and become ‘the Captain’. Eric displayed his great cooking skills as ‘Chef Eric’. Yoon Kyunsang was loved for the display of his big appetite. Everyone is excited to see what they all have in store working at a ranch this season.

The production team revealed why they chose to go back to Deukryang-do. Lee Jinjoo said she was thinking about where to go for the show and concluded that there was no place like Deukryangdo. She said “I thought we could show summer images by choosing Deukryang-do, and I was looking for new things for the show and ended up casting ‘Jackson’. We are going to feature the cast running a ranch and taking care of the Jackson goat’s family.

Na Youngsuk PD also explained why this season is a “Marine Ranch” edition instead of “Fishing Village” edition, “Deukryangdo is an island so it makes more sense to go with Fishing Village edition but I learnt from the last season that the cast is not very talented at fishing so I thought we could do ranch instead of fishing on the island. With Jackson and his family happily agreed to be on the show. This let us make a unique show featuring a ranch on an island. Jackson is not just a regular goat but a mountain goat. He is able to produce high quality goat milk. When we offered the town folks the goat milk, they gave us compensations. We bought things we needed with that money.

As the theme of this season is “Marine Ranch”, the ‘Seo Jini boat’ faced a big change. It was tuned into leisure rather than fishing. Na Youn suk said “We made over the ‘Seo Jini boat’. I gave up on the cast’s fishing so I installed parasols, comfortable chairs and ladders to jump into the ocean. I didn’t do it with much purpose but the cast was in love with it. Lee Seojin, Eric and even Han Jimin were so reluctant to come back once they rode out with the boat. I think chilling and fishing in the middle of the ocean might be what makes this season different from the others.

How was filming with Han Jimin? Na Youngsuk said “It was great. I even asked myself why I didn’t cast her before.” He also said “Han Jimin and Lee Seojin did Yi San drama a long time ago. She also did two dramas (Wolf, and Korea Secret Agency) with Eric. She became close to Lee Seojin and Eric through the dramas that they worked together. It is not easy to be close to two celebrities at the same time in the entertainment field, especially for an actress. So Han Jimin must be an angel. The atmosphere during filming was fantastic because of that.” He added with “She was so comfortable with us. She spent three fun days with Lee Seojin and Eric without much formality. They dissed each other, took care of each other, joked and had fun with each other.

Na Youngsuk hinted that there will be active guest appearances in this year’s “Marine Ranch” season, “I am planning to have a guest every time we film. Lee Seojin likes it when there is guest. He gets bored when he keeps still. He has fun and goes everywhere when there is someone around. What sets this season apart from the previous seasons is that you will see people having talks like friends, playing in water, cooking together. It will make the show feel like an MT (retreat).” He also added “In the near future, I would like to have Kim Nam Gil for a male guest and Park Narae for a female guest on the show.

When asked if Eric’s wife Na Hyemi is going to make an appearance on the show, Na PD seemed rather caught off guard by the question. He replied, “Well. I haven’t thought about it so I don’t know.

Writer Kim Daejoo said “You guys can expect the positive Lee Seojin that you saw in ‘Yoon’s restaurant. Yoon Kyunsang has a lot more to do than before. It’s important to note that he started learning how to cook. His food is still terrible (laugh) but he started taking interests in cooking.” Writer Kim added “Eric has got faster with his cooking but we want to let him focus when he is cooking and deliver the best food. He has even more varieties now, getting faster, and making food that is very different from the food he used to make before. He was making unique food before but now his food feels more familiar and he improved in that regard.

One of the things to watch in this season is the newlywed Eric and his cooking skills. When asked if Eric has got faster with his cooking Na PD said “He got faster. It took about 4 hours instead of 5”.  Then he added “After the marriage, the most different thing about him is that he became really cheerful. He was a quiet guy who didn’t talk much but now he talks a lot.

Na Youngsuk also mentioned about Lee Seojin and his habit of saying “This show is going to fail”. In fact, the show is a simple reality variety show that features a group of celebrities making meals for themselves but this variety show of Na Youngsuk’s has been getting consistent love from the viewers. Na Youngsuk revealed his serious resolution for the show “Whether it fails or not, it has nothing to do with Lee Seojin’s mindset. We follow the viewers’ choice, and I am making the show with a mindset that I will step down if it fails.” He also joked “I don’t think people decide if the show is a fail with viewer ratings these days. I think Lee Seojin will step down himself from the show if the viewer ratings don’t go over 10%.

He mentioned he is growing more concerned as the show continues with more seasons. Na Youngsuk said “I’ve done many seasons of this so I am making the show while keeping in mind whether I am repeating the same content and whether the viewers will find it boring. I try to keep the show’s unique culture and its simplicity because I think simplicity should not change. The viewers can have their TV on while doing something else. I just hope the viewers can enjoy the simple life vicariously through the TV screens.

When asked about Lee Seojin’s regular appearances, Na PD said “’Fishing Village’ edition had that vibe of survival with Cha Seungwon and Yoo Haejin who fished and gather things for their meals. I realized last year that people have different approaches towards their environment when I spent time with Lee Seojin, Eric and Yoon Kyunsang on Deukryangdo.

He continued “Lee Seojin, Eric, and Yoon Kyunsang were enjoying softly in a rather easier environment. It is different from the time with Cha Seungwon and Haejin who always wanted something desperately but I think the viewers are comparing with their standards set to the ‘Fishing Village’ edition. I wanted to cast Seungwon and Haejin as well but they were both too busy.

The factors like vicarious enjoyment is one of the reasons why ‘Three Meals a Day’ is seeing so much move even after numerous seasons of the show. But curiosity to see the changes in characters in the variety show that have been there throughout the years is also an important reason. Na Youngsuk said “Lee Seojin is learning more about the life in the country, making food and sharing and so on after seasons of ‘Three Meals a Day. When I see him during filming, he is definitely enjoying more than before.

The first episode of the Marine Ranch edition of “Three Meals a Day” will be on air on August 4 at 9:40PM KST.

Source: Newsen, News1, Joynews, Star MT, Star MK,
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

Thanks @Phi for the 3MAD articles sharing the insights for the latest show from PD Na. Like @calypso73, we totally agree that the goat milk giveaway is one awesome idea that the show has came up with. It gives the boys something worthwhile to work on during their paid-summer-vacation and we get to see Jackson's family too. Luckily, there were 2 guests (for Seojinnie's sake :lol:) in the first episode. If it's only Jackson, although I'm sure he's actually happy to see her, he'll probably nag PD Na till no end if HJM didn't appear. LOL.. what a great season-opener indeed.

Not sure if the fridge is a PPL but likely because it's summer, they really need to have one at the house or the foodstuff might go bad quickly. Fairly-speaking. the Gochang version was also done during summer and they had a fridge provided as well. However the hand-blender could likely be a sponsored item since Seojinnie is the brand endorser (can't keep up with the never-ending household products that he got to endorse since GOF :tongue:) but no complain here. user posted image We want to see them enjoying their smoothies, right.

Can't express enough gratitude to the fishingsubteam,  really appreciate their hard work and dedicated effort. The fans of 3MAD Fishing Village ~ Sea Ranch are truly lucky!

Spoiler

June 29, 2017

Lee Seo-jin with Braun products

Lee Seo-jin with Braun products

Actor Lee Seo-jin attends an event in Seoul on June 29, 2017, to promote products of German consumer electronics company Braun AG. (Yonhap) (END)

Photo: BH Entertainment @bhent_official #SeojinnieSniper

Archived