[Variety 2016] Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village S3 삼시세끼 어촌편 시즌3

December 3, 2016

Lee Seo Jin Jokes About His And Shinhwa Member Eric’s First Meeting

Source: Soompi  by A. Aspera

lee seo jin

On the December 3 broadcast of KBS2’s “Entertainment Weekly,” actor Lee Seo Jin talked about some of the people he has befriended through his projects.

While bringing up the actor’s colleagues Lee Soon Jae, Jo Jae Hyun, Na Young Suk, Shinhwa’s Eric, and Kim Kwang Gyu, the host exclaimed, “Eric said that everyone who meets Lee Seo Jin becomes timid.”

lee seo jin eric

When asked if Eric becomes modest in front of him as well, Lee Seo Jin shared, “Yes, Eric is an incredibly kind guy. He always has been.”

They cracked up when Lee Seo Jin joked that his friend was so timid that “when we first met on the set of the 2004 MBC drama ‘Phoenix,’ he bowed while on his knees to greet me.” The actor later explained that he happened to arrived while Eric was sitting on his knees.

Additionally, Lee Seo Jin selected Lee Soon Jae as the colleague he still wants to be close to in the next life. Showing deep respect for the actor, he said, “I’d like to be reborn as Lee Soon Jae’s son.”

Looks like Eric definitely gave Lee Seo Jin a strong first impression!

Source (1)

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @aprodithe, sorry for bumping in with your conversation with @Phi.

'(where's jj lately btw? I'm so sad that he's always last in the popularity and income since their comeback in 2012. And yayyyy  I'm sure Eric is back to first now after aohy and tmad)"

JJ is doing fine actually. He had pretty successful comeback compare all Shinhwa members that comeback as singer.  And successful concerts too. It just he didn't do promotion as often as other members. About Shinhwa members income, we never ever know how much they get. It just speculation from media about popularity, income, etc. Who knows they invest in something that make them doesn't need back in hurry in the bizz industry. See all A-list celebs rarely back on the screen because once they comeback, they can get lots of money and save it for the rest of their life...lol...We see many examples of them like Won Bin, Song Hye Kyo, Kim So Hyun, etc. In my PoV, Eric and Minwoo are two members that very business-minded. It just people thought if not appear on the screen means less money...kkkkk... Actually, I become more worry if  if they're working hard like anything without screening the project (because it means they need more money lol).

Talking about Three Meals, I do hope they'll back to another season (if possible for three of them). If not with this three members, I prefer not to. I just can't imagine Eric without Kyun Sang and his fatty boys. I love this duo a lot. It was so sweet when Kyun Sang said he feels pride whenever someone gives praises to Eric's cooking. And their chemistry with the cats also very cute. Kong is just like Kyun Sang. He's full of curiousity. I notice nowadays he's very active in the kitchen lol. Maybe he wants to meet Dodo, the meat thief hahaha.... I just hope they give more screen time to Mongie because he's just too cute to be ignored. I love him too.

161205 Donation Pledge to Alienated Youth from ‘3 Meals’, ‘CJ Donor Camp’ with Lee Seojin, Shinhwa’s Eric, Yoon Kyunsang

Root for our ‘Three Meals’ hearty pledge.
Together with the three fishermen,
Three Meals’ and ‘CJ Donors Camp’ are making a hearty pledge,
to warm up this December.
Please, click on the ‘Like’ button!

Welcoming the winter vacation, we will deliver special meals to the Alienated Youth organizations in fishing village areas.

1,000 ‘Likes’ will deliver special meals to ONE organization.
10,000 ‘Likes’ will deliver special meals to TEN different organizations.

One more thing!!!!!
We will donate,
1 Like = 100 KRW
1 Comment = 300 KRW
1 Share = 500 KRW,

for Christmas presents.
Please Like, Comment, and Share!

When: Until December 18th (Sunday)
How: Please Like, Comment, and Share this post with your friends!

More info from CJ Donors Camp >> donorscamp.org/events/3bobfisherman.do

FB LINK: >> https://www.facebook.com/tvN3bob/1156212721166684/

Source: 3MAD FB + Trans by EricMun.tumbr + Subbed by Fishingsubteam

========================================================================

CJ also just put up a post on their FB page. Might just as well Like, Comment, and Share there too :)

As of December 6th, there should be ₩3,359,500 collected for Christmas gifts, and since it's over 10K+ Shares, 10 different organization of Alienated Youth will receive special meals.  We can't makes more Likes or Share but we can always add comments.  ₩300 for each of your comments folks.  Call it "spaming" for good cause!! :P

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cy_yeyRWIAAbkJy.jpg:large

Not sure if it was posted before so I apologize if it's a repost :D

161203 Simple But You Enjoy Watching. The Paradox of ‘3 Meals A Day’ with Lee Seojin, Shinhwa Eric, and Yoon Kyunsang

http://68.media.tumblr.com/08b7df853a1068fc54724c28ef0806b3/tumblr_inline_oho26cv3Nq1qcufwd_1280.jpg

‘3 Meals A Day’, The reason why it is noticeable without the “entertainment MSG”.

[Entermedia, Jung Dukhyun] The rainy night of Deukryang, tvN “3 Meals A DayYoon Kyunsang said “This is a good night to have a drink”. You hear raindrops and firewoods burning. Eric is curious about Lee Seojin’s next season all of the sudden. “Which do you want, farm village, fishing village if you do 3 Meals A Day again?” Lee Seojin replies “livestock farm”. Yoon Gyunsang says “Sounds fun”, Eric adds “One of my old dreams is to run a ranch”.

On the age talk, Yoon Kyunsang who turned 30 said he laughs when he thinks about when he was 25. Eric says it feels faster as you go. Lee Seojin somewhat says something lonesome, “If you pass 45, you feel there’s less time to live than the times you have lived”. With drinks, and like Gyunsang said it’s the gently night with firewood burning and raindrops. Their stories are very common but it attracts people.

To be precise, this “3 Meals A Day Fishing Village” season in Deukryang-do has less fun factors compare to last seasons. Recall the “3 Meals A Day Fishing Village season Yoo Haejin and Cha Seungwon had back in Manjae-do. Fishing at the fish bank, all the glam cuisines and guests, they had a variety of fun factors. But this Deukryang-do’s “3 Meals A Day” is different. Most of the episodes are focusing on Eric’s cooking and the changing of Lee Seojin and Yoon Gyunsang because of that food.

What showed that the best was when they themselves were trying to escape the island as if they know they had little fun factors. When these escapes happen, it usually comes out with other stories and fun episodes. Didn’t “3 Meals A Day” Jungsun had all the stories even with one visit to the market? But their escape ended just like that because they didn’t bring any money.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/59f38e8f9c373dbf7e8073f8a1e68a5f/tumblr_inline_oho1x55gws1qcufwd_1280.jpg

Fishing is also a key factor but because the nature of fishing itself is pretty boring till they actually catch fish. Yoo Haejin filled those gaps with his character and being overly chatty. But this season didn’t have much of fishing scenes except when Kyunsang, who discovered his talent in fishing, catches fishes in a row, or Lee Seojin restores his fame with catching one fish. Even Eric who’s good at fishing caught a bream, but it was too young so they had to let it go.

The night with the sound of raindrops, Eric makes a comment about it. “In general we’re doing good together but one thing that’s missing is that you (Seojin) are the only fun factor.” Eric knows, that he’s not part of funny characters. But Lee Seojin says to Eric. “That’s not important. Men are you know, Junghyuk, it’s just from the heart. That’s what I think. Sincerity wins in the end. That’s what I think is important at the end.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/6ce0e51a92c71c4485c082a0fcfe4475/tumblr_inline_oho1xtXFIj1qcufwd_1280.jpg

What Lee Seojin said explains why “3 Meals A Day” is catching people’s eyes even without all the MSG factors of an entertainment show. It’s a variety show but does not cling or rely on the “fun” factors. It delivers the true heart of the casts in such situations, and that’s the twist “3 Meals A Day” has. In a conventional view, it may not be ‘funny’, but paradoxically, you can see ‘new’ things that are ‘fun’ and interesting.

That power of the true heart builds trust, and that makes it possible to create a program to enjoy that simple ‘fun’. It’s the same as a general saying about cooking, “Look, it’s not tasty if the person who eats it doesn’t enjoy it even though you cooked it so well.” Somehow we become willingly take “3 Meals A Day” with pleasure, whatever it gives us. And it made us delighted with the joy they have when they cook. Like Yoon Kyunsang said, “Junghyuk hyung did all the cooking but it makes me feel good when people say the food is good”.

Source: Entermedia + Translation by EricMun.tumblr

I was very touched by their late night banter, it's so real and sincere. I hope when I get older I'll have Seojin's demanour too. That's why people are drawn to him despite the cranky façade. Eric expressing his fears just like you and I, Kyunsang absorbing it all like a sponge. I know NaPD is quick on the uptake and he'll put these three men together on another show in the future. I hope their schedules align to make it a reality! We're not done with this trio yet!

18 hours ago, Phi said:

But their escape ended just like that because they didn’t bring any money.

i still can't help laughing everytime i remember their fail escape because no money :phew:

i still haven't watch past season but i enjoy how simple this season is just with this 3 men + staffs it still plenty of fun to me :P

this season is pretty much to build the chemistry,friendship and team work between these trio so it only make sense next season having the three of them back considering their positive review from viewers+good rating :P

On 2016-12-07 at 2:53 PM, calypso73 said:

I was very touched by their late night banter, it's so real and sincere. I hope when I get older I'll have Seojin's demanour too. That's why people are drawn to him despite the cranky façade. Eric expressing his fears just like you and I, Kyunsang absorbing it all like a sponge. I know NaPD is quick on the uptake and he'll put these three men together on another show in the future. I hope their schedules align to make it a reality! We're not done with this trio yet!

Agree.  I found their little talk about the show, about life at the end of that episode so comfy and nostalgic (may be the rain kinda add it to the mood).  It makes me hope to see more of them in future show if their schedule works out.

On 2016-12-08 at 7:09 AM, salz said:

i still can't help laughing everytime i remember their fail escape because no money :phew:

i still haven't watch past season but i enjoy how simple this season is just with this 3 men + staffs it still plenty of fun to me :P

this season is pretty much to build the chemistry,friendship and team work between these trio so it only make sense next season having the three of them back considering their positive review from viewers+good rating :P

I really hope an animal farm will be in the making *getting the cowboy gears ready* yeee haaw!! :) 

done watching and as usual E-chef foods kill me in good way :)

feel like Seojin love spoiling Kyunsang like his own kid lol keep giving bigger and bigger portion everytime and even giving him that cool sunglasses :phew:

nice to see Kyunsang can cook more now and even make the side dish himself now without buffering or getting confuse with Eric instruction lol

Eric moment with Koongie is cute too the kitties getting more and more active now exploring the house...haha Mongie the actual criminal spilling those sand? in the room while Koong get scold lol

glad they show the boys going shopping with the money they earned

those Nakji(small octopus?) they caught look so good this trip is not yet the last one right?

On 2016-12-09 at 9:33 AM, salz said:

done watching and as usual E-chef foods kill me in good way :)

feel like Seojin love spoiling Kyunsang like his own kid lol keep giving bigger and bigger portion everytime and even giving him that cool sunglasses :phew:

nice to see Kyunsang can cook more now and even make the side dish himself now without buffering or getting confuse with Eric instruction lol

Eric moment with Koongie is cute too the kitties getting more and more active now exploring the house...haha Mongie the actual criminal spilling those sand? in the room while Koong get scold lol

glad they show the boys going shopping with the money they earned

those Nakji(small octopus?) they caught look so good this trip is not yet the last one right?

hahaha the kitties are a lot more comfy around the 3 Meals House even if they were away for 3 weeks from the previous filming.   The staffs are comfy with letting them loose as well compared to how they started out.  Now they also get to explore the kitchen.  These kids got scold wrongly hahaha last time when Kong torn up the dried radish bag from Eric's backpack, they thought it was Mong? hahaha

As we saw on 3 Meals, Eric seems to like Mong more between the 2 kids.... well, at Shinhwa's fansign on the weekend, a fan had a sticky note asking which one he likes more and he chose Mong.  Another Q&A note from a fan asking him to draw the 2 cats and he did a small dot and a bigger dot hahahaha I'm sure you know which one is which :P  He could draw well but probably cuz time limit, he can't hold up the line and draw the 2 cats for real... though, the small dot & big dot is more interesting reply? cuz no one would expect that? :) 

It was very caring of Seojin brought a pair of goggle for Kyunsang so his eyes will be shielded from the smoke.  I thought Captain would bring one for him too cuz the smoke also bother his eyes a lot

I believe that one filming we saw in EP9 is their last filming for the season :(   They went all out and bought everything with whatever they have left on their prize money... I'm guessing they'll throw a big BBQ for all the staffs at the last episode seeing how much stuffs they bought at the mart.

On 2016-12-09 at 8:58 AM, vivvianne22 said:

I think I love this trio the most beside all the previous seasons. They completes each other, and Kyunsang's cats totally a scene stealler. I wish they would make this season run a bit longer.

*sighs* how I wish it would be longer too.... This is my first time watching 3MAD so I had no idea how the grouping was in previous season.  It's interesting that these 3 with almost a decade different in age from one another actually gel very well.  I really love the chemistry from this trio so much and I'm glad they didn't have guest.  They manage to make every fun with a little nag & banter yet caring and looking out for each other.  I wish they'll reunited on another show later if scheduling works out well...

The last scene (well more like preview for EP.10) was hilarious with Eric & Kyungsang doing CG effect with Captain Seojin on the beach...

I got all correct but I didn't know what was in all the pots in Q9 :sweatingbullets:  These questions are done upto EP.7 i think.

“3 Meals A Day - Fishing Village 3”: Are You 3 Meals Otaku? Take The Test! (Lee Seojin, Shinhwa’s Eric, Yoon Kyunsang)

Are you an Otaku of “Three Meals A Day - Fishing Village 3”?  Take this test and find out! 

*SPOILER* Answers are on the very last page.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/6caef49d11ddc2405574625d01e2c88a/tumblr_inline_ohn7ndNCgY1qcufwd_1280.jpg

http://68.media.tumblr.com/a7a7e1a1c3664ef4c45d15b4907bf9c4/tumblr_inline_ohn7nusWMy1qcufwd_1280.jpg

http://68.media.tumblr.com/eef8c47466311df842ae9342bd23ea26/tumblr_inline_ohn7o9wfFq1qcufwd_1280.jpg

http://68.media.tumblr.com/3d181a3fc47214931beca5fe2affc834/tumblr_inline_ohn7oih8XN1qcufwd_1280.jpg

http://68.media.tumblr.com/a34573ac35bde96d0cb340bb7d56a5af/tumblr_inline_ohn7ox6kQm1qcufwd_1280.jpg

http://68.media.tumblr.com/b8243ddfe3c59195c818f89ff10f6b3e/tumblr_inline_ohn7pdT6Re1qcufwd_1280.jpg

http://68.media.tumblr.com/ed901584136c712c47ee906d5eb370eb/tumblr_inline_ohn7pp1WOB1qcufwd_1280.jpg

http://68.media.tumblr.com/f51ce15a3a20a93b8d8b19de3654edbc/tumblr_inline_ohn7qdE1uc1qcufwd_1280.jpg

http://68.media.tumblr.com/df1eb679f0e136f8598ae5c9626a462f/tumblr_inline_ohn7qnSd2b1qcufwd_1280.jpg

http://68.media.tumblr.com/1cbf139268c8c85fa10a113aa11b313a/tumblr_inline_ohn7qys39d1qcufwd_1280.jpg

ANSWERS IN THE SPOILER TAG!

Spoiler

http://68.media.tumblr.com/59a4ccd3f7aafbc9db9868b9c888b586/tumblr_inline_ohn7r8pnJV1qcufwd_1280.jpg

Source: TVING via Naver + Translation by EricMun.tumblr

Text & Video Previews for EP.10

I'm a bit surprised Captain Seojin doesn't like oyster when he seems to like raw octopus... thou the 2 have very different texture

Hope Eric & Kyunsang got to see the sunrise... The sunset in EP.9 was BEAUTIFUL!!!

http://68.media.tumblr.com/5fe1c0a09bba3ba89bac236974043f62/tumblr_inline_oi8b7vXw1d1qcufwd_1280.jpg

Subbed by Fishingsubteam

161210 ‘3 Meals A Day′ EP.9 – The Values That 3 Fishermen and Sunset Send. (Lee Seojin, Shinhwa’s Eric, Yoon Kyunsang)

|Jaimi’s Bedside Story|

It’s always surprising to see how ‘3 Meals A Day - Fishing Village 3’ became Eric’s cooking class. Because you get curious how he could be so good at all of those cooking. You may answer what’s a big deal, it’s the times that man cooks too. But it’s not easy to cook something that satisfies others. Then went back to basics, but started new with Eric.

Cooking Fairy Eric;
The 3 bothers went octopus fishing, the sea and the sunset

Chef Eric, Assistant Gyunsang, and Seojin, who’s watching them, the 3rd season with the trio has food as its core. The program’s identity is getting foods from Mother Nature and makes meals with it. The show becomes valuable by reminding you what ‘3 Meals A Day’ means, the things you don’t notice because it’s in your everyday life.

You get interested in cooking as you live alone. You can order in or go out to eat but that has limitations. Eric didn’t trust the food from outside and didn’t like them, that’s why he started to cook his own food. Your interest usually becomes your own skill. You put your effort in it, and then you find your talent.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/d5d37e870870259f683dacd9b708454f/tumblr_inline_oi7k913K4V1qcufwd_1280.jpg

Cha Seungwon’s cooking is marvelous. It’s such a gift to make good food in short time. We thought there would be no other like him among the male celebrities. But Eric crushed that thought. He’s a little slow but it’s the same that he makes the food that everybody likes.

In this episode, again Eric was doing nothing but making food. It’s not easy to make food right after you wake up in the morning. But there’s no difficulty for him making Gajibap (egg plant rice) and Sogogi-muguk (radish beef soup). Using the radish that Seojin really likes, it makes everyone satisfied when it’s cooked right.

Eric, who learns to cook from TV, cooked up the Baek Jongwon’s Eggplant Rice perfectly. The magical eggplant rice that made Seojin mesmerized. As he ate it, even Eric himself said he liked it. It shows the essence of his food. It was comforting and relaxing when they were having a cup of coffee after breakfast.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/07662dfa29daa751a57fa0d44e5320d7/tumblr_inline_oi7kek9ZvM1qcufwd_540.gif

It reminds us how cold the weather got seeing them making Kimchi with radish and cabbage grown with the ocean wind. With Gyunsang’s clams and Soejin’s hand pulled noodles, Eric made ‘clam noodles’. Like Seojin always jokes, maybe he could open up a restaurant.

They visited Deukryang once again after 3 weeks and it was their last visit. After finished doing groceries with the money they earned, they came back to the island. With the colder weather, Eric made Yusanseul (Chinese stir-fried of 3 ingredients) and Jjambbong (spicy seafood soup) for the Deukryang family. Eric was putting more effort into it when Seojin said Yusanseul is one of his favorite dishes. He’s a genuine chef. Cooks generally think about the people who eat their foods, rather than themselves. In that sense, Eric is qualified for a good cook.

Eric tried to be faster but it needed time. After finishing prepping a huge amount of ingredients, his cooking became ruthless. With assistant Gyunsang’s help, their lunch was like any other Chinese restaurant. It’s pretty complicated to make but Yusanseul and Jjambbong made everyone satisfied. After the warm and plentiful meal, they headed out to the sea.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/4846640a43c2e467168c3926d37a7a70/tumblr_inline_oi7kgbKE631qcufwd_540.gif

They went out for short-arm octopus fishing and started to have a peculiar experience. They caught a lot of octopus. That’s how nature gives itself out to people. It’s everyday scenery for people who live there. Going out to sea fishing and live off fishing, it would be just an ordinary life to them. But to others, it’s all extraordinary and new. The generosity of nature warmly enveloped the sea and the sunset.

The beautiful sunset and the darkness that was taking the sea in, and the 3 little dots of the brothers with it, was the value that ‘3 Meals A Day’ embracing. Don’t go against nature, finding great value of life in ordinary routine, the meaning of this program was said with just this sunset scene.

Mother Nature can be a great story by itself just with its existence. ‘3 Meals A Day’ is special because it allows us to reflect on the value of life, getting along with nature, not against it. Our ordinary life, with nothing special, is the greatest journey of all. This show is showing that to you.

Source: Mediaus + Translation by EricMun.tumblr

3 Meals FB Updates!

btw, I saw some people saying the last episode for Fishing Village 3 is 12 episodes and some other said 11... but I don't see any official source yet... Does anyone know for sure? :) 

My guess has been 12 episodes but it's all depends on how many days they stayed for their last filming, which wasn't mentioned at all (unlike the previous filmings)

Archived