[Variety 2016] Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village S3 삼시세끼 어촌편 시즌3

3 hours ago, flybabyfly said:

29? I watched 1 of the subbed trailers and it was written there as 30 years old. Korean age and all that, I suppose. 

he is 29 world age but +1 Korea age of course :P 

im glad he only one year younger than me so not feeling guilty like younger guy lol

anyway wanna say thank you to the wonderful subber, since you guys have amazing speed i guess i shouldn't dl the raw and just wait for sub next week :P 

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

October 18, 2016

Cooking show finds breakthrough with Eric
Three Meals a Day's population soars with newly cast members

By Kim Jae-heun The Korea Times

16-01(842).jpg

Eric Mun, from left, Lee Seo-jin and Yoon Kyun-sang pose on a boat at Deukryang Island, Goheung, South Jeolla Province, in the season premiere of "Three Meals a Day." / Courtesy of CJ E&M

"Three Meals a Day," a popular reality cooking show directed by producer Na Young-seok, returned with its sixth season set in a fishing village, last Friday on tvN.

Again, Na chose actor Lee Seo-jin as the main cast member of the show to lead the series as he has for the last three years. But the biggest question was whether the newly joined members Eric Mun of the boy band Shinhwa and actor Yoon Kyun-sang will harmonize well with Lee.

In the previous two seasons, Lee and singer Ok Taec-yeon of K-pop boy band 2PM showed great rapport and teamwork. The two seasons were set in rural areas in Jeongseon County, Gangwon Province, and Gochang County, North Jeolla Province, where they planted seeds and harvested crops to cook their own meals with limited kitchen utensils.

However, for the new fishing village episodes set on Deukryang Island in South Jeolla Province, Mun's unexpected cooking skills have grabbed audiences' attention and his expertise in fishing made him a perfect cast member. The series regained its popularity with the first episode's average viewership rating recording 12.6 percent, according to Nielson Korea. The finale of the series starring Lee in Jeongseon finished with the lowest average viewing rating of 9.6 percent.

The viewer ratings showed that it was the most-watched show by the age group ranging from teens to those in their 50s among the TV shows aired in the same time slot.

"Honestly, I don't expect much when a guy says he is good at cooking as Taec-yeon himself said he was a good cook, but he turned out not to be," said Lee during the press conference at Imperial Palace Hotel in Gangnam, southern Seoul, last Thursday. "But Eric is really good at cooking. He said he learned through cooking TV shows. I never thought one could really become a good cook by watching TV programs."

Na agreed that he did not expect to see such amazing cooking scenes in the latest season although he knew Eric was a sophisticated cook and fisherman. But the director hesitated in casting Eric, as the singer-turned-actor is a rather shy person and he finds himself uncomfortable with strangers. However, Na decided to put Eric in his show when he remembered the actor's appearance with Lee in the hit drama "Phoenix" in 2004.

"I remember Lee took care of me a lot when I joined the shooting of Phoenix 12 years ago," said Mun. "It was my second time acting and I took a leading role in a big drama series and I was under pressure. But Lee taught me many things and treated me to dinner often. I took the offer to join this show when I heard Lee is starring too."

This is the first entertainment show that Mun has joined without his band mates from Shinhwa.

In the first episode, he prepared potato sujebi, a soup with potato, for lunch. He also used meat from a crab he caught and cooked it in a soybean paste to make a crab doenjang stew.

Na said that he hopes to continue producing TV shows that portray scenes of metropolitan residents preparing meals in rural areas using only foods they grow themselves or fish from the sea.

"We can fix our meals easily in the city, but I wanted people to remember how difficult it is to prepare a proper meal in a slow life. The show does not contain any spectacular or dramatic scenes, but it has its own viewing points," said Na.

jhkim@ktimes.com

tumblr_inline_of6a5pz2k71qcufwd_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_of6a5gNTH71qcufwd_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_of6cw5xPRv1qcufwd_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_of6ctiyet91qcufwd_500.jpg

@tilac you are welcome, hope you visit more often here...

@salz hahaha so in korean age he is 30... but he totally is like 03 years old.
also will just wait for the subbed version, cause then team that is doing the subs are just so awesome and fast...

thanks so much fishingsubteam...!!!!!!

shout out to @fountainstripes thanks so much to your team doing this subs.. Appreciate it very very very much.. ^_^

Eric Moon and Park Bo-geom on top of the list for most attention on TV

fullsizephoto774071.jpg
Shinwha's Eric and actor Park Bo-geom came in first for getting the most attention on TV.

According to Good Data Cooperation, Eric and Park Bo-geom came in top for non-drama and drama.

Based on a research of 2002 stars in 184 TV appearances in the second week of October, Eric Moon, Lee Seo-jin and Yoon Gyoon-sang from "Three Meals A Day" came in first, second and third.

In the research of drama appearances, Park Bo-geom came in first for his performance in the drama "Moonlight Drawn by Clouds". Our of 39 dramas broadcasted with 404 stars, Park Bo-geom has been in Top 1 for 8 continuous weeks. Second is Kong Hyo-jin, third is Jo Jeong-seok and Lee Joon-ki and IU came in fourth and fifth.

The standard of this data is based on being the most talked about issue or topic of conversation from the 10th of October to the 16th. The accuracy of this data is 91%.

Source: Sports Dong-A
Credit: Hancinema

161015 [STAR TALK] THREE MEALS A DAY: SHINHWA ERIC’S CHARM HAS EXPLODED. HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE A CRUSH + COMMENTS

‘Sent away Park Dokyung in hard way, now it’s Moon Junghyuk’

It was really fun to watch Eric.

The attention drawn to the 6th season of Three Meals A Day’s ‘Fishing Village 3’ was great even only with the fact that Eric who has never been on Variety shows alone since his debut with group Shinhwa in 1998. Trustworthy Na Youngsuk PD, Lee Seojin the icon of ‘Three Meals A Day’ and with that, Eric’s appearance on the show was also an expected point to focus on ‘Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village 3’. 

The expectation was fully satisfied. Lee Seojin who acquired the boat license drove the ‘Seojini-ho’ (Seojin’s boat) himself got them to Deukryang-do, and Eric who drove his 3-wheeled motorbike wagon ‘Ericar’ (Eric’s car) himself were eye catching. Little primly but sincere words from Eric showed other true side of him you’ve never seen before.

The biggest reason why ‘Jungsun’ season wasn’t much of issues compared to ‘Fishing Village’ seasons was ‘the lack of cooking’. Eric’s appearance as ‘Eh-chef’ as a counterpart for ‘Chajumma’ Cha Seungwon brought everybody’s attention. Especially Eric using a plastic bag to make dough to avoid washing dishes, using scissors to cut the dough to avoid washing hands, washing potatoes with a metal scouring sponge to avoid pealing the potato, it showed Eric’s life as a single bachelor. (minimizing clean up/works)

Of course the foods tasted more than expectation. More to the lunch potato Sujebi, for dinner they had crab-doenjang stew, potato Jeon, steamed egg which made the great Deukryang-do table d'hôte. Lee Seojin tasted the Doenjang stew and said “I’ve never had this kind of Jjigae (stew) before. It’s the best Jjigae I’ve had in ‘Three Meals A Day’, first place definitely.”

Eric taking his time thinking before he does something was peculiar, but his manners towards oldest Lee Seojin and taking care of the youngest Yoon Gyunsang was a sneak peek to his good-natured personality.

It was 4 months ago when everyone was obsessed with Eric in the popular tvN drama “Another Oh Hae Yong”. We just got out of Park Dokyung’s fatal charms, now it looks like it’s Moon Junghyuk’s turn to put another charm on us from the far Jeonla Namdo Goheung ‘3 meal house’. There’s no turning back. 

gato@osen.co.kr

Source: OSEN via Naver + Translation by EricMun.tumblr

Additional FB Page update

14612486_1105062529615037_90542171700234

Spoiler

Three Meals a Day - Fishing Village Season 3 First Impression

I can't stress enough how excited I am of this season, so having high expectation was already built in into my core from the first time I laid eyes on the news of the new set up and the stars. Usually temper down my excitement for shows/dramas to avoid being disappointed, but I could not and would not do it for this show. Too many good things that was just put together in this show for me to ever think negatively about. But even with those high expectation, this show delivered the things I expected and and now my standards just keeps building up.

I watched all 1 hour and 30 minutes of the show, and it still felt so fast and short. I want the next episode soon. But before that here are my top 5 takeaways from the 1st episode:

1. Na YoungSuk PD is turning nice - First there were the gifts (seojin boat, ericar and the kyungsangie's pail), which i guess is pretty much needed in the island, but I would usually think Na PD would want the member to be so clueless and lost that he would make them work for those necessities. that is usually his MO. Then there was the island that looked way more inviting that the fishing village season 1. I remember watching the first episode of the fishing season 1 and thinking that the island he shipped CSH. YHJ and JGS was one located in the pacific ocean with the travel on the boat accompanied with gray clouds and unsteady sea. Also as compared to LSJ's first house in Jeongseon Farming village, this looks way nicer and brighter. Na PD is also less bossy in demanding from this season what to cook and what to do. and lastly the staff even brought over the things that LSJ bought to make his life less miserable, the rolling chair and the folding foam bed. yup he is way way nice... it feels sinister,

2. individual know-hows of  members are pretty useful - its interesting to see the different know-hows of the member of this current show make it easier for the new members as well as LSJ, and in turn that totally trumps Na PD evil sadistic plans. LSJ has a 3MAD veteran know-hows like making the fire furnace and the clothes brought for the trip, and all the usual task in the house. Eric has the cooking know-hows, from doing things that would require less mess, and less work with the dough inside the plastic bag to the cleaning of potatoes. it was pretty darn interesting and just trumps Na PD plans, so he even offers to wash the dishes to get Eric to use more utensils for cooking. Kyungsang, strong man know-hows? Maknae know-hows? cat daddy know-hows? all in all he was pretty adorable

3. Giant baby Kyunsangie is adorable - its very jarring to see when all 3 guys are standing close with each other. or if Eric or LSJ stands next to Kyunsang, cause they end up looking so small next to him. These two have big auras being big leading men in K-entertainment, but next to kyunsang, they look like little boys cause he was a giant. But in contrast to Kyunsang's giant height, deep deep deep inside he is more of a Baby.He totally fits the maknae role of this trio. He totally feels like a toddler with endless questions, why? why? why? ahh why so cute Kyunsangie...?

4. Eric is super manly, very thoughtful and ultra considerate  - It maybe the bias in me, but gash Eric was oozing manly pheromones through my screen -- from cooking, chopping wood, fishing and even just opening his knife to clean the the fish. In this show, some people who are unfamiliar will definitely see that there is more to the handsome 4D leader of Shinhwa, that other than the handsome face and the manly aura, Eric is a man of that is very thoughtful and considerate. It was most obvious when he gave YKS a task to wipe the plates and etc after it was done being washed. Before that task giving, the poor maknae was getting anxious from watching LSJ, the Mat-hyung/sunbae, do the dishes while he was standing idly by, I could feel YKS anxiousness and nerves rise by the second as he roams and hovers around. But when Eric gave him a task to do, YKS started smiling brightly again most likely cause he is feeling relief at being useful and helpful. Eric's dongsaeng-management know-how was pretty great to witness. he was so considerate and thoughtful.

5. I love Lee SeoJin and KKoong loveline - I am not a cat person, but I can understand LSJ falling for Kooong. That kitty was totally adorable. The way LSJ sneakily caresses Koong was such a "Awwww moment". and it really does get better with the background music Na PD edited into it. while watching them, I got totally weird and imagined LSJ and Koong in the web drama Love Cells. With LSJ and Koong the cats who transforms into a woman, and that they are in a loveline together. its pretty weird and maybe that is the worst ever thought of this show. But I really hope YKS brings his little kitties for all his visits.(Mong was pretty adorable too. I want a cat now)

PS. The background music is as always for all Na PD shows just simply genuis... !!!

I wonder if Eric would be offered to do a cookbook!?! hmmm...

anyway, as expected of leader-nim, he paves the way for the group's comeback (hopefully soon!)... i just love the way he's given the opportunity to show himself... 

3MAD S3 ratings are daebak! Congratulations!

Na PD has won a Daesang before then LSJ won recently, Eric has won a Daesang as a singer, so their combination is something really awesome...

Thank you Fishing Sub Team for the subtitles.

I'm watching episode 1 and I'm only on the half of it but I'm already loving it (this would be the first 3 Meals a Day that I'm watching from the first episode).

The casts are really funny and cute.

Lee Seo Jin with his typical no nonsense attitude that we all love. He's like their strict mother-in-law and the other two are the babo daughters. Haha!

I can't stop laughing at Eric's thinking time. It was funny and cute at the same time, he's like using 3G as his thinking speed. Haha!

And Yoon Kyun Sang is the youngest daughter who is oh-so-innocent. Did he gained weight? Looks like it. He's like a big baby. So adorable.

I'm looking forward to more of this show.

9 hours ago, czakhareina1 said:

hahaha so in korean age he is 30... but he totally is like 03 years old.
also will just wait for the subbed version, cause then team that is doing the subs are just so awesome and fast...

yeah i can't see him as 29/30yo man he is because the ultimate giant baby lmao seriously he just too cute
when i saw his bts during Doctor he totally the baby in the set lol even he is oppa to the girls but they love to tease&prank him most of time XD
yeah seeing how fast the speed i will just wait to the sub instead of wasting my hdd dl the raw lol
im so happy there sub for this season because i can't fully appreciate the previous season watching without sub beside fangirling on Son Hojoon and drooling with Chajumma foods lol

and Eric im falling again to him...i can't believe i forgot that he used to costar with LSJ since i first know about him and LSJ through Phoenix drama lol until i watch with subbed mention their connection through Phoenix and finally remembered lol
but well it been 12yrs ago so my memory suck and glad to see them reunited here&obviously have good relationship^^

i love how fast YKS and Eric get close and it obvious Eric adore his clueless baby dongsaeng lol..i hope to see YKS get closer to LSJ too though LSJ seem to create a special relationship with Koongie instead lmao
but i love that part LSJ saving YKS hand by reacting fast getting out the crab before YKS touch with his hand he truly the expert of this show know well how to act in most situation though of course his favorite position is giving instruction only :P

13 hours ago, czakhareina1 said:

Three Meals a Day - Fishing Village Season 3 First Impression

I can't stress enough how excited I am of this season, so having high expectation was already built in into my core from the first time I laid eyes on the news of the new set up and the stars. Usually temper down my excitement for shows/dramas to avoid being disappointed, but I could not and would not do it for this show. Too many good things that was just put together in this show for me to ever think negatively about. But even with those high expectation, this show delivered the things I expected and and now my standards just keeps building up.

I watched all 1 hour and 30 minutes of the show, and it still felt so fast and short. I want the next episode soon. But before that here are my top 5 takeaways from the 1st episode:

1. Na YoungSuk PD is turning nice - First there were the gifts (seojin boat, ericar and the kyungsangie's pail), which i guess is pretty much needed in the island, but I would usually think Na PD would want the member to be so clueless and lost that he would make them work for those necessities. that is usually his MO. Then there was the island that looked way more inviting that the fishing village season 1. I remember watching the first episode of the fishing season 1 and thinking that the island he shipped CSH. YHJ and JGS was one located in the pacific ocean with the travel on the boat accompanied with gray clouds and unsteady sea. Also as compared to LSJ's first house in Jeongseon Farming village, this looks way nicer and brighter. Na PD is also less bossy in demanding from this season what to cook and what to do. and lastly the staff even brought over the things that LSJ bought to make his life less miserable, the rolling chair and the folding foam bed. yup he is way way nice... it feels sinister,

2. individual know-hows of  members are pretty useful - its interesting to see the different know-hows of the member of this current show make it easier for the new members as well as LSJ, and in turn that totally trumps Na PD evil sadistic plans. LSJ has a 3MAD veteran know-hows like making the fire furnace and the clothes brought for the trip, and all the usual task in the house. Eric has the cooking know-hows, from doing things that would require less mess, and less work with the dough inside the plastic bag to the cleaning of potatoes. it was pretty darn interesting and just trumps Na PD plans, so he even offers to wash the dishes to get Eric to use more utensils for cooking. Kyungsang, strong man know-hows? Maknae know-hows? cat daddy know-hows? all in all he was pretty adorable

3. Giant baby Kyunsangie is adorable - its very jarring to see when all 3 guys are standing close with each other. or if Eric or LSJ stands next to Kyunsang, cause they end up looking so small next to him. These two have big auras being big leading men in K-entertainment, but next to kyunsang, they look like little boys cause he was a giant. But in contrast to Kyunsang's giant height, deep deep deep inside he is more of a Baby.He totally fits the maknae role of this trio. He totally feels like a toddler with endless questions, why? why? why? ahh why so cute Kyunsangie...?

4. Eric is super manly, very thoughtful and ultra considerate  - It maybe the bias in me, but gash Eric was oozing manly pheromones through my screen -- from cooking, chopping wood, fishing and even just opening his knife to clean the the fish. In this show, some people who are unfamiliar will definitely see that there is more to the handsome 4D leader of Shinhwa, that other than the handsome face and the manly aura, Eric is a man of that is very thoughtful and considerate. It was most obvious when he gave YKS a task to wipe the plates and etc after it was done being washed. Before that task giving, the poor maknae was getting anxious from watching LSJ, the Mat-hyung/sunbae, do the dishes while he was standing idly by, I could feel YKS anxiousness and nerves rise by the second as he roams and hovers around. But when Eric gave him a task to do, YKS started smiling brightly again most likely cause he is feeling relief at being useful and helpful. Eric's dongsaeng-management know-how was pretty great to witness. he was so considerate and thoughtful.

5. I love Lee SeoJin and KKoong loveline - I am not a cat person, but I can understand LSJ falling for Kooong. That kitty was totally adorable. The way LSJ sneakily caresses Koong was such a "Awwww moment". and it really does get better with the background music Na PD edited into it. while watching them, I got totally weird and imagined LSJ and Koong in the web drama Love Cells. With LSJ and Koong the cats who transforms into a woman, and that they are in a loveline together. its pretty weird and maybe that is the worst ever thought of this show. But I really hope YKS brings his little kitties for all his visits.(Mong was pretty adorable too. I want a cat now)

PS. The background music is as always for all Na PD shows just simply genuis... !!!

Well said!

Now I'm super intrigued to know the thoughts/impression of @Phi and @calypso73 ! :w00t:

1 hour ago, joyue_1 said:

Well said!

Now I'm super intrigued to know the thoughts/impression of @Phi and @calypso73 ! :w00t:

I wish I had the time to sit down and do the same but work is hectic! Needless to say I'm quite happy with this season and also notice the marked shift in attention to the new co-hosts. It's nothing good nor bad but proof of how NaPD can rework an existing concept into something fresh and exciting. I just hope we see more of those cats and more LSJ and Koong interaction. @czakhareina1 you should watch Yoo Seungho's drama Sangsang Koyangi! Cutest acting from a cat! (Yoo Seungho was great too of course hehehe.)

1 hour ago, joyue_1 said:

Well said!

me too... I am also curious at other fans first impression of the show... for us that are both fans of the show as well as the stars.. its kind of a very collective feeling of happiness to have this two worlds  collide...

But I am curious with how fans of Eric and Yoon Kyunsang feel about their new stint in 3MAD... especially those who have not seen any of the 3 MAD season or any Na PD show for that matter.. I think @Phi is one of those, and would love to read her impression on the whole show...

5 minutes ago, calypso73 said:

I wish I had the time to sit down and do the same but work is hectic! Needless to say I'm quite happy with this season and also notice the marked shift in attention to the new co-hosts. It's nothing good nor bad but proof of how NaPD can rework an existing concept into something fresh and exciting. I just hope we see more of those cats and more LSJ and Koong interaction. @czakhareina1 you should watch Yoo Seungho's drama Sangsang Koyangi! Cutest acting from a cat!

Na PD isnt called a genius for nothing. he really is one of the rare variety PD's who just make things awesome with some simple concept then sprinkled with awesome editing and narrative. If I remember a video/clip/article correctly, they mention that when Na PD comes knocking on your door for a projects, the best and only answer should be yes... he kinda adds some likeability to stars of his show.. and also makes the star appeal to broader audience that their set fandom. and based from experience that holds true. I mean, I personally watched a couple of Lee SeoJin dramas, but it was not until his guesting in 1n2d that I became quite curious with him, then Grandpas over flowers was the one that sealed the deal of me being his fan...

and I super agree, Boggil was way way cute...
ImaginaryCat02-00212.jpg

but this two.. lee seojin and koong are soooooo adorable

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-14%20at%205.13.1

23 minutes ago, czakhareina1 said:

Na PD isnt called a genius for nothing. he really is one of the rare variety PD's who just make things awesome with some simple concept then sprinkled with awesome editing and narrative. If I remember a video/clip/article correctly, they mention that when Na PD comes knocking on your door for a projects, the best and only answer should be yes... he kinda adds some likeability to stars of his show.. and also makes the star appeal to broader audience that their set fandom. and based from experience that holds true. I mean, I personally watched a couple of Lee SeoJin dramas, but it was not until his guesting in 1n2d that I became quite curious with him, then Grandpas over flowers was the one that sealed the deal of me being his fan...

[...]

but this two.. lee seojin and koong are soooooo adorable

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-14%20at%205.13.1

OMG!!! Yes! I still remember that episode of 1N2D!! Remember LSJ was so reluctant to do the opening scene enthusiastically with their slogan?!?! 

AND... Eun Ji Won was still married then... and WHO KNEW Lee Dong Gook would have his own variety show! 
ALSO... I remember how even before that episode, I always thought how Lee Sun Gyun and Uhm Tae Woong looked eerily similar... and then BAM! It turns out they're friends and they're standing side by side together which further confirms how much they look like each other! And now... with Uhm Tae Woong's scandal...

BUT...  MOST IMPORTANTLY... Do you remember how Lee Seung Gi was exposing the secret that Na PD's nickname was Lee Seo Jin? Wahahahahahaha... how Na PD was bragging to Lee Seung Gi that he's LSJ!! Hahahahahaha... FUN TIMES!! :D

46 minutes ago, joyue_1 said:

OMG!!! Yes! I still remember that episode of 1N2D!! Remember LSJ was so reluctant to do the opening scene enthusiastically with their slogan?!?! 

AND... Eun Ji Won was still married then... and WHO KNEW Lee Dong Gook would have his own variety show! 
ALSO... I remember how even before that episode, I always thought how Lee Sun Gyun and Uhm Tae Woong looked eerily similar... and then BAM! It turns out they're friends and they're standing side by side together which further confirms how much they look like each other! And now... with Uhm Tae Woong's scandal...

BUT...  MOST IMPORTANTLY... Do you remember how Lee Seung Gi was exposing the secret that Na PD's nickname was Lee Seo Jin? Wahahahahahaha... how Na PD was bragging to Lee Seung Gi that he's LSJ!! Hahahahahaha... FUN TIMES!! :D

hahahaha totally remember those... heheh I actually rewatched that episode recently.... hahaha LSJ being embarrassed with saying "il bak-i il" and trying to hide at LSG's back, was a picture so contranst what his previous image of chaebol/kingly aura was, it was adorable...

yup Jiwon was still married.. and he and Lee dongwook were still in-laws... sad about that divorce, I though he was gonna be like Cha Taehyun who married his child hood sweetheart and live happily together... 

and my goodness, that really is where the Bromance-rivalry of Na PD and Lee Seojin started... even then they had one of the greatest first time chemistry in variety land...andsince then, these two really have gone a long way, with both winning daesang, Na PD from Baeksang arts award and now Lee Seojin from tvN10 awards.. both for thr entertainment department... hahaha they have the best formula in variety show.. and now they added a new addition and it as always interesting...

Cant hardly wait for friday... I  need 3MAD episodes pronto...

Archived