[Variety 2016] Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village S3 삼시세끼 어촌편 시즌3

If not mistaken, seems that the elders gave homemade kimchi, homegrown veggies etc to the brothers in return for Jackson's precious milk they provided.

Well-thought goat milk vs well-sought kimchi is a win-win situation for everyone, indeed! :D

Published on August 11, 2017 by tvN

WIN-WIN: Milk and Kimchi

WIN-WIN: Jinnie & Jimin

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August 11, 2017

Han Ji Min Is The Perfect Guest On “Three Meals A Day,” Asked To Be A Fixed Member

Source: Soompi by S. Park    

Lee-Seo-Jin-Han-Ji-Min.jpg

Eric, Lee Seo Jin, and Yoon Kyun Sang, the men of tvN’s “Three Meals A Day,” felt the effects of having a female guest on their show for the first time.

Actress Han Ji Min surprised the three actors by showing up on their island home. On this week’s episode, which chronicled the second day of her visit, she had completely adjusted to the “Three Meals A Day” life. The actress helped Yoon Kyun Sang milk the goats, caught octopus with her bare hands, and cooked a delicious dinner. Lee Seo Jin was so impressed with her that he told her to “just stay on as a regular member” instead of being a guest.

Han Ji Min even got Lee Seo Jin to do a lot of work during her stay, impressing the cast and the production staff.

han-ji-min.jpg

Source (1)

Published on August 11, 2017 by tvN

I think of all the women guests they had at 3MAD (even from previous ones), LSJ had the most fun having Han JiMin around.  She's good at hanging around with the men and the pets.  Never seen LSJ giggle that much and that loud since I started watching 3MAD.

@Phi- Thank you for sharing the subbed episode - I enjoyed it very much - I love the bickering between LSJ and HJM. 

BTW - NaPD mentioned he wants to get in Kim Nam Gil one day as a guest - I'll be waiting for that time - I am a fan of KNG.

On 2017-08-12 at 0:53 AM, rubie said:

If not mistaken, seems that the elders gave homemade kimchi, homegrown veggies etc to the brothers in return for Jackson's precious milk they provided.

Well-thought goat milk vs well-sought kimchi is a win-win situation for everyone, indeed! :D

Published on August 11, 2017 by tvN

WIN-WIN: Milk and Kimchi

WIN-WIN: Jinnie & Jimin

I think the villagers gave them homemade kimchi, vegetables and some seafood too.  That's hella good of a deal. :)

I love how comfortable Han Jimin is around Eric. She kept oppa this oppa that, so cute!  She talked to him comfortably in balmai.  Kyunsang also, every time they need help, they'll ask Eric. 

I think if Eric weren't married they probably swing a romance pairing XD

He has that calm, quiet sweet caring aura.  He gives the person some space but attentive when one needs a hand.

tumblr_oujmww18xp1rvbzggo1_540.gif

Jimin always comes to Eric for help.. oppa this oppa that... so cute. 
It's not necessarily a romance chemi, a good friend / bro-sis is just as lovely. :)

JUq4D4B.gif

DG_O0eaUQAAhzIF.jpg

DG_e3M2XkAIEEPT.jpg

Kyunsang was also Junghyuk hyung this, Junghyuk hyung that every time he needs help. :lol:

DG_Kzz9XUAAcUz7.jpg

DG_NyAPUIAAkZGI.jpg

August 18, 2017

AOA’s Seolhyun Confirmed To Be 3rd Guest On “Three Meals A Day”

Source: Soompi by J. Lim  

AOA-Seolhyun-Three-Meals-A-Day.jpg

AOA’s Seolhyun is set to be the third guest to visit the cast of tvN’s “Three Meals a Day” and their seaside farm!

On August 18, a representative of the variety show confirmed the news and added, “Seolhyun has already finished filming her appearance on the show.” Seolhyun will be the third guest on the new season of “Three Meals a Day” following Han Ji Min and Lee Je Hoon.

According to the staff who were there, Lee Seo Jin, Eric, and Yoon Kyun Sang were unable to hide their smiles when Seolhyun surprised them on the island. With Han Ji Min’s appearance being met with a positive response, it will be interesting to see what new charms Lee Je Hoon and Seolhyun will bring with their respective visits.

“Three Meals a Day” airs every Friday at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

August 19, 2017

“Three Meals A Day” Writer Teases Big Laughs Next Week As Lee Je Hoon Bonds With The Cast

Source: Soompi by J. Lim    

Three-Meals-a-Day-Lee-Je-Hoon.jpg

“Three Meals a Day” writer Kim Dae Joo has teased that actor Lee Je Hoon will bring the laughs as he attempts to win over the cast as a male guest in the upcoming episode of the hit variety show.

The end of the third episode that aired on August 18 showed Lee Seo Jin, Eric, and Yoon Kyun Sang sitting around wondering who their next guest would be. They were full of excitement as they hoped the guest would be a woman, and that she would bring food with her.

Who greeted them instead was Lee Je Hoon, who came with a bag of peanuts and a watermelon. Lee Seo Jin joked that Eric needn’t put any effort into his food while Eric said that Lee Je Hoon shouldn’t have come all the way to the island in the heat. On the other hand, Yoon Kyun Sang was happy as he had once picked Lee Je Hoon as his acting role model.

Lee-Je-Hoon-Yoon-Kyun-Sang.jpg

Regarding the cast’s chemistry with Lee Je Hoon, Kim Dae Joo said, “None of the three cast members personally knew Lee Je Hoon that well. I think that’s what made it even funnier. Lee Je Hoon is very down to earth and a great person. Though the cast was a little disappointed that Han Ji Min‘s successor was a male guest, they all became friends very quickly.”

When asked what viewers should look out for in Lee Je Hoon’s appearance, the writer said, “The four stooges! They’re going to be acting very silly, something you’d expect when guys get together and hang out. They went out and played in the ocean because it was so hot, and a lot of roughhousing went on. You can anticipate a lot of silliness in the next episode.”

Three-Meals-a-Day-1.jpg

Meanwhile, “Three Meals a Day” has been doing very well, maintaining its title as the most-watched program in its time slot for three consecutive weeks. The latest episode scored nationwide ratings of 9.8 percent and peaked at 12.6 percent in real-time ratings.

“Three Meals a Day” airs every Friday on tvN at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Source (1) (2)

The Koongie and Mongie coordinated show at the beginning was the best! Koongie even managed to sneak a morning smooch for Seojinnie. Jimin and Seojinnie bickering like siblings was a real treat to watch. I thought for sure she never said oppa to Seojinnie so I laugh at NaPD's editing to highlight that bit.

As much I think Han Jimin is the perfect guest, I really look forward to Lee Je Hoon's guesting.  I watched him in Signal and I didn't think he's quite cheeky / geeky :)   It's also more fun as all guys hangout more comfortable than with a female guest since you can't really play too rough like just the guys themselves.

170919 The Dumb and Dumber of Deukryangdo? .. ‘Three meals a Day’, Four guys’ hilarious foolishness

tumblr_inline_ov2yism10q1qcufwd_1280.jpg

Three Meals a Day’ said farewell to Han Jimin and hinted about the new guest Lee Je-hoon.

The 3rd episode of tvN’s ‘Three Meals a Day – Marine Ranch’ that aired on the 18th took 1st place for the same time block in viewer ratings three weeks in a row among all the channels with the record of 9.8% on the AGB Nielsen Korea platform with the peak rating of 12.6%.

The three brothers were very curious about the new guest. After Han Jimin, it’s only natural that they were wishing the guest to be a girl who would come packed with food.

tumblr_inline_ov2zmskJuN1qcufwd_1280.jpg

However, they were greeted by a guy, ‘Lee Je-hoon’. Lee Seojin complained about the peanuts that Lee Je-hoon brought, and Eric greeted him delightfully with “What are you doing here in this hot weather?Yoon Kyunsang, who once said Lee Je-hoon was his role model, greeted him with a smile.

After shaking hands with Lee Seojin, Lee Je-hoon tried to hand him peanuts saying “You said you wanted to eat peanuts…” but Lee Seojin said “These are not the peanuts we said we wanted. We wanted peeled peanuts” to which Lee Je-hoon responded “I will peel them.” Eric responded with“Ok, you can unpack your stuffs and peel them in the corner” and made everyone laugh

The four guys became friends very quickly after their initial awkward encounter. Because they were all guys, Lee Seojin, Yoon Kyunsang, Eric and Lee Je-hoon enjoyed playing in the ocean with no restrictions and slowly became the four brothers with cute quarrels and bromance.

tumblr_inline_ov2zqxDzaN1qcufwd_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ov2zrcFFMf1qcufwd_1280.jpg

Regarding this episode, Kim Daejoo writer mentioned in the interview with OSEN that “Lee Seojin, Eric, Yoon Kyunsang do not have any special connections with Lee Je-hoon before. That’s why I thought it would be even more fun. Lee Je-hoon is a nice guy. Everyone was disappointed because he was the guy that came after the female guest Han Jimin but everyone became close so fast.

“Four foolish brothers”, he said without hesitation when asked what this episode was about.  Writer Kim continued, “There are things that guys do when there are only guys around. It was so hot so we had them play in the water and they were playing recklessly. Please anticipate about four guys’ foolish funny actions.”

This is also what we could see in the preview shown at the end of the last episode. Lee Je-hoon and his mean stepmother Lee Seojin. Eric’s upgraded food and loving Yoon Kyunsang. This brotherly love will be featured in the next episode.

tumblr_inline_ov2yy02LUc1qcufwd_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ov2yyfw3iT1qcufwd_1280.jpg

The summer survival by the three brothers and the guest Lee Je-hoon coming after Han Jimin will air this Friday at 9:50PM.

Source: OSEN, News1
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

170819 Even the Extreme Heat Wave Couldn’t Stop Shinhwa’s Eric’s Passion for Cooking, 170,000-wons ‘Octopus Rabokki’

tumblr_inline_ov2s13MDOh1qcufwd_1280.jpg

Even the extreme 39-degree-celcius heat could not stop Chef Eric’s passion.

tvN’s ‘Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village 4’ that started airing since the 4th of August is a ‘Marine Ranch’ edition. Getting paid 2000 Won per bottle by the production team, the three brothers of Deukryangdo Lee Seojin, Eric and Yoon Kyunsang run a ranch by the ocean and produce goat milk bottles from the Jackson family to donate to the people in town as gratitude gesture for letting them to film there.

This was an attempt by the production team to show something different from the last season but unexpectedly brought upon a butterfly effect. The menu from the three brothers of Deukryangdo has become richer and more plentiful as the town’s people bring groceries and side dishes as thanks for the goat milk.

Eric’s cooking has been upgraded because of this. From the first menu on the first day with Bibim noodles, to brazier-roasted Samgyupsal, Haeshin-tang, Eggplant soybean paste rice, and octopus Rabokki, he is making menu that is both visually appealing and delicious every episode. Viewers are salivating when they see Eric’s menus in ‘Three Meals a Day’. The newlywed Eric’s cooking on Deukryangdo in ‘Three Meals a Day’ is still rich and fancy.

Due to the extremely hot weather, the show has become ‘Two Meals a Day’ but Eric’s cooking has evolved and his speed has also got faster. The production team said “Now it takes 2 hours instead of 4 hours.

tumblr_inline_ov2s8ceItS1qcufwd_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ov2u48uI8K1qcufwd_1280.jpg

Broadcasted on August 18th, upon their return to the island of Deukryangdo, the three brothers were hit hard by the extreme heat wave of 39 degrees Celsius. Lee Seojin said “Let’s postpone the filming” and Yoon Kyunsang said “Even the army doesn’t train in this kind of hot weather.” In this extremely hot weather where you start sweating even if you are sitting still, Eric made noodles with summer kimchi as the first meal of the day. This is the kimchi that Eric and Han Jimin made before they left the island. She even sent a message to Yoon Kyunsang asking if the kimchi has fermented well.

The three brothers chose to play in the water as there was only an old electric fan on Deukryangdo. Lee Seojin drove the boat out to the ocean with the others and enjoyed swimming and fishing. They were lucky enough to catch an octopus in the fish trap.

After getting back home, Eric started making a masterpiece using the octopus. It was the ‘Octopus Rabokki’ which is a Rabokki crowned with an un-sliced, deep-fried octopus on top (t/n: Rabokki is street food, a type of Tteokbokki with added ramyeon noodles). He heated up the oil very hot to fry the octopus in the extreme hot weather. It was a display of his passion for cooking.

On top of this, Eric even went through the trouble of stir-frying the anchovies to create seasoning for the Rabokki. In response to Na PD asking “Isn’t Rabokki supposed to be a snack that is simple to cook?”  Eric explained his reason for making his own seasoning: “The taste of Tteokbokki entirely depends on the sauce, and I am making this dish with a wild octopus.” He said it’s a waste to use MSG with a rare wild octopus from Deukryangdo.

The fried octopus was reborn as an ‘Octopus Rabokki’ for the noodle-lover Lee Seojin. Na Youngsuk PD highly praised this beautiful-looking menu “This is a 170,000-won Rabokki.” Lee Seojin and Yoon Kyunsang were amazed by the taste. It felt like the ‘Octopus Rabokki’ was worth a lot more than 170,000-won as it made the three brothers so happy.

tumblr_inline_ov2n9brnd01qcufwd_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ov2s4u9RuE1qcufwd_1280.jpg

The production team has given the three brothers a fridge and a brazier to add more varieties to the show. There will be new dishes made by using the brazier so the viewers are anticipated the return of Seojini the master baker.

Although the focus has been on the guests Han Jimin and Lee Je-hoon, the menus from the Deukryangdo three brothers are interesting as ever. This is why we are anticipate Chef Eric’s delicious menus each episode. Guests are guests. Eric’s menus keep evolving.

Source: Newsen, OSEN
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

Archived