[Mainland Chinese Movie 2016] A Round Trip to Love 双程

shuwei

photoshoot bts. wow they're so easy on the eyes...i could just look at their faces forever

Spoiler

funnily, both xiaocai (huang jingxiang) and yi shuai are both cosplayers. they have done bl cosplays together...

Spoiler

73029e61gw1f7yntp757wj20xb0qoqcq.jpg

73029e61gw1f7yntsepi0j20qo12vdp0.jpg

imo chinese cosplayers have such a specific look. they sure are beautiful, but they don't look real lol. i remember a lot people weren't happy with the casting when it was first announced bc they thought xiaocai didn't fit xiaochen but lan lin really likes xiaocai. they even went to an anime convention together lol

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, izziehudson said:

Just watched this after recommendation from a good friend, love love love it! Didn't know Huang Jingxiang is also a top cosplayer o_o 

Wow the novel seems pretty messy (simply put, the movie version is the waaaaay MILDER version) - I have to read this novel!

Hmmm Gao Taiyu is a babe. So good looking, he gives me Aaron Yan vibes... HJX's facial features are great too, loved his videos on Weibo!

Can't wait for Part 2 ^.^

Izzie , Glad to see you there ~~!!! :blush:

Lan Lin's Novels killing me recently , By the way , Im trying to mapping all the novels of her by English, I all ready have the map of my language but I can't find all of the name by English because of novel not translating yet.... how can you find English translating Novels izzie ????? :bawling:

15 hours ago, Yuki Wen said:

Izzie , Glad to see you there ~~!!! :blush:

Lan Lin's Novels killing me recently , By the way , Im trying to mapping all the novels of her by English, I all ready have the map of my language but I can't find all of the name by English because of novel not translating yet.... how can you find English translating Novels izzie ????? :bawling:

Yukiiiiii :heart: I read the translated novel for A Round Trip to Love on Wattpad by acupofmemory ! I am not sure if you can find other Lan Lin's novels there, but you can try searching for English titles of each of her novels in the "search" bar of the app maybe? :D 

I'll try to look for the novels there and tag you once you have a Wattpad account, my username there is izziehudson too just like on Soompi :D 

10 hours ago, izziehudson said:

Yukiiiiii :heart: I read the translated novel for A Round Trip to Love on Wattpad by acupofmemory ! I am not sure if you can find other Lan Lin's novels there, but you can try searching for English titles of each of her novels in the "search" bar of the app maybe? :D 

I'll try to look for the novels there and tag you once you have a Wattpad account, my username there is izziehudson too just like on Soompi :D 

Haha~~ I just followed you in Wattpad Izzie~~~ this you finished this novel? The end of A round trip to love novel is not the end yet, if yoi want to read the ending I think Pandora's Box and Love Late ( Late for love ) is the one who have the end of their story ~ I'm now reading the Uncontrolled Love .  By the way~ tomorrow they release the part 2~ can't wait ah~

1 hour ago, Yuki Wen said:

Haha~~ I just followed you in Wattpad Izzie~~~ this you finished this novel? The end of A round trip to love novel is not the end yet, if yoi want to read the ending I think Pandora's Box and Love Late ( Late for love ) is the one who have the end of their story ~ I'm now reading the Uncontrolled Love .  By the way~ tomorrow they release the part 2~ can't wait ah~

I saw another account (ShaoYeLoveBL) who translated this novel till Vol2 Ch7 :D 

I will! I really like Lan Lin's writing style! I will definitely read more of her works... I wish I can understand Chinese fully~ *sigh* 

I read Uncontrolled Love too (translated by AnneNoh) :P yup yup cannot wait for Part 2~~!

Hehe the wonders of understanding a second language is that I don't need to wait for english translations xD

The ending...had me in stitches AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH 

they argue about the most trivial thing...well trivial to me but a threat to masculinity *coughs*

20 hours ago, izziehudson said:

I saw another account (ShaoYeLoveBL) who translated this novel till Vol2 Ch7 :D 

I will! I really like Lan Lin's writing style! I will definitely read more of her works... I wish I can understand Chinese fully~ *sigh* 

I read Uncontrolled Love too (translated by AnneNoh) :P yup yup cannot wait for Part 2~~!

Omg~ Iam watching Part 2 right now and remember you, so I have to go to Soompi to reply you. Hahaa~ Izzie Part2 so amazing, by the way , Izzie read her novels, My friend no one read her novels, I don't have any friend to discussing about the stories~~~~~ hahaa

15 hours ago, Yuki Wen said:

Omg~ Iam watching Part 2 right now and remember you, so I have to go to Soompi to reply you. Hahaa~ Izzie Part2 so amazing, by the way , Izzie read her novels, My friend no one read her novels, I don't have any friend to discussing about the stories~~~~~ hahaa

I just saw someone uploading the fully English subbed Part 2 on YouTube, I'll watch it during lunch break at work today ^_^ I am definitely reading her novels~!!

7 hours ago, izziehudson said:

I just saw someone uploading the fully English subbed Part 2 on YouTube, I'll watch it during lunch break at work today ^_^ I am definitely reading her novels~!!

Izzie did you watched the Part 2????? OMG ~~~ Im definitely DEATH..... Anyway, Im reading Lan Lin Novels, I just feel like Lan Jing ( son of YiChen young brother ) is the main character in the whole series. he appear all of the novels , each new one he love another person :w00t::w00t:

my thoughts on part 2 + gifs

1. first of all, thank all the holy beings that they mangaged to retain so much of risque scenes!! lan lin said on weibo that no scenes was cut bc they compromised to take down the movie early and cut short their profits just to have the completely version. i give this film crew ALL the props for their artistic integrity; a round trip to love would not have been a round trip to love without those scenes lol

Spoiler

2. i would rate the aesthetics 120% for this movie. its so damn pretty i wanna cry. the ost was on point this time, cinematography was even better, the sets are impressive...lu feng's house, company, yacht, helicopter, you name it, and i like even the little props like that pyramid case for xiaochen's ring. i especially like the transitions between all the torture scenes lol.

they pushed as far as they could with stimulating sex. there was never a direct kiss scene but wow lu feng is a serious biter...that bathtub scene is art

005PyLqmgw1f892fjnm9tg30px0asnpv.gif

cr.

and now i understand why they wore so many bathrobes: it's easy access.

005PyLqmgw1f892g4gspeg30ql0awkk2.gif

you can show the lifting up the robe motion from behind without revealing much but implying so much at the same time...the director knows her stuff :)))

water is such a big part of lu feng's torture methods??

005PyLqmgw1f892gp4mw7g30q50aq4r6.gif

the only thing that had me laughing inappropriately was their collared shirts + tiny shorts/underwear in the pool scene lmao

3. gao taiyu is a GOD!! i'm think i'm in love lol. he's everything i wanted to see in lu feng and more: so crazy and twisted but so beautiful and sad at the same time. the scene where drugged xiaochen gave me goosebumps, yikes

005PyLqmgw1f874vigplcg30b4069kjo.gif

005PyLqmgw1f892l89qz5g30q00ay1le.gif

but then scene right after when he woke up frantically from his dream and breathed a sigh of relief when he saw xiaochen...man, i felt things :((( i had nothing but contempt for lu feng during the torture saga in the novel, bc the novel is only written in 1st person from xiaochen's pov, but the movie provides such a different experience. overall, expanding lu feng's pov and gao taiyu's casting are the movie's biggest successes

this scene is also peak psychopath :))

005PyLqmgw1f88tj8v3auj31be0qo784.jpg

4. some changes i didn't like: i didn't think lu feng getting hit by a car was necessary lol. it was overly dramatic, and out of character for xiaochen to bail on lu feng like that if lu feng was hospitalized (in the novel, lu feng went abroad and that was when xiaochen bailed on him)

about the ending...i like the addition of the presscon but i didn't think lu feng's helicopter accident was necessary either (although his resigned expression while calling out "xiaochen" made me feel again...gdi gao taiyu why are you doing this to me...)

005PyLqmgw1f892iulbitg30pz0are8i.gif

i would have preferred for it to end with just xiaochen waking up while lu feng is in the room aka the original ending of book 2 in the novel. but i know why they did that: they aren't going to make anymore sequels so they just nipped off lu feng lol

if i had to compare, it's true that the movie wasn't able to convey the full spectrum of emotions between the 2 main characters. it just kind of skims the surface, so xiaochen's line "i lost everything because i love you" didn't cut me as deep as it did in novel. the movie format is just too limited. BUT i think it's also bc of this format that i was able to see such good production value in terms of visuals and acting. so overall, i'm satisfied with with this movie and would rewatch to experience the beauty again~

a round trip to love's weibo is going to start uploading weekly interview videos as well...i wonder how many vids they have in their vault bc i doubt the actors can film new ones being as busy as they are

ngl they both seem like the awkward serious type lol. and xiaocai's voice is so nasally in a cute way

i also really like the osts but i couldn't find the mp3 so i just ripped it from youtube for download

li jiage - degenerate

Spoiler

the lyrics are so perfect for the story. the melody also have that 'dark feeling' like it could be a 50 shades of gray ost, which i love. gao taiyu had his own version of this song that they used for the bathtub scene and i definitely waiting for that release

turning in a circle, drawing a circle
trapped inside a nightmare, unable to escape from the darkness
his silhouette, his hair, his promises
they're now worthless

let him go, let him go to the other side
cutting off, cutting off his gaze

turns out we don't need to meet again
don't need to change the dangers lurking behind these desires
we truly don't need to meet again, don't need to remember your face
i want to take my dignity and leave this world of yours behind
no more expectations, no more resentment
falling

shang hao - if

Spoiler

when i first heard it in the movie i thought it was a cover bc it sounded so familiar but its actually ost! the lyrics are also fitting...

gao taiyu & huang jingxiang - you said

Spoiler

for some reason they didn't have the chance to use this in the movie? it's the kind of sweet song that would have fitted really well with part 1

the bts ver mv is really cute. i cannot stop gawking at xiaocai in these vids....he ooks with dark hair??? i still don't understand the decision to let him have blond hair in the movie, ugh. that was a big pet peeve bc it doens't suit xiaochen's character at all to have dyed blond hair. at some point (like it the posters) it was even this terrible 2 tone dye job...but i digress, sigh

On 29/09/2016 at 5:10 PM, Yuki Wen said:

Izzie did you watched the Part 2????? OMG ~~~ Im definitely DEATH..... Anyway, Im reading Lan Lin Novels, I just feel like Lan Jing ( son of YiChen young brother ) is the main character in the whole series. he appear all of the novels , each new one he love another person :w00t::w00t:

I did T^T Is it bad that I actually feel really sorry for Lu Feng? I know he seems kinda cruel in the novel but he really sacrificed a lot of things... so sad! The part where the mother died made me laugh a little though :P hahahahaha! It's hard to find English translation for all Lan Lin novels, I will try to look for other options... or maybe just get a Chinese friend addicted to her novels so they can translate for me hehe

p.s. Thanks @shuwei for all the updates! ^.^

31 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

@shuwei isn't there meant to be a part 3? or at least that's what I'm getting from the Baidu page? 

where specifically does it talk about part 3 on that page? bc i don't see anything other than a wikipedia style description of the film

2 hours ago, shuwei said:

where specifically does it talk about part 3 on that page? bc i don't see anything other than a wikipedia style description of the film

The little numbers in blue under the ending state the number of episodes/parts that a movie/drama has on each description page. For e.g. if you search 微微一笑很倾城 it will say 中国内地 l 30集 or if you search 识汝不识丁it will say 中国内地 l 12. In the case of a movie, sometimes it will state run time / number of parts like for 不可抗力之男仆的秘密 with 75分钟. Although I haven't seen any official news so that's just my guess, but I'm fairly sure that the story hasn't finished if it ends with just movie 2? Unless they planned to remove the real ending (or I've just been reading the wrong story...)

Archived