[Drama 2016/2017] Night Light 불야성

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, anopinion said:

YG model Lee Ho-jung will be taking up her first TV role in MBC's Night Light. 
Source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000657124

All the female actors for this drama are really tall...

Yeah, the ice queen SYK might be taller than her bodyguard if she wears heels.  Both Jin Goo and the bodyguard are only at 178 cm tall.  Poor them.

I’m anxiously waiting for more BTS pics and the script reading ones too.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's quiet in this thread. Drama is aired in mid-Nov, the filming must get busier and busier soon. I hope more BTS is leaked.

Though it's too early for any speculation, I wonder whether LYW and Jin-goo ends up together by the end of the drama? (their characters, I meant :sweatingbullets: )
They were in passionate love in the past, but seems when it comes to power and money, they are rivals. And from the characters description, they are not not anywhere near sweethearts at all. :lol:
LYW and Jin-goo in real life are at same age, and both married with kids. It reminds me a lot of Empire of Gold which is also abt business battle; and the leads Go-soo and LYW are in same family status. Those who watched EOG, know perfectly the irritation of seeing heck of visuals walking around with sexual tension but there was absolutely no romance there. :mellow:

Is there any scary possibility that this drama would be EOG version 2.0... ?

lol .. EoG version 2.0 :lol:

But yes , please do not make this Drama like EoG..

I can still feel how my dissatisfaction at that time .. physical compatibility and the atmosphere looks very supportive .. but what is happening is very makes me broken. .  why the early story ideas that have been published before, suddenly changed ..

maybe they intend to make an unexpected end. but ended up making the whole LYW & GS shipper falling on misery . This is because they have put great confidence in the pair and supported by synopses write the same thing in almost all web are discussing the drama EOG. lol

really do not let this happen again. 

Probably not, they wouldn’t follow what happened in EOG. 

It is most likely we will see how PGW falls in love with SYK in his early days, at least.  I recently saw some pics of him playing a guitar, possibly in his younger self.  I’m almost certain his affection for her is still there after 12 years later when he meets her again.  However, he could have some resentment towards her for the reason she might have left him all of suddenly in the past.  It is expected as it was his dream love for her, but it didn’t come to fruition as he wished.

It would be very interesting when they encounter once again in the present time.  He could have love-hate relationship with her.  Intriguing to see how she can handle him if that’s the case.

13 hours ago, QSD said:

recently saw some pics of him playing a guitar, possibly in his younger self.

Those are of him practising for his own concert (feature) though. At least we know he has some background in music, and so it's possible that they are going to act as their younger selves as well. Not sure how that'll work out since they are in their mid-thirties... Anyway, I'm sorta disappointed with JG's hair. Never liked the fringe/bangs on him :( 

Here's another insta pic:

Didn’t know he could sing too. It's good for his role in Night Light then as he has passion in music.  What a coincidence when I see him playing a guitar so I thought it was for the drama.

Anyway… maybe the bangs are just to make him looking younger in the mid 20’s which is around 12 years apart to the present time.

On 10/7/2016 at 9:21 AM, vaiduakhu said:

LYW and Jin-goo in real life are at same age, and both married with kids. It reminds me a lot of Empire of Gold which is also abt business battle; and the leads Go-soo and LYW are in same family status. Those who watched EOG, know perfectly the irritation of seeing heck of visuals walking around with sexual tension but there was absolutely no romance there. :mellow:

Is there any scary possibility that this drama would be EOG version 2.0... ?

The pairing here a bit unusual, both married with kids even they had 3 and 2 (soon). Hahhaaa.... On the top of that, there is UEE? Than who is the female lead? Uee never played as second-role since You Are Beautiful, right? But its okay lets see....

Yes, I know how frustrated you are. LYW and Goo Soo played as husband-wife in EoG, they even shared a same room and bed. But, wth not even a finger touch ever happened. EoG written by Park Kyung-soo - all his dramas didn't have romance at all (and/or romance never be as its focus). As for Night Light will be written by Han Ji-hoon. I watched several dramas of him - Temptation and Last. Temptation is annoying drama for me (but I still followed until the end, hahahaaha...), the characters just so so.... And Last - eventhough in a war love still happened. So, EoG 2.0 ? I don't think so... (and/or I hope) since the writer's character seem not like this. But there is a same factor for all LYW's dramas - Female strong character - I like it. Queen seondeok, 49days and Ms temper and Nam Jung-gi. Lets wait next month....!

1 hour ago, Mayyes said:

The pairing here a bit unusual, both married with kids even they had 3 and 2 (soon). Hahhaaa.... On the top of that, there is UEE? Than who is the female lead? Uee never played as second-role since You Are Beautiful, right? But its okay lets see....

The whole situation is quite interesting. You would generally expect the leads' casting news to be released first so we all thought that UEE will be the main lead of the drama. Then it so happened that LYW came into the picture. UEE may have never played a second lead role since YAB (I'm taking your word for it!) but LYW has been a primetime female lead since more than a decade ago (and she has also personally stated a preference for female centric dramas). On top of that, as I mentioned, LYW has been top-billed for all of the news articles. I will put my bet on LYW at the moment, but it's really just a guess. However, as I said before, this is definitely a female centric drama so we can expect a lot of screen time from both of them. I mean, JG's first shoot was 3 days later than both the female leads.

The casting news of this drama is quite interesting, indeed.  I have a question… is it generally the lead who would release the confirmation first?

It’s mind boggling if it isn’t the case for LYW.  The story sounds very much surrounding her.  Who has a hero loves her, a bodyguard to protect her and a mentee which later becoming her rivalry.

19 hours ago, QSD said:

Even with magnifying glasses I still can’t tell if that’s Yowon, but it’s tagging her name along.

The height isn't right so I don't think it's her. Probably just her trio of assistants huddling due to the cold ;)

12 hours ago, QSD said:

They are really going to Japan to film.  Both Yowon and Jin Goo will leave on this Sunday, the 16th  to Fukuoka.  It seems the producers are willing to spend quite expenses on this.  Good.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110514135

My main gripe is that... our two leads may be too old to play their younger selves. Lol :D

I think as long as they look like younger adults they will be fine.  The power of makeup, hairstyle, clothe, and lightning effects can do great magic to the appearance.  For example, I thought she was amazing as a high school student in 49 Days even when she was 31 at the time in 2011.  And most recently, it’s out of this world that she can be a Sailor Moon as well.   It’s beyond words to how she could pull it off convincingly.

2084248406_9f85f378-2_zpsu0ojptqb.jpg~or

There she is...

2 minutes ago, QSD said:

I think as long as they look like younger adults they will be fine.  The power of makeup, hairstyle, clothe, and lightning effects can do great magic to the appearance.  For example, I thought she was amazing as a high school student in 49 Days even when she was 31 at the time in 2011.  And most recently, it’s out of this world that she can be a Sailor Moon as well.   It’s beyond words to how she could pull it off convincingly.

So not just me :crazy:

I support her to act as young herself, because i miss her cute innocent image, recently we always see her as cool, tough women.

Tada...turn her as 2004 image is easy because we know the diferent style over 10 a go for the cloths style, hair and enviroment is quite same except the phone style ...

Can't Wait the teaser out  ...

Archived