[Drama 2016/2017] Night Light 불야성

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, vaiduakhu said:

Hi @Go Seung Ji just wanna ask Jin Goo is yet to confirm? I just realized his name is not on the thread title any more... I thought he was the first to confirm among the cast.

Thank you for starting this thread! :)

Both Jin Goo and Uee have just confirmed today.  Yowon and Jin Goo are lovers.  They have a hot romance.  Really?  OK just wait for the translation for this hot news guys.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110499299

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seem my prediction get close, uri YW is the ones who made the story upsidedown. :P..he love her but she more interest in work, desire to be sucsseful busines women blind her eyes the cost she must pay is  lost him.....:phew:...this is just what i have in mind....the real story is not yet clear, wish this full of twirl and twist, good dialog and spectaculer show...."night light"..i have big expection about this drama...:glasses:

@Go Seung Ji and @QSD thanks for good news. Finally, the main cast is formed... the story sounds like 3 of them are all leads. 

@mujay yeah yeah, you are right abt the romance, daebak!!! Haha, in LYW thread, I also joked abt Jin Goo - LYW love-line (just because they are same age in real life), and UEE is the third wheel... but it's probably true, guys :lol:

Just my random thought... if above article abt drama story is true, it's a little bit lame to me. It's like Empire of Gold version 2.0 with romance adding (the writer learns from EOG's writer's mistake, maybe :P ); and UEE is Go-soo's version in EOG. 

Sincerely wish the drama proves me otherwise. Story is not official yet, and like LYW said:

4 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

There are many things I need to study because the content is not quite light,...

the drama surely has much more things to offer us. :)

:blush:@QSD, @vaiduahku,  surerely the story is  quite common but look from our queen take this role this drama kinda heavy and full of sub plot. the Man with wounded heart is unpridictable, he can be savior or daddy long leg or turn to be Nemesis, since the third women is ambitious and want climbing as high as our queen..can a be this drama little bit dark and full of betrayal..hope the writer show lively and intelgent, dialog and plot. So how kind of women SYK..? Seem she is mischevious...she have everything in her life..why she abandon her happyness...? Should be she sick and uncurable..?....or she or somebody close to her commited a crime..a debt...or obey the elder will like CSY..?..or either non just because miss undestanding they are a part...would'll be the reason behind their sparation is the mine plot.  ...swing...swing....i had many idea..but let's the writer surprised us with his writen skill....oopss november...fast coming....B)

3 minutes ago, QSD said:

I think there will be betrayal.  The love line probably not be as rosy as in the typical rom-com.  It could be tragic in this kind of story.  It’s not a lighthearted drama that’s for sure.

Yup....honestly we didn't see LYW act as lovely women who faal in love ever since.....i wish she will show us how she act like women in love again before she turn be cold and strict like always...last show her deeply in love is So Yi Kyung too but in 49days....miss her loving expression....

@mujay @QSD so, you guys think the romance in this drama is... bloody? :lol: haha

This is the summary: LYW crushed Jin-goo's heart to pursue business (here I doubt LYW benefits from the relationship with him to climb to power and money because he's son of a big family). After that, Jin-goo comes back and sees LYW in high status now. So, he plans to make LYW pay for his broken heart. Meanwhile, UEE's ambition is to take over LYW's position. Jin-goo uses or lets UEE take advantage of him, just to revenge LYW. 

Okay... I'm more excited now... :D

Okay, got a little bit more information on the synopsis from 

Baidu Lee Yo-won
News cr. 일간스포츠
Translation: Audrey
Link: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4790593577

Please quote the above when referencing this, as per the requirements of the original translator. Also reference me as the English translator, in case there are any errors on my side. The following is a stripped down EN translation, and my comments are in italics (so please omit).

----------

Night Light is a drama which describes the struggles of one man and two woman in their climb to the zenith of power. It depicts their desires to become the owner of the fires of ambition in this sleepless city. (Note that the literal translation of Night Light is Sleepless City.)

Lee Yo-won acts as Seo Yi-kyung, a woman who is both calm and passionate, and the epitome of greed. Jin Goo portrays the man who loves her, Park Gun-woo. And finally UEE acts as Lee Se-jin, someone who is desperate to climb up the social ladder to become like Seo Yi-kyung. The drama is expected to capture the viewers' attention through realistic depiction of people's desire for power. (I definitely see the Mishil and Deokman comparisons, but I don't really feel like heightening expectations, because the drama sounds so damn good already.)

Seo Yi-kyung is an extremely ambitious woman who is rooted in her belief that greed is not a sin. Contrary to her appearance, she is a cold-blooded ice queen who brings Lee Se-jin to the world of greed. Her passionate romance with Park Gun-woo and titillating "womance" with Lee Se-jin is bound to bring to viewers two very different kinds of excitement.

Park Gun-woo is a man born with a silver spoon, the heir of Mu-jin Group. He is attractive, logical, pragmatic and charmingly social. But even though he has everything, he still flies to Japan to pursue his love for music. It is there where he meets Seo Yi-kyung. He once believed in love, but after he awakes from this dream of love, he returns to Mu-jin group and becomes the core of its management.

Lee Se-jin is someone who aspires to be like Seo Yi-kyung. She is desperate to climb out of her social class. With her appealing looks, she has a unique classy charm to her like a beloved daughter from a chaebol family. But she was born poor. As she pursues her dreams, she meets Seo Yi-kyung who changes her life. Mesmerized by Seo Yi-kyung's aura, she jumps into the flames of greed.

----------

This is the best I can do. There are still some parts on the cast's thoughts on the project but it's sort of awkward for me to translate. So please read on from the original link. If you can.

Thanks so much for the translation.  The story sounds so interesting already, indeed.  Wow, so Yi-kyung is the one who leads Se-jin to the taste of power.  Hope she doesn’t share her love interest to Se-jin though.

2 hours ago, QSD said:

Thanks so much for the translation.  The story sounds so interesting already, indeed.  Wow, so Yi-kyung is the one who leads Se-jin to the taste of power.  Hope she doesn’t share her love interest to Se-jin though.

In other related news, the billing of the female leads is not confirmed. LYW is headlining all the news articles though it may just be a seniority thing. There are also reports surfacing that this is a two-top drama. In any case, it's female centric so HURRAY!!!

45 minutes ago, anopinion said:

In other related news, the billing of the female leads are not confirmed. LYW is headlining all the news articles though it may just be a seniority thing. There are also reports surfacing that this is a two-top drama. In any case, it's female centric so HURRAY!!!

In dramaland as far i know rare to see 'womance' as great as 'bromance', ©anopinion, summary little bit shaken me...lol..SYK and LSJ, relationship is senior-junior, director-secretary,friendnemy or...hick...could be ..?:vicx: ouh...someone can tell me where is i can faind a 'womance'.lol..in k.drama...oh i recall the unforgetable is gil ra im & her roommate [i forgot the name character but the actress is YIN] in Secret garden, another example..??:confused: the story is thrlling me now...

23 minutes ago, mujay said:

In dramaland as far i know rare to see 'womance' as great as 'bromance', ©anopinion, summary little bit shaken me...lol..SYK and LSJ, relationship is senior-junior, director-secretary,friendnemy or...hick...could be ..?:vicx: ouh...someone can tell me where is i can faind a 'womance'.lol..in k.drama...oh i recall the unforgetable is gil ra im & her roommate [i forgot the name character but the actress is YIN] in Secret garden, another example..??:confused: the story is thrlling me now...

It's a frenemy + mentor-student kind of relationship I think, don't take "mesmerized by Seo Yi-kyung's aura" too literally. It's just LSJ wanting to be like SYK.

Archived