Go Seung Ji

MBC Presents 

Night Light 불야성

Director

Lee Jae Dong

(The Spring Day of My Life, I Miss You)

Writer

Han Ji Hoon

(Last, Temptation, Time Between Dog and Wolf)

Episodes: 20 

Broadcast Period

2016-Nov-21 to 2017-Jan-24, Monday & Tuesday 22:00

About the Show

This is a drama depicts the intense and fierce fight which those greedy citizens, in the city that never sleeps, collide with each other in order to become the owner of the most splendid luring lights: money and power.

Park Gun Woo (Jin Goo), the handsome and smart successor of the large corporation Moojin goes to Japan, in order to pursue his dreams of a musician. In Japan he meets Seo Yi Kyung (Lee Yo Won) and falls in love with her. But after his heart was broken, he returns to Korea and starts to work at Moojin. 12 years later, he meets Seo Yi Kyung again, she is now a cold-blooded businesswoman with wealth and determination. At the same time he meets Lee Se Jin (Uee), who was born to a poor family, but is now highly ambitious. Seo Yi Kyung and Lee Se Jin strike up a challenge for success and love.

Production Information

"Night Light" takes over MBC's Monday & Tuesday 20:00 time slot previously occupied by "Woman with a Suitcase."

First script reading took place September 27, 2016 at MBC Broadcasting Station in Sangam, South Korea.

Cast of Characters

Cast

Lee Yo Won as Seo Yi Kyung

Jin Goo as Park Gun Woo

Uee as Lee Se Jin

S Finance

Choi Il Hwa as Seo Bong Soo
Choi Min as Jo Seong Mook
Shim Yi Young as Kim Jak Ga
Jung Hae In as Tak

Lee Se Jin’s Family

Yoon Bok In as Kim Hwa sook
Kim Go Eun (김고은) as Shin Song Mi

Muzin Group

Jung Han Yong as Park Moo Il
Lee Jae Yong as Park Moo Sam
Nam Ki Ae as Moon Hee Jung

Tianjin Finance

Jun Gook Hwan as Son Kyu Seong
Park Sun Woo as Song Yi Tae
Lee Ho Jung as Son Ma Ri

BaekSong Foundation

Jung Dong Hwan as Jang Tae Jun
Song Young Kyu as Nam Jong Kyu

Others

Oh Jung Se

Source: Asianwiki | Dramawiki |  Koreandrama

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, seems Lee Yo Won confirmed the role. 
This post is from LYW's thread, credit to @anopinion, I just copy here: 

[단독] 이요원, MBC '불야성' 합류…6개월 만에 안방복귀
[Exclusive] Lee Yo-won join's MBC's 'Night Light', comeback after 6 months

20160812_1470986766_45039900_1_99_20160913185111.jpg?type=w540

Comments:

1. [+2000, -143] It can't be that the main lead is UEE and Lee Yo-won is the sub??? UEE's acting skills pales in comparison to Lee Yo-won's...

2. [+1067, -37] Queen Seondeok , Bong Dal-hee, 49 days ㅇㅇ

3. [+1041, -44] Lee Yo-won has to be playing the villain. A bad actor will have no presence playing the villain.

4. [+663, -23] Deokman ah........

5. [+349, -23] We haven't come to the point where Lee Yo-won should be playing a secondary lead to UEE.....

Cr. TV Report, Naver
Source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000907378

//unquote//

I'm in for this drama. Always wish LYW will play bitchy villains one day, and finally my wish comes true. I can't be more satisfied :lol:

23 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Hello, seems Lee Yo Won confirmed the role. 

Just clarifying, she did not confirm the role. This is the first segment of the typical Casted -> Denial -> Confirmation thing that all actors/their agencies do. Personally, I'm of the opinion that there is a relatively high chance (as compared to other casting rumours) that she will not be doing this.

38 minutes ago, anopinion said:

Just clarifying, she did not confirm the role. This is the first segment of the typical Casted -> Denial -> Confirmation thing that all actors/their agencies do. Personally, I'm of the opinion that there is a relatively high chance (as compared to other casting rumours) that she will not be doing this.

I knew, thanks for clarifying... From my little experience in Korean drama land, if rumour spreads around like this, it's abt 90% confirmed. Hope so... we LYW fan are desperate for her come-back. :lol:

If this story will have two female as their leads then I hope that the other one will not be Uee. Uee is a good idol actress but she is not in the same level as Lee Yo Won. Lee Yo Won needs someone as strong as her in term of acting like Ha Ji Won. Like Goblin, they have Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook as the leads.

Yess, i think this drama  will be like Queen Seon Deok who have Lee Yo Won and Go Hyun Jung as the two leads. Both have the same screentime and story too.

In Night Light, LYW will be the rich, and UEE will be the poor.

It's unique that UEE was young Mishil in QSD and if UEE confirms, they will meet again as rivals. 

When they  want casting idol i choose Nana, who played dani in good wife, she is fresh newbie but, she can nail it the character very well, she have  serious caracter but you can see how she delivery seducing aura on her, my vote for her. Regarding the writer we need trust him.. time betwen dog and wolf is memorable. 

Archived