Ji Jin Hee 지진희 - Upcoming Drama 2021: Undercover

Admin

Guest i.meisee

I was just about to find if there is already a thread for "A man who can't get married" in soompi but looks like there is still none.

I'm excited for JJH's upcoming series! I love his recent works.

And now, I'm about to watch Kekkon Dekinai Otoko. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Javabeans

The Man Who Can’t Get Married script reading and press day

May 6th, 2009 // by javabeans

The Man Who Can’t Get Married [결혼 못하는 남자] is a new KBS series that will replace Story of a Man come June. You may already know that it is based on the popular Japanese drama Kekkon Dekinai Otoko (which means “man who can’t get married”), which aired in 2006

The drama held a script reading–cum–press conference on May 6 at the Yongpyong Selra Resort in Kyeonggi province, attended by its main stars Ji Jin-hee (of Spotlight; isn’t he looking adorable?), Uhm Jung-hwa (Insadong Scandal), and Kim So-eun (Boys Before Flowers).

The strength of the original has the cast admittedly feeling the burden of living up to expectations, as lead actor Ji Jin-hee explains: “Because it was a very popular drama series in Japan, I feel a tremendous amount of pressure. The actor in the original [Abe Hiroshi] was good-looking and comical and acted so perfectly that it’s a burden to live up to. Fortunately, most Koreans haven’t seen it, which is some consolation. In the first part, we’ll be remaking some portions to show character things and there will be a lot of similarities [to the original].”

Ji Jin-hee’s character is described as the type to say exactly what he’s thinking. But he’s not unlikable, because he has a warmth to his character despite it: “He’s good at his job and perfect in everything, but he’s not aware that he’s the outsider. He’s not interested in that. When asked, ‘Why don’t you marry?’ he isn’t stressed out by it at all. He’s the type to say, ‘Why would I ?’ I have to make sure to depict him so he’s not unlikable.”

Uhm Jung-hwa, meanwhile, plays an unmarried 40-year-old dentist. She harbors lingering pain from a failed first love, but she’s described as warm, kind, and competent. Uhm says, “We’re actually the same age, and I feel similarly to her in a lot of ways.” She isn’t like Uhm’s usual characters, however, in that she’s not a trendy or particularly fashionable type, and is more focused on her work.

Kim So-eun jumps from high schooler in Boys Before Flowers to playing older than her age as an office employee in her mid-twenties (Kim is 19) who is a close neighbor to Ji Jin-hee’s character and also comes into an acquaintance with Yoo Ah-in (Yoo Ah-in!) of Antique Bakery. Kim is currently on leave from school (she just started at university not long ago) to act in this project.

The Man Who Can’t Get Married also features Yang Jung-ah (Mom’s Dead Upset) and VJ Dan-ji (I Am Sam). It airs on Mondays and Tuesdays on KBS in June.

Via OSEN, Hankyung, Economy Today

20090506203307009.jpg

Daum

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

The official site for The Man who can't get married is finally up!! You can see the trailer there as well.. :lol:

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/notmarried/index.html

Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Source: DaheeFanel

Getting Meaty For “Married”

by daheefanel on May 29, 2009.

jjhr.jpg

Yes, yet another The Man Who Can’t Get Married post. I know I’m overposting about this upcoming drama, but please bear with me. I’m just anxious to watch it, okay? And not entirely for positive reasons…

Another official still has been released of Ji Jin Hee in character as Jo Jae Hee, eating meat alone at a restaurant. Again, those who’ve seen the J-dorama can probably guess which scene this is based on. Ji Jin Hee’s acting as he slowly cooked and ate the meat was reportedly so hilarious that the entire drama staff burst out laughing, thus causing many NGs.

Ji Jin Hee said about his taking on comedic acting: “I think that, due to my stiff image, I’ll be able to garner laughs even without overdoing it.” He also added: “I want to act like comedian Choi Yang Rak, who, rather than falling over himself, garners laughs by his seriousness in funny situations.”

PD Kim Jung Kyu had this to say about his leading actor: “Ji Jin Hee will transform in a very comedic and new way. And he will not only be comedic, but also very human.”

Well, let’s hope they keep those promises. I’m cautiously becoming a little more optimistic about this drama?

(Via Osen)

Source: Dahee Fanel

Behind the Scenes of “Married”

Posted by daheefanel on May 27, 2009

20090527160816311051.jpg

Some photos of actors Uhm Jung Hwa and Ji Jin Hee filming a scene for their upcoming drama The Man Who Can’t Get Married have been released. Those of you who’ve seen Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, the J-dorama upon which it’s based, can probably wager a guess as to which scene, exactly, they’re filming.

For those who haven’t, or can’t remember: The two actors filmed a scene where their characters meet each other by chance during a tour of Seoul both go on, and end up arguing with each other. Uhm Jung Hwa reportedly got so into character and became so angry that she shocked even Ji Jin Hee.

The drama airs its first episode on June 15.

More pics:

20090527160816311052.jpg

20090527160816311053.jpg

Side Note: Uhm Jung Hwa looks lovely, but Ji Jin Hee’s expression in that last picture worries me. Please, Ji Jin Hee. I beg of you. Do NOT overact for this one!

(Via Asia Kyungjae)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest rhb2009

I've been following HWCM faithfully thus far & I must say that JJH has managed to flesh out an uptight character that seems impossible to develop in a 16 episode drama, into one that is warmer & lovable at just the right points in the story. Kudos to his acting chops! B)

Archived