Ji Jin Hee 지진희 - Upcoming Drama 2021: Undercover

Admin

Guest riehae

I love his cameo in SL. He was so sweet and very oppa to MR/JW. It was a short and funny cameo... but I love how he 'teased' YJT/KCS. Making him jealous and all... :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kim_poeds

start to kno him i'm watching K-drama Spotligt and than Spring day.

I love him in Spotligt because the charater to strong for him.

for now i'm huntting dvd Miss millioner quest.

ohh... JJH cameo to k-drama star lover..

if JJH lead actor in this drama ?

• 3 months later...
Guest kdramafanusa

:):wub:

Source: Dahee Fanel

Ji Jin Hee Cast In New Drama

Posted by daheefanel on April 17, 2009

2009041608121711151.jpg

Ji Jin Hee has been cast as the male lead in the Korean remake of the popular 2006 comedic Japanese dorama “The Man Who Can’t Get Married” (Kekkon Dekinai Otoko). The script is to be written by Yeo Ji Na (9 Innings 2 Outs), and it is set to be directed by PD Kim Jung Kyu (Glorious Inheritance). It will be produced by Apple Tree Pictures.

Ji Jin Hee’s character, Jo Jae Hee, is a stubborn bachelor in his early 40’s who enjoys being alone. He’s an architect who lives alone in a luxurious apartment and enjoys eating and shopping by himself. The drama will chart the character’s gradual change as he learns to open up his heart. The character is always serious, but it is that very seriousness that causes funny situations to emerge.

Meanwhile, Kim So Eun (Boys Before Flowers, Empress Cheonchu) has been cast as Jung Yoo Jin, his energetic next-door neighbour who lives alone with her dog.

The drama is set to air in early June, following the currently airing KBS drama The Slingshot (aka Story Of A Man).

What a pleasant surprise! :) I’ve actually just started watching Kekkon Dekinai Otoko today, and I’m loving it so far. It’s witty, smart, and nicely-acted, and I’m hoping the Korean version will be just as good, if not better. I am a little worried about the PD, but the writer looks decent, and Ji Jin Hee is a good choice. I’m a little iffy on his comic skills, and I wonder if he has enough charisma to pull off a character like this. Still, he’s a good actor, and I have high hopes for him. As for Kim So Eun, I’ve heard good things about her acting, and I kinda liked her in the little that I saw of her in Boys Before Flowers - not that she had much of a chance there to show her skills or anything.

Crossing my fingers that the rest of the casting will go well…

ETA: Yang Jeong Ah has also been cast! :)

(Via Chosun News and Chosun News)

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: KPculture

Ji Jin Hee & Kim So Eun to Play Neighbours

2009 April 16

by KP

blogf.jpg

Actors Ji Jin Hee (Spotlight) and Kim So Eun (Boys Over Flowers) have just been confirmed to star in an upcoming KBS drama. The Man Who Can’t Get Married (결혼 못하는 남자) is a Korean adaptation of the 2006 hit Japanese drama of the same name (Kekkon Dekinai Otoko / 結婚できない男). Yeo Ji Na wrote the script, Kim Jung Kyu is directing, and Apple Tree Productions is producing the comedic drama of how a stubborn bachelor who likes being alone gradually begins to open his heart.

Cho Jae Hee (Ji Jin Hee) is an architect in his early forties, who lives alone in a great apartment and likes to eat alone and shop alone. He has a unique personality and enjoys doing whatever he wants to do. Although he does everything in a serious manner, his actions unintentionally create hilarious situations.

Jung Yoo Jin (Kim So Eun) is Choi Jae Hee’s neighbour - an independent, positive, good woman in her twenties. She is very beautiful and smart. Due to financial difficulties, she is living with a dog in an apartment that her relatives lent her.

The two have funny encounters with each other and establish a relationship.

The Man Who Can’t Get Married is set to take over Monday and Tuesday nights following the completion of The Slingshot (a.k.a. Story of a Man) in June.

Guest ys_jen

Thanks for posting the news! :)

Obviously we can't say anything until we've actually seen JJH's acting in the drama, but I think we can keep our hopes up because this is exactly the kind of character that JJH always said he wanted to do..

Guest kdramafanusa

Obviously we can't say anything until we've actually seen JJH's acting in the drama, but I think we can keep our hopes up because this is exactly the kind of character that JJH always said he wanted to do..

Hi Ys_jen, welcome back. :)

Mr. X's comments at Dahee's blog on April 17, 2009 at 4:24 am

This was calling for a Park Yeon-Seon script, but I guess Yeo Ji-Na is bearable (that PD, though… eh).

Most people think (with good reason) the only real alternative to Abe Hiroshi would be Cha Seung-Won, but then again going in a slightly different direction with casting would be interesting (a la White Tower). It’s not like a Xerox copy of the original would do this any good.

Still.. the dog is the second most important character. Guess they’ll call it 견. ㅋㅋ

BTW… if you liked Kekkon, watch At Home Dad (불량주부 from 2005 rippe… paid homage to this) as well. Same lead (Abe Hiroshi), similar atmosphere, but more family-oriented. Lovely stuff.

Anyone saw the original J-drama Kekkon Dekinai Otoko?

Anyone saw the original J-drama Kekkon Dekinai Otoko?

I have. And, the role was made for the wackiness of Abe Hiroshi. He was totally believable as an egocentric and eccentric old "coot".

But, it seems this version may be different because the relationship with the neighbor wasn't strongly emphasized in the J version.

It will be interesting to see Ji Jin Hee as this wacky character.

Guest kdramafanusa

^ Hello everyone. :)

But, it seems this version may be different because the relationship with the neighbor wasn't strongly emphasized in the J version.

It will be interesting to see Ji Jin Hee as this wacky character.

I can be wrong, but I still think that the neighbor (Kim So-Eun) is not the main female lead; the other actress is most likely the one. We'll eventually find out how much changes there will be in the Korean version; nevertheless, I hope it will be good.

What a busy year for JJH, he has 3 projects lined up. :)

Thread for his upcoming movie "Parallel Life"

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

CJ unveils Cannes market lineup

Led by 'Mother,' 'Thirst,' co-pros and genre films

April 18, 2009

By Park Soo-mee

SEOUL--CJ Entertainment will lead its Cannes Film Market next month with "Mother" and "Thirst," two of the most anticipated South Korean films opening this year.

At Cannes from May 13-24, "Mother," director Bong Joon-ho’s ambitious follow up to "The Host" (2006), is the story of a widow trying to prove her son's innocence after he becomes a murder suspect.

In "Thirst," director Park Chan-wook adds the offbeat romance of his previous work "I’m a Cyborg, But That’s Okay," to the story of a small-town priest reborn as a vampire who has an affair with his friend's wife.

CJ's Cannes lineup also will feature a handful of coproductions scheduled for market screening, including Ema Jin's co-pro with China, "Sophie’s Revenge," starring Zhang Ziyi ("Memoirs of a Geisha"), and "Sayonara Itsuka" by John H Lee ("Cut Runs Deep"), starring Hidetoshi Nashijima ("La Maison De Himiko").

CJ also will take Korean genre films to Cannes, including "Private Eye," a period crime thriller about a physician secretly practicing his autopsy skills with a body he found in the woods, featuring Hwang Jung-min ("A Good Lawyer's Wife"). "Castaway on the Moon" (previously called "Kim’s Island"), directed by Lee Hey-Jun ("Like a Virgin"), is about a man who finds contentment on a deserted island and "Parallel Life," by Kwon Ho-young, is about a judge entangled in a murder case.

J.K. Youn's "Haeundae," a disaster movie that sold to 11 countries at the Hong Kong Filmart, also will go to Cannes.

Guest ys_jen

Hi Ys_jen, welcome back. :)

Thanks kdramafanusa! :D

And thanks for the news about Parallel Life! I'm really looking forward to all his upcoming projects (two of which he has already finished filming, so hope they come out soon!!)

Guest White Star

Ji Jin Hee...I LOVE....Kim So Eun.....I ADORE.....JJH+KSE....it's not the age that's bother me....but rather the clashes in targeted audience....One is for the more mature crowd....the other is appealing to teenager......what's the script gonna be like?

Guest kdramafanusa

Uhm Jung Hwa has been confirmed to play The Man Who Can’t Get Married’s female lead, Jang Moon Jung. After a failed engagement, her character has little interest in dating. Although Moon Jung is in her late 30’s, in some ways, she is like a teen girl - reading comics and playing online games.

Being a doctor, she meets Cho Jae Hee (Ji Jin Hee) when he becomes her patient.

uhmjunghwa2.jpg

Uhm Jung Hwa

Source: Dahee Fanel

Uhm Jung Hwa Cast In “Married”

Posted by daheefanel on April 22, 2009

20090422105741065801.jpg

Singer-Actress Uhm Jung Hwa has been cast as Ji Jin Hee’s love interest in the upcoming Korean adaptation of the hit Japanese drama, “The Man Who Can’t Get Married”. She’ll be playing the role of Jang Moon Jung, a doctor in her late thirties who was engaged to someone when she was younger, but when the engagement didn’t work out, lost interest in marriage, and has been single for a long time. She likes the kinds of foods that older men would like, but she also reads comic books and plays online games for fun.

The drama is set to air in June, on KBS.

WHOA. I was not expecting this kind of casting. O_O Uhm Jung Hwa is…very different from Natsukawa Yui. Wow. I…can’t even picture this. The casting of Ji Jin Hee was unexpected enough, but this is…strange. Well, she’s a good actress anyway, and I do think it would be nice if they didn’t copy the original J-dorama exactly. Still. I dunno. Uhm Jung Hwa just seems a little too glam for the role. I was expecting someone a little more traditionally girl-next-door. Then again, she could always prove me wrong. I’m looking forward to seeing how she’ll handle this role.

(Via Star News)

Guest kdramafanusa

For those of us who enjoy reading Mr. X's writings, here are his comments on Uhm Jung-Hwa's casting, etc...

Copied/pasted from DaheeFanel's blog:

April 22, 2009 at 6:13 pm

That’s a lovely photo. Sista’s 40 this year, but she carries ‘em like a champ.

정화누님 has done the Natsukawa Yui type roles, but that was so long ago that I don’t know if she still has the nuna-next-door vibe in her. There’s 아내, some of her stuff from the early 90s — I’m thinking Hwang In-Roi’s 연애의 기초, but that was like 1996, so I’m probably forgetting something in the middle. Probably 굿모닝 영동 from 93ish?

If she plays a mixture of her roles in Singles and Marriage is a Crazy Thing (so playful, down to earth career woman type but without all the 1990ish social baggage that comes with the label), it could be gold. Actually, now that I think about it Cha Seung-Won’s comedy mode is a little too funny to verge into Abe Hiroshi territory. What’s priceless about his comedy is that he always keeps a straight face, so Ji Jin-Hee’s potentially grumpy aura could actually work even better.

Oh well… mild expectations, but that’s better than no expectations. Curious who they’ll cast as Ji Jin-Hee’s work colleague. I’d go with a Lee Cheon-Hee. Can do 찌질한 characters quite well.

BTW I'm a fan of actor Cha Seung-Won too; he'll be returning to the small screen in upcoming SBS Wed/Th drama 'City Hall' starting next week.

Guest Pomato Soup

Ooh... it'll be exciting to see him do something that requires so much... strangeness. He's done very well with more serious characters, and I look forward to how he pulls this off. I got bored with Spotlight rather quickly, but this should be fun.

As for the neighbor relationship, I'm going to sincerely hope that they mean a platonic relationship... I've started to see Ji Jin Hee as more of the age that he could do more paternal roles, and given that Kim So Eun is dangerously close to my own age I would be kind of weirded out if they went down that path (18 years difference is a bit much). The female lead seems to be Uhm Jung Hwa, so it's all good.

I've seen so many strange movies and shows just to see this guy act. His roles in "Perhaps Love" and "Soo" were not at all what I expected of him after I saw him in Dae Jang Geum. He seems to be trying to break out of his romantic lead box, and I look forward to his evolution as an actor.

Guest kdramafanusa

Upcoming Dramas - Sneak Peek

2009 April 28

by KP

Go beyond the jump to see some of the most recently released photos from upcoming dramas City Hall, Strike Love, Triple and The Man Who Can’t Get Married.

* The Man Who Can’t Get Married (6/09) - first photos!

manwhocantjijinhee13b74.jpg

Ji Jin Hee as Cho Jae Hee

manwhocantjijinhee2.jpg

Ji Jin Hee as Cho Jae Hee

Archived