Ji Jin Hee 지진희 - Upcoming Drama 2021: Undercover

Admin

November 21, 2017

Drama "Misty" to film Thailand

Source: Nate via HanCinema.net

photo912400.jpg

According to several sources, the JTBC drama "Misty" will film in Thailand for about a week. Staff are heading there first and the main characters will be departing this weekend.

"Misty" is a melodrama about Korea's greatest anchor being suspected of murder and her husband who is her lawyer.

Kim Nam-joo is coming back with a drama for the first time in six years and she plays the role of anchor Ko Hye-ran. Kang Tae-wook, her husband and lawyer, will be played by Ji Jin-hee.

"Misty" will be released in January next year.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 31, 2018

Romance thriller 'Misty,' enthralling story of success, unpretentious love

By Woo Jae-yeon

SEOUL, Jan. 31 (Yonhap) -- For many South Korean TV drama viewers, the combination of two veteran actors -- Kim Nam-joo and Ji Jin-hee -- as a problematic married couple could be appealing enough for them to sit and watch their new series.

Actress Kim, nicknamed the "queen of ratings" because of the high popularity of every TV series she is in, returns to the small screen for the first time in six years with JTBC's new romance thriller, "Misty."

"This script is exactly the one I have been waiting for," Kim said at a press conference to promote the series in Seoul on Wednesday.

"The character Go Hye-ran was surprisingly similar to my young self in that she is so desperate to become successful. I was confident I could portray Go well, as I saw myself in that role."

The actress was frank about how much she sympathized with the character.

"The character reminded me of when I was young. (Like Go,) I had an unhappy childhood. When I'd just started my career, I recklessly went after money and success."

Actors Ji Jin-he (L) and Kim Nam-joo enter the press conference for "Misty," set to premiere on JTBC on Feb. 2, 2018. (Yonhap)

Actors Ji Jin-he (L) and Kim Nam-joo enter the press conference for "Misty," set to premiere on JTBC on Feb. 2, 2018. (Yonhap)

The romantic thriller revolves around popular anchorwoman Go, who does whatever it takes to maintain her fame and success. But her life begins a downward spiral after she is named a person of interest in a murder case. Her husband, Kang Tae-wook, played by Ji Jin-hee, the star of the popular period drama "Jewel in the Palace," comes to her rescue by defending her as her lawyer.

The actor is expected to play a faithful husband with unconditional love -- the kind of character he is best known for.

"Kang promised his wife that he will help her achieve success no matter what," Ji said. "It is the way he loves her."

Producer Mo Wan-il said the names of the two actors naturally came up while he was discussing the potential cast with the scriptwriter.

"It was a very rare experience that we named the same two actors simultaneously. It was as if the writer wrote the story while having them already in mind," he said.

Go is a self-made career woman who has been in the most sought-after position at a network for seven years. She married public defender Kang who is from an influential family.

Outwardly she looks confident and self-assured, with fame, money and a happy family. But in reality, she is constantly on edge and fearful of losing things she has achieved.

"As the title 'Misty' suggests, the drama looks into the truth of life shrouded in uncertainty. The cast members are really doing their best to tell the real story and feelings as sincerely as possible," the producer said.

"Beyond passionate romance, I would like to depict unpretentious love, be it a married couple's love or that of an extramarital affair," he said, adding "This is more than just a gripping story."

The series is set to premiere at 11 p.m. on Friday.

This image provided by JTBC shows a poster for "Misty," a new TV series on the network. (Yonhap)

This image provided by JTBC shows a poster for "Misty," a new TV series on the network. (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

• 2 years later...

32dcfafcc33a4537a56b1dda76d6bac7.jpeg?s=

Kim Hyun Joo Joins Talks Along With Ji Jin Hee And Lee Mi Yeon For JTBC Remake Of BBC Series “Undercover”

Kim Hyun Joo might be making her return to the small screen!

On May 4, a source from YNK Entertainment said, “She has received an offer for JTBC’s new drama ‘Undercover’ and is reviewing it.”

A remake of the 2016 BBC drama of the same name, “Undercover” is centered around a man who hides his true identity for 27 years.

Ji Jin Hee is in talks to play male protagonist Han Jae Hyun and Lee Mi Yeon is also in talks to join as her first drama in 10 years.

Kim Hyun Joo has been offered the role of Han Jae Hyun’s wife Choi Yeon Soo who chases justice and the truth as a human rights lawyer. Kim Hyun Joo and Ji JIn Hee previously worked together in the 2016 SBS drama “I Have a Lover.”

source

• 2 months later...

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/08/kim-hyun-joo-and-ji-jin-hee-reunite-in-new-drama-after-4-years/
Kim Hyun Joo and Ji Jin Hee Reunite in New Drama After 4 Years

by krishkim

81422A09-A44F-40BC-8C69-01254454E578.jpg

Credit: marie claire

“Go-to” actors Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo will reunite in a new drama.

JTBC’s new drama Undercover (literal translation) announced that Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo have confirmed their appearances.

Based of the BBC series of the same name, Undercover depicts the story of Han Jung Hyun (Ji Jin Hee), who has been hiding his identity for a long time, and Choi Yeon Soo (Kim Hyun Joo), a civil-rights attorney who became the first head of the Senior Civil Servant Corruption Investigations Unit for justice. The two will face a massive force that holds and shakes the entire country in the name of benefits. Attention is focusing on their fierce battle to protect their love and justice.

Director Song Hyun Wook, who was loved for detailed directing in dramas The Beauty Inside and Another Miss Oh, and writers Baek Chul Hyun, Song Ja Hoon and Jung Hye Eun, joined forces. Also, the reunion of Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo in about 4 years since I Have a Lover is already raising the expectations to the fullest.

Ji Jin Hee will play Han Jung Hyun, an agent at the Agency for National Security Planning (ANSP), who has been hiding his identity for a long time. Having been selected to join the ANSP while attending the police academy, he was on a roll with his extraordinary agility and guts until he met Choi Yeon Soo during a top-secret mission. Wanting to be a part of her life, he drops everything and starts living under a false identity. However, when his wife Choi Yeon Soo was nominated for the first head of the Senior Civil Servant Corruption Investigations Unit, his life covered with secrets is caught up in an uncontrollable whirlwind.

Kim Hyun Joo will lead the play by playing Choi Yeon Soo, a civil-rights attorney who has lived for justice and truth. In recognition of her lifelong beliefs and abilities, she was nominated as the first head of the Senior Civil Servant Corruption Investigations Unit and faced with the shocking truth.

Meanwhile, JTBC’s Undercover will premiere in the first half of 2021.

Source (1)

• Guest changed the title to Ji Jin Hee 지진희 - Upcoming Drama 2021: Undercover
  • 2 months later...

a45a88a446094aab9a4d8f015b8878dc.jpeg?s=

Ji Jin Hee In Talks For New Drama Based On Japanese Mystery Novel

Ji Jin Hee might be making his return to the small screen!

On December 21, DongA.com reported that there was an upcoming Korean drama adaptation of Norizuki Rintaro’s novel “The Tragedy of One” (“Ichi no Higeki” in Japanese). “The Tragedy of One” is a mystery novel about a tragedy that occurs between two families when the detective main character ends up being the third party who provides an alibi to the police’s strongest suspect. The working title for the Korean drama adaptation is “Birth of a Tragedy.”

The drama is still in the early stages of development and casting is still ongoing. DongA.com reported that Ji Jin Hee was one of the actors in talks to play the male lead. Later, a source from his agency stated, “He has received a casting offer and is positively reviewing it.”

tvN is reported to be a strong candidate for the drama’s broadcasting rights. Ji Jin Hee previously starred in the tvN remake of the American show “Designated Survivor.” The actor was also confirmed earlier this year to be starring in a JTBC remake of the BBC drama “Undercover,” which will air sometime in 2021.

Source

Archived