Recovering a Broken Heart.

Merong90

EDIT: January 19, 2018. 

This was supposed to be a super long post about how I can't over my first love from a year ago. 

To be honest with you I actually forgot about this post until recently. The moment I realized I came back on the forum right away and I was touched to see so many thoughtful replies from you guys even until this day. Thank you all for your sweet messages and I'm glad to say that I have completely recovered from my terrible break up - about 1.5 years ago. People would tell me at first that time heals everything and I used to question this everyday... but today I can confirm that it really has. When I thought my entire world was about to fall apart and I didn't what to do, I knew I just had to keep going. Of course it was hard... but it was only hard the first 6-8months? and from then on I slowly started to forget and feel better. 

My final message that I would like to leave for myself is: 
You've done a great job :). The most valuable takeaway from this is that I learned to love myself. I now enjoy to spend time alone again and I've developed some new interests and goal during that time. I am proud to say that I can not be any happier than I am now. 

If you guys ever feel upset about anything, please know it is always better to let it out. You guys can share it with me and the rest of us here and we can all comfort and support one another.  For me, I'm just very glad that I had this place to vent out my sadness when I needed it the most. 

@Merong90 First off: stop hating yourself. You're a fine young woman and you've got your entire life in front of you. There's too many good things out there to hate the first and best thing in your life: you.

You wrote an entire book and I did read all of it, but will not respond to all of it since that's going to take me hours :) However, here's what I've learned in life:

You're not alone. That's the good news. This thing you're going through, most women and most men have gone through the same thing. A breakup is always difficult and heartbreaking, especially when it's your first true love. Eventhough you're not alone in your experience, you'll still feel alone. It's because only you can drive yourself through this. Others may help, but you've got to take that step to healing yourself and getting over him.
Because let's face it: even in a year he wont have eyes for you anymore. It's not that you're less attractive. It's because he lost interest and found happiness elsewhere. It has nothing to do with you. Most likely, you're not even interested in him anymore in a year. Perhaps your heart will jump up a bit when you see him, you'll smile a bit, but it's not that radiant smile you used to send when you were dating. It's not that heartattack you felt whenever you saw him.

Don't blame your friends (yes, I know. I'm jumping all over the place). They're trying to make you feel better by putting him down. If you think losing him wasn't so bad as he wasn't good for you, it will hurt less. Unfortunately that's not going to work since you're still very much in love with him. You don't see his bad sides, most likely you're thinking right now that he doesn't even have any bad sides. He does though. You simply don't see them due to your pink glasses :) 
And that's okay! You had a nice time together, it's okay to think of that fondly.

It's also okay for him to stop seeing you. It's fair towards his new girlfriend, you understand that too. More importantly, it's great for you. Because not seeing him will make your feelings fade just a little bit faster. Your continued interactions with him made it difficult to forget him as you're constantly reminded of how he looks, smells, acts, walks, talks, etc. Those things you love about him are constantly thrown back in your face with a vengeance: You love it, but it's not yours anymore.
With him being out of the picture, literally, it means you're not reminded of all those things you love about him. In time you forget how he smelled, forget the way he walks, forget his little gestures and quirky things. Soon after, you'll forget how deeply you loved him.
It's a process and with him being away, it's easier for you to start that process and continue it.

I agree you need a new hobby. K-Pop isn't "it" anymore for you (though I wouldn't know why). So find something else. K-Drama, cooking, knitting, bowling, soccer, a stamp collection, riding a bike, kickboxing, setting fire to... wait, not that one. But there are so many hundreds, thousands of things to do out there you shouldn't be bored or feel lonely at all. You can choose a hobby you can meet other people for or do something on your own. You can do it at gatherings or at home (yes, that rhymed). NOTHING is holding you back to occupy your free time except for YOU. So get out there! There's an entire world to see and experience. You're only 20, you've got so much to discover that it's amazing your mind isn't completely blown already :D You're a smart girl, you'll get through this easily. Man or no man, there's always you to fall back on. 

And if not, there's always icecream ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

Give you inspirational quotes for broken hearted woman. I hope that it will make you better :)

I readed them about 2 years ago from good quotes about love and They made me recover my broken heart.

Best wish for you :)

Stand up little girl… a broken heart can’t be that bad when it’s true, it’s true. Fate will twist the both of you. So come on, baby come on over, let me be the one to show you.

A broken heart is just  the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along
~ J.S.B. Morse

Instead of wiping away your tears, you should wipe away the people who made you cry
~ Anonymous

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

my relationship was mostly one sided but i thought it wasn't, it was really short, and we were both really young, but it still had an effect on me

we didnt talk for a while (although we do now), but during that time, i buried myself in school work, found out more about music than ever (in 2 ways: i really practiced the violin which payed off, and i discovered new music to listen to), i started watching a new drama, and during the summer my parents had gotten us a trip to europe (and ironically so did his..)

but into the new school year, i again really worked on school and violin, and surprisingly he started talking to me again!! we're really close now

I'm really sorry this happened to you and it will be alright. Your heart will heal, and you will find someone better. Don't let this bring you down. Maybe join a couple of clubs at school and force yourself to build meaningful relationships and you'll find someone who can be both your friend and lover. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived