[Drama 2016] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim 낭만닥터 김사부 Baeksang Best Director

pandalover1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An article on the script reading from Hancinema ^^

r71l6Gc.jpg

"Romantic Doctor Kim Sa-bu" first script reading

The new SBS drama "Romantic Doctor Kim Sa-bu", produced by Yoo In-sik and written by Kang Eun-kyeong, had its first script reading on the 13th. Han Seok-Kyu, Yoo Yeon-seok, Jin Kyeong, Im Won-hee, Kim Min-jae-I and others were there. Seo Hyeon-jin couldn't attend as she was sick.

Yoo In-sik announced the start of the reading with a speech and writer Kang Eun-kyeong also said a few words.

The cast displayed outstanding concentration and expression despite the fact that it was their first script reading. Han Seok-Kyu did an excellent job of portraying his character as Kim Sa-bu. His performance increased anticipation for the drama.

Yoo Yeon-seok plays Dong-joo, an arrogant but warm hearted man.

The bro-mance between Han Seok-Kyu and Yoo Yeon-seok was said to be very anticipating.

Jin Kyeong plays Oh Myeong-sim, Im Won-hee plays Jang Ki-tae and other supporting roles like Kim Min-jae-I, Yoon Na-moo and Tae In-ho bring life to the hospital.

"Romantic Doctor Kim Sa-bu" is about a genius doctor named Kim Sa-bu (Han Seok-Kyu) guiding Kang Dong-joo (Yoo Yeon-seok) and Yoon Seo-jeong (Seo Hyeon-jin) to become great doctors, never bending to authority and money. The first episode can be seen on the 7th of November.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...  via Hancinema

Update on Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim (RDTK) characters line up

(The original source are from RDTK DC Minor Gallery post 1 and post 2. I merge the info from both posts for easier reference. Certain translations are from this Soompi post, while the others were roughly translated by me)

[MAIN CHARACTERS]

TbWj8GQ.jpg

• Han Suk Kyu as Teacher Kim (Boo Yong Joo) 

Hospital : Doldam Hospital
Description : A medical genius and the country’s only “triple board surgeon” but is known to his colleagues as an eccentric recluse.

XWyRovk.jpg

• Yoo Yeon Seok as Kang Dong Joo

Hospital : Geusan University Medical Center --> Doldam Hospital
Description : A confident surgeon to whom surgery comes easily. Although he comes from a poor background, he is fiercely ambitious to live the “silver spoon” life and aims to be the top in his specialty.

9dvMWOT.jpg

• Seo Hyun Jin as Yeon Seo Jung

Hospital : Geusan University Medical Center --> Doldam Hospital
Description : A passionate surgeon wants to be acknowledged for her skills and hides a secret pain behind her bright and warm personality

GljYkG2.jpg
(photo source : matdongs)

[DOLDAM HOSPITAL]

hN7tWQN.jpg

• Jin Kyung as Oh Myung Shim

Description : no nonsense Director of Nursing

GZWn75Q.jpg

• Im Won Hee as Jang Ki Tae

Description : Hospital Administrator

BVyh2iB.jpg

• Kim Hong Pa as Yeo Woon Young

Description : Hospital Director (cherishing humanity)

kpvKo0z.jpg

• Kim Min Jae as Park Eun Tak

Description : talented Nurse

jrUvWNP.jpg

• Seo Eun Soo as Woo Yeon Hwa

Description : a mysterious hospital staff who helps with the chores

wJAZEH0.jpg
(photo source : 1994_sj)

[GEUSAN UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER]

Nn1dwto.jpg

• Choi Jin Ho as Do Yoon Wan

Description : Hospital Director (making a dash for power)

5moSP9n.jpg

• Yoon Na Moo as Senior In Soo

Description : Surgeon

hwzygTp.jpg

• Jang Hyuk Jin as 

Description : Director of Surgical Department

qmaHYqP.jpg

• Tae In Ho as Moon Seon Saeng

Description : Surgeon (love Yoon Seo Jung spuriously)

aEsAtsQ.jpg

• Kim Bo Jeong as Nurse 

[ OTHERS ]

lMQAs3V.jpg

• Joo Hyun as Chairman Shin

Description :  hospital chairman, who holds a secret that no one else knows

6uhXkzz.jpg

• Byun Woo Min as Nam Do Il

Description : freelancer

4VBpeYX.jpg

• Kim Jeong Yeong as Kang Dong Joo's Mother

aN6gZ2N.jpg

• Yoon Chan Young as Kang Dong Joo (young)

OMG. AS OMG! PLEASE COUNT ME IN FOR THIS DRAMA! I'LL BE FOLLOWING THIS. 

TWO OF MY FAVORITE TALENTED YOUNG ACTORS. KIM MIN JAE (BITFT) and YOON CHAN YOUNG (Blow Breeze.. the young SJH) part of this drama.

Ikr. I got excited. Ha ha.  Yoon Chan Young will only appear as the young Kang  Dong Joo... I hope it will be more than 4 episode. Ha ha please PD nim! this  endearing talented young actor.

And Kim Min Jae.. he was in  Persevere Gu Hae Ra and  Because It's the First Time ( w/ Park So Dam, under the radar drama but one of the best in 2015). he's  got acting skills!

So yea....jongski fan girling for impressive young actors!  lol :D

One of the dramas I am anticipating! The casts is very solid, they are all established actors. I love Seo Hyun Jin in her recent rom-com. Yoo Yeon Suk is cool too. But the main lead is a veteran and well-respected actor. He is known for his excellent portrayal of King Sejong in the high rated Deep Rooted Tree. I think I will enjoy the drama. :blush:

Archived