[Drama 2016] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim 낭만닥터 김사부 Baeksang Best Director

pandalover1

"Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" breaks through 10%

photo782156.jpg

"Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" is solidifying its position on the throne.

According to Nielsen Korea, the second episode of the SBS drama "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" rated 10.8%.

This is 1.3% more than the previous episode and it went straight past 10% in just two episodes.

Meanwhile, MBC "Woman with a Suitcase" rated 9.1% and KBS "The Man In My House" rated 6.4%.

Source: TenAsia | Translation: Hancinema

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, pandalover1 said:

Must check out the BTS! :)

Happy for the increased in ratings! Hope it continue to soar...

Well HanCinema and me always have opposite likings so I don't usually read their reviews/comments. We just have different tastes and opinions, not that its good or bad or right or wrong. Everyone is entitled to theirs, to me, RDTK is satisfying so far and they have given me enough in Ep1&2 to want to continue watching, so I'll just enjoy the ride that they will bring me.

@Kasmic PTSD is post-traumatic stress disorder, someone told me :sweatingbullets:

Eng subbed is out, sigh but I can only watch it later....and yeah Monday is still so far away :(

Hey guys! 

I will officially join you at this thread.First episode (except the kissing part,I think it was too early for that)got me and I love all the action scenes(medical procedures).And one more thing,don't you love those wise words by teacher Kim ?

14 hours ago, evie7 said:

@valentvcdThis is my first time watching YYS in a drama and tbh he has never been on my list of must see actors. Having said this I have to admit he has nailed this role. I'm happy I gave this drama a try. The thing about my actor list is that it is constantly growing, there is always room for another chingu.:D 

@evie7 yes, true there is always room for another :D  ... I watched few of YYS dramas and can say he did quiet good. I am a drama lover, I watch drama around 20 years already... sometimes look like I watch moon geun young or lee seung gi grow up from kid to adult :D When I look YYS,look like he has something in his mind..... I prefer someone like Lee Sang Wo or lee seung gi, when I see them smile just make me smile  :D  and 'look like" they have good heart and tenderness. I am blabbering and should stop.

I still give this drama a try. This drama has interesting story line.... LURKING MODE : ON

just finished episode 2.. it was daebak...

Han SukKyu's entrance at the ER was awesome.. totally felt the force to be reckoned with... DongJoo is way in over his head...

but the scene that totally caught m attention was that of Seojung...

So she has PTSD and also a schizo? she needs some series therapy...
or maybe she has already but it flared up with DongJoo's appearance...

cYuaes8.jpg

Have you already checked out Ep1? Or did you missed it? Regardless, here is the translated version of PD note-PD's summary on Ep1. Ep1 is crucial to understanding the story that will develop later for RDTK. 

And I agree with the PD, its Usain Bolt's speed of story development in Episode 1. Enjoy.

Han Seok Kyu, Yoo Yeon Seok, Seo Hyun Jin also made a high impression by their acting in ep.2 yesterday. So proudly!
& the scene SHJ cut her wrist had the highest rating in ep.2: 15.51%

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0002864649

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=213&aid=0000924074  (top daily news on Naver)

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=112&aid=0002864529  (top daily news on Naver)

I really like how YYS looks at SHJ.

His eyes are so emotional. Like the feelings that he felt about her, the years he spent wondering where she was and the state she is in right now. All of it registered in his eyes.

I felt like she just needs to be cuddled by him and held by him. She looks so heartbreakingly vulnerable ... their chemistry is spot on. I really like the pairing. 

I have watched the first 2 episodes this's the 3rd medical drama I enjoyed after doctor stranger and beautiful mind.i liked that beside medical procedures they are focusing on the main characters' past and current life. also enjoying the dark comedy of the male lead.

3 hours ago, JumeeTya said:

another medical kdrama and i kind a like it

i just watched 1st episode and still waiting for 2nd ep with sub... With the rollercoater plot from episode 1, i have high expectation from this drama...

Hello All I'm Here,

@JumeeTya  Hello I also just did a run on botrh episodes and like this medical drama very much even though I didn't get at first how could KDJ go from being mad at his senior female sunbae into kissing her but he cleard it up by saying he thought she was cool holding the paitent artory while being wheeled in the operating room but I still didn't see any romatic chemistry between the two but oh well crap happens..

Although I hate KDJ went aginst his principals and operated on that patient but he needs to learn how to control his emotions and stop letting people play on that side of his weakness.. 

Well looking forwaes to next weeks episodes.. I won't be watching live because I have another date on Mon and Tues but I'll be checking the thread to see what you guy's are commenting on.. 

Meet ‘Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim’ This Nov 8 On ONE HD

romantic-doctor-teacher-kim-poster2

Are you ready for the next medical K-drama? Wait no longer because ‘Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim‘ is premiering this November 8 on ONE HD!

Starring veteran leading actor Han Seok Kyu who portrays a famous surgeon, Kim Sa Bu, and is known as the ‘Hands of God’. For unknown reasons, he quits his job and goes by the name ‘Teacher Kim‘.

Meanwhile, Kang Dong Joo (Yoo Yeon Seok) and Yoon Seo Jung (Seo Hyun Jin) are junior doctors who learn the true meaning of life through the teachings of Teacher Kim. Watch out for some romance among these two!

‘Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim’ airs every Tuesday and Wednesday at 8.10pm on ONE HD (Astro B.yond Channel 393). Don’t forget to tune in guys!
http://k-popped.com/2016/11/meet-romantic-doctor-teacher-kim-this-nov-8-on-one-hd/

great news my friends!!!

"Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" Yoo Yeon-seok and Seo Hyeon-jin reunite after 5 years

photo782157.jpg

Yoo Yeon-seok and Seo Hyeon-jin reunited for the first time in 5 years.

On the second episode of the SBS drama "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim, Dong-joo (Yoo Yeon-seok) was demoted to Doldam Hospital.

He was demoted because he failed to perform surgery on a VIP patient. He was changing after he arrived when he ran into Yoon Seo-jeong (Seo Hyeon-jin).

Seo-jeong was Dong-joo's senior and his crush. Dong-joo's eyes became watery as soon as he saw her and Seo-jeong asked what he was doing here.

Dong-joo said with resentment, "That's what I want to know. Why are you here? I've been demoted. I'm working here now. Why haven't you called? I tried to call you and left you messages for a month after you disappeared. Did you read and listen to all of them?"

"Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" Yoo Yeon-seok proves Son Ho-joon's coffee truck

Spoiler

photo782160.jpg

Yoo Yeon-seok in the drama "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" took a picture of the coffee truck that Son Ho-joon sent him.

He posted this picture on his Instagram saying, "Thank you for the coffee Ho-joon. You are a good friend".

The picture is of a truck with a banner that says, "Yoon-seok~ this is the best coffee! I support "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim"!".

Netizens commented, "You're friendship is so sweet", "You must be happy to have a friend like him" and more.

Meanwhile, the SBS drama "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" can be seen every Monday and Tuesday at 10PM.

I'm really starting to like this drama after watching ep 2 with sub.. What a strong start. wasn't on my list of drama to watch initially but I'm glad I did after catching ep 1 on TV yesterday..

Really liking Teacher Kim. He is so cool when he tell Dong Joo that he is interested only in saving the patients.. and screw everything else! :lol: so charismatic.. Plus the expression he gave when he said "Oh.. He lived" after saving the choked guy.. and proceed to "chop up" Dong Joo's hand... Haha I bet Dong Joo will slowly fall for his eccentric charms 

And Chief Jang.. So funny when he told Dong Joo to proceed to Counter 2 if he is preparing for discharge.. lol can sense more weird and comical stuff from him surely. Him and Nurse Oh make a dynamic duo.

Was abit disappointed when Dong Joo rescheduled the surgery to cater to the Assemblyman.. And how he tried to get into Director Yeo's good favours to punch his way back to the main hospital. Like Seo Jung had said, he had lost his direction somehow in that 5 years. I hope Seo Jung will be the person to pull him back to his original self.. and vice versa, Dong Joo healing her PSTD. Maybe Dong Joo will eventually come to love the hospital and the people there and outstay his proposed 2 months period.

Really anticipating more great stuff to come from the drama.

3 hours ago, andy78 said:

Meet ‘Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim’ This Nov 8 On ONE HD

Are you ready for the next medical K-drama? Wait no longer because ‘Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim‘ is premiering this November 8 on ONE HD!

Starring veteran leading actor Han Seok Kyu who portrays a famous surgeon, Kim Sa Bu, and is known as the ‘Hands of God’. For unknown reasons, he quits his job and goes by the name ‘Teacher Kim‘.

Meanwhile, Kang Dong Joo (Yoo Yeon Seok) and Yoon Seo Jung (Seo Hyun Jin) are junior doctors who learn the true meaning of life through the teachings of Teacher Kim. Watch out for some romance among these two!

‘Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim’ airs every Tuesday and Wednesday at 8.10pm on ONE HD (Astro B.yond Channel 393). Don’t forget to tune in guys!
http://k-popped.com/2016/11/meet-romantic-doctor-teacher-kim-this-nov-8-on-one-hd/

great news my friends!!!

Thanks for this, I'm going to watch it again tonight on HD haha since I subscribed to the channel! Wow they're so quick, the release one day after Korea, ie I missed Ep1 :( since I'll be watching Ep2 tonight and I can't record it, I hope they repeat Ep1 again.

@Ahpheng Wow that's some great strip you have done! Thanks, and nice to meet you.

47 minutes ago, roneddski said:

Was abit disappointed when Dong Joo rescheduled the surgery to cater to the Assemblyman.. And how he tried to get into Director Yeo's good favours to punch his way back to the main hospital. Like Seo Jung had said, he had lost his direction somehow in that 5 years.

I personally hope this means that this wont be another kdrama where treating patients is just a way for the characters to show off how cool and talented they are and that this will actually be a medical drama where there are emotional stories of patients and THATS what returns Dong Joo to his original direction. I doubt it though, but my fingers are crossed B) Those are the only type of medical dramas I like, the sincere ones that make me smile and make me bawl my eyes out. Btw I love the cast of this so much and the first two episodes were a very very very strong beginning, just when I thought it was done being hectic it threw another bombshell at you :wub: 

Archived