[Drama 2016] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim 낭만닥터 김사부 Baeksang Best Director

pandalover1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[ENG] (COMMENTS) HAN SUK KYU • SEO HYUN JIN • YOO YEON SEOK CONFIRMED FOR SBS DRAMA ‘ROMANTIC DOCTOR’

img_20160919_205023

So Yoo Yeon Seok is confirmed for the upcoming SBS Mon-Tue drama ‘Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim’, alongside Han Suk Kyu and Seo Hyun Jin ^^

The drama is penned by scriptwriter Kang Eun Kyung (What Happens to My Family, Gu Family Book, Baker King Kim Tak Goo) and it will be directed by PD Yoo In Sik (Mrs Cop 1& 2, History of a Salaryman)

Today, after the confirmation of the 3 main cast, it was also revealed the names of other actors who will be joining the drama : Im Won Hee (You Are All Surrounded), Jin Kyung (Uncontrollably Fond), Kim Min Jae (Twenty Again) and Yoon Na Moo (musical and theater actor)

They already held script reading session on Sept 13th, 2016 and the drama will air on November 7, 2016 after Moon Lovers.

Below is the (rough) translation of the comments on the casting confirmation article  :

screenshot_20160919-182658

Osen via Naver : Han Suk Kyu•Seo Hyun Jin•Yoo Yeon Seok confirmed for ‘Romantic Doctor’..script reading has been completed [Official position]

Spoiler

1. [+120, -5] Totally looking forward to it 

2. [+111, -3] Whoa the 3 of them all are awesome in acting, this is a must watch

3. [+107, -4] Whoa whoa jackpot jackpot!! I’m really looking forward to see Doctor Yoo Yeon Seok. Han Suk Kyu and Seo Hyun Jin are such a splendid casting too!! Jackpot!! Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim fighting!!

4. [+103, -4] Wow, Yoo Yeon Seok, Han Suk Kyu, Seo Hyun Jin are such a honey combination. I really like Yoo Yeon Seok and Han Suk Kyu together in The Royal Tailor. Looking forward to it.

5. [+95, 4] I like all the three of them. I’m pleased that I get something to watch after a long while

screenshot_20160919-182717

cr: Yeoniverse

Han Suk Kyu, Seo Hyun Jin, Yoo Yeon Seok, And More Confirmed For New Drama

Han Suk Kyu, Seo Hyun Jin, Yoo Yeon Seok, And More Confirmed For New Drama

Han Suk Kyu, Yoo Yeon Seok, Seo Hyun Jin, Joo Hyun, Jin Kyung, and Im Won Hee have been confirmed for SBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday mini-series “Romantic Doctor Kim Sa Bu.”

The drama, written by Kang Eun Kyung and directed by Yoo In Sik, is about a doctor named Kim Sa Bu, who calls himself this generation’s greatest romantic doctor, and his colleagues.

This is Han Suk Kyu’s first drama comeback in two years. He will be playing the role of Kim Sa Bu, who is a medical genius and the country’s only “triple board surgeon” but is known to his colleagues as an eccentric recluse.

Yoo Yeon Seok will be playing Kang Dong Joo, a confident surgeon to whom surgery comes easily. Although he comes from a poor background, he is fiercely ambitious to live the “silver spoon” life and aims to be the top in his specialty.

Seo Hyun Jin will be playing the passionate surgeon Yoon Seo Jung, who wants to be acknowledged for her skills and hides a secret pain behind her bright and warm personality.

Veteran actor Joo Hyun will play the hospital chairman, who holds a secret that no one else knows, while Jin Kyung will be playing Oh Myung Shim, the no-nonsense director of nursing. Im Won Hee will play a hospital administrator named Jang Ki Tae.

Other actors in the drama include Kim Hong Pa, who plays hospital director Yeo Woon Young, Choi Jin Ho, who plays another hospital director named Do Yoon Wan, and Byun Woo Min, who plays a freelancer named Nam Do Il. Kim Min Jae will play the hospital’s talented nurse Park Eun Tak, while child actor Yoon Chan Young has been cast as the younger version of Yoo Yeon Seok.

Source (1)

cr: soompi

Thank you all for updates.... So glad we got so many confirmations.
I am loving our cast, leads, and supporting (the ones I am familiar with, that is)

Funny, I remember Im Won-Hee from another medical drama, "Syndrome," he was pretty chilling in it.

Welcome to the thread, @Go Seung Ji, @Tang Soon, @fountainstripes, @khatelaloves, @Lhay, @angel2013, @luvvvkdramaa, @tompark, @paradicez,

And we have a Viki Channel!  :)

Lets all make sure to follow it, and also submit those license request forms

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

First round of calling on some friends  @ororomunroe, @evie7, @valsava, @LavelyShai, @jadecloud, @suchadiva42, @andy78, @lclarakl, @plappi @bebebisous33, @UnniSarah, @MAROSA_JIN, @Kasmic, @alekaonu, @jongski

Looks like child actor Yoon Chan-Young is joining the cast. He is very talented child actor.

Yoo Yeon-suk, Seo Hyun-jin to begin filming for ‘Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim’

Actor Yoo Yeon-suk and actress Seo Hyun-jin will begin filming for SBS’ forthcoming drama series, “Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim” starting Friday, a source from the broadcaster was quoted as saying Thursday.

“The filming starts tomorrow,” the source told news outlet OSEN on Thursday. “Yoo and Seo will be on location.”

“Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim” will center on three surgeons’ lives: a retired yet distinguished surgeon (Han Suk-kyu), a dexterous and burgeoning surgeon played by Yoo and a warmhearted surgeon played by Seo

The new TV drama is set air following fantasy periodic drama series “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.” The first episode will air Nov. 7.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

cr:http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201609221713578467163_2

Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim

Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim-a00.jpg

• Drama: Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (working & literal title)
  • Revised romanization:Nangmandakteo Kimsaboo
  • Hangul: 낭만닥터 김사부
  • Director: Yu In-Sik
  • Writer: Kang Eun-Kyung
  • Network: SBS
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date:November, 2016 --
  • Runtime: Monday & Tuesday 22:00
  • Language: Korean

Plot

Boo Yong-Joo was a famous surgeon with the nickname of "Hand of God." He suddenly disappeared and nobody knew exactly why. Boo Young-Joo is now as Teacher Kim and he calls himself the Romantic Doctor. He enjoys his life in seclusion.

Kang Dong-Joo became a doctor to win somebody over and Yoon Seo-Jung become a doctor to be recognized by somebody. After they meet Teacher Kim, they learn about life values and comfort from love.

Notes

1. "Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim" takes over the SBS Monday & Tuesday 22:00 time slot previously occupied by "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo."
  2. Lim Soo-Jung was first offered the lead female role, but declined. 
  3. First script reading took place September 13, 2016 at SBS Ilsan Production Studios in Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea.

Cast

this comment in asianwiki 

Jul 10 2016 7:44 amHow great will it be if Lim Soo Jung makes her drama comeback after like 12 years now:( but still i'm hoping for the best for this dramam i've always been such a supporter towards SBS dramas and will continue doing it. It'll be great if Shin Min-Ah/Song Ji Hyo be offered the role. Love both of them very much and well everyone who sees his acting should've known thst Han Suk Kyu slays everytime:)

Archived