[Drama 2016] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim 낭만닥터 김사부 Baeksang Best Director

pandalover1

[V Report Plus] Seo Hyun-jin, Yoo Yeon-seok on set of medical series

Actors Yoo Yeon-seok and Han Seok-gyu, and actress Seo Hyun-jin appeared Monday on a Naver V app live show to promote SBS’ upcoming medical series “Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim.” 

The live show took place on a film set, which resembled an old Hospital. 
restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20161018

At the beginning of the show, Yoo and Seo introduced staff and directors. 

The director of the series, Yoo In-shik, said they got advice from professional doctors based in Ilsan, northern Gyeonggi Province, enabling surgery scenes to be “enhanced reality.”

Veteran actor Han appeared before the camera in the middle of the show. He had been on a two-year hiatus since the period film “The Royal Tailor,” which also starred Yoo. In the 2014 film, Han played the role of a tailor who makes clothes for a Joseon era king, played by Yoo. 

The three actors told viewers about their roles in the upcoming movie. Han described his role as an “eccentric” surgeon, who helps his juniors develop. Yoo described his role as a young surgeon who is “obsessed with career success,” while Seo said she plays a person “craving for recognition from others.”

Naver’s real-time broadcasting app V allows fans to interact with their favorite K-pop stars through live broadcasts. The app is available for Android and iOS. For more information, visit http://www.vlive.tv.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com) Kpop Herald

ahhhh getting more and more excited for this drama...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Dr. Romantic' trades trendy for classic

By Lee Haye-ah

SEOUL, Oct. 18 (Yonhap) -- The upcoming SBS medical series "Dr. Romantic" will be a classic tale of doctors searching for meaning in their lives, its director said Tuesday, inviting viewers to join the quest.

"It won't be difficult. Our screenwriter wrote the script in plain language," Yoo In-shik said in a meeting with reporters at SBS headquarters in western Seoul. "Of course, I thought more than I would for other jobs about what this work entails and how doctors approach it, because the job of a doctor carries a heavy sense of duty."

The new series premieres on Nov. 7 with veteran actor Han Suk-kyu in the lead role of Boo Yong-joo, a famous but eccentric surgeon who one day moves to a small, rundown hospital in the countryside. For reasons that will be explained later in the drama, Boo hides his true identity and goes by the appellation "Teacher Kim." Together with two young and passionate doctors played by Seo Hyun-jin and Yoo Yeon-seok, Boo builds the remote hospital into a top institution with a reputation for its cutting-edge technology and integrity.

AEN20161018010700315_02_i.jpg

"We talked a lot about the meaning of the word 'romantic,'" Yoo said. "'Romantic' is when we derive pleasure from doing something without expecting something in return. 'Dr. Romantic' is a story about doctors who want to do their work rather than attain something through the job."

Han, an iconic figure in South Korean cinema, is starring in his first non-historical TV drama in 21 years. Moreover, it's his first time playing a doctor. Yoo recalled that he didn't hesitate for a moment when Han expressed an interest in the role.

"When we met and talked, I could sense something very 'analog' and warm in him, something that brought back memories of our past," he said.

Yoo was also full of praise for Seo, saying the actress had demonstrated her abilities well before she gained fame through her role in the recent hit series "Oh Hae-young Again."

On Yoo Yeon-seok, the director said he expects the actor to carve out a fresh image for himself through his new role that suits him like a "perfect fit."

"Our drama may not be that hot or trendy, but it's familiar," Yoo said. People from all walks of life enter the hospital, from an exhausted taxi driver to a person run over by a cultivator and someone who has just tried to commit suicide.

"I think it'll be a drama that talks about humanism," the director said. "It's a story that embraces the agonies of all generations of people working and living in this world."

AEN20161018010700315_01_i.jpg

hague@yna.co.kr YONHAP

On 10/17/2016 at 1:41 PM, juliacaesar said:

Just wanted to say I really like the first teaser! It has that dark aspect that I didn't think this drama would have, which is a nice and different touch in comparison to other medical dramas. Kind of gives me the Beautiful Mind vibes, but with a more "criminality" aspect. Not sure how to explain it. Will definitely be checking this out.

@juliacaesar, I did too... I also like the music in it.  The portion of the piano with the whistling, and also the inro./narration by Han Suk-Kyu, and the way he walks alone in that semi darkness felt more like a "film noir" drama, and not a medical drama. (and I liked it). I think/hope we are up to some nice surprises.

@angel2013, Thank you very much for the translation of the teaser.

15 hours ago, samaf said:

the romantic doctor drama  PD praised  seo hyun jin 

He seems so young, yet he has quite a few drama under his belt already, many quite known. Also among them is  a medical drama "Surgeon Bong Dal-Hee" (2007). Has anyone seen it?

"Romance Doctor Kim Sa-bu" Yoo Yeon-seok, a bad-tempered doctor

photo774690.jpg

Yoo Yeon-seok becomes a ill-tempered 'dust spoon' doctor in "Romance Doctor Kim Sa-bu".

Yoo Yeon-seok is a brilliant doctor who has never lost the top title before and an bad-tempered man named Kang Dong-joo. He experiences the biggest risk of his life until he meets Kim Sa-bu (Han Seok-Kyu) and Yoon Seo-jeong (Seo Hyeon-jin) in a hospital on the outskirts of the city.

Pictures of the actor dressed as Doctor Kang were released on the 19th. Yoo Yeon-seok looks cold without a hint of humor in his face. He's wearing a stethoscope around his neck which makes him look professional and good looking.

These pictures were taken on the set of "Romance Doctor Kim Sa-bu" on the 29th last month. Yoo Yeon-seok arrived on set and said his greetings to everyone on it. He then got into practice mode with his script book which had scribbles written all over it.

Yoo Yeon-seok expressed his excitement in being in "Romance Doctor Kim Sa-bu" and said it was an honor to be able to work with Han Seok-Kyu and Seo Hyeon-jin.

Meanwhile, "Romance Doctor Kim Sa-bu" is based in a run-down hospital in which Kim Sa-bu, Kang Dong-joo and Yoon Seo-jeong create a story. The hospital withstands all sorts of power and influence of money and becomes one of the best hospitals in the nation.

The first episode can be seen on the 7th of November.

cr: http://www.hancinema.net/romance-doctor-kim-sa-bu-yoo-yeon-seok-a-bad-tempered-doctor-99689.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#!prettyPhoto

1 hour ago, pandalover1 said:

"Romance Doctor Kim Sa-bu" Yoo Yeon-seok, a bad-tempered doctor

Lmao bad tempered Dr Kang ackkk. I wonder for how long and how bad they gonna make me hate his character before he has his growth under Kim Sa Bu's wings. YYS hair-stylist already did contribute a little to that hate by giving him such a bad hairstyle xD 

Today it seems like the production team is filming a scene outside of Doldam Hospital where a car (most probably just involved in an accident) drive its way to the hospital compound.

2 hours ago, pandalover1 said:

Ahhhh he looks super unfriendly...  urghhhh... i hope they dont make him too much of a jerk...

@czakhareina1 ikr? While I actually don't mind much when a drama character is portrayed to be flawed - jerk behaviour included (cuz to me, it's a drama after all and they'll usually have their growth), but I do hope they won't go to the extreme with it. And the writer must make me satisfied with the growth the character go through to make him learn how to be more of a decent human. haha. 

15 minutes ago, day_dreamer said:

@czakhareina1 ikr? While I actually don't mind much when a drama character is portrayed to be flawed - jerk behaviour included (cuz to me, it's a drama after all and they'll usually have their growth), but I do hope they won't go to the extreme with it. And the writer must make me satisfied with the growth the character go through to make him learn how to be more of a decent human. haha. 

yup definitely with you.. I like characters that are flawed in all things, cause too much of a good thing is too irritating... I just hope they dont make him to a jerk that cant be reformed to be in my good graces.. I've seen a drama where they made the guy the usual "bad boy" but wasnt able to make it sympathetic enough for me... so even when he 'changed' I kinda held it against them and did not like how the story turned out...

I am rooting for a great character for YYS...

but man I just am happy with all the casting of this drama... I could not ask for more.. ^__^

22 hours ago, day_dreamer said:

Lmao bad tempered Dr Kang ackkk. I wonder for how long and how bad they gonna make me hate his character before he has his growth under Kim Sa Bu's wings. YYS hair-stylist already did contribute a little to that hate by giving him such a bad hairstyle xD 

Today it seems like the production team is filming a scene outside of Doldam Hospital where a car (most probably just involved in an accident) drive its way to the hospital compound.

Yeah @day_dreamer agree with you about his hair.:sweatingbullets:

It seems that both YYS and SHJ will have a change of hairstyles in subsequent episodes......let it be soon!

@pandalover1 SHJ looks feisty! Haha. Now all the 3 leads stills are released (and soon other characters stills will be released as well), I wonder if we'll get a new teaser.

@icemaid His hairstylist grrrr. haha. Anyway both YYS and SHJ have different hairstyles so it could suggest a time skip, no? Both of them leaving (or being kicked out from, in Kang Dong Joo's case) the big Geusan University Medical Center and they'll arrive at the small Doldam Hospital after a time skip, I guess.

The small, rundown Doldam Hospital at night (from a staff update)

Seo Hyun Jin Transforms Into A Fiercely Dedicated Doctor In New Drama Stills

Seo-Hyun-Jin-Romantic-Doctor-Kim.png

SBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Romantic Doctor Kim” has released stills of its female lead,Seo Hyun Jin.

Seo Hyun Jin plays a doctor named Yoon Seo Jung, who is a bright character most of the time but in front of the patients transforms into a fierce and passionate doctor who will do whatever it takes, earning her the nickname “Crazy Whale.”

Seo-Hyun-Jin.png

About the drama, Seo Hyun Jin said, “It’s nerve-wracking but it feels good working alongside such great writers, directors, staff, and seniors. Rather than show something of my own, I hope to be able to bring the character in the script to life. I will work hard until the end to give everyone a good viewing experience.”

Are you looking forward to seeing a new side of Seo Hyun Jin?

“Romantic Doctor Kim” is set to air its first episode on November 7.

Source (1) SOOMPI

New BTS Pics

201610210731770568_58094675ef310.jpg

source OSEN

Archived