[Drama 2016] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim 낭만닥터 김사부 Baeksang Best Director

pandalover1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha. Such sweet/cute lads! YYS is in LA. My IG feeds he is on top of LUA type (his bar in KR) building. A feed also tells that he went back to school to cope with his master thesis and plans to do Vietnam trip on his own again. YSJ watching him in his new drama and looks really promising   @angel2013 - still missing RDTK. Watching one episode per week together with YSJ new drama. 

@anjelikaeyes13 Yes, missing them so much :(

This beautiful family, hope can see them in one screen again :)

Goblin visit RDTK's set, Lee Dong Wook(who same agency with YYS), Kim Ki Doo & Jo Hyun sik (friends of SHJ from Another Miss Oh). They met YYS and asked him to make a cameo appearance for Goblin.

Article from soompi: “Goblin” Special Reveals Surprise Visits On Set From Yoo Yeon Seok, Lee Kwang Soo, And Daebak

annyeonggg!

i just finished marathon all 20ep of RDTK and its really a good story. well at least for me :)

initially i have no intention to watch it but since my colleagues give a good review so why not i give a try lol and here i am.

but i have a few questions that i think has left unanswered. or maybe i mislook it huhuhu

i wonder what is the secret that Chairman Shin keep from Kim Sa Bu.

also did President Do step down from his position? 

and i wonder if Kim Sa Bu's wrist was really ok as he seems to hide something about the injury.

overall, a good drama with a good casts.

saranghae Kim Sa Bu :heart:

Interview

Seo Eun-soo(22) who played Pyo Na-ri’s young step mother in JI, and Yeon-hwa in Romantic doctor had an interview.[Star News] She just debuted in 2016, so she was happy to be in two popular shows. About Romantic doctor, Seo said she hoped the show never finish. “The set atmosphere was so nice that everybody said there would be no other set like this one. I started filming feeling happy and ended happily, and I didn’t want it to end. I thought many times I didn’t want to part from these people and ended up getting emotional. I teared up even when I was shooting a happy scene, and as soon as I finish my last scene, I was overwhelmed with emotions. It is really precious project for me. I don’t think I can ever forget this.”

Seo said she wants to be like Seo Hyun-jin(OHYA). “Seo Hyun-jin sunbae-nim is great actress with excellent concentration and ability to immerse herself on the set. Watching her, I felt “Oh this is how the beauty of acting perfect looks like.” She is an actress who proves what is the most beautiful and shines. After the light turned off, she did consistently well to staffs and actors, and I realized how great sunbae-nim was. I’d like to be like her someday, I’d like to be remembered as great sun-bae even on personality-wise like Seo sunbae-nim. I tried hard to file her in my memory throughout the shooting.”

Seo had one-sided crush on Yoo Yeon-suk in the show. “I should’ve worked better in scenes with Yoo Yeon-suk sunbae. I felt disappointed. I could understand Yeon-hwa’s feeling in the show because I had same experience. Since I knew what ‘love at first sight’ was like , I could relate to how she felt. But I don’t think I portrayed as I wanted. Yoo Yeon-suk sunbae-nim was considerate for a clumsy person like me many times. When he found me being nervous he played jokes on me, so I was grateful. He is not a person who tells you what to do, but a person who worry with you when you tell him your concern.”

About Han Suk-kyu, Seo said, “On the set, everyone called Han Suk-kyu sunbae-nim Sabu-nim(teacher). He was Sabu-nim to me too, giving me lots of warm advice. When I looked dispirited, he tried to lift up my spirits. He said “How was your shooting yesterday?” or “What are you distressed about?” which made me feel at ease.

To play her character, Seo went through some serious preparation. “Because I played the character who had malnutrition, I went on diet. Even after diet, PD-nim said I had to lose more, so I lost 4kg more. I studied scripts long and hard enough that I don’t think I slept more than 1 hour.”

She is from Pusan and has Pusan accent (remember Reply 1997?).”I look I don’t use saturi, but when I talk to my parents on the phone, my saturi comes out. When I use saturi, I feel relaxed. I think it is really hard to fix saturi unless you really put your mind to it. I was nervous because saturi came out on the set by accident, but PD-nim said it was ok to use saturi because it could be melted into the scene. I was grateful.”

Seo mentioned about her parents’ objection on her becoming an actress. “I may look like I had an easy life. But I had lots of part time jobs when I was young. When I said I would do the acting after I majored dancing in the high school, my parents objected to it, but now they are very proud of me. I am very grateful because they cheer me on… I think my thought about acting is changed doing projects. I’d like to be an actress rather than a star, and become good actress like sunbae-nims. I want to become an actress who is always prepared and wanted. Rather than acting in similar patterns, I want to become an actress people ask “Is she really her?” I am trying to show various images of me.”

•  

Yoo Yeon-suk(33) who played doctor Kang Dong-joo in Romantic Doctor also had an interview. [Star News]
He came back from the reward trip recently. “Yesterday exchanging greetings with staffs, I felt very sad thinking it would be hard to see these people again. It is not easy all staffs and actors doing shooting laughing. Shooting itself was not easy, but it left good memories so I feel sad rather than feeling relieved.” He had feedbacks like his project of life changed to this show from Reply 1994. “I feel hesitant to say my role-of-life is changed. I just think I gained another character to be remembered by people, and Chilbong-yi in Reply 1994 was not real me Yoon Yeon-suk. I think it is fortunate that I gained another character loved by people.”

About Kim Hye-soo who played Kim Sabu’s first love Lee Young-jo, Yoo said “I have never met Kim Hye-soo sunbae-nim in person, so I was curious, and all staffs had high expectation. She said she watched all episodes. She said it was very nice she could play with us, and she was worried appearing in last part of the drama which had been good but had fun. We were grateful. For the scene she was with Han Suk-kyu sunbae-nim, I felt like it was a scene from a movie. It had different feel. I thought the power an actor gives out could be so much different. I was also shocked when I acted with her because she came thoroughly prepared for medical terms and surgery scenes.”

Yoo was happy getting a couple awards with Seo Hyun-jin in the year-end awards ceremony. “We talked about it before the ceremony. I was asked if I could get only one of acting award or couple award, which one I’d like to have, and I said I hoped to get a couple award since we worked together. So I was very happy and grateful. Our show was not melo, so we couldn’t expect it much and I think that is why I wanted even more. Even though we didn’t have many scenes, I think we showed good chemistry.”

Because team was so amazing, he hopes for season 2. “People were talking about it around the time the drama ended. I thought even if it is not a medical drama, it would be great if we could work together. I think (Kang Eun-kyung) writer-nim must had difficulties. It was more like writing 2-3 times. She examined scripts with consultation from medical professionals, modified, and came and checked with doctors on the set before doing shoots, so the whole process went through extra steps which required more time and attention than regular dramas. But there was not even once the script came out late. We always had scripts a week ahead before we actually filmed. If script comes out late with a medical drama, it would be very difficult, but she gave us scripts early and I thought scripts were amazingly tight. If writer-nim does season 2, I am willing to do it.”

He worked with Han Suk-kyu before in a movie ‘The Royal Tailor (Sanguiwon)’ in 2014. “He gave lots of good advice. Since this time we had scenes face to face, I seemed to have gotten more advices. The one I remember the most is “Don’t act facing camera.” You concentrate and exchange the lines with oter actors, but there is a moment you become conscious of the camera. You have to think about that moment- he said. And he said not to act too much(overact?). He said about acting only 20 won(2cents) worth. Sunbae-nim said how about him act as much as 20 Won worth, and Yeon-suk act as much as 50 Won worth. And I understood exactly what he talked about.”

Yoo said he didn’t know he would compete with Go Ah-ra(Reply 1994) in the same time slot. “I heard (Go)Ah-ra filmed for very long time- longer than expected. They filmed in the middle of summer having difficulties, so I cheered her on. I didn’t know they would compete against our show at first. Since our project received lots of love, I wanted Hwarang did good too. I told Jo Yoon-woo (plays pretty hwarang Yeo Wool Rang. He belongs to same agency as Yoo. Do you know he got the highest mark in the open audition for Hwa-rang role? Show should give us more of him for sure.) to do well during the year-end party. I thought he was the prettiest in the show. I think I told him he really looked pretty.”

About high ratings they received, he said he didn’t expect it. “I’ve never imagined we could receive this much love. I was sure that we could make a meaningful project, a project we could relay something after the first scripts read meeting. But I couldn’t guess the ratings…When I film a show I never have a chance to think about it. I finished a musical before Romantic Doctor, and I took a break for 4-5 months, and I had time to think. Thinking back, I think that was the first time I took a break. I thought acting was the work I really wanted to do, but when I had this break all of sudden, I had this question. “Do I really like acting? It can be good, but there will be times it can’t, and would I still like to do this?” But I felt more thirsty for acting. After I did this project, I felt I like doing what I am doing, and even though there is no guarantee all my projects will succeed, I don’t worry much about it.”

As the most memorable line, Yoo picked “Are you good doctor, or best doctor?”.”There were many lines, but there was a scene I asked Kim Sa-bu nim “Are you good doctor, or best doctor?” And he said “I am a doctor patients need the most now.” Doing that line, I asked myself. “Am I a good actor, or best actor, or needed actor by viewers? I think that was the most memorable line. It made me think I have to become an actor who is needed.” He continued, “I think when I first started out, I tried to become a good actor. I continuously tried to hear “There is this newbie actor who acts well. He is a capable guy.” When I received more love later, I became greedy to become the best actor. But now I think I want to become an actor who is needed in any projects. I think it would be nice if I become an actor viewers say “I want to see him acting again” feeling sad when I say I stop acting, and staffs and production team say “He is an actor really needed in this project.”

•  

On 2/5/2017 at 8:07 PM, anjelikaeyes13 said:

haha. Such sweet/cute lads! YYS is in LA. My IG feeds he is on top of LUA type (his bar in KR) building. A feed also tells that he went back to school to cope with his master thesis and plans to do Vietnam trip on his own again. YSJ watching him in his new drama and looks really promising   @angel2013 - still missing RDTK. Watching one episode per week together with YSJ new drama. 

hehe sorry just saw your message, ah me too, I'm watching Voice now but I still replay some scenes from RDTK from time to time. I haven't really started DIB's new drama-seems like his role is pretty important-considering that it is actually the first drama he is in(bec it was pre-produced before RDTK, he's very very lucky for getting such big casted dramas and now having lots of exposure from SBS too-Is SBS promoting him?lol)

So kind of SBS to still release RDTK stuff even after the drama ended, the recent SBS catch on SeoHyunJin was good as it also releases some unseen footages, have you seen it? think @anggun11 posted the video.

Deadline for RDTK blu ray pre-order is Feb22...and I am still thinking about it....sigh....the hefty price tag is a big deterrant. wonder if they will release the DVD version? if they do, I probably would add it to my collection for sure.

Annyeong!! ITs been a while since Ive posted here. I hope all of you are well. I still miss RDTK and all the characters. Teacher Kim and his wise words, our Barley tea couple bickering, DJ the jealous man and SJ cute smiles, Nurse Oh and her friendship with MJ and Dr Nam, Nurse Park, YH and Mr Cute... :wub: :D But I can smile thinking of them now. 

Recent IG updates of YYS and the actress playing YH is a dinner gathering of the RDTK team. I love how they still keep in touch. :heart:

Both of them shared it at the same time. Is HSK there too, the one next to Mr Cute (left side)?

33 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Annyeong!! ITs been a while since Ive posted here. I hope all of you are well. I still miss RDTK and all the characters. Teacher Kim and his wise words, our Barley tea couple bickering, DJ the jealous man and SJ cute smiles, Nurse Oh and her friendship with MJ and Dr Nam, Nurse Park, YH and Mr Cute... :wub: :D But I can smile thinking of them now. 

Recent IG updates of YYS and the actress playing YH is a dinner gathering of the RDTK team. I love how they still keep in touch. :heart:

Both of them shared it at the same time. Is HSK there too, the one next to Mr Cute (left side)?

I saw this on twitter and my heart felt so warmed! So glad they met again! and even better when all the main actors are there! Its really one great big family awww make me missed them even more!

Both of them shared at the same time? how coincidental!

@ahmadkamil92 yeah I know...i don't understand why they are pushing for blu ray sales when they stated that there were more demands for DVD based on their survey. I hope they will do DVD instead, I'm sure more people will buy since it will be ore affordable.

Quote of RDTK interview for KNTV guide magazine:

KNTV Guide : Who was the mood maker on the set?

Yoo Yeon Seok : It’s hard to pick just one because all of us became familiar and attached to each other as we’ve spent our time at the hospital filming set for quite a while. Each one of the roles we played was unique and fun. The surprising person is Han Suk Kyu sunbae who acted as Kim Sa Bu. He has a calm and cool image, but actually he can very humorous and cute (lovely?) too. He’s always soft (and made us comfortable?) at the set.

Seo Hyun Jin : When there were NGs, he’d blame me, mumble to himself or laughed. Im Won Hee sunbae too, though his role is very talkative, in reality he’s very shy.

(Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim’s Yoo Yeon Seok and Seo Hyun Jin Special Interview for Japan’s KNTV Guide magazine, March / April 2017 issue)

Source : Originally shared by riku_530 on IG;
Japanese to Korean translation by : (일어번역)돌담돌 at NangmanDVD Daum Cafe

Source: yeoniverse.wordpress.com

Hi guys...remeber me ? Long time no see this topic ..I wanted to wrote  my thoughts about  last 2 eps but I couldn't  at that  time but I just come here to say I haven't  forget this wonderful drama yet , and I miss it A lottttttttt , i suggest  it to everyone and few days ago when I saw a gif from our tea couple  I saw my tears down .... I  miss my RT a lottt 

Miss DJ , SJ and our Kim Subo ... miss nurse park and even pre DO and his son DO 

I miss DJ stares at SJ , their Cuteness,  miss DJ saying I love you to SJ and her reaction 

Miss DJ & IB Fighting  and then duet !

Miss DJ and TK Romance 

Miss that Chinese  girl , Miss Doldam ..

I miss my Golden Monday-Tuesday  waiting  for RT airing  time and Sub ...

Miss reading  everyone's posts about per ep 

And lurking here and posting here

And caz I miss a lot I need RT S2 a lottttt really ...

Archived