[Drama 2016] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim 낭만닥터 김사부 Baeksang Best Director

pandalover1

21 minutes ago, anjelikaeyes13 said:

SHJ: I just found out SHJ graduated applied musicology for her college --- no wonder she's good in singing and her best friend is Ku Hye Sun (who loves directing short films). Waaahhhahahaa and this is the most unbelievable --- I watched Godess of fire 1 full run and time to time last episodes and she was the other lady that likes Kim Bum and my heart breaks for her there.   I also watched Feast of the Gods where I really like Sung Yu Ri; The Duo with CJM and LSY.   The Daughter of Emperor -----   I am so terrible. Huhuu... so I am duh.....practically stupid.   @angel2013 - I must be whipped. Terrible, terrible. I am disrespectful. I didn't even remember her. I said she's not in my radar. Waaaaaaahhhhhhh. I am going crazy! I am so embarrassed. Sorry Chingus.

Pssst...we are not allowed to talk about SHJ here in the drama thread (or are we?) but you are always welcome to post this in SHJ thread :tongue: I can't say more bec it will be off topic.

But yeah I'm so glad the weather is getting better over at Cebu so these hardworking RDTK team can have a blast on their reward holiday! Anyone going there to welcome them? Hope to see their holiday pics! hehehe please remember to buy souvenir back for poor Teacher Kim and Dr Yoon who cannot join ok.:grimace:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, angel2013 said:

Pssst...we are not allowed to talk about SHJ here in the drama thread (or are we?) but you are always welcome to post this in SHJ thread :tongue: I can't say more bec it will be off topic.

Oh noes. To keep quiet now. I don't want to post my embarrassment in other forums anymore. I now felt how DJ must have felt about the rejection letter! Hahaha. #SilentMode "ON" if not related to RDTK. Babaababa hahahaha. 

I’ve watched ep 21 a day ago but only have time now to organise my thoughts and lay them down in this post. :D

It seems like ep 21 or prequel served as some kind of closure for us viewers who have a difficult time letting this drama go (or is it possibly trying to set up for a season 2? Kkk). Before that I want to extend my thoughts on ep 20 that I didn’t touch on in my previous post. Like others has mentioned, it was pretty creative of Chairman Shin to have revealed his secret 20 years ago to TK by paying the webtoon artist to draw it out for him. That way it really allowed him to kill two birds with one stone. It also allowed him to pay for the webtoon artist’s medical bills without making it seem like charity or just pure sympathy since there are people who might refuse to accept money for free. (On a side note, I thought the doldam avenger’s illustration was really nice, wonder if I can get my hands on one since I’m a sucker for pretty illustrations haha.) However, I always wondered why is it that if TK was CS saviour, did he got him beat up in order to get him a favour in the form of the surgery? I was actually mad at CS at back in ep 2 for having done that lol (Although I grew to like him over time partly because I have a soft spot for old people haha). But perhaps it could be because his old habits of being a former goon was hard to shed :sweatingbullets:.

Moving on to the episode itself, I was actually glad that they didn’t take TK’s romance story too deeply (or making unnecessary drama out of it) but instead use it as a tool to illustrate TK’s growth in doldam. It seems like TK was even more of a grouchy and uptight person back then, not knowing how to relax and enjoy dates with the woman he loves. As pointed out by YJ he has become more lax and wise now, taking joy in simple things like making coffee and listening to old music cassettes haha. However, I did enjoy seeing a giggly TK around YJ and how it was alluded on how similar their past relationship was to SJ-DJ’s although I have a feeling that DJ is a better romantic in his love life than TK was.

I loved that they built on YJ as a solid character instead of as a mere cameo whose purpose is only to reveal on TK’s romantic life. YJ is a pretty cool surgeon with strong values which is no wonder TK fell for her since they are quite similar in their beliefs as doctors even with their different pursuits having drifted them apart. The fact that she chose to work for Doctors without borders instead of the usual hospital shows how strongly she values helping those in need. That is not to say that doctors working in hospitals don’t value helping people of course but the fact that she was willing to work in an unfamiliar environment where medical supplies may not be readily available at their disposal shows her dedication. I loved the part in the drama where she assisted DJ’s surgery (while managing to get on his nerves for having overstepping her boundaries as assistant) showing her way of doing things and inevitably sharing her experience working in the military front. The bit where she shared on how she had to improvise and substituting medical equipment with things such as a metal detector was pretty interesting. Finally, the part where she revealed how lost she felt after having worked with DWB was pretty relatable to life in general.

I love how this episode explores the theme beginnings. As SJ narrates, beginnings have causes and motivation hence producing a chain of events as we are shown how each Doldam staff came to meet each other and motivate each other to begin the things that otherwise they may not have thought to do if it were not for each other. Continuing from the previous episode, it was revealed how Dr. Nam invited TK to Doldam, resulted in NO joining Doldam as well. With the appearance of SJ motivating TK to begin resuming his practice as a surgeon again, it then goes on from there with the addition of DJ and finally IB, who finally got praised by TK for a work that is from his own efforts instead of lies or his father’s name. I thought it was sweet that whatever misfortunes and hardships they were experiencing at the time became somewhat of a blessing as it brought them together to create this tight knitted family in Doldam hospital (The selfies/wefies illustrates how close they are). I thought this mirrored so well with what I mentioned in my previous post about one person making a difference is all it takes to cause a chain in actions to be able to cause a change. Although, in this case it’s each other’s lives that they have made a difference in allowing each other to develop and grow as we have seen throughout this drama. (Man I feel like I’m getting more and more sentimental here lol).

This can also be said about the romance between barley tea couple which is why I love their relationship. Not one is submissive for the other, instead they are more on equal grounds supporting each other when needed (practicing together, having no qualms pointing out each other’s mistakes as well as supporting each other emotionally). Of course, with the inclusion of the right amount of flirting (SJ’s push and pull what with her purposely not letting DJ know she was wearing the necklace that he gave her and my favourite part of her teasing DJ by pretending like she did not say “I love you” to him hahaha.) And how apt for the writer to put a beginning of how it all started (NO & TK meeting) to end the episode titled “The beginning of everything”. 

With that I say annyeong everyone. Glad to be part of this journey with you guys (of analysing and spazzing kkk). For a drama that I randomly clicked on, it turned out to be a gem that I learnt a lot, from the reality of the medical field and social issues presented in this drama which I might not have noticed if it were not for you guys pointing them out and your discussions on them, so I have to thank you guys for that. Not to forget the amazing staff and actors and actresses who brought this drama to life with their amazing acting (and whom I might be keeping tabs on their future works). I will forever miss TK’s constant O-Ks! haha. Bye guys. Hope to see you again in other threads :D.

Sorry if this is too long of a post hehe. :sweatingbullets:

Yeah! Im still here :tongue:

Mr Goo :D Best security dude in town

YYS off to sunny Cebu. Im not sure about the weather in Cebu @angel2013 but Im sure it's  better than the negative temperatures of Seoul. Blankets of white there 

ebe6796449e0a7bd61395677e613bb88.jpg

YYS IG update

Nawww but he looks so much happier if someone else was next to him like...

Spoiler

%EC%84%9C%EC%A0%95%EB%8F%99%EC%A3%BC.jpg

cr - Naver http://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=6218702&memberNo=6239249

And they've arrived safely

Spoiler

C2m4XT2VIAADinD.jpg

C2m4Y4JVQAEbukN.jpg

KMJ is there too

C2nAlQdVQAEOcuU.jpg

cr xviiithflower in twitter

@Kasmic you're right the weather in Cebu will probably be tons better, when i first saw the YYS pic at the airport I was like brrrrr...it looks really cold but I like his airport fashion hehe. Awww yeah Dr Yoon cannot follow him there since she is still working kadjfldjlajflasjfl <_< *throws darts at agency* don't mind me (but then her manager went instead..I was like huh? okay <_< *throws more darts at the agency*

But so far I've only seen YYS and KMJ photos for the trip, what happened to the rest of the cast? It's so low key!

I heard In-Boem(YangSeJong) also couldn't make it bec of his next drama promotions and also Mgr Jang(Im Won Hee) seems like a lot of people were unable to make it.:cry:

@angel2013

" I heard In-Boem(YangSeJong) also couldn't make it bec of his next drama promotions and also Mgr Jang(Im Won Hee) seems like a lot of people were unable to make it. "

I just seen Manager Jang playing a Doctor in the SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea" Episode 19

5 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@angel2013

" I heard In-Boem(YangSeJong) also couldn't make it bec of his next drama promotions and also Mgr Jang(Im Won Hee) seems like a lot of people were unable to make it. "

I just seen Manager Jang playing a Doctor in the SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea" Episode 19

Ahahaha that's why he couldn't fly to Cebu? He became a doctor in LOTBS? :o

Another piece of news

Someone on twitter said SBS will air RDTK after party on Hanbam next week! Look out for it!

And erm even the Evil Dir Do needs a holiday! kkkk:tongue: maybe he will turn for the better after this trip

@angel2013 YYS airport fashion is so handsome. That big jacket suits him :heart: Here's a pic without his jacket

Really YSJ and IWH couldnt come? Oh how sad. But I guess work must come first. They do have a new drama each and airing really soon too. YSJ in Saimdang, Light's Diary and IWH in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. I guess we can see them soon. 

President Do (Choi Jin Ho) wasnt in ep 21 but he made it to Cebu lol!

I still think with the mask KMJ looks like YSJ and I thought he did go lol!

Kind PD updated some pics of wrap up party on PD note

0Fe4kAE.jpg

cake cutting

upLHzNP.jpg

signing

OeOOQH0.jpg

I want one of these!:wub:

@Kasmic hehe saw that too, my timeline was bombarded with his pic this morning hahaha, I love that pullover too, I've no complaints about his airport fashion even the simple white tee on arrival at Cebu. I think YSJ is much taller but yeah when you cover up with hat and mask, it can be hard to tell

@angel2013

It is nice that the cast & crew were given a holiday to Cebu as a reward

The many times that I have travel to & fro to Seoul (Incheon), I only encounter once (& hopefully the last) of sharing a cabin with a drama cast & crew

I was returning home on a Singapore Airlines flight from Incheon & had to share the flight with main cast & crew (was told there were 80 people) from the KBS drama Spy Myeong Wol where they were going to Singapore for overseas location. It was rowdy & they became a nuisance to other passengers on flight...doesn't help when free flow drinks are on board & acting like a school bus trip

The poor Korean speaking air stewardess was harassed on how to filled the disembarkation form for the arrival to Singapore......I had to teach some of them on what details to fill & asked them to pass on the sample to others since some of them have no comprehension in the English or Chinese language

The actress Han Ye Seul ( I have yet to see any of her drama & films) was beyond words of comment or words. I later learn that she had an alleged hit & run incident a month ago & suffer bad press. I told myself I will never watch this drama & in turn that she did created a fiasco for this drama too

HAN SUK KYU AKA DR ROMANTIC TEACHER KIM

A STORY WELL TOLD

I place my hand on my heart.....! Beats fast ! That's how I feel by Han Suk Kyu's performance. ( Daesang Winner ) He moves you. The writer wrote his character well even in the prequel his love line came on nostalgic, warm, caring, loyal, idealistic... an old soul in music . The glimpse into his past dating life is fascinating , that younger hot tempered, brash, unsmiling, and opinionated Boo Yong Joo. He hated dating got cranky, hated going to cafes and restaurant too.... ahhh that's not normal.... still that intrigues. 

I surprise myself in my own growth in my my journey in Kdrama, previously only have the hots for handsome actors with super six packs. ( kiddin'.... still do ) but I can appreciate fine acting minus the hot bod. Han Suk Kyu portrayed the romantic idealism of what a doctor is ( saving lives ) and his wisdom was like a sharp knife honing his students to noble ideals. That make for drama magic and pull.

I also like KDJ ( Excellent Actor award ) and DIB's growth...... more particularly DIB , given his bad deal in having an oppressive father. His maturity and realisation that he is a doctor first and foremost and wields the power to save lives makes him a worthy student of KSB. Coming in contact with a HIV  patient is terrifying. Oh he's cute too ... agree @andy78 and @supergal99 ?

Other characters who were well fleshed out are of course YSJ, ( so deserving of the Excellence Actress award ) followed by NO, DN, NP, MJ, PY, Mr Goo, Chairman Shin. Together with the leads they brought such live to that old, charming, haunting Doldam Hospital . The show is epic with the CUTCUTCUT scenes and issues that plague the medical world.

I'm glad to be here where friendship is fostered and minds are stimulated. Always ready to share opinions, analysis, pictures. instagram clips, humour and bias-ness for their favourites.

Here I quote @stroppyse, @heroonthebeach, @LyraYoo, @angel2013, @drmjs on their insightful thoughts about KSB surprise romantic past in the prequel . Your views resonate with me and I'm happy. There are others too but forgive me if I missed them.

THIS IS ONE OF THE NICEST PICTURE OF KSB THAT GIVES OFF HIS " CHANGED " PERSONALITY.

Thanks @LyraYoo SO NICE HIS " CHEEKINESS "

C2i8yQmUoAISl4m.jpg

On 18/01/2017 at 4:25 AM, stroppyse said:

I

As for Kim Hye Soo's cameo as TK's first love, Lee Young Jo. It was great. In some ways, their story was so straightforward. Met, fought, fell in love, drifted apart. And, it was only YJ's desire to find a hospital that would accept her HIV positive patient that finally brought her to look up TK and ask him for a favor despite being back in Korea for 3 years. I do see YJ and TK as having an open ending with a possibility of more which seems appropriate. They're both still single, both still care about their work. TK still clearly cares about YJ, at least as a friend, and even offering her a shoulder to lean. YJ is feeling lost with her work, while TK is feeling more settled in his life at Doldam. As YJ walks away from Doldam and takes a look back, I get the sense that she knows where the hospital is now, and that the staff are competent and caring. I expect that Doldam will get more visits from YJ. 

On 19/01/2017 at 8:22 AM, heroonthebeach said:

hey all! sharing my thoughts here with you guys on the prequel... https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2017/01/19/romantic-doctor-teacher-kim-prequel-appendix-the-beginning-of-everything/

i actually enjoyed the prequel much more than episode 20.. there were so many cute scenes and my favourite one was the final scene where we got to see young nurse oh work with young master kim.. haha.. i kept smiling at that scene and it was such a good note to end the show on! 

Kim Hye Soo does a very good job though and she imbues her character of Yeong Joo with the right amount of sentimentality and familiarity with Master Kim. The close relationship they used to share is so tangibly felt and the connection is so real as they talk about previous times, without any sense of resentment but all in good humour and acceptance of what happened.

LOVE THIS SCENE. FRIENDS... ! ONE OF THE BEST WORDS.

rdtkprequel4

My favourite moment of connection between them was when Master Kim asked her, “Do you need it?” and she responds, “Can I borrow it”, and he subsequently sits next to her for her to rest her head on his shoulders. It was such a moment of intimacy and understanding, yet played so appropriately as a moment shared between two close friends, not two lovers.

On 20/01/2017 at 0:24 AM, LyraYoo said:

I

I am glad I did not drop this . Han Suk Kyu is such a revelation to me ( didn't watch his previous dramas) and would agree that his juniors must learn from his performance. He had elevated a character into an icon of competence and philosophy driven outlook in life. I wish i would have met one mentor like him. We can wish.

This statement would always remain in my heart . It will hit you hard specially on those times you would want to ask the same question. I hope the writer would create another masterpiece in the future. I had a wonderful watch from her Baking King Kim Tak Gu , then another icon is born form Kim Sabu :D. I will look forward to her upcoming works.

"Do not give up on asking the questions about why we live and what we live for.

The moment you give up on that, the romance in life ends"

Quote from @angel2013

TK really has high taste ya for women hehehe it was fitting for Kim Hye Soo to be his ex. When the two just share a quiet moment together as she leans down on his shoulder for some comfort and strength it was really romantic. Two outwardly strong person sharing their own weaknesses to each other is so beautiful. Haha though i would love to see them in their bickering days and then falling in love with one another, just like what Mgr Jang said its dejavu! cue KangDongJoo and YoonSeoJung. 

Quote from @drmjs

As young physicians, probably filled with the zeal of making their marks in the world, TK and YJ had to part ways in order to pursue their dreams. TK went to the Cleveland Clinic (a center primarily known for advances in cardio thoracic care), LJ joined Doctors Without Borders (a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping areas deprived of medical care). They seem to have different ideals, TK was more into the rat race until he got burnt badly and LJ was all about service to others, but the ravages of war left her emotionally empty. What was clearly striking though is how they were alike in inclination. They are both selfless and motivated to help people without any once of hesitation. TK and LJ share this deep bond and no matter where they are, they still gravitate towards each other. LJ may have felt lost but TK provided her with a safe harbor. She marveled at how the once brash and blasé TK seemed to have honed romantic ideals of making a difference where it mattered. They're a apart but not quite. I loved their story arc. 

10 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@angel2013

It is nice that the cast & crew were given a holiday to Cebu as a reward

The many times that I have travel to & fro to Seoul (Incheon), I only encounter once (& hopefully the last) of sharing a cabin with a drama cast & crew

I was returning home on a Singapore Airlines flight from Incheon & had to share the flight with main cast & crew (was told there were 80 people) from the KBS drama Spy Myeong Wol where they were going to Singapore for overseas location. It was rowdy & they became a nuisance to other passengers on flight...doesn't help when free flow drinks are on board & acting like a school bus trip

The poor Korean speaking air stewardess was harassed on how to filled the disembarkation form for the arrival to Singapore......I had to teach some of them on what details to fill & asked them to pass on the sample to others since some of them have no comprehension in the English or Chinese language

The actress Han Ye Seul ( I have yet to see any of her drama & films) was beyond words of comment or words. I later learn that she had an alleged hit & run incident a month ago & suffer bad press. I told myself I will never watch this drama & in turn that she did created a fiasco for this drama too

Oh wow such an interesting encounter albeit not a very pleasant one :o

@lavender2love seeing you writing about all about KSB makes me want to write something about our barley tea couple, maybe i should, i will mull over it since there is no RDTK to look forward to coming Monday/Tuesday :bawling:

So far, RDTK wrap up interviews are out for YangSeJong, JinKyung and even YoonNaMoo! Still waiting for HanSukKyu, Seo HyunJin and YooYeonSeok interview! I hope they pali pali come out or do we have to wait until they get back from Cebu? :(

Have a ROMANTIC weekend! lol :tongue:

I would like to start with this pic

5zjSyyZ.jpg

It is so true that our barley tea couple do not have much screen time as a couple, yet with that little screen time they moved us, endeared us and cause us to root and cheer for their relationship more than anything else. It also pained us to see both are equally attracted to one another but yet because of circumstances were not able to be together sooner. And yeah we even argued over it, hahaha and don't know since when there came about a DJ camp and SJ camp :tongue: but it all goes to show how much this couple impacted upon our lives. And so here I share my fond memories of this unique couple, who bicker together, grow together and love together.

Kang Poker Face and Crazy whale, index finger Queen Yoon Seo Jung first encounter: love war at first sight.

SoYpuAH.jpg

Their explosive exchanges when SJ is p*** off by his attitude and DJ is equally p*** at her assigning the difficult cases to him was memorable. But just as KDJ is quick to hate, he is also quick to fall in love! How he was mesmerised by SJ looking so cool, daring to take risk to save the life of a patient. To KDJ it was no turning back, so at the earliest opportunity he took SJ by surprise with a kiss as well as a confession. 

Y76CbJS.jpgPjL9mS1.jpg

But for SJ it was a struggle, although moved, she had a boyfriend at that time, worst still, she thinks its because of her honesty, they got into accident where Dr Moon eventually died. It was all too much for her to take in so she ran away.

But fate was not done with them yet, as they met again 5 years later unexpectedly in an old rugged Doldam hospital located in the middle of nowhere. Suddenly all the feelings and emotions welled up within them, for DJ I believe it was a mixture of disbelief yet of happiness, for SJ it was shocked and apprehension. So much so that it triggered her PTSD once again with dire consequences.

While DJ remained honest about his feelings towards SJ but SJ couldn't bring herself to come near to DJ because of immense guilt and trepidation. So while DJ kept coming to SJ and express his desire for her, SJ kept pushing him away or avoid the situation at all cost. The turning point was (to me) when DJ decides to leave Doldam because of various reason and ask if SJ ever thought about him in all these years. SJ finally admitted a bit of her feeling towards him for the first time by saying she occasionally thinks of him from time to time.

DJ stayed on in Doldam because of TK primarily but SJ tiny confession became a secondary motivation. DJ showed his care and concern whenever he could though in the midst they were still arguing about many things. But SJ also gives in her own little ways some encouragement to DJ whenever he faces a hard time with TK. I feel with the time spent together, SJ's feelings for DJ grew stronger and she finds herself finding it more and more difficult for her to resist him. I think she was particularly moved when DJ came all the way to Seoul to pick her up when she left Doldam. This is second turning point for SJ opening up her heart towards DJ.

Spoiler

jlMBi8A.jpgP82BMaX.jpg

Then finally we have the breakthrough in their relationship when DJ falls seriously ill, with the possibility that she might lose DJ, SJ cast aside everything to be at his side. I think it is at this point that she realised that she love DJ just as much as he loves her and wants to be together. However, rationality kicks in when she receives DJ's necklace gift for her and it seems that it will all comes to naught again if not for DJ's persistance. And so after such a long wait, we finally get our couple's long sweet second kiss.

Spoiler

HP9cnAM.jpg

And thus, Doldam's first couple was born albeit in secrecy. Because of this, we get hilarious cute OTP moments, KDJ many love languages, KDJ's jealousy and sweet SJ's little affirmation by just holding unto his arms. All these made our hearts fluttered so much as we gushed at the barley tea couple's adorableness. Their love became so stable that even knowing both are admired by In-Boem and YeonHwa could not shake it. Like KDJ say, definitely, NEVER!

Spoiler

rUR1k4E.jpgBSz7XlP.jpg

It seems SJ would only make a move or step when it seems DJ might leave her. So now its the third time charm?(just as DJ asked her 3 times to date him) When SJ imagines that DJ might leave to US, she decides to play cool and make memories with him and let him go. But of course DJ would have none of that, although unhappy with SJ's reaction to it, this however gave SJ the courage to finally utter those words that he longs to hear "I love you" It's so sweet it gives me goosebumps. And we get to see this lovely couple flirting in the OR no less *heol*

Spoiler

HkiDUS3.jpg

I really love the simplicity of their love story, although there was a bit of anxiety and anguish to see 2 people clearly attracted and yet could not come together. And there was no 3rd party to complicate it further(darn there goes my chance to see a jealous SJ, she's just too cool about it even knowing that YH likes DJ) But i love them to bits, for DJ being faithful from start to finish, for SJ overcoming that dread trauma not because she realised that her ex-boyfriend had cheated on her but because of DJ's overwhelming love. I believe this kind of couple relationship is forever.

Thank you barley tea couple for the ride. Please live happily ever after!

Just my little tribute to the barley tea couple, dongseo couple, bestcouple, life couple of RDTK!

@LyraYooWow YangSeJong is really going places with just one drama! and another big one coming up too! Lucky guy! of course he's cute and did good as In Boem too. I saw a lot of his news article on twitter land too.

Here's an official update from Hallym University Dontan Sacred heart hospital on YYS(Dr Kang) and SHJ(Dr Yoon) aka barley tea couple visit to the pediatric ward for the free hug event on Jan17.

@lavender2love I'm impressed at how KHS adapted to her role as surgeon. She was so good at being practical with her surgical approach, you would think she was one of the regulars in the drama series. LJ brought with her the sensibilities every surgeon working at war torn countries has, their ability to adapt with any given situation. The way she explored the shotgun injury was so methodical and thorough. If TK was all about speed and ability to think under pressure, LJ was the same but she's more fearless and creative with her approach. I would have loved it if she came into the series about 2 or 3 early and worked with KSB on a case, I mean in the operating room with him, DJ wasn't bad but can you imagine being second assist to two gods at work? 

Also as a sequel, I would love to see what KDJ eventually chose as sub specialization, will it be cardio thoracic surgery? The way I understood it, SJ completed her specialization in ER Medicine and she took on General Surgery as well? That's why she's a double specialization holder? Or maybe at Korea, they can proceed and specialize in Cardio Thoracic surgery even with out the General Surgery prerequisite? Anyway, if DJ would eventually take up CTS, then can you imagine the kind of husband and wife team they'd make? 

I'd also love to see DIB in action. It seemed like he was leaning towards minimally invasive surgery and he's a good at it. Actually, because his story was overshadowed by his personal problems with his father and his search for his true identity, his prowess in laparoscopic surgery took a back seat. But to be able to perform a procedure with just a single exposure to it means he's more than good, it means that he's a fast learner. He didn't have to be strict with YH, I know some surgeons who would just behave indifferently towards their juniors, but he took the time to correct her mistakes even if he was harsh. How else will YH learn? Like what I said in my previous post, the lessons that usually resonated were the ones we got from tough teachers. TK was actually probably like IB when he was younger. 

I would love to see their dynamics as a team at Doldam, how they all gelled together, each with their own tasks at hand, performing procedures. DJ, IB and SJ all working in a case together. SJ's first surgical procedure as the lead surgeon etc. The trauma center coming into fruition etc. But I guess that would be too expensive to produce lol. 

@angel2013 I loved DJ and SJ's love story, you nailed it. 

Archived