ANATOLIA STORY

Guest ~neh~long~

oh this manga... it's pretty old. it's the best series by the author so far imo.

very interesting storyline but, it STILL appears ripped off Ouke no Monshou to me.

well i heard that Ouke no Monshou refuses to end and keeps recycling plots... so~ one vote for Red River :P

Hmmmm.. one of those that I decided to drop. It's a good one + smut all over. LOL. but I guess I'm not really fond of historical.. too much historical. my mind cannot absorb it. tee-hee. and it's really long.

i don't mind historical. i do mind politics >_<. but there was enough romance + smut to keep me going. lolz... but if that's off-putting for certain readers, just know that it's not senseless smut just to be trashy. all the sexual attraction/tension actually makes sense. i mean, yuri & kail has got like the hottest most passionate chemistry i've seen from a manga, it's almost insane.

rr04.jpgrr05.jpg

• 8 months later...
Guest Animeuver

i mean, yuri & kail has got like the hottest most passionate chemistry i've seen from a manga, it's almost insane.

Me Gusta. :D I totally get what you mean. Anatolia Story is my first manga and will forever be in my top favourites list for it's amazing storyline, good mix of romance and the history. The politics was easy to understand too (Death Note killed me over and over with its crazy lines), at the very least. :)

I feel so sad that not many have read this series. The author is one of my faves too; I've read all of her mangas, and she's got a great mind for these kind of creative storylines that are not too mainstream.

Though this story do kinda reminds me of 'The Daughter of River Nile', it's still frankly, very different in their own ways. :)

I've already lost count of how many times I've read this. Me and my mum would rent this whole series to read it from time to time in the past it's insane! XD

• 5 weeks later...
Guest reinlee

lol I came upon this thread long after Anatolia Story was completed, but....I LOVE THIS MANGA! It's one of my favorites and I read a wide range of manga types...I definitely recommend this to anyone who likes historical/romance/adventure types. Anyone who has read From Far Away/etc. will like this.

• 4 weeks later...

I've already lost count of how many times I've read this. Me and my mum would rent this whole series to read it from time to time in the past it's insane! XD

lol your mom too? You must be Japanese because my mom refers to my manga as children picture books >_<

I read this one way too many times too. I want to read her other stuff but they don't publish English versions for them.

• 4 months later...
Guest pleasedefineinsane

I LOVE Red River! It was sort of hard to get used to the art at first- cause I read manga that is very modern- but I'm so glad I continued reading it! I love how the story ties in with real events- like the Hittite's war with Mitanni and Egypt! Certain parts of the story just made me shiver because it was so good!I started a wikia of it, but it's really bad because I don't know what to do :( I just wanted to make it. 

Archived