[BL Webdrama] Men with Sword 刺客列传

IMOmusings

4 hours ago, outsanity said:

Ohhhh, do you have links to those 3 cut clips? I would like to see them. For thirst quenching, you can try fanfictions - There's a bunch on Lofter on 蹇齐 / BinKan. I like to watch BTS/fan-meets/stuffs of shows and actors I like because it usually depicts everyone having fun and I kinda feel closer to the actors, enabling to understand their characters more.

The ending came out. The ending for Mongru/Zhi Ming is exactly as I foresee - I really hope there's a season two. What if Zhi Ming, for Mongru, changed and decide he wants to world? In Episode 28, Mongru greets Zhi Ming as how a subject greets the king - Mongru never did that before and he doesn't even show that kind of respect to the bearded king.

Is it a plothole that Kunyi & Gonsun's sword did the magic power thing in the beginning, but when Kun died, nothing happened to Kunyi? Or did I miss something?

I actually also have to argue that it's not that bad, plotwise. It remained intriguing to the end without dying off in the middle and while the ploys are rather simplistic, without much mind-blowing plot-in-plots it's full of action. 

Oh, you mean is that one of the plot holes?  :))  But what was the ending anyways?  I think it's overly simplistic but hey I can roll with anything given the eye candies.

I don't recall seeing this.

14446056_190888894673304_214712528229451

Kan taking Bin home after caring for him at his residence
cut01.png

The border patrol date in couple outfits
date01.jpg
date03.jpgdate02.jpg

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

Oh, you mean is that one of the plot holes?  :))  But what was the ending anyways?  I think it's overly simplistic but hey I can roll with anything given the eye candies.

I don't recall seeing this.

Also on topic of plotholes, none of Murong's clothes or hair is wet even though he was playing his flute in the rain for a long while. 

Murong Li killed Gongsun, and then Murong Li leaves Zhi Ming for the Bearded King.

Mm, it's a bright era for the digital age. I look forward to more "fanservice-type" series, haha. I wonder if there's anything else like this yet? Wuxia/ancient China with pretty boys and BL fanservice, heh. xD It kinda reminds me of anime.  

Oo. Also did some digging around. I love how Evan's "idea type" is "Filial, sweet, gentle" where Ian's ideal type is "Elegant and good-looking!" I'm kind of just like *cough*. I also saw the BTS where both Evan and Ian called Bin the handsomest. I'm just surprised by the fact that Ian is 19 years old. He looked so much older. I'm starting to feel as if I'm too old to ship these people LOL

3 minutes ago, outsanity said:

Also on topic of plotholes, none of Murong's clothes or hair is wet even though he was playing his flute in the rain for a long while. 

Reveal hidden contents

Murong Li killed Gongsun, and then Murong Li leaves Zhi Ming for the Bearded King.

Mm, it's a bright era for the digital age. I look forward to more "fanservice-type" series, haha. I wonder if there's anything else like this yet? Wuxia/ancient China with pretty boys and BL fanservice, heh. xD It kinda reminds me of anime.  

Oo. Also did some digging around. I love how Evan's "idea type" is "Filial, sweet, gentle" where Ian's ideal type is "Elegant and good-looking!" I'm kind of just like *cough*. I also saw the BTS where both Evan and Ian called Bin the handsomest. I'm just surprised by the fact that Ian is 19 years old. He looked so much older. I'm starting to feel as if I'm too old to ship these people LOL

You remember the part after Kan killed himself and the swords started to have these resonating reaction?  Then red robe pulled out the sword from the flute?  I was like whut?  He was playing the flute with a sword in it like it wasn't hollow? :))  I think it must be an advanced recorder of sort.  :))

The  ending is not surprising.  The fans will cry in pain.  I'm  so glad my couple ended up killing themselves together the same way.  They loved each other to the very end.  I'm so proud of BinKan.  My lovelies.

And  yes I saw their ideal types and I was like *ahem* *ahem*  Don't worry my dear it's never too old to ship.  Do you even know how old I am?  :))  They're about the age of my nephews.  :))  Precious indeed.

22 hours ago, Shinobu said:

You remember the part after Kan killed himself and the swords started to have these resonating reaction?  Then red robe pulled out the sword from the flute?  I was like whut?  He was playing the flute with a sword in it like it wasn't hollow? :))  I think it must be an advanced recorder of sort.  :))

The  ending is not surprising.  The fans will cry in pain.  I'm  so glad my couple ended up killing themselves together the same way.  They loved each other to the very end.  I'm so proud of BinKan.  My lovelies.

And  yes I saw their ideal types and I was like *ahem* *ahem*  Don't worry my dear it's never too old to ship.  Do you even know how old I am?  :))  They're about the age of my nephews.  :))  Precious indeed.

Oh, Murong's been pulling a a sword from his flute. Trust me, I have absolutely no idea how that is supposed to work, but the idea is cool and I'd accept it LOL. Just like how I accept that Kan is cuts down everything other thing in his own courtyard during practicing his sword. Or that somehow you have the crappiest king in the world but absolutely no one rebels. Or how all the bad kings have really good advisers and how all the good kings (Bin, Meng) have the crappiest courts of the year. Or how a kingdom's court have just like 2 important member..

Yeah... let's just not, lmao. I didn't regret a single second that I spent watching the show and that's enough xP

The Viet fan community is so big ; If only English sub comes out so more people can hop aboard the train xP I'd actually give it a 8.5/10 because it scratches all the BL itch so well with enough action going on :3 

I like the Bin/Kan couple but I feel like it doesn't stay on your mind because you already know how it ends. Whereas Zhi Ming/Murong leaves a LOT of possibilities. I'm glad to hear that, though. I wouldn't mind enjoying all this stuff at any age :3

1 hour ago, outsanity said:

Oh, Murong's been pulling a a sword from his flute. Trust me, I have absolutely no idea how that is supposed to work, but the idea is cool and I'd accept it LOL. Just like how I accept that Kan is cuts down everything other thing in his own courtyard during practicing his sword. Or that somehow you have the crappiest king in the world but absolutely no one rebels. Or how all the bad kings have really good advisers and how all the good kings (Bin, Meng) have the crappiest courts of the year. Or how a kingdom's court have just like 2 important member..

Yeah... let's just not, lmao. I didn't regret a single second that I spent watching the show and that's enough xP

The Viet fan community is so big ; If only English sub comes out so more people can hop aboard the train xP I'd actually give it a 8.5/10 because it scratches all the BL itch so well with enough action going on :3 

I like the Bin/Kan couple but I feel like it doesn't stay on your mind because you already know how it ends. Whereas Zhi Ming/Murong leaves a LOT of possibilities. I'm glad to hear that, though. I wouldn't mind enjoying all this stuff at any age :3

Ha ha I didn't watch red robe scenes so that was the first time I saw him taking out his sword.  I skimmed a whole lot hence I missed out lots of strange stuff.  :)) 

There is a Viet community but I don't get the impression that it's that big.  Reason why there isn't many Viet subs out there.  It's not exactly easy to sub this also.  The script uses these old verses.  I myself have problem translating from Han Viet to English.  Back in the days I used to watch lots of wuxia dramas so I could translate better but I stopped watching ancient series and I feel like my brain is rotting as I'm forgetting how to translate Han Viet to English.  And there's me being lazy and all.  But the script sounds kind of nice.  I especially like Bin's sweet talk to Kan a whole lot.  He's so smooth.  :))  Kan said some nice things at times too.

Looking back BinKan really has the best ending out of all the couples.  My heart still aches for them in some ways sorrow in other ways happiness.  It's a bittersweet feeling.  If you know of links for fanarts or pics and stuff from Chinese fans please post links.  I can't get into weibo though.  If only I can read Chinese fics.  Viet fans did translate some BinKan fics and they're pretty good, most about after their death.  Hopefully I'll see more.

They did say they plan to have part 2 or whatever.  Who knows.  Maybe they'll continue the story with your ship.  My couple is dead so there ain't no chance they'll crawl back from the grave.  Right now I'm starting to dream about another ancient series focusing on BinKan or Evan Ian as a pair with real romantic moments.  :))

43 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

Ha ha I didn't watch red robe scenes so that was the first time I saw him taking out his sword.  I skimmed a whole lot hence I missed out lots of strange stuff.  :)) 

There is a Viet community but I don't get the impression that it's that big.  Reason why there isn't many Viet subs out there.  It's not exactly easy to sub this also.  The script uses these old verses.  I myself have problem translating from Han Viet to English.  Back in the days I used to watch lots of wuxia dramas so I could translate better but I stopped watching ancient series and I feel like my brain is rotting as I'm forgetting how to translate Han Viet to English.  And there's me being lazy and all.  But the script sounds kind of nice.  I especially like Bin's sweet talk to Kan a whole lot.  He's so smooth.  :))  Kan said some nice things at times too.

Looking back BinKan really has the best ending out of all the couples.  My heart still aches for them in some ways sorrow in other ways happiness.  It's a bittersweet feeling.  If you know of links for fanarts or pics and stuff from Chinese fans please post links.  I can't get into weibo though.  If only I can read Chinese fics.  Viet fans did translate some BinKan fics and they're pretty good, most about after their death.  Hopefully I'll see more.

They did say they plan to have part 2 or whatever.  Who knows.  Maybe they'll continue the story with your ship.  My couple is dead so there ain't no chance they'll crawl back from the grave.  Right now I'm starting to dream about another ancient series focusing on BinKan or Evan Ian as a pair with real romantic moments.  :))

There are just a lot more Viet videos on YouTube than Chinese or English. There are even more Viet BTS/fanvids/whatever. I'm lucky I can understand what the actors are saying despite the Viet pasted all over it, haha. The script's not horrible, but just like the plot, there are inconsistencies and things one has to overlook.

LOFTER (Chinese tumblr-like site) has a few tags for this series, along with tags for pretty much every ship in the series. Here is a link directly to the Bin/Kan tag and Kan/Bin tag (the official pairing name is called Qi/Jian, Jian/Qi or "Double White")- I haven't shift through it yet, but will share artworks and what not. Bin/Kan, I feel is the only real pairing in the show. Their story, from start to finish, is completed and beautiful. Though, I kind of prefer Kan/Bin over Bin/Kan in that sense that Bin is always the one scared/needing to be protected/getting emotional. >.>

Well, my ship is the only ship where both characters are still alive by the end of season 1, LOL. I don't think they have much of a choice but for those two characters to interact, even if they fight against one another. I hope that Murong's leaving "wakes up" Zhi Ming. I see a certain sharpness in his eyes that feels like dormant potential. 

31 minutes ago, outsanity said:

There are just a lot more Viet videos on YouTube than Chinese or English. There are even more Viet BTS/fanvids/whatever. I'm lucky I can understand what the actors are saying despite the Viet pasted all over it, haha. The script's not horrible, but just like the plot, there are inconsistencies and things one has to overlook.

LOFTER (Chinese tumblr-like site) has a few tags for this series, along with tags for pretty much every ship in the series. Here is a link directly to the Bin/Kan tag and Kan/Bin tag (the official pairing name is called Qi/Jian, Jian/Qi or "Double White")- I haven't shift through it yet, but will share artworks and what not. Bin/Kan, I feel is the only real pairing in the show. Their story, from start to finish, is completed and beautiful. Though, I kind of prefer Kan/Bin over Bin/Kan in that sense that Bin is always the one scared/needing to be protected/getting emotional. >.>

Well, my ship is the only ship where both characters are still alive by the end of season 1, LOL. I don't think they have much of a choice but for those two characters to interact, even if they fight against one another. I hope that Murong's leaving "wakes up" Zhi Ming. I see a certain sharpness in his eyes that feels like dormant potential. 

The original Chinese bts clips are on youtube as well.  I saw many Chinese MVs posted as well.  It isn't translated to English so I don't think there's a following from non-Chinese or non-Viet fans.

Thanks for the links.  But it looks like I need an account or something to see any post there.  When I clicked onto a certain post, it prompted me to sign into something.  Damn.

Oh, the BinKan and KanBin debate did happen in the Viet community as well.  I'm firmly on the BinKan side because I see Bin as the pursuer and pursuer for me is always the seme.  Kan though is better at fighting and often rescues Bin but he acts too uke in front of Bin.  And in fact Bin that say that Kan is shou in some eps ago.  It's a running joke between them and the fans too.  :))  I concur with Bin's assessment.  :))

From what you said it seems firm that they will roll with your pair and get new cast of people for part 2.  There were some speculations from fans that part 2 may be the prequel but I doubt it.  BinKan's fans were hoping it would be about the love story between BinKan's fathers.  :))  We can all dream can we. 

9 hours ago, Shinobu said:

The original Chinese bts clips are on youtube as well.  I saw many Chinese MVs posted as well.  It isn't translated to English so I don't think there's a following from non-Chinese or non-Viet fans.

Thanks for the links.  But it looks like I need an account or something to see any post there.  When I clicked onto a certain post, it prompted me to sign into something.  Damn.

Oh, the BinKan and KanBin debate did happen in the Viet community as well.  I'm firmly on the BinKan side because I see Bin as the pursuer and pursuer for me is always the seme.  Kan though is better at fighting and often rescues Bin but he acts too uke in front of Bin.  And in fact Bin that say that Kan is shou in some eps ago.  It's a running joke between them and the fans too.  :))  I concur with Bin's assessment.  :))

From what you said it seems firm that they will roll with your pair and get new cast of people for part 2.  There were some speculations from fans that part 2 may be the prequel but I doubt it.  BinKan's fans were hoping it would be about the love story between BinKan's fathers.  :))  We can all dream can we. 

If they are, they are a lot harder to find, lol. I have noticed - I hope it does get subbed in English very soon. I feel like it'd attract a much bigger following in English-based communities. It is fairly active in Chinese-based communities like Lofter, though my Chinese is only adequate and I don't read that fast. I would say Lofter has a lot of quality fics, reviews, evaluations and artworks, but if you cant read Chinese, there is no point registering. x;

Haha, I will join the Kan/Bin side, then. Pursuer for me is usually "seme" but I love, love, love dominant "ukes" as well c; (I hate the standard dichotomy of "seme"/"uke", by the way. Don't even want to use those words.) But Bin's brand of "Am I good looking?" "I'm scared." "Well, I'm not scared since you're here." "Xiao Qi~ Xiao Qi~" is just ....stop being such a woman, Bin xP Then again, this is even more down to individual preference and there's probably a solid amount of fanwork for both. (And honestly, I don't give that much damn as long as they stay in-character.)

Probably. I feel like that country-by-country introduction+assassination in ep1 is enough of a prequel. I feel like Part 2 should focus on a war between Bearded King (+Murong) and Purple Lace. Perhaps Zhi Ming matures into a king, takes down the two war-torn kingdoms and Murong eventually returns to rule by his side?

13 hours ago, Shinobu said:

Just finished the last 2 episodes... I'm surprised nothing got resolved... Well, the good news is that season 2 is confirmed in one of the cast member's live stream. We just don't know for sure who will be still in the drama. 

I think that season 2 is probably going to be a continuation of the story rather than a prequel. The ones who have the swords have the potential of being revived~ as mentioned by Zhong Kun Yi (the dude with a blue stripe hair), since the owner of the sword and the sword is bound in same way, it may be possible to reverse the binding? <--- sorry, super vague and what not. I guess a better way to put it is that the soul of the sword's owner might be within the sword and that it might be possible to separate that connection and bring them back to life? That seems to be what they are implying... But that would mean Bin would be in season 2 :((((( sigh, not sure what they are going to do

Here's some Evan & Ian /BinKan photos from Evan's weibo recent Q&A to feel less sad about the possibility of no more BinKan in season 2 :/

d3358926gw1f865ltbbddj20qo103tex.jpg

92ba951bgw1f865bvu5bcj21bh0qonb6.jpg

caption says: Want to kiss him

005tPnS9jw1f865ax89ihj30jg0rhacl.jpg

a6955cf3jw1f865dz1i0zj20fu0m8dlz.jpg

23 hours ago, outsanity said:

The ending came out. The ending for Mongru/Zhi Ming is exactly as I foresee - I really hope there's a season two. What if Zhi Ming, for Mongru, changed and decide he wants to world? In Episode 28, Mongru greets Zhi Ming as how a subject greets the king - Mongru never did that before and he doesn't even show that kind of respect to the bearded king.

Is it a plothole that Kunyi & Gonsun's sword did the magic power thing in the beginning, but when Kun died, nothing happened to Kunyi? Or did I miss something?

I actually also have to argue that it's not that bad, plotwise. It remained intriguing to the end without dying off in the middle and while the ploys are rather simplistic, without much mind-blowing plot-in-plots it's full of action. 

I'm hoping season 2 will have what your version of Zhi Ming changing and wanting the world, that'll be interesting to watch. 

As for the nothing happening to Kunyi plolehole, rather than showing that something happened to him, they mentioned it in conversation. It was when a servant was reporting to the king about Kunyi coming back to the capital and saying that he got sick (this coincided with the other characters feeling uncomfortable when Kan killed himself)

The plot of the drama is embedded within the dialogue and conversations people have because of all the plotting and scheming people have to do haha (reminds me of Death Note with tons and tons of dialogue). Aside from the fan service/cp stuff in this drama, the writing and plot of the drama is pretty well done. It's intricate enough that you need to watch with your full attention in order to keep up with what everyone's agenda and schemes. 

On 9/24/2016 at 11:44 AM, Shinobu said:

They just released BinKan bts clips right before or after they died.  I felt like the PR team for this drama was sleeping on the job.  Anyways, I've seen what I could of BinKan bts clips but they're not enough to wench my thirst.  I'm want something more substantial.  :))  I do have a collector mentality and I buy dramas boxsets preferably in blu-ray format for quality reasons.  I don't ever watch the dramas again but I go through it for any additional information I haven't seen.  There were 3 clips they cut that I saw.  One when Kan took Bin back to his residence after they met.  Two, when they went on a date surveying the border in couple outfits and three, when Kan looked like he put on a robe for Bin or fixing Bin's robe.  I'm dying to see those scenes.

I agree with you that the PR could have done better with marketing this show. They focused too much on the cp and not so much about the unique all male cast, story/plot, and action of the drama. 

Just curious, do you know if fans do a trending attempt on weibo like on fandoms on twitter? I think that'll definitely help with publicity and get more people into this drama. 

Also, please support the official streaming site so that season 2 happens for sure!! http://tv.sohu.com/20160813/n464076682.shtml

4 hours ago, outsanity said:

If they are, they are a lot harder to find, lol. I have noticed - I hope it does get subbed in English very soon. I feel like it'd attract a much bigger following in English-based communities. It is fairly active in Chinese-based communities like Lofter, though my Chinese is only adequate and I don't read that fast. I would say Lofter has a lot of quality fics, reviews, evaluations and artworks, but if you cant read Chinese, there is no point registering. x;

Haha, I will join the Kan/Bin side, then. Pursuer for me is usually "seme" but I love, love, love dominant "ukes" as well c; (I hate the standard dichotomy of "seme"/"uke", by the way. Don't even want to use those words.) But Bin's brand of "Am I good looking?" "I'm scared." "Well, I'm not scared since you're here." "Xiao Qi~ Xiao Qi~" is just ....stop being such a woman, Bin xP Then again, this is even more down to individual preference and there's probably a solid amount of fanwork for both. (And honestly, I don't give that much damn as long as they stay in-character.)

Probably. I feel like that country-by-country introduction+assassination in ep1 is enough of a prequel. I feel like Part 2 should focus on a war between Bearded King (+Murong) and Purple Lace. Perhaps Zhi Ming matures into a king, takes down the two war-torn kingdoms and Murong eventually returns to rule by his side?

I was just hoping to see some pics and stuff but I can't even see them without having an account.  Oh well.

Kan isn't timid and at least not with other people other than Bin.  In front of Bin, he's like a little puppy.  I find that extremely amusing.  And though the dynamics between them showed Bin depended on Kan a lot, I just can't see Kan as the pursuer in the relationship, or at least not what I've seen in the drama.  But the result from the battle between gong and shou is already decided.  Kan is stuck with shou.  I think he takes it well.  :)))  The image suits him.  Such a sweetie pie.  :))

I was thinking that red robe should have seduced blue robe to kill purple robe then after that red robe can kill blue robe.  But then I guess they want to leave part 2 for vengeance the saga continues.  

1 hour ago, elliezsnow said:

Just finished the last 2 episodes... I'm surprised nothing got resolved... Well, the good news is that season 2 is confirmed in one of the cast member's live stream. We just don't know for sure who will be still in the drama. 

I think that season 2 is probably going to be a continuation of the story rather than a prequel. The ones who have the swords have the potential of being revived~ as mentioned by Zhong Kun Yi (the dude with a blue stripe hair), since the owner of the sword and the sword is bound in same way, it may be possible to reverse the binding? <--- sorry, super vague and what not. I guess a better way to put it is that the soul of the sword's owner might be within the sword and that it might be possible to separate that connection and bring them back to life? That seems to be what they are implying... But that would mean Bin would be in season 2 :((((( sigh, not sure what they are going to do

Here's some Evan & Ian /BinKan photos from Evan's weibo recent Q&A to feel less sad about the possibility of no more BinKan in season 2 :/

Thanks so much deary for the pics and fanarts.  I'm telling you.  It was love at first sight for Kan, seeing such a handsome man lying on the road.  :))  

It's sad that it won't be a prequel and that Evan and Ian won't be in it anymore.  My dream of seeing this beautiful couple in another BL ancient drama shattered to pieces.  I doubt they'll do another one together ever again.  I just had that bad feeling in my bones.  Without them, I won't be following.

43 minutes ago, elliezsnow said:

I'm hoping season 2 will have what your version of Zhi Ming changing and wanting the world, that'll be interesting to watch. 

As for the nothing happening to Kunyi plolehole, rather than showing that something happened to him, they mentioned it in conversation. It was when a servant was reporting to the king about Kunyi coming back to the capital and saying that he got sick (this coincided with the other characters feeling uncomfortable when Kan killed himself)

The plot of the drama is embedded within the dialogue and conversations people have because of all the plotting and scheming people have to do haha (reminds me of Death Note with tons and tons of dialogue). Aside from the fan service/cp stuff in this drama, the writing and plot of the drama is pretty well done. It's intricate enough that you need to watch with your full attention in order to keep up with what everyone's agenda and schemes. 

I agree with you that the PR could have done better with marketing this show. They focused too much on the cp and not so much about the unique all male cast, story/plot, and action of the drama. 

Just curious, do you know if fans do a trending attempt on weibo like on fandoms on twitter? I think that'll definitely help with publicity and get more people into this drama. 

Also, please support the official streaming site so that season 2 happens for sure!! http://tv.sohu.com/20160813/n464076682.shtml

I tried to watch it through the site but I wasn't able to do so unfortunately.  After seeing some clips of how they promoted this series, I wasn't very impressed with the PR team.  It was kind of pathetic actually.  But I think eventually it'll get more exposure.  There were times in the past when I watched a certain drama and nobody was into it then after a while I checked back it had quite a following.  I was like where were all these people when I watched this drama.  We could have had great conversations about it.  :))

1 hour ago, elliezsnow said:

I feel like it's so likely, because of all the hints dropped that Zhi Ming is intelligent and would be a good king (by Murong himself, no less). 

Oh, I missed, then. That makes more sense. And yes, I agree. From Kunyi's market manipulations to all the court intricacies, I feel like it is rather intricate (I still complain that it lacks depth, though. The schemes didn't WOW me the way NiF did, but I bet I'll catch things I missed if I rewatch.) I love Death Note as well.

I don't know - I don't use weibo beyond stalking Hu Ge and Wang Kai after NiF came out last year. 

@Shinobu

In my mind, pursuer =/= top, so yeah. Then again, this is probably the most pointless point to debate as you're basically saying your favorite color is this color and mine happens to be another color. xD

Well. Purple Robes is supposed to be extremely ambitious and intelligent, with a powerful army, Just that he was so depressed over losing his friend. They probably want to keep him around for season 2 to face off the bearded king who swallowed 2 countries. There's a lot of potential. 

I do think this show will reach a reasonable amount of popularity, especially when they get English subs. The plot is reasonable, the cast is so fricking pretty and it's super fun to watch. 

3 hours ago, outsanity said:

@Shinobu

In my mind, pursuer =/= top, so yeah. Then again, this is probably the most pointless point to debate as you're basically saying your favorite color is this color and mine happens to be another color. xD

Well. Purple Robes is supposed to be extremely ambitious and intelligent, with a powerful army, Just that he was so depressed over losing his friend. They probably want to keep him around for season 2 to face off the bearded king who swallowed 2 countries. There's a lot of potential. 

I do think this show will reach a reasonable amount of popularity, especially when they get English subs. The plot is reasonable, the cast is so fricking pretty and it's super fun to watch. 

Ha ha ha.  You just planted an image in my head where Kan turned into the roaring top in the night.  :)))  But yeah, let's end this with we agree to disagree.  As for the battle between BinKan themselves.  Bin said "we said our dear Kan is shou, therefore our dear Kan shall be shou."  And that was the end of that.  :)))

Isn't mustache aiming for conquest?  I would if I were him.  So Mustache absorbed White Robe and Green Robe.  Purple Robe King is broken again for losing the 2nd potential lover.  I say it's perfect timing for Mustache to pick the lily.  :))  The remaining Navy Robe with the lazy king should be a walk in the park.  I don't see a challenge there.  Besides, Red Robe Young Master will be advising Mustache in the process.  With the kind of simple warfare they've displayed, the second season should be done in 2 eps.  But wait, maybe there will be more countries cropping up.  We have to cover the whole color spectrum.  I suggest some pastel colors.  :))

@Shinobu

Mustache is aiming for conquest, but according to conversations, Purple has a really, really strong army (I feel like the reason Murong had to kill Blue was because Blue can lead Purple's Army). Purple is also noted to be extremely ambitious and intelligent. Just that his boyfriends keep dying LOL

It's also said that Navy robes (Zhi Ming) is quite smart and his country is very difficult to invade. You can actually tell from his logic that Zhi Ming is pretty insightful and thinks further ahead than other kings (Doesn't want to fight because it's his people who'd die, being the Supreme Ruler isn't going to make him immortal or happy). 

As for Murong, I highly doubt he'd really choose Bearded King over Zhi Ming, because he's smart enough to know that Bearded will likely dispose of him as soon as he's not as useful, whereas Zhi Ming genuinely wouldn't. 

The way Season 1 ended, the smart kings are left (I've always found Bin and Green to be hardworking and good kings, but lacking in the intelligence-scheming department).

Oh my god. They do need new colors. Anything is fine, as long as they don't use neon. I will laugh myself to death. They haven't used black yet, so that's up for grabs. Brown? Orange? 

Also. Zhi Ming and Murong actors also has this OUT OF THE WORLD  chemistry in real life. I will post the GIF and pictures later, when I am home. But dear lord. Ian/Evan is amazing bromance (I just see them as really, really good friends) but Chajie/Zhujian is chemistry. Real chemistry. 

Okay so our dear Kan in ep 22 said somethings I like to hear.  After Kan lost 70k troops, Bin had to relieve him from duty in order to protect his life.  Kan went back to his vacation home in brokeback mountain or blueberry hill or whatever.  The sneaky scholar from Green Robe came recruiting him.  This little lady badmouthed lord Bin in front of Kan insinuating that Bin was being cold to Kan, treating Kan badly.  What nerve.  Like he knew what was going on between Bin and Kan.  Kan came back with "Right now White Robe is dealing with enemies both from inside and outside.  Mustache is like a sharp knife hanging on White Robe's head awaiting to strike down.  Besides, I and my lord have an intimate relationship with deeply rooted bond.  If I go serve another, am I not pushing him to a dead end?"  Then little noosy lazy continued to convince him promising wonderful benefits (including medial and dental packages possibly) and other perks.  However, our dear Kan remained strong in his answer which made me very proud, "I'm afraid I will disappoint you.  I'm nothing but a man in an ordinary robe.  Once I've made a promise with my lord, I will not think of anything else in this life.  I thank you for your good intention but please forget about it altogether."  Our dear Kan deserves a round of applause for his firm loyalty to lord Bin.  

Next thing was Kan got the letter from the 4 knights of round table on top of some mountain.  He ordered his servant to take the letter to lord Bin to ask something to prove his position.  (This I have covered before.)  This is kind of funny actually.  Lord Bin was sitting in his inner chamber and Kan's servant just came out of nowhere.  I guess after Kan got promoted to General way back when, lord Bin didn't fill the close guard position due to White Robe's deficit.  Imagine if it was an assassin.  But anyways, the servant gave lord Bin the letter and said Kan asked for something.  Lord Bin asked is that all he said? as if he was hoping Kan would send some love message through his servant.  He looked very disappointed after the servant said that was all Kan said.  So he took out his marriage promise jade and gave it to the servant before anxiously asking the servant to tell Kan to be really careful.

9 hours ago, outsanity said:

@Shinobu

Mustache is aiming for conquest, but according to conversations, Purple has a really, really strong army (I feel like the reason Murong had to kill Blue was because Blue can lead Purple's Army). Purple is also noted to be extremely ambitious and intelligent. Just that his boyfriends keep dying LOL

It's also said that Navy robes (Zhi Ming) is quite smart and his country is very difficult to invade. You can actually tell from his logic that Zhi Ming is pretty insightful and thinks further ahead than other kings (Doesn't want to fight because it's his people who'd die, being the Supreme Ruler isn't going to make him immortal or happy). 

As for Murong, I highly doubt he'd really choose Bearded King over Zhi Ming, because he's smart enough to know that Bearded will likely dispose of him as soon as he's not as useful, whereas Zhi Ming genuinely wouldn't. 

The way Season 1 ended, the smart kings are left (I've always found Bin and Green to be hardworking and good kings, but lacking in the intelligence-scheming department).

Oh my god. They do need new colors. Anything is fine, as long as they don't use neon. I will laugh myself to death. They haven't used black yet, so that's up for grabs. Brown? Orange? 

Also. Zhi Ming and Murong actors also has this OUT OF THE WORLD  chemistry in real life. I will post the GIF and pictures later, when I am home. But dear lord. Ian/Evan is amazing bromance (I just see them as really, really good friends) but Chajie/Zhujian is chemistry. Real chemistry. 

The reason why Purple Robe's boyfriends keep dying is because he's a troublemaker.  And the consequences fall back onto his boyfriends.  Is the Navy Robe king smart or is he just lazy? :))  But I'm sure they'll make him some kind of lazy genius of sorts.  I'm usually into lazy genius too but looking at him I just felt that he's just lazy.  :))  But anyways, he didn't catch my attention and it went to somewhere else.  I think Red Robe should go with Mustache.  They seem to be on the same wavelength.  Bin at the first half was shown as being quite perceptive and confident but later on turned into temperamental and insecure.  It was a little abrupt I almost fell off my chair.  But it's okay.  White Robe was supposed to be destroyed.  It's a dirty job but someone has to be it.  :))

I heard about the chemistry of the RedNavy couple which is a good thing for their fans.  As for me, I'm just glad that Evan and Ian are from the same group and that they're quite close.  If I can't watch them on dramas, at least I can follow their activities or else I'll miss them terribly.  To me they're such sweet precious darlings.

52 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

The reason why Purple Robe's boyfriends keep dying is because he's a troublemaker.  And the consequences fall back onto his boyfriends.  Is the Navy Robe king smart or is he just lazy? :))  But I'm sure they'll make him some kind of lazy genius of sorts.  I'm usually into lazy genius too but looking at him I just felt that he's just lazy.  :))  But anyways, he didn't catch my attention and it went to somewhere else.  I think Red Robe should go with Mustache.  They seem to be on the same wavelength.  Bin at the first half was shown as being quite perceptive and confident but later on turned into temperamental and insecure.  It was a little abrupt I almost fell off my chair.  But it's okay.  White Robe was supposed to be destroyed.  It's a dirty job but someone has to be it.  :))

I heard about the chemistry of the RedNavy couple which is a good thing for their fans.  As for me, I'm just glad that Evan and Ian are from the same group and that they're quite close.  If I can't watch them on dramas, at least I can follow their activities or else I'll miss them terribly.  To me they're such sweet precious darlings.

It's formal logic: The girlier their attire, the more intelligent, trouble-making and scheme-y they are & the more less-girly characters will die for them. Or because of them. 

I've yet to see smart with my own eyes, but Zhiming is certainly insightful. And he cares about his people/country. 
Mustache and Murong are both smart, ambitious and calculating, but there is no way Mustache will let Murong live after Murong help him conquer the world simply because Murong is a tangible and lethal threat with royal blood. 

I lost half my faith in Bin after I realized how superstitious his country is and how superstitious he himself is. The whole show, I was mentally urging him to just scheme the Evil Priest's death and go conquer the world with Kan. I completely lost faith when he actually fell for the market-manipulation trap. Kinda knew he'd be first to go.  

All the characters have interesting dynamics with one another. The show was really well executed in terms of characterization and interactions. There are also some really poignant dialogue exchanges. Even if I have my own OTP, I completely understand why there could be something sizzling between every pairing, even really weird ones like Navy/Purple (Yes, I read a fic on that. I have no idea how, but it wasn't bad)

My biggest complaint is probably how many times characters keep fainting onto each other. Like, come on. Invent another way to get them in each other's arms. Or you'know, just go out and grab'em... xD'

ZJ = Zhujian = Navy = Zhi Ming
CJ = Chajie = Pink/red = Murong

Loving these Red/Navy actor real life broadcast clips. 

-I love 1:43 where ZJ leans in a few times (to kiss??) and then CJ chases him down the hallway
-CJ corners him for quite a while and ?? pretends to hump him? Someone please correct my eyes and dirty mind here >.> but ZJ is also like WTFF and CJ just kinda closes in on him even more ,_,

Compilations of interviews/Broadcasts
Girl - CJ, If someone says they'll give themselves to you, what'd you say? 
-CJ glances at ZJ-
ZJ - I wouldn't agree.
CJ - Huh!?
ZJ - I wouldn't agree. Send them back. 

"How can one sleep with CJ?" ("Little Angel Girl" = CJ's nickname)
ZJ - You will regret it. It's better to let it stay as an imagination. ( ??)

Absolutely love how ZJ is always trying to get CJ to smile in real life as well >3<

Cute Music video

Currently trying to find the second kissing scene. 

Also, apparently ZJ needs to remind CJ to take baths everyday because CJ doesn't like to take baths ._.

BTW, @Shinobu you can use that video site to find a lot of fan-made videos. Currently too obsessed with ZJ & CJ to help with the I/E or K/B endeavor but yeah xD That site has a lot of fanmade stuffs. 

42 minutes ago, outsanity said:

It's formal logic: The girlier their attire, the more intelligent, trouble-making and scheme-y they are & the more less-girly characters will die for them. Or because of them. 

I've yet to see smart with my own eyes, but Zhiming is certainly insightful. And he cares about his people/country. 
Mustache and Murong are both smart, ambitious and calculating, but there is no way Mustache will let Murong live after Murong help him conquer the world simply because Murong is a tangible and lethal threat with royal blood. 

I lost half my faith in Bin after I realized how superstitious his country is and how superstitious he himself is. The whole show, I was mentally urging him to just scheme the Evil Priest's death and go conquer the world with Kan. I completely lost faith when he actually fell for the market-manipulation trap. Kinda knew he'd be first to go.  

All the characters have interesting dynamics with one another. The show was really well executed in terms of characterization and interactions. There are also some really poignant dialogue exchanges. Even if I have my own OTP, I completely understand why there could be something sizzling between every pairing, even really weird ones like Navy/Purple (Yes, I read a fic on that. I have no idea how, but it wasn't bad)

My biggest complaint is probably how many times characters keep fainting onto each other. Like, come on. Invent another way to get them in each other's arms. Or you'know, just go out and grab'em... xD'

Bin had a conversation with Kan about how the adviser started thinking his words represent the heaven and that the adviser was getting too ambitious.  Bin also said there are ways to put the adviser in his place.  But that was before Kan became General.  After Kan became General, things went down hill for Bin.  I don't know what happened there but apparently someone didn't check their drafts.  :))  Actually I thought the market manipulating thing was pretty silly plot device.  That kind of kindergarten plot actually worked?  I mean seriously?  really?  :))  Oh, never mind.  :))

I think Mustache seems reasonable.  I don't like him because he was so presumptuous about BinKan's relationship and that he judged Bin without knowing the nooks and crannies of their relationships.  And you're right on Mustache getting rid of Red Robe.  After all he is a dangerous person.  I wouldn't want to keep someone like that on my side.  Who knows what he has been brewing in that head of his.  

I actually like the fainting into each others' arm parts.  I mean I would love to see some real embrace or hugs or even more than that but they're not giving me nothing like that.  It doesn't matter when BinKan are injured they can fall into each other's arms freely.  I don't care if it doesn't make any sense that they suddenly drop on top of each other.  That is one nonsensical part I welcome with open arms.  :)))

2 hours ago, Shinobu said:

Bin had a conversation with Kan about how the adviser started thinking his words represent the heaven and that the adviser was getting too ambitious.  Bin also said there are ways to put the adviser in his place.  But that was before Kan became General.  After Kan became General, things went down hill for Bin.  I don't know what happened there but apparently someone didn't check their drafts.  :))  Actually I thought the market manipulating thing was pretty silly plot device.  That kind of kindergarten plot actually worked?  I mean seriously?  really?  :))  Oh, never mind.  :))

I think Mustache seems reasonable.  I don't like him because he was so presumptuous about BinKan's relationship and that he judged Bin without knowing the nooks and crannies of their relationships.  And you're right on Mustache getting rid of Red Robe.  After all he is a dangerous person.  I wouldn't want to keep someone like that on my side.  Who knows what he has been brewing in that head of his.  

I actually like the fainting into each others' arm parts.  I mean I would love to see some real embrace or hugs or even more than that but they're not giving me nothing like that.  It doesn't matter when BinKan are injured they can fall into each other's arms freely.  I don't care if it doesn't make any sense that they suddenly drop on top of each other.  That is one nonsensical part I welcome with open arms.  :)))

Bin is too guided/blinded by his feelings for Kan :c Maybe Kan was bad luck for Bin from the start at the solar eclipse haha. Well, market manipulation itself is a great scheme, but like I've been saying, this series doesn't go too deep with the plots. It's more of a "yeah, it just works, so accept it" kind of deal. I mean, the dude plays his flute with a sword inside it and it's just not how you physic. 

Mustache is reasonable. He's not wrong to be presumptuous, though. Generally speaking, no one would really suspect Kan to be loyal because of his father's passing word. TBH, I think Murong just wants a good king on the Supreme throne, but that's my bias because he's my favorite character. 

It literally happens every other time they end up in each other's arms, though... Everyone faints everywhere. Kind of gets repetitive ,_, I actually really wish that Bin & Kan had more "real" scenes of romance instead of pseudo-quasi fall into each other's arms BS xD; 

I also think that I enjoy Navy/Red's relationship from the start because they have such real life chemistry. I vaguely remember that I didn't even like Murong that much until he began interacting with Navy. >.> Just like how you want more Ian/Evan, I need more shows with JZ/CJ together, LOL. 

Archived