[Reality show] My Ear's Candy 내 귀에 캔디( tvN) Every Thu from 18 Aug

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[News] "Candy" Jang Geun Suk asks Yoo In-na, "Are you Kan Mi Youn from Baby Vox?"

Jang Geun Suk thought Yoo In-na was actress Kan Mi-youn from Baby Vox.
Jang Geun Suk was on the phone with Candy Girl Yoo In-na on the tvN show "Candy In My Ears". Jang Geun Suk was in Sky Way taking a walk and he told his Candy Girl, "I want to come here with my girlfriend. I want to come here with you".
He didn't know that the Candy Girl was actually Yoo In-na, so he started guessing things about her.
Then he heard her phone ring to Baby Vox's song and then he thought she was Kan Mi-youn.
Jang Geun Suk then said, "If this comes out on TV, I'm coming for you".

photo758820.jpg

http://www.hancinema.net/candy-jang-geun-seok-asks-yoo-in-na-are-you-kan-mi-youn-from-baby-vox--98103.html

@sunny2014 Thank you so much for keeping this thread updated. Thank you for sharing the subbed video that made me understand and enjoy this show. At first I didn't appreciate this show coz I couldn't understand what they're talking about. But after watching the subbed video now I'm sooooooo looking forward to the next subbed episodes! Please keep it up. Just want to let you know how much I appreciate your efforts. Thanks again! I now love this show and Jang Geun Suk. :wub:

[Article] ‘My Ear´s Candy’ Jang Keun Suk, the voice is beautiful
Jang Keun Suk is doing great in tvN channel´s ‘My Ear´s Candy’. 
Jang Keun Suk who has a compelling deep voice has captivated viewers showing his charm in phone conversations with an anonymous sympathetic person in ‘My Ear´s Candy’. His sweet earnest talk melts hearts.

He was the youngest DJ in Korea in his teens, and was known for his appealing voice, the correct pronunciation, diction, and his ability to express emotions delicately with his voice. In this regard the best part of the ‘My Ear´s Candy’ is that you can listen to Jang Keun Suk`s unpretending honest talk and voice.

Jang Keun Suk´s ‘Candy’ Yoo In Na is revealed, and we are looking forward to see if talks with another ‘Candy’ will make his heart flutter.

28979769220_222a8d9c19.jpg

Original source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0002808402
English translation: Zoe from ECI

TV shows spotlight new ways of communication

In Spike Jonze’s 2013 romantic science fiction comedy “Her,” a man converses with and eventually falls in love with the feminine voice of his computer operating system.

Inspired by the film, tvN’s “My Ear’s Candy,” currently airing Thursdays at 11 p.m., is based on a similar premise: Celebrities tell intimate secrets to an unknown confidante via their cellphone.

Until their identities are revealed, the callers are nicknamed “Candy” to enhance the sense of “sweetness,” according to the show’s producer Yoo Hak-chan.

“(The show) is about lonely urbanites connecting emotionally,” he said.

Cq6zyIFWcAANIfN.jpg

Cq5tTtFVMAAPxzt.jpg

“As our world becomes bigger and more complicated, people want to show who they are without any pretenses. Even celebrities need someone they feel comfortable talking to.”
On the first episode, actor-singer Jang Keun-suk says he feels oddly comfortable discussing everything from the mundane to the private with the unfamiliar voice on the other end -- his cat, what he likes to wear, thoughts he had upon turning 30, his difficult childhood and the bouts of loneliness in his hectic life.

“I’ve been feeling so lonely. When I go home after work, I just stare at the TV. It’s nice to have someone to talk to about my thoughts,” he says.

Though a wildly popular hallyu celebrity with hundreds of contacts on his phone, Jang confesses “it never rings.” 

His faceless friend, later revealed to be actress Yoo In-na, continues to chat from afar. In last Thursday’s episode, the two shared experiences from far distances -- Jang in Seoul and Yoo in Shanghai.

“I would always get jealous when I see couples walking by,” Jang tells Yoo. “It’s weird. I’m here alone, but it doesn’t feel like I’m alone.”

The cast also includes basketball player-turned-TV personality Seo Jang-hoon, comedian Ahn Moon-sook, actor Jisoo and actress Lee Se-young.  

cre: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160829000407

[News] Singer-actor Jang Keun-suk completes Asia tour
SEOUL, Sept. 1 (Yonhap) -- South Korean singer-actor Jang Keun-suk has completed his three-nation Asia tour, drawing tens of thousands of fans to his concerts, the event's PR agency said Thursday.

The 29-year-old "hallyu" star, who most recently played a skilled high roller in the period drama "The Royal Gambler," kicked off his tour in Seoul on July 2. He later held concerts in Tokyo and Osaka in Japan, and in Shanghai and Shenzhen in China, where he sang songs such as "Hello Hello" and "Lovely Girl."

e7488dd1c431aa138481a868f588dbdf.jpg

In Japan, Jang drew more than 40,000 fans to his concerts, where he also performed three of his upcoming new songs, according to YTree Company.

"I've been holding concerts for more than seven years, and I'm so thankful that (my fans) have been with me until now," the singer said through the agency. "I'll continue to do my best to make them proud to be my fans."

Jang currently appears on the reality show "My Ear's Candy" on cable channel tvN.

cre: http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/09/01/0701000000AEN20160901003400315.html

Archived