[Soompi] Rising Legends

Hanyeoun

CqL2hi4UIAAuH55.jpg

WHAT IS “RISING LEGENDS”?

Rising Legends is a worldwide audition event for international K-pop star hopefuls, presented by Soompi and our partners and friends over at JYP Entertainment, home to TWICE, GOT7, 2PM, and more!

HOW DO I ENTER?*

Record yourself singing, dancing, or rapping any song (cover or originals are both accepted) under 2 minutes, upload it to YouTube with the title + “JYP x Soompi Rising Legends Audition,” and complete our submission form below!
EX: “BTS – Dope Cover – JYP x Soompi Rising Legends Audition”

*Personal information will not be revealed to the public. We will only provide information to JYP Entertainment if they’re interested in an interview with said contestant.

If you are under the age of 18, make sure you have your parents’ permission before submitting.

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I SUBMIT?

Our staff will review your application and you could be included in the Rising Legends first round voting that is open to all Soompi users.
If you pass the first round, we will be contacting you about submitting a new video for the second and upcoming rounds.

WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE?

Finalists will be receiving an interview with a JYP Entertainment talent scout directly.
(And we may also throw in some other perks.)

WHAT IS THE DEADLINE?

Submissions end on August 28th, 2016 at 11:59 AM KST / 7:59 PM PDT.

Read the complete announcement here for more info!

APPLY%20NOW!

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, always0nancy said:

I have questions..  So can people audition as a group?  And if we choose to sing or rap,  does it have to be accapella? 

We currently do not have a submission form to let people participate into this audition as a group.

If you rap or sing, you are free to use the song's instrumentals to perform as long credits are properly given to the original artists.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2016 at 9:09 PM, honeypopsickle said:

Is there a set number of finalist?

Yes.

On 8/21/2016 at 1:18 AM, rnirae said:

are you supposed to sing accapella ? and do you have to record your face while you sing or

If you rap or sing, you are free to use the song's instrumentals to perform as long credits are properly given to the original artists.
You'll have to record yourself or we won't be able to verify if you are really performing and respecting the criteria of the contest.

On 8/21/2016 at 2:52 AM, kadaori said:

does the video have to be public or can it be unlisted?

The video must be public in order for the community to be able to vote for you. The video can be unlisted but please note that your submission, if you are chosen for the event, will be open on Soompi for voting.

1 hour ago, seongiseul said:

For the video, could we post a video from Smule sing?

Edit: Additional question; can the video be edited in any way, or does it have to be raw? 

To facilitate our selection process, we only select select candidates going through our submission form with YouTube.

The video can be edited, it is up to the performer to decide if the edit is beneficial or not for the qualification.

18 hours ago, Hanyeoun said:

We currently do not have a submission form to let people participate into this audition as a group.

I guess that's the end of our shot at glory and stardom :( 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hanyeoun said:

That doesn't stop us to be independent artists or create our own K-pop agency. Challenge accepted!

Got any idea on what grounds we could make it? I checked looks but that ship has sailed a long time ago (and we both missed it), even my bathroom asks me to stop singing, while rapping I keep coming up with "Ehm.." and "Erm..." followed by a long silence in which I search for compatible rhyme words online and last time I danced, people thought I was caught in a hurricane. Much like the above pic, I'd might add.

Perhaps I could be the silent Masked Singer?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CamelKnight said:

Got any idea on what grounds we could make it? I checked looks but that ship has sailed a long time ago (and we both missed it), even my bathroom asks me to stop singing, while rapping I keep coming up with "Ehm.." and "Erm..." followed by a long silence in which I search for compatible rhyme words online and last time I danced, people thought I was caught in a hurricane. Much like the above pic, I'd might add.

Perhaps I could be the silent Masked Singer?

I think we can call our new band: "Ahjussis Over Flowers"  4.png

• Like 1

On 8/21/2016 at 3:56 PM, saranghxeyo said:

can you post 2 videos ? Say if i wanted to do singing and dancing id post them in separate videos , does that mean I have to send 2 applications?

You can send in multiple videos in multiple categories, but please note that we will only show 1/category if you are chosen to move on to the first round. If singing and dancing are separate entries, it means you'll have to send two different submission forms.

3 hours ago, Hanyeoun said:

To facilitate our selection process, we only select select candidates going through our submission form with YouTube.

The video can be edited, it is up to the performer to decide if the edit is beneficial or not for the qualification.

What I meant is download a video off of Smule and post that to YouTube. It's easier to sing with instrumentals through Smule, and you can record yourself singing it through that app, then download the video from desktop. Is that allowed?

10 minutes ago, seongiseul said:

What I meant is download a video off of Smule and post that to YouTube. It's easier to sing with instrumentals through Smule, and you can record yourself singing it through that app, then download the video from desktop. Is that allowed?

Yes.

• Hanyeoun unpinned this topic
  • ferily locked and unlocked this topic
  • ferily locked this topic