Park So Dam 박소담

juliacaesar

43 minutes ago, bjvipb2uty said:

@hrkharis I ship Ha Won with Ji Won!! But Yoon Sung is pretty darn awesome imo. I feel like he'll end up being one of my favorite characters.

@lexicon First of all, thanks for PM-ing me the website links. :) I'm with you on BM. I watched it for her not Jang Hyuk lol although I loved him there too. 

BITFT was cute. I liked the friendship plot a lot. @juliacaesar I know some people didn't like her pixie cut but I thought she looked soooo cute. I especially like when she put her little bandanna headband on. 

I saw a comment on kuljjaem saying how well she pulls of the short hairdo's. Same. I wish I could rock her BM/C4K hair but HA not even gonna try, much less the pixie cut. XD

I've been super busy lately so I haven't had a chance to watch her movies. The Priests is probably the only one I'll skip. Sucks because apparently that's been her best role but I'm a scaredy cat. Sorry So Dam. :bawling: 

Snow Paths seems like the movie I'd enjoy the most but I guess the lack of subs is due to its rather recent release. Hopefully subs will come out in a few months.

First of all, Ha Won and Ji Woon all the way, definitely.

Tbh, I think PSD's acting was the highlight of The Priests. It didn't feel like it really had a definite plot, but that's just my personal opinion.AND YES! The bandana thing I adored so much! I even asked my friend who got a pixie cut to wear a headband, cus of BITFT hehe. 

You HAVE to message me if you ever spot Snow Paths with subtitles. 

• Like 6

Park So Dam Channels the Spirit of Spring in First Look Pictorial

Park So Dam Channels the Spirit of Spring in First Look Pictorial

Park So Dam, the young actress who starred in the 2015 high-profile film “The Priests,” recently shot a sweet, sporty, and stylish pictorial with First Look magazine and New York lifestyle brand LeSportsac.

The actress shows off LeSportsac’s new spring print collection in a variety of looks, from sweetly ruffled pink coats paired with whimsical polka dot bags to sporty schoolgirl skirts paired with leopard print backpacks, totes, and shoes. The 26-year-old (Korean age) also tries out some college looks in stylishly cut shirts, high-waisted shorts and skirts, and elegant blouses, all paired with LeSportsac’s iconic bags.

LeSportsac is the star’s first endorsement. “The fact that I was able to become a brand model is a big deal,” Park So Dam says. “It means that people are aware that there is someone called ‘Park So Dam’ in the world. But I was really surprised when I heard the offer. In one of my dramas I carried a LeSportsac bag with a cute Snoopy print. Even after the filming, I carried that bag everywhere.”

Park So Dam also spoke about her hit movie and her plans for the future. “I can’t watch horror movies and I can’t stand being scared,” she admits. “My friends watched ‘The Priests’ and were surprised that I could act in that genre. I haven’t had a lot of chances to play bright, cheerful characters so a lot of people think that I have a dark personality. But I’m not!”

However, the actress confesses that she is sometimes drawn to darker characters. “I’ll be playing a vampire girl in the play ‘Let Me In’ in 2016,” she shares. “I’m drawn to characters with emotional pain. When I read about their problems, I want to hug and comfort them. I think I can learn more by playing these types of characters. My character in ‘Let Me In’ isn’t very bright, but at least I’ll be sane!” [Her character in “The Priests” was possessed by a spirit.]

Finally, she dished on her terrifying exorcism scene in “The Priests.” “It took a lot of energy,” she says. “We talked about it a lot, both on and off the set. My seniors, Kang Dong Won and Kim Yoon Suk helped a lot. I wanted to keep making it scarier, but Dong Won sunbaenim joked that I wouldn’t be able to get married afterwards, and Yoon Suk sunbaenim told me to stop laughing because it was scary.”

More pics at http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/05/park-so-dam-channels-the-spirit-of-spring-in-first-look-pictorial/

• Like 6

14 hours ago, nalune said:

Hello everyone, I too will try to help .. I'm from Russia, and my English is bad language, so sorry: D 

Well.. Park So Dam for «Take Off 2».

2016081217131277114_1.jpg

2016081217131277114_2.jpg

Hallo @nalune.... Welcome to this thread :heart:

Thank you for the picture... I'm interested and excited to see that movie... Is that PSD new movie?, isn't it? Can't wait to see.. We, as international fans, just be able to watch her movie and all Korean movie in Korean Drama & movie sites. 

Ok.... Someday I will check in sites if the movie have been aired.... 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, bjvipb2uty said:

The more fans here, the better!

I know a lot of people met So Dam through BM but I'm still curious as to when you guys became fans of her.

Personally, BM was the first time I actually saw her act. But it's weird. I knew who she was since late last year and I read up on her a bit. For whatever reason I started having a soft spot for her since then. Then I saw she was going to act alongside Jung Il woo and got excited for C4K. Of course, her Jinsung sealed the deal for me. I keep going back and rewatching her scenes there. XD

Btw, does anyone know how many of her movies are subbed? Or where one can watch them?

I know PSD name before she played in BM. I always read in Korean Movie News about her works and her activities. People in movie industry adored her and predicted that she would be a good actress in the futue. She played in movie and stage no in drama. So when she played in her first drama, I didn' know that she was a female lead there. Acctually I'm curious about her for the beginning. 

When I knew that she would be Jang Hyuk' female lead in BM.... Wow... I was surprised and happy .

At that time the drama viewers were worried and underestimated about her that she couldn't make a balance performing with JH. But I'm sure that she would present a good performing with him. Previously I even read in FB Beautiful Mind, someone said that she looked ugly in first episode of BM.  But finally all bad comments about her dissapeared. Although she looked young and a new comer in drama industry, she had given  a great performing in BM. I'm proud of her. She is able to show the different acting in BM and CA4K. She have proven that she is really talented. Can't wait her new projects in the future. 

PS:

You can try to search in google or gooddrama site if you want to watch her movie. I had watch The Priests there. I will PM you the link later.

• Like 6

@hrkharis January when i saw PSD including in the casting in CA4k as a main lead. I imagined already her chemistry to ilwoo and get excited to look for their interaction. Im in for  Ha won and Ji woon.;)

But her Chemistry to JH is different (they makes me smiling in their many scene, I dont know why but it was so cute) 

@bjvipb2uty  I never watch BITFT im kinda finicky when it comes to teenage drama ( but now if its for sodam i give it a shot to watch BITFT :lol:)  I first saw her watching the trailer of that drama.Her smile and natural beauty caught my attention even she have this pixie haircut(they say she was Ugly grrr... whats wronged with them). I want to see her in CA4K but the drama keeps me waiting and then Bravo! I saw her in BM poster coz im completely interested about her performance and the sypnosis of the drama totally engaging.As a rookie actress in the drama she perfectly portrayed jin sung character in BM.And I totally admired her when I saw her movies The silenced and The Priest. Im going to watch snow paths later. 

• Like 7

@Nettedgds11 I find many differences between BITFT and other teenage dramas. The main thing is that the feeling/mood is totally different. I dont think they try to make it so exaggerated in BITFT, even though it has some dramatic stories to tell, they tell them in a lighter and not overly dramatic way. It made me feel good just seeing this group of friends interact with each other so naturally. Idk how to explain it.

I think we should all just create a group of people who are jealous over PSD being able to totally ROCK a pixie cut.

155f5a9b-6723-40fc-99c7-3bb3675ac9be.jpg

COMP9AhUEAAMcyn.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, juliacaesar said:

@Nettedgds11 I find many differences between BITFT and other teenage dramas. The main thing is that the feeling/mood is totally different. I dont think they try to make it so exaggerated in BITFT, even though it has some dramatic stories to tell, they tell them in a lighter and not overly dramatic way. It made me feel good just seeing this group of friends interact with each other so naturally. Idk how to explain it.

I think we should all just create a group of people who are jealous over PSD being able to totally ROCK a pixie cut.

Thank you for giving me some insight of this drama. When i watch the trailer I thought she is being paired to the other guyand not for minhoo. Well i think i should better see it for myself to know the story of this groupie.

:wub:a fandom of PSD pixie haircut..     I love the way she handle her pixie hair. I prefer this over her long hair before although she also beautiful in long hair..

• Like 5

On 8/16/2016 at 0:32 AM, bjvipb2uty said:

@hrkharis I ship Ha Won with Ji Won!! But Yoon Sung is pretty darn awesome imo. I feel like he'll end up being one of my favorite characters.

@lexicon First of all, thanks for PM-ing me the website links. :) I'm with you on BM. I watched it for her not Jang Hyuk lol although I loved him there too. 

BITFT was cute. I liked the friendship plot a lot. @juliacaesar I know some people didn't like her pixie cut but I thought she looked soooo cute. I especially like when she put her little bandanna headband on. 

I saw a comment on kuljjaem saying how well she pulls of the short hairdo's. Same. I wish I could rock her BM/C4K hair but HA not even gonna try, much less the pixie cut. XD

I've been super busy lately so I haven't had a chance to watch her movies. The Priests is probably the only one I'll skip. Sucks because apparently that's been her best role but I'm a scaredy cat. Sorry So Dam. :bawling: 

Snow Paths seems like the movie I'd enjoy the most but I guess the lack of subs is due to its rather recent release. Hopefully subs will come out in a few months.

I like Yoon-sung characters. But I don't know if he will be the antagonist later, I hope not......

I love Jang Hyuk ... but with the female lead that I love of course ... not all his female lead I love, there are a few .....   with PSD, he has a good chemistry although viewers doubted before because of their age gap ...but they succeed to show the good team work and they flipped prejudice of the viewers.... . (I become subjective..LOL)

The Priests, I don't like this kind of dark film. I saw her only on the part where she was in trance and raved ... I want to see her acting ..... and apparently she did a good job. 

• Like 7

Okayyy so apparently you can buy the DVD with eng sub at GMarket.

http://mg.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goodscode=830974898

Spoiler

I know other fandoms usually get together to buy a copy and then the person with the DVD uploads it online. They only share the link amongst a close-knit group of fans though. 20USD is cheap so I wouldn't mind chipping in to buy it but I'm a tech-dummy so I'd have no idea how to share otl.

• Like 3

@bjvipb2uty Stupid me for being impatient and watching it without subtitles just last week :astonished: And then you go and find something like this! It'd be different watching again with subs though.

Spoiler

I'd be super willing to do this! I just looked at what the cost would be including shipping to where I live, and apparently it's a total of $43~ ... I'm sure I could find a way to create a link to share it to a group of people, but now it's only the issue of the big cost aha.

• Like 4

Dramabeans recapping PSD's Cinderella & Four Knights, spotting a lot of love for the actress:

"
In terms of acting, none of the four knights’ characterizations were anything new or unseen, but I wasn’t exactly disappointed or bothered by their standard portrayals. No one stood out as particularly amazing or terrible in his role, and it seemed like Jung Il-woo, Ahn Jae-hyun, Lee Jung-shin, and Choi Min were all performing on the same wavelength. I have no problem with this since there’s nothing worse than inconsistent performances mixed with stellar ones, resulting in a mediocre show overall. And consider me a Park So-dam fan! I love the crystal clarity of her voice, and I find her to be incredibly endearing and brimming with charm. She emotes well, and her depiction of Ha-won feels assured and natural.
"

yunn August 18th, 2016 at 8:25 AM

I am always love to see PSD.her beauty is really nature.I wish she will never do some plastic surgery to her face,like other actress.for me,PSD could be like Kong Hyo Jin.this 2 actress beauty is spesial,and original.

Cate August 17th, 2016 at 3:17 AM

Park So-dam isn’t getting enough praise for her role in this drama. I know it just began but all the praise seems to be for the boys and for the second female lead, who I personally found “meh” (hopefully it’ll change). I didn’t love the first episodes but I’ll keep watching for Park So-dam. It’s her first drama I check out but she definitely won me over.

5.2.3 jellybine August 17th, 2016 at 6:30 AM

You said everything that’s on my mind.

I love Park So-dam and Ahn Jae-hyun the most in this drama. Ahn Jae-hyun totally shipped the second lead syndrome the moment he and Park So-dam shared the screen.

19 zappy August 17th, 2016 at 4:37 AM

I looove jung il woo and adore park so dam. she looks so lovely here. but I dont like this kind of story. So good luck to them. I hope it got good rating.
anyway, no one comment about Haneul Grup. The Haneul Grup owner is Kang Family right ??
So… Kang Haneul??

20 Lola August 17th, 2016 at 4:42 AM

I’m loving it! Park So Dam is all kinds of awesome and there is a satisfying amount of pretty on my screen. I can’t wait for the forced co-habitation to begin.

22 Michykdrama August 17th, 2016 at 4:43 AM

Yay! You guys are recapping this! Haha.

Count me in for some fluffy fun, and a kick richard simmons heroine to boot! I’m definitely here for Park so Dam and I couldn’t care less if she doesn’t end up with anyone. Haha. *prays very hard she doesn’t lose her spunk* please writer please please please. A girl can fall in love and still be sassy and kick richard simmons you know? They aren’t mutually exclusive.

Let’s kick some spoilt chaebol butt PSD! Fighting!
(@michykdrama heheh, oh hello)

24 Moose August 17th, 2016 at 4:51 AM

The acting saves this drama. PSD and JIL have fleshed out their characters nicely and bring the ‘heart’ to the show although JIW might be too old/experienced/veteran for this kind of role.

27 Adal August 17th, 2016 at 5:44 AM

Love PSD! I became a fan of hers in BM and have loved watching her performance since then. I love that she’s a kickass heroine who has a hard life. But I hope they make her kickass until the end. Dramas usually make their heroines start out spunky and feisty and then lose it halfway through the drama cycle and turn to mush, spineless and without a backbone. Hope this isn’t the case with this drama.

30 junny August 17th, 2016 at 6:01 AM

Happy to see Park So-dam getting some love here! She was lovely in Beautiful Mind, and I’m glad she’s kicking some chaebol richard simmons in Cinderella.

37 Omomo August 17th, 2016 at 7:27 AM

Plot is paper thin but we have a spunky heroine and cute boys! Count me in anyway! PSD rocks in this role.

38 Rosee70 August 17th, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Thanks for the recap from my fav site. PSD is perfect for her character. She is so awesome, it is wonderful watching CATFK just for her. But what can i say, SLS came and conquered me with his beautiful smile and suspiciously deep emotions hidden behind carefree attitude.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, juliacaesar said:

@bjvipb2uty Stupid me for being impatient and watching it without subtitles just last week :astonished: And then you go and find something like this! It'd be different watching again with subs though.

Hide contents

I'd be super willing to do this! I just looked at what the cost would be including shipping to where I live, and apparently it's a total of $43~ ... I'm sure I could find a way to create a link to share it to a group of people, but now it's only the issue of the big cost aha.

I was this close to watching the raw and then I remembered gmarket. I'm still tempted to watch the raw but if we can make buying the dvd work then I might wait.

Like I said, I'd definitely help with the price. Is anyone else interested in helping out? We can make a PM group to discuss details.

• Like 1

15 Striking South Korean stars we envy because of their beautiful eyes

by Shelly M on Thu, Aug 18, 2016

36b76dca-b6bf-4297-865a-6ad379d466ce.png
 0  0

There are some Korean stars who are very proud of their adorable natural eyes, and they make us just a tad bit jealous. I have listed 15 stars who are striking with their naturally beautiful eyes.

3. Park So Dam
After starring alongside everyone's celebrity crushes Choi Min Ho and Kim Min Jae in Because its the First Time last year, she is living the ultimate fantasy in Cinderella and Four Knights. Her gorgeous eyes are captivating all the hot guys. 

67be06a1-e83a-40e6-af96-4048148f4269.jpg

src: https://www.dramafever.com/news/-striking-south-korean-stars-we-envy-because-of-their-adorable-monolids/

• Like 7