Park So Dam 박소담

juliacaesar

Hi all :)

Been several months since I visited this thread...glad to have finally caught up :D

Thank you to all of you for keeping it up to date...unfortunately I do not have much else to add -_-

Here is to seeing a PSD movie or drama soon!! :)

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

News bites: February 25, 2017

• Park Hae-il (Last Princess) and Moon Sori (Legend of the Blue Sea) are getting back together with director Jang Ryul (both were in his Love And…, and Park was in Gyeongju as well) in the upcoming film Good Day. They’ve been cast as lovers staying at a Mokpo inn, Jung Jin-young (Glamorous Temptation) has been cast as the innkeeper, and Park So-dam (Cinderella and the Four Knights) has been cast as the innkeeper’s daughter. Filming will begin in April. [TV Report]

src: dramabeans
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@Moon Thư It's a movie. But another article came out (about two weeks ago) from Caramel Entertainment saying the movie wasn't confirmed.

On the March 10, Caramel officially announced that So Dam did not renew her contract with the agency. They said they parted on good terms and will continue to root for her from afar. Meanwhile, she's still looking for another agency.

So I don't know how probable that movie, Good Day, will be. It seems to be in limbo since she's switching agencies. Idk if that offer came through Caramel and if it'll carry through to her new agency.

Anyways, I hope she'll find a good agency and we can see her in something new soon!

On another note, I'm busy translating one of her interviews. I've completed one but I need it proofread. :D Yeah...I'm still lacking a lot in Korean lol.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi chingudeul! Sorry for the lack of updates, life got in the way when PSD didn't have a certain project under way :) Anyway, the crew for Beautiful Mind recently (well, last month actually, I'm way late) got together to celebrate their 1 year anniversary, so to speak. 

And also our girl is growing out her hair! It's so long now! I mean, I adored her pixie cut way back, but am curious to see how longer hair will look on her.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

hic, the information about SD is so litle, I cant find any information about her. I miss her terribly. I want to watch her acting so so much. Her acting is very attractive, but there r too few projects, so sorry for her. Hoping the topic about this talented actress will grow more n more. 

@sunsoc15112 Speaking of the devil... 

She has been cast as the lead role for the movie "Lee Nan Young", about a singer's life in the early 1900's. She is also going to appear in 2 other movies soon!

Here is the full article translated by DB: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/08/park-so-dam-becomes-legendary-singer-for-lee-nan-young-film/

Park So-dam becomes legendary singer for Lee Nan-young film

by tipsymocha

Oh, I love biopics! Park So-dam (Cinderella and the Four Knights) has been focusing on drama projects for the past year or so, but she’s taking on more Chungmuro roles with upcoming films Fifth Column and Good Day, and has added a new film, Lee Nan-young, to her schedule. The period film will be set against the backdrop of the Japanese occupation, and will follow the titular Lee Nan-young, a legendary singer who rose to stardom despite her humble beginnings.

Filming for Lee Nan-young was reportedly supposed to start sometime later this year, but it has been delayed. Park So-dam is currently busy preparing for her role, so my fingers are crossed that they’ll set a date to start production soon.

Eeeek! This sounds like it'd be amazing!

• Like 4

On 23/8/2017 at 6:49 PM, juliacaesar said:

She has been cast as the lead role for the movie "Lee Nan Young", about a singer's life in the early 1900's. She is also going to appear in 2 other movies soon!

Here is the full article translated by DB: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/08/park-so-dam-becomes-legendary-singer-for-lee-nan-young-film/

thank you for your inf. I love PSD, I love her acting and her full of feelling single eyelid eyes but is not crazy like SunvSoc. She s my best friend, she loves PSD like crazy, loves so so much. She ll be very happy when reading this inf. thanks again n love u so much.

• Like 4

On 23/8/2017 at 6:49 PM, juliacaesar said:

That s so great. Hoping will see her soon. Thank you, my darling. I love u so so much.

On 2018-01-03 at 3:54 AM, UsagiChan said:

PSD has found new agency - Artist Entertainment, and she is now starring in a stage play called The Student and Mr. Henri, which had been adapted into a French movie.

Since this thread is dead for a while, there are more updates from sodamninlove.wordpress.com. There is too many information that needs to be updated in this thread. 

Yep, I should update this thread. There is little time to be found nowadays though.

If anyone would feel like they would be willing to update this thread, msg me and I can have it arranged! I'll make you a mod or whatever it is you do here.

• 8 months later...

Bong Joon-Ho’s Drama ‘Parasite’ Bought by Neon

By DAVE MCNARY  OCTOBER 31, 2018 9:21AM PT

Neon has acquired the North American rights to Bong Joon-Ho’s family drama “Parasite” from CJ Entertainment.

The drama marks Bong’s comeback to Korean-language film following “Okja” and “Snowpiercer.” It’s also his fourth collaboration with Song Kang-Ho, who starred in “Snowpiercer,” “The Host” and “Memories of Murder.”

Parasite” also marks Bong’s fifth collaboration with Neon CEO Tom Quinn, who released “Snowpiercer” while at the helm of Radius. “Snowpiercer” grossed $86.8 million at the worldwide box office in 2013.

Bong directed “Parasite” from his own script. The movie, which just wrapped production, also stars Lee Sun-Kyun, Cho Yeo-Jeong, Choi Woo-Shik and Park So-Dam.

“We’re very excited to partner with Tom Quinn and the team at Neon,” Bong said. “It’s like reuniting a great team of old friends.”

Kwak Sin-Ae and Jang Young Hwan from Barunson E&A Corp. are producing, with CJ Entertainment handling international sales and distribution in Korea.

The deal was negotiated by Neon and CJ Entertainment on behalf of the filmmakers. Neon is planning a 2019 theatrical release.

source : https://variety.com/2018/film/news/bong-joon-ho-parasite-neon-1203015944/

Parasite
Dir: Bong Joon Ho
Bong, the director of Okja and Snowpiercer, returns to Korean-language filmmaking with this fourth collaboration between him and top star Song Kang-ho, with whom he worked on Memories Of Murder, The Host and Snowpiercer. Parasite is about an unemployed family led by Ki-taek (played by Song) that takes a peculiar interest in the more affluent Parks, leading to unexpected entanglements. The film also stars Lee Sun-kyun (A Hard Day), Cho Yeo-jeong (Obsessed), Choi Woo Shik (Okja, Train To Busan), Park So-dam (The Priests) and Chang Hyae Jin (Poetry). Produced by Barunson E&A, Parasite wrapped in September and is now in post-production, set for local release in 2019. Contact: CJ Entertainment filmsales@cj.net

source : https://www.screendaily.com/features/afm-2018-the-buzz-titles-from-korea/5134255.article

Now Playing!!

Ode to the Goose

A former poet named Yun-yeong (Park Hae-il) is very happy that his former crush Song-hyeon (Moon So-ri), the ex-wife of his friend, is single again. One day after drinking, the pair travels to Gunsan, North Jeolla.

After having some drinks at a local diner, the two check into a Japanese style guest house to stay a night. They are not the only ones at the accommodation, since the owner of the bed and breakfast, an unnamed man played by Jung Jin-young, has an autistic daughter (Park So-dam), who does not feel comfortable around strangers. 

There, Song-hyeon shows an interest in the widowed owner, who is also an amateur photographer that spends hours working on photos in his darkroom. This clearly makes Yun-yeong feel uncomfortable and jealous. 

The film is directed by Zhang Lu, who was behind “A Quiet Drama,” which opened the 2016 Busan International Film Festival. 

source : http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3055336

movie_image.jpg?type=m665_443_2

movie_image.jpg?type=m665_443_2

2018.11.16 sodam_park_0908 IG Update

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is alot of conflicting reports around Park So Dam's supposedly new drama. I don't think anyone knows what is the actual deal. 

It used to be Jang Ki Yong, but now it's Park Bo Gum. Anyway, I don't think Park Bo Gum will accept the offer now that even Jang Ki Yong turned it down. Let's see how it goes. 

I think So Dam is still reviewing the drama, but I don't trust Ha Myung Hee. 

Edited by Serena Fang

Also would like to mention that Special Cargo, the action film that So Dam is starring, is releasing early next year. Hopefully, I can see So Dam's badass action scenes. She fits so well in action/thriller films. 

Before her official debut in major film, she filmed a couple of action oriented films. 

Annyeong chingus!  :wub: This is my first time to post here.  Just want to tell everyone that I am one of So Dam-ssi silent fans out there. She is a great actress.  I first watched her in the movie The Priest with Kang Dong Won. She nailed her acting there,  from there I've been a silent believer of her. 

Btw, latest news about her:

GALLUP KOREA 2019 MOVIE STARS LIST

Gallup Korea asked for 1,700 movie stars who were 13 years of age or older from November 8 to 28, 2019 (excluding Jeju). Topped the list with 29.8% support.

Movie actors who answered more than 1% besides the top 10 were Ryu Seung-ryong (3.0%), Lee Jung-jae (2.8%), Seol Kyung-gu (2.4%), Jung Yu-mi (2.2%), Ahn Sung-ki, Jang Dong-gun (more than 2.1%), Jo Yeo-jeong, and Ryu Jun-yeol (2.0%). ), Gong Hyo-jin, Jo Jung-seok, Kwon Sang-woo (1.8%), Kang Han-il, Han Ji-min (1.6%), Lee Sun-gyun (1.5%), Kim Hye-soo, Park So-dam, Choi Min-sik (above 1.4%), Son Ye-jin (1.2%), Jung Hae-in (1.1%), Park Bo-gum, Kang Dong-won, and Jiu-hoon (more than 1.0%) total 22 people.

http://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=59963#_enliple

Go Ara posted this on her IG with So Dam-ssi and other ladies of Artist Company. :relaxed:

74687579-480277875930579-469422531010732

Screenshot-20191216-204309.jpg

cr: ara_go_0211

• 2 weeks later...