[THE OFFICIAL] BLΛƆKPIИK (블랙핑크) THREAD / BORN PINK World Tour

kimlees

170720 YG's Instagram

20184128_308559796259303_689496173186960

#BLACKPINK #SHOWCASE #武道館 #20170720 #BLACKPINK_JAPAN_DEBUT #BLACKPINK_IN_YOUR_AREA #YG #with #AVEX #MATSUURA @ masatomatsuura

170720 blackpinkofficial instagram:

20180874_826053040891407_355296661134429

20184411_1440425469383078_70888979994131

20181180_134230147169598_617234474572185

DFLkXAuVwAAclu7.jpg

Translated by: poopheyy

• Like 1

ZIPPER (Z): Could you tell us about the road to your debut and how your team was formed?

Jisoo (JS): We auditioned and got into the company, and we’re 4 people who trained together for a very long period of 5 years. We’ve become close friends and became a group.

Z: The members are really close to one another. Can each member describe their own personality?

Lisa (LS): Always bright! I’m a happy virus! I’m easily happy.

Jennie (JN): I’m the type of person who will just silently listen when there’s a lot of people. I’m shy around strangers.

JS: I love talking, and I’m brighter when everyone else is around. I like bringing fun to the people around me!

Rosé (RS): I grew up abroad, so I make outsized reactions. I’m shy when I first meet people, and I think I have a cute way of talking? (laughs) But when it comes to work, I’m very principled. I’m extremely harsh with myself.

Z: Your MV hit 100M views, and you’ve received much attention overseas too. What are your thoughts when you see this global reaction?

JS: Whenever we hear about that all of the members become ecstatic. We’re really full of gratitude!

RS: We’re excited that, we’ve gone through such a long training period, and maybe we’ve finally fulfilled our dreams. From now on, we’re going to work hard to repay all the people who’ve supported us!

Spoiler

170323 ikon_bp zipper japan_3

Z: We’re looking forward to you. Are there any artists or music that have influenced you?

LS: I’ve been influenced a lot by Rihanna.

JN: Amy Winehouse, Whitney Houston, Rihanna, Beyoncé, etc. I’ve been influenced by music of all eras.

JS: I think my biggest influence has been my seniors in YG. When we were trainees, we studied our seniors’s performances and music videos.

RS: Trendy songs and chart-toppers since our trainee days. I also check out live performances on the internet… I learn a lot!

Z: Not just musically, but visually and in fashion you also leave a big impression. Do you have styles or fashion that you like?

LS: Right now I don’t want to stick with one particular style, I want to try many different ones.

JN: I probably wear a loose hip hop style often. But on the other hand I also like feminine clothes like tight dresses… I want to try many different things!

JS: When I’m on stage or for work, I wear fancy outfits, but I usually dress simply. I like outfits with a clean feel, so I often wear things like shirts.

RS: Recently I’ve been checking out outfits by stylists of American models. I like Kendall Jenner’s style.

Z: What have you seen about Japan that you like?

LS: I love the makeup and the food!

JN: White chocolate covered strawberries!! (laughs) The Japanese language is cute so I’m very interested in it.

JS: When we went to Japan for two weeks before, I was so surprised by how good the fashion sense of the girls on the street were! I like anime, food, fashion and the scenery so I want to be able to go around many different places.

RS: All of the members like Japanese food, to the point where there was a time when we ate nothing but Japanese food for a week. There are also lots of cute things to shop for… I want to go so badly that I’m speechless!

170323 ikon_bp zipper japan_1

Z: Do you have things you want to do while promoting, or goals in mind?

LS: I want to try holding activities abroad!

JN: I want to hold concerts in many different countries and to meet everyone with our next album soon.

JS: I want to release many good songs and hold our own concert! We want to become a group that everyone won’t regret supporting.

RS: My current goal is to develop our music more, and to show good performances always.

Z: A last message for the readers of Zipper?

LS: We’ll continue working hard to become an even better BLACKPINK!

JN: We’ll show an even cooler style through our music videos and stages. Please support us a lot!

JS: I hope that Japanese girls, who already have a distinct fashion sense, will watch us and like the many sides of our music and performances!

RS: We’ll develop even more from now on, and I hope we can meet our Japanese and foreign fans. Please give us a lot of support!

The name “BLACKPINK” comes from the meaning that you are not just represented by the color “pink” which is called the cutest color. That you’re kawaii, but that’s not all that there is to the group. What are some cute yet cool points of each member?

RS: Lisa is very cool when she dances. She’s very powerful, and even girls will feel that she’s very cool when they watch her.

JS: Everyone makes cute faces when we take pictures, but our expressions change when we go on stage. Our live performance is way cool! Lisa and Jennie are rappers, so when they rap coolly while dancing, we feel that we are very different from other girl groups. In Korea, bold and unique girls are called ‘Girl Crushes”. We want “BLACKPINK” to become a girl crush.

What are the 4 of you like in private?

JN: Lisa is very cool and charismatic on stage, but in reality she’s such a maknae! Jisoo-unnie has a beautiful face and looks gentle, but in reality she has a jokester side to her that’s like an elementary schoolboy.

LS: Whenever we need to decide on something, Jennie-unnie takes care of it, like what kind of food to eat (laughs). She’s the most level-headed person! When all of us make a lot of noise, and it starts becoming louder, and we ask whether our voices are becoming too loud, she says, “It’s loud ♡” and kindly stops us.

Spoiler

170323 ikon_bp zipper japan_5

During the shoot, you were taking pictures of each other using a film camera. The 4 of you are very close.

JS: It’s because we’re really together everyday (laughs). After practice we go to the dorms from the studio, and the 4 of us cook food, watch TV, talk, and play games.

LS: We play board games. And card games too!

JS: We also take care of dogs. There’s Kuma and… Oh! Kuma’s name! It’s Japanese!! (Kuma is “bear” in Japanese)

Why did you name it Kuma?

BP: Ahahahahaha. Doesn’t it really look like a bear? (Shows a picture)

It really looks like a bear  It’s a cute Pomeranian!

LS: We take care of two dogs, the other one is named “Bandalgom” (Chinese characters mean half-moon-bear?)!

JS: When the weather is good, we take them out for walks/we go out for walks.

Spoiler

170323 ikon_bp zipper japan_6

Who’s good at cooking?

JN: It depends. I’m good at pasta, Lisa with Thai cuisine, and Rosé for kimchi fried rice! Jisoo’s specialty is eating! She’s number one at eating deliciously (laughs).

The main producer for BLACKPINK is Teddy, who has produced many songs for YG artists. Do your songs have any special parts, or songs or phrases that you particularly like?

JN: Though we only have a few songs, all of them are “BLACKPINK-like” so we love them. Our new songs “PLAYING WITH FIRE” and “STAY” were prepared long ago, so we’re looking forward to when it’s on sale.

What phrase do you like?

JN: In “BOOMBAYAH”, there’s a phrase, “BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA”, that we feel introduces us, so we like it. “STAY” is our first enchanting slow tempo acoustic song. It seems like there will be an opportunity for Rosé to play the guitar, so please look forward to it!

JS: “PLAYING WITH FIRE” is a song with a strong rhythm, and we think we can show our dance performance, so please look forward to us singing and performing at the same time.

Spoiler

170323 ikon_bp zipper japan_8

Rosé is good at guitar?

RS: Yes. I started from when I was living in Australia, and continued practicing when I was a trainee. Next time, given the chance, I would like to show this.

BLACKPINK has also cemented their existence as a fashion icon. Do you have a favorite fashion or hairstyle?

LS: I want to have pink hair!

JN: I want to try grey gradations/ombré.

RS: I’ve had bright hair since debuting, so I want to try dark tones next.

JS: I’ve always had dark colored hair, so now that I have red hair I really like it!

LS: Recently everyone’s into makeup. The makeup for today’s shoot was different from the usual heavy makeup, and was fresh!

It seems that the aesthetic sense of the members is slowly getting better.

JS: Everyone uses face masks daily, but sometimes I use two face masks in a day.

JN: I also use face masks often. It’s because Korea has a lot of face masks! (all laugh together)

What kind of fashion do you usually do? Where do you go shopping?

LS: I go on Instagram and the internet (laughs). We don’t usually go outside (laughs).

JN: I find cute things on Instagram and order them online.

LS: On days off, we’re happy when we wait for package deliveries!

RS: What I’m wearing today (Christian Dada’s Far Outer(?)), I was going to wait till the winter to wear, but I couldn’t wait anymore so I ended up wearing it today (laughs).

LS: My jacket today is also Christian Dada (a designer)! I like mixing international brands, Korean brands, and Japanese brands.

Spoiler

170323 ikon_bp zipper japan_2

Are there are memorable things or words that your YG sunbaenims did or told you?

JS: I was still a trainee during Christmas last year. I practiced during Christmas, and when I entered the practice room, on the desk was fried chicken. 2NE1’s Dara unnie was telling me ‘Do your best’ by leaving the fried chicken.

BLACKPINK (BP): Really, all of the sunbaenims are kind (cry).

It seems like there will be a Japan debut in 2017. What kind of activities do you want to do in Japan?

LS: We want to do live tours and meet our Japanese fans!

BP: Yes!!!!!

Any place you want to go to in Japan, or anything you want to do?

JS: Fuji-Q Highland! (TN: An amusement park at the base of Mt. Fuji)

JN: I want to go to an udon restaurant! I want to eat mentaiko-udon!

LS: I want to go to Universal Studios Japan! I want to ride the Harry Potter ride!

RS: If I go to Japan I want to shop. Shibuya, Harajuku, Omotesando, and Don Quijote! (TN: Names of places famous for shopping. Don Quijote is a discount chain store)

Jennie can speak Japanese, please give a message in Japanese!

JN: Uwa- what do I do, what to say…. (TN: The following is said in Japanese) “My Japanese isn’t that good yet, but I’ll work hard and study hard, so that when I go to Japan I want to speak entirely in Japanese!”

Other members: Ohhhhhhh-! (applause)

Spoiler

170323 ikon_bp zipper japan_7

Lisa is YG’s first foreign member. What made you join the auditions?

LS: YG was holding their Global Auditions in Thailand. I thought to try it for the sake of trying out, and fortunately, I got accepted

Did you already know Korean back then?

L: No, I didn’t speak it at all. I worked extra hard after being accepted (laughs). KPOP is incredibly popular in Thailand and I really loved it too! I dreamt of someday being a performer as well, so now that my dream has come true I’m very happy.

Finally, please give the NYLON girls a message.

JS: Japanese is being spoken everywhere here in the filming venue, it’s as if I’m filming in Japan. It’s a lot of fun. I even mistakenly spoke to a Korean staff member in Japanese (laughs). The styling and make-up feels very much like NYLON JAPAN so it was a fun, new experience!

R: After the shoot, it made me want to quickly go to Japan and immerse myself in the culture, and I also want to quickly become better at Japanese. I want to try conversing a lot too. I ended up liking Japan’s fashion and culture even more.

JN: This is a styling we’ve never done before, so it was very fresh and fun. I felt like I became a Japanese (laughs). The shooting style of the pictures was also very different, so I want to try different kinds of filming in Japan.

L: I’ve liked Japanese fashion very much from the start. I learned that light and charming make up is popular. I want to do activities in Japan, and take the good things I learn and bring them back to Korea! I really want to go to Japan soon!! Please look forward to BLACKPINK’s activities in Japan. See you again in NYLON JAPAN!

Spoiler

Translations by black2dpink824 Source: BlackHeart0808 (KR), Jennie Bar (JP) Scans by @ikon_bp

• Like 1