[OFFICIAL] JongJoo|Honey Couple (Lee Jong Suk ❤ Han Hyo Joo)

Admin

ezgif-1-18315120b9.jpg

[The Story Of Love and Death: Kim Woo-Jin and Yun Sim-Deok]
Lee Jong Suk considers special drama project (2 episodes) 'Prise Of Death' ('Death Song'). 
This is a film adaptation of a movie with the same title made in 1991. 
Plot : Based on the true tragic story of Kim Woo-Jin and Yun Sim-Deok.
Kim Woo-Jin is a stage drama writer while Korea is under Japanese occupation. He is married with children, but he falls in love with Yun Sim-Deok. Yun Sim-Deok is the first Korean soprano. She records the song “Praise of Death” which becomes the first Korean pop song in 1926. 
They leave Japan together, returning to Korea by ship. However the closer they come to Korea, the closer they come to being parted; and they throw themselves overboard to be together in death. They jumped from the ship into the ocean and both drowned. Kim Woo-Jin and Yun Sim-Deok's love ends tragically.

The movie 'Death Song' (Hangul: 사의 찬미; Hanja: 死의 讚美; RR: Saui Chanmi) is a 1991 South Korean film directed by Kim Ho-sun. It won multiple awards in the 1991 Chunsa Film Art Awards, including Best Film, the 1991 Blue Dragon Film Awards, again including Best Film, and the 1992 Grand Bell Awards.

Info Credit :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Song_(film)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yun_Sim-deok
http://asianwiki.com/Praise_of_Death

Photo Source: Wikipedia, https://www.facebook.com/ddotchi.shipper/

Edited @ibru

If JS and HJ will starr in this film - it will be really masterpiece!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, silentwind said:

Oh wow, the new project news is great news. The story has a lot of potential, but here the actress will make it or break it. I think it is a drama that requires a lot of skill, not just looks, so I pray to all gods in all religions they will pick the right actress for this. Looking forward to further development

right! it's depend on who is the actress, how their acting and chemistry! 

This mini series will be great if they cast Hyo and the PD is Mr. Jung :) 

Btw seems like Jongsukssi will go enlist this year if he accept this two-part series drama...

• Like 8

What a beautiful edit @ibru!  I love it much!  Thanks for sharing the Story.   Happy to note that JongSuk-ssi is considering returning to the drama scene this year, though it's a 2-epi drama.   May there be more PROJECTS this year including a special ONE that we all are looking forward too, before the impending MS.   Can't help feeling good about the sudden announcements this week by PSH and Suzy.    As I said to a few, something is brewing.  And something good is coming soon.  

2018 is going to be better like how JS put it.  Knowing him, he will get it materialised.  
Soon :heart:

2 hours ago, shishi101 said:

PD nim is the one from WYWS, not W. But (even though it would never happen, I don't want to hope too much and be disappointed)--ohhhhh, I wish they would cast HJ. I would LOVE to see them together, but acting completely different characters. They are both so good, it would be a treat to watch.

The edit is awesome, @ibru!

2 hours ago, shishi101 said:

Btw seems like Jongsukssi will go enlist this year if he accept this two-part series drama...

I wonder if he actually knows when he will be going into the military, or if he doesn't know, so he's only committing to short-term things as he waits. This is a perfect length for either case, though.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, frozentundra said:

PD nim is the one from WYWS, not W. But (even though it would never happen, I don't want to hope too much and be disappointed)--ohhhhh, I wish they would cast HJ. I would LOVE to see them together, but acting completely different characters. They are both so good, it would be a treat to watch.

hehehe I know it's wyws PDnim, I just wish its PDJung instead :) 

Weibo The_saga_of_秀 update ❤️

Indeed NO CAPTIONS NEEDED! :wub: 

All credit to rcnwann

• Like 7

9 hours ago, shishi101 said:

right! it's depend on who is the actress, how their acting and chemistry! 

Although I'm hoping that HHJ and LJS would be in a drama/ movie together again,  I don't think this would be the proper one for them.

Perhaps one of them in it but not both.

And should LJS take the role,  the actress should be exceptionally good. 

And in the case of HHJ taking it,  I could only think of Park Seojoon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I admit I have no one in my mind who fit that role other than uri Hyo Joo. She so P.E.R.F.E.C.T. for it.

Moreover some great actress, if I read here and there, already has a drama or movie projects. I don't know who else who can fit that cast other than HJ, but maybe the PD-nim and scriptwriter-nim already choose one. If not HJ it's okay, but I hope she's, whoever she is, really fit the role.

Really JS's type of drama. He likes tragic stories, right?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, syzygy17 said:

Although I'm hoping that HHJ and LJS would be in a drama/ movie together again,  I don't think this would be the proper one for them.

Perhaps one of them in it but not both.

Just curious, why do you say that? And if not, what would you rather see them in together? Not arguing, just curious. (I'm not really into tragedies as a matter of personal taste, although I do think they could pull it off.  I could see them in quite a lot of other genres as well.)

• Like 3

It is such a sad story, geeeee.    Are they sure suicide ( ill-fated love/beliefs)  is a good idea considering SK statistics?   And that this is an illicit affair?     Easier to monitor age appropriateness in box offices.  TV, not that easy.   

No doubt that JS can do it,  but I am actually leaning toward an older man in his mid 30s either married or looks married,  so many great actors in that category too.  

While I thought of HJ (in conjunction with JS :)) the idea that the couple jump to their death makes it hard for me to digest.    Agree, this is not the short project for them together.  

Gonna be tough finding the ideal female lead.  There are attractive and really good singers with voices that soar (I sometimes watch Singing Battle and the musical theater actresses give me goosebumps).    There  are fine experienced actresses whose nuances are so good yet understated.     But the actress has to be both. 

• Like 7

@hazeljrr_c922 Hm, well, yes. It's kind of a downer sort of story, isn't it? I dunno about all the recent suicides. And of course the illicit affair. It's hard for me to sympathize with that theme. 

Well, we'll see what happens. From the articles I read, it sorta looked like there were still a lot of vague things about the project. (Like, do they have a writer yet??) 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Just curious, why do you say that? And if not, what would you rather see them in together? Not arguing, just curious. (I'm not really into tragedies as a matter of personal taste, although I do think they could pull it off.  I could see them in quite a lot of other genres as well.)

@frozentundra I've thought about my reply and even of editing it but the more I think about it,  the more I'm convinced that it is not the project that the two of them should be in. 

First: - HHJ and LJS and their handlers and agencies have been dodging the bullet since W has ended.  Even during  product endorsements & inaugurations knowing that they are already in the same place, at the same time, never was there a photo or a footage of them taken together (except in the one movie premiere). All photos of them together in IG and Twitter, if I'm not mistaken, post W, have been photoshopped.  What keeps the fire burning are the fans, like most of us on this board, who are hoping that there was something beyond W not just as co-actors.   There must be a reason for this and we are sadly not privy to them.  Hence, with all the dodging and avoiding the press, etc, is it wise to have one now to act in an intense, passionate  2 part drama series?

Second: - A lot of people who follow them have refused to admit the fact that HHJ and LJS were actors and are acting the part of Kang Chul and Yeon Joo.  It's been more than a year now, and it's about time to accept that they have done/will be doing different roles.  But how about those that can't move on? They can only see HHJ and LJS together as a unit & not the roles they portray. So if they do jump and have a tragic death all because of love, perhaps it's OK.  This brings me back to my first posting,  that they are better off having it with other leads as to diffuse this idea,  that they are not in it together, and are just acting the characters given.

Thidly: -  Then there is Inrang. HHJ worked on it for 7 months and is now on its editing stage.  When it will be shown, perhaps early next year?  I don't even know what Inrang is all about but am sure it would be of mega in scope and quality considering the amount of time it would take them to have it shown in the big screen.  Will it not affect Inrang as a whole, knowing that this time HHJ is the lead and not just with a minor role?  How will you promote it?  There will be many pre-showing fan meetings and should HHJ act in the tragic drama as a singer who fell in love with a married man,  there will definitely be an overlap. 

My 2 cents entirely and I reckon many would disagree.

• Like 7

IG UPDATE FOR TODAY (YAY JONGJOO! ALMOST SAME TIME AS WELL!): SATURDAY IS A GOOD DAY INDEED!

HHJ eonnie

I think this has something to do with the Japanese magazine that she'd shoot since the photos came from her 1st Japanese photo-book on 2014.

LJS oppa

I was really curious of this photo he posted. He's the sweetest. I just noticed this pretty much recently, and I know that he's been close with fans even way before, but he's EXTRA SWEET TO HIS FANS THIS DAYS, LIKE SENDING THEM FOOD TRUCKS AND PROMOTING A SONG OF HIS FAN. And there was the POETRY BOOK as well that he made for the  fans in order to be COMFORTED and somehow was asking for him to be UNDERSTOOD. Just like what @kembie said, SOMETHING IS BREWING and it will definitely MATERIALISED. Time will tell. (The comments in his latest IG update are quite hilarious)

Here's the song btw, it's really nice, got a very light vibe in it...Wish there was a lyrics though, but no avail, can't find anything, the only korean word that I understood were "WAIT" and "HAPPY"...

Here's a delulu, or more like of an imagination: Since InRang already finished, maybe our couple is hanging out together at home, and just talking about their recent activities which landed on them talking about Sukkie's latest exhibit and talking about it he is reminded of a song, that she might like (I could really see Hyo liking this type of music by moonbit), and then maybe Hyo talked about her latest photoshoot which made her thought of the photos she posted. (I am really triggered by them posting on almost the same time, my feels is that they are together!)

JONGJOO FIGHTING! JJ SHIPPERS FIGHTING! HAVE A BLESSED LIFE EVERYONE! MAY WE BE BLESSED WITH GOOD NEWS SOON! ALWAYS BE HAPPY AND POSITIVE! FIGHTING!

:blush::heart::grin:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

@syzygy17 Don't edit your post, we talk things out here and share our thoughts. I'm trying to understand what you are saying. 

First of all, I have to admit my own personal bias, that I find it very hard to sympathize with people who break marriage vows. And ending a story with a double suicide is not my idea of a fun story, either. (Professor who does hanky panky with students, then kills himself...hm, I saw that in the news this week...) So it's not my favorite storyline. That said, I feel like HJ could do that role EXTREMELY well, and I would say that if I had never heard of JS. I am sure she would bring some sort of understanding or sympathy to the role that I would not naturally have when faced with that storyline. So those are two different things in my mind. I think they could do a fantastic job with the acting (and I would love to see them on screen together again), but I'm bothered by the message it sends.

I agree with you that many fans have a hard time separating reel from real. Not only W, but it happened with WYWS and it is right now happening with GS/Inrang. The actors are not the characters. And it seems that you are saying (forgive me if I am misunderstanding) that if you put HJ and JS together again, people will be derailed and not support Inrang when it comes out. But then don't we have to apply the same logic to GS/Inrang, then? There are people who already, based on a one-second kissing scene in GS, think these two are actually dating in real life. And following up with another movie with the same costar only makes them think that more. Wouldn't interrupting the two with a different work do more to make people realize the difference between reel and real? 

I think that yes, it's important for fans to learn to distinguish between the two. Because if someone is your favorite actor, you want to be able to support their future, projects, right? And I think that learning to realize that a script is fiction is a difficult but important part of that.

At the same time, if there is something going on in real life (YMMV, but the available evidence  leads me to the conclusion that there is), then I support it 200%, no matter what costars they may have in the future. I think it's possible to enjoy new fictional stories while at the same time, supporting something real. It doesn't have to be an either-or choice. (I can support Lee Bo Young and Ji Sung in their individual fictional projects and still support them as a real life married couple, for example.) 

As to Death Song, well, first we have to see if JS does in fact confirm he will be in it. I think HJ would do a stellar job in it as well, but if not her, I hope they get someone really good, because I think it will be a difficult role to play, and I think it will take someone who can both sing AND act. Hope whoever they get, it's someone good.

(Sorry for the novel.)

• Like 10

English lyrics for SATURDAY by MOONBIT 

It's a pleasant day.
 Why are you so upset?
 Light footwork today
 What's up

Tomorrow is the weekend.
 It's a happy weekend.
 A heart waiting for tomorrow
 In fact.

Saturday I love you
 The day I meet
 I'm already worried about what to wear.
 What you will say
 It's sulky.
 All day long I do not have a smile on my mouth

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
 I could not see you. It was hard.
 All day long in your thoughts
 I could not sleep.

It's Saturday.
 I am happy to meet you
 All day long I see you every day and see you
 I want to see you again.

Saturday
 The day I meet you
 I also try to pull out my clothes
 Imagine your appearance
 All day long I'm just thinking about you.

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
 I could not sleep.

It's Saturday.
 I am happy to meet you
 All day long,

On Saturday I was waiting
 I'm going to take a step further.

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
 I could not sleep.

It's Saturday.
 I am happy to meet you
 All day long I see you every day and see you
 I want to see you again.

❤️

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @apoo for the Saturday lyrics.  Reading the lyrics delighted me so much, that got me here to say that they are LIKE telling us they're dating at some place at that juncture LOL :heart: , coupled with the updates shared by @shishi101 reinforced my say that they are.

Love these two persons who have been really wonderfully patient and sweet with their journey of love.  Yes,  whatever the journey, whatever the miles, it begins with one step.  The journey is getting warmer, our couple getting bolder.

Soup is brewing tastier.  Nice.

JongJoo Fighting!