[Drama 2017] The Package 더 패키지

Go Seung Ji

@tea-spiller I'm glad we helped each other :D

I agree with you guys @Nokuto @tea-spiller. Their relationship seems like a summer love. And I'm really interested to find out how they'll manage their relationship when the trip ends.

I can understand their proximity, both are in a foreigner country feeling alone and all, but I'm always wary of a just-few-days romances,  it seems unreal all that interest in just a few days, I mean thanks to the writting and actors chemistry I connect with their romance, but it's always more creditable for me when the romance developes little by little. But since they don't have the time here, I really hope they dedicate the last episode for them to live their romance in the real world.

And I wish SoSo comes back home, I believe she should go back to her parents, they suffered enough. In the first episode appears a calendar of 2012, so she's been away from home a long time.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Nokuto said:

Hello there ! 

First post here^^

i had to tell what i think about this drama : It's surprisingly sweet and i like it a lot ! The package is sweet, funny, sometimes he makes me angry but i love it !

BUT while i enjoy the cute main couple, their reactions seems a bit off : Ma Ru and So So are already lovey-dovey, but it feels  more like a "vacation love" , a dream, to me, for the moment. They're in France, Ma Ru has just broken up with his girlfriend and then, pouf, lets start another.  

It will be nice to see them back to Korea, in rough reality, see if their so called "fated love" can last forever^^

Indeed their relationship is the epitome of a whirlwind romance: exhilarating and intoxicating, sweeping them both off their feet, and taking the vicarious viewers (me at least) along on their romantic journey and in France, no less. Wohoo!

Smack of a vacation romantic fling? Definitely. But... theirs is more than that – theirs is a fated love.  (tongue-in-cheek, facetious statement)

“their reactions seems a bit off”

But anyway to me their reactions are on point.  Soso has insisted to Maru that she does not believe in fate, much less a predestined true love that one day she would meet under the feet of an angel foretold to her by not one but several fortune-tellers in the past.  However, that long-held disbelief of hers is wavering (if not completely shattered just yet) because of a plethora of inexplicable and unexpected happenings.  That maybe, just maybe, there is such a thing as fate after all? That her long foretold true love has not only materialized, but in the flesh standing right before her?  Any woman would be flustered by such an epiphany (hence, Soso losing her composure and wild-eyed, rushing to find Maru demanding to know just who he is), never mind the fact that he happens to be such a scrumptious, irresistible male specimen albeit an unwitting and annoying troublemaker to others.  But boy, is he a charmer when he was not creating problems for her, but to his defense, he was but a hapless instrument of fate (facetious) duly expediting their whirlwind romance.  See, Cupid makes him do what he did! Anyway, how can Soso not believe in fate now when standing right before her at the bottom of the staircase is no other but her fated one true love (whom prior she thought had left thus inexorably snuffing out that last wistful hope that he was) looking up at her with his gentle smile and tender eyes, and in a soft voice says: I’ve come back”.   Poor Soso had no chance at all, nope, she’s  a goner, with her face lighting up like a beacon.  She can't help but become a believer of fate.  This is not just any vacation fling,  y'all, it’s a fated love!:D 

And as for that troublemaker, Maru, - when he started the tour, he was burdened by a moral dilemma that greatly affected both his love life and work life.  Though feeling betrayed and disappointed by his girlfriend's no show at the airport, he is more disturbed by her unethical conduct and lack of integrity when she buries a situation that can/will harm countless innocent people. What’s more, she is telling him to do the same just so he can keep his job with the company.  With his girlfriend chipping away his self-confidence, Maru weakens and agrees to compromise his integrity as he prepares to return to Korea.  (but ofc fate won't allow that) Though he complies with his girlfriend’s demand, the crack on their relationship just got bigger, and when she resolutely  deleted the file despite his cold warning, the writing is on the wall – their relationship broke beyond reconciliation.  She has chosen and it's not Maru. Though I do agree with gf that Maru is being a jerk for saying that he had actually hoped she would delete the file thus unilaterally freeing him from their relationship – the same sentiment expressed by Han So-Ran to boyfriend, Kim Gyung-jae.  Would either one of them, Maru or So-ran, have felt that way, had a new love not come along into their lives?  

Maru might well have been caught up by the heady romance. Soso has brought him back his lost self-confidence, self-respect and self-worth. More than just being a nameless cog in a company, he is now Maru, a talented employee who brings value to his company.  He had felt lost prior but now he has found himself, with Soso's help. 

Also Maru knows of Soso's one true love fate story, and that the path to the angel had been barred like forever to the general public and in all likelihood would  never be open ever, and yet here they are meeting each other beneath the feet of the angel as foretold to Soso- how can they not believe in fate?  And since they are fated for each other, why wait to profess their love? Why wait indeed, especially when there are only 12 episodes in the series.  

But yeah, reality has a way of intruding in the loveliness and giddiness of a new romance but why go there, let’s just vicariously enjoy Maru and Soso’s romance and ofc their passionate kisses, and count our blessings to have them as otp.  But yeah, I too anticipate how their romance pans out when they return to Korea. 

Can't wait for tonight! Maroo is smart and sneaky to tell about the Hedgehog story in order to get closer with Soso when they were stranded together at Tombelaine island.

DNq5bERVoAE-NJw_zpsenzkq2z0.jpg

Passionate Kiss of Maru and Soso from Episode 6 :wub:

tumblr_oyk7vmpW4t1wsuo8ro2_500_zpspadwvn

tumblr_oyk7vmpW4t1wsuo8ro3_500_zpseeerdm

Spoiler

62_zpsyhqq8igr.gif

63_zpspcwhuiml.gif

64_zpsgrl5pnby.gif

You guys are too funny. 

I am stifling my giggles cos I am awake in the middle of the night sneaking glances at this forum, afraid I’d wake my sleeping hubby. 

Gosh, why isn’t this forum flooded with more posts - the stories here are good.

I will be sure to catch this with subs later today! 

Ever wonder why such a seemingly "healing", innocuous vacation tour package series is aired so late at night?  Don't just watch episode 7, feel it, really feel it. . 

Warning: Be prudent where and with whom you are going to watch this episode with, especially at night.  Know that accidents happen, so be prepared at all times.  Also put aside a tall glass of icy cold plain water to combat the utterly saccharine sweetness and fiery heat of this  episode 7.  The use of the water is up to your discretion - to drink or to douse. 

On a different subject: Totally feel Ajumma's wish to snap a beautiful portrait of herself (her always  insisting of her photo taken from chest up to head) for use as her funeral photo so that she would look her best. Ajumma has such a sweet and kind face, and she looks so animatedly pretty during her photo session scene. 

i started watching this to pass time because i was bored. i didn't expect that i'll like it and that i'll be looking forward to watching it every week.

currently midway through ep 7 and just dropped by here to say that i'm really loving the relationships in this drama and how each characters is being fleshed out. i was really touched by the scenes of so so and soo soo. you can just feel the siblings' love for each other. 

straight up conversations."  .Like the condom talk on the island truly depicts the cultures and mentality between France and S.Korea.  The angel/hedgehog couple has such chemistry depicting strangers who just clicked so well together.  Are they truly being pulled together by fate or just attracted to each other by lust?  That being said, their kissing scenes and bed scene are all very well done - there's no rushing (besides that bed scene impatient chucking of coat by Maroo - but that's not rushing, just surging passion ) or awkwardness in their romantic/intimate  scenes and their passion was palpable.  I also love their impulsive intermittent kissing of each other walking the streets.  Must be the water or the air in France .  Btw: Maru has a very gentle and soothing way of talking - love his voice.

As to the twist in the 3rd couple relationship - I like your insight- that's a twist. Looking forward to their mysterious relationship unfolding tonight, hopefully. 

Eta: live streaming with Chinese subs https://live.bilibili.com/neptune/5885389

Spoiler

Episode 8

Oi, the angel couple's bed scene on a twin size bed is unexpectedly cut short by an unexpected urgent matter.  Urgent matter: grumpy old man cooked up a stink (kimchi) in their hotel room. haha! so typical of Asian tourists not use to western food.

Say, Maru can well be a government anti-corruption/anti-graft undercover to unearth illegal or corrupted business dealings/undertakings, so that's how  the his problems in Korea will be resolved.

Knew those 2 guys are gay lovers.

oh no two pair of shoes.  What's with the 2 exact pairs of shoes?  Maybe Maru realized belatedly that the shoes he gave Soso were slightly too small so got her a bigger size pair to surprise her later? But he is still fazed by his earlier misunderstanding of what he saw earlier so was unsure of what to do next? Things are moving really to fast for him atm.  

And lol at the exorbitant price for an unlikely junk art of painted tin cans - an ingenious 'canned' humor bringing to life literally of what one man's trash is another man's treasure.  Kudos to the scriptwriter!!  

The ambiguous 3 couple's relationship remains a mystery.

Gosh, another week to wait until the next episode.

Archived