[Drama 2017] The Package 더 패키지

Go Seung Ji

I think Ryu Seung Soo and his traveling companion are maybe father/daughter and he's talking on the phone to his mom :) Otherwise it's way too obvious that they are having an affair--

I wanna know what happened between Maru & his gf--something to do with his shady company, right? And maybe she betrayed him somehow--

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realised when they showed Soso reminiscing of her ex, they didn't exactly showed his face since all we got is his backview. So, the mysterious man may be or may not be her ex. Could he be a relative or something? Idk. just a guess only. I'm still curious who's the dude the mysterious guy character talk to in the car in episode 1. 

@purpleinyreyes1  @ecs707a Great insights on the father/daughter theory. :D

Just now completed the second episode, the flashbacks of san maru's relationship has given an idea Abt his infatuation or attraction over that lady but due to deleting attitudes n mindsets there is restrain between them.. I don't think so his ex is really in love with him.. She just considers him as hot guy so she agreed on dating I guess.. San maru in his career being uptight n honest has led him to problems.. There r soo much conflicts in his life but he has no proper thinking how to sort it.. So is So So she is also running away from her past.. I don't understand abt the crazy guy lol.. The way San Maru pretended to be Japanese lolz.. Y did the affair couple girl take a pic of San maru??..:huh:

Gosh!! San maru is way clueless he helped her but instead of that they left him.. :D

Waiting to see how love will develop between these two conflicted individuals n the life of other couples too:lol:

9 hours ago, ferily said:

Yeah I think Yoon's character, the crazy guy who came out of jail, is So So's ex-husband too.. I'm wondering what exactly happened between the two of them and why he ended up in jail.. it seems like he is very violent and has anger management issues.. Seems like he's going to cause trouble with So So in the future episodes..

He seems funny to me.. I don't feel much danger vibes from him.. But we never know how they story wud go lol:ph34r:..chingu!! Very happy to meet u in this thread

I watched the first 2 episodes of The Package and the only thing that goes through my mind is crazy. It's beautiful, it's romantic, it's about traveling, about vacation, about love and suffering, about life in conclusion. Those who have not been to Paris can be imagined there by the story and pictures of this drama. It's one of the best drama series I've ever seen. I do not know anything about ratings and I do not care why it's so low,  I will watch this drama with pleasure until the end, especially that when you have a hard day and you look at this drama you will surprise yourself laughing and remain  with a state of well-being.  And Yonghwa plays admirable, comedy catches him. The whole distribution is magnificent so this serial is a complete package I will enjoy this. I hope more people to enjoy it.

42 minutes ago, Dinu Dana said:

I watched the first 2 episodes of The Package and the only thing that goes through my mind is crazy. It's beautiful, it's romantic, it's about traveling, about vacation, about love and suffering, about life in conclusion. Those who have not been to Paris can be imagined there by the story and pictures of this drama. It's one of the best drama series I've ever seen. I do not know anything about ratings and I do not care why it's so low,  I will watch this drama with pleasure until the end, especially that when you have a hard day and you look at this drama you will surprise yourself laughing and remain  with a state of well-being.  And Yonghwa plays admirable, comedy catches him. The whole distribution is magnificent so this serial is a complete package I will enjoy this. I hope more people to enjoy it.

Was the ratings low for this drama? I have only heard good things about it. 

51 minutes ago, roy_lover said:

Was the ratings low for this drama? I have only heard good things about it. 

Nielsen reports 1.7% for and TNMS says 1.9% for episode 2 (and episode 1 was similar).  It's on JTBC and in kind of a weird time slot, so that doesn't seem that bad to me.  Black, for the closest comparison, is airing Sat/Sun instead of Fri/Sat, and an hour earlier than this show, and on OCN instead of JTBC, but it only got a bit over 2% on that same day.

I doubt it'll be a huge ratings hit both because of the genre and the time slot, but it seems to be doing fine.  Even Age of Youth which seems universally loved only got about 3% in this same time slot.

I hope i can continue this drama, nothing seems interesting to me yet,  ... i just checked this thread out of curiosity, wondering who from HS can i find here... hahaha @ferily @icyphoenix so you guys are here,.... hahha nice to intentionally bump into you chingus... :D

I can't say anything bout the drama yet aside from, i had a good laugh at ending of episode 2, when they are all in hurry running and the tourists didn't know why they were so in hurry... hahahahaha I'm like @stuartjmz that running part made me wait until next week... if i'm gonna drop it or not lols

I watched both episodes and this drama is definitely crazy as most of you have described it. The ending of ep 2 was epic. Everyone was running in the streets for no freakin' reason LOL Let's not forget the 'non rien de rien' song in the background wahahahaha That was seriously one good choice of song LMAO :lol:

All the characters are interesting and weird in their own way but seriously this San Maru is a freak. I know he's not that type of person but man your behavior and actions scream 'FREAK'! LOL Jung Yonghwa rocks his new character and it's so similar to his real personality which is even more amusing to watch. Okay just that Yonghwa is not dumb nor obsessed with women stuff wahahahahaha But it seems like everyone has been judged by the looks and actions. They are not what they seem to be.

The ratings are good for the first two episodes and for a Fri-Sat drama. It's a cable channel and it's rare for their dramas to score high ratings right off the bat. Just look at all the dramas airing on Saturday. I have a feeling the ratings will skyrocket in the coming weeks. It's such a fun drama with so many interesting characters. I'm soooo staying. Can't wait for the next episodes.

@icyphoenix @ferily @notohaterfans @stuartjmz @yusefull Oh nice to see you here friends from the HS thread haha Let's make this thread as interesting and fun as the HS thread.

@jjeennyy19 Oh long time no see. Hiiiiiii!

4 minutes ago, lovegirl92 said:

@icyphoenix @ferily @notohaterfans @stuartjmz @yusefull Oh nice to see you here friends from the HS thread haha Let's make this thread as interesting and fun as the HS thread.

Don't sure if I will watch it. I don't know if it's because I am french but I don' have that mutch of an apeal. I will maybe come back after it end if the ending is good enough for me.

16 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

I started this for Lee Yeon Hee, but episode 1 didn't connect with me at all, and by 45 minutes into episode 2, I was seriously thinking of dropping. Then everything fell into place and the show started making sense, by the time the tourists were running full tilt through the streets of the Paris to the strains of Edith Piaf, I could definitely say "non, je ne regrette rien" about my decision to give this one a try. :grin:

That running scene was amazing! The Edith Piaf's song was just perfect!

I've watched it about 5 times now and I keep laughing each and every time. 

I started watching this drama because of Young Hwa, but I found myself hooked by the other characters as well. As you guys said each of them are very interesting. But the one, aside from Ma Ru, of course, that stole my heart already is the angry Ajuhssi that calls everyone Eonni. :wub:

Speaking of Ma Ru, I love his character he's so clueless and genuine naive that is freaking adorable. And Young Hwa is delivering the comedy very well.
He was so relieved to stop the crazy guy from reaching SoSo that he forgot to run for the bus as well. And he totally had the time to get on that bus. That scene was priceless. Especially when Crazy Guy saw MaRu running and yelling in Korean and realized he lied about being Japanese. LOL

21 hours ago, nessie21 said:

@purpleinyreyes1  @ecs707a Great insights on the father/daughter theory. :D

True! I never thought about that. But that totally can be the case. And I think it would be a nice twist if they were not lovers.

21 hours ago, purpleinyreyes1 said:

and why did Ryu Seung Soo's traveling companion take a pic of Maru through the window in the cafe? 

That got me intrigued as well. She doesn't seem to be interested in him, is not like she found him hot and wants to hit on him.

Can't wait for more episodes. And please don't let us down drama, pretty please!!!

12 hours ago, lovegirl92 said:

All the characters are interesting and weird in their own way but seriously this San Maru is a freak. I know he's not that type of person but man your behavior and actions scream 'FREAK'! LOL Jung Yonghwa rocks his new character

Totally agree! YH is nailing it--he's so funny and his timing is so good. But he's also making San Maru completely lovable & not repulsive or weird in any way. He's just a little bit---quirky.

On 10/16/2017 at 3:18 PM, icyphoenix said:

@lovegirl92 hii chingu!! Nice meeting u here.. Lol now we have many HS shippers here at package... Hope we will stay here for a long time n enjoy the show n this thread too.. 

Hope the drama keeps up the fun element n keeps showing more of our weirdo San maru lolB)

Hi!! hyunjae shipper. I am here because of Yong Hwa, Dr Kwak's band mate :tongue:

Archived