[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Rush to the Dead Summer 夏至未至

sugarplum892

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pinocchio3 said:

Amazed at how good and the interactions between the leads are so cute. Btw I'm having second lead syndrome lol 

I recognized your screen name from mydramalist. Welcome aboard! It's too bad the following will happen, and I am guessing the synopsis for this drama is wrong unless.. 

Spoiler

ZA's mother died.. not sure of XS' mother is next because I actually cried for once for the second lead. It's too bad his fate was already written as is... unless the producer decides to deviate away from the novel.

I just started watching this drama and it been great so far. All the characters is really starting to grow on me. I'm watching it on dramafever but anyone know if it already ended in China/  I know I shouldn't have look at spoiler but I did.

Spoiler

Some people says it'll be a bad ending for our main leads. If it's true then it's pretty disappointing especially Xiaosi because he is such a good friend to everyone and he also did dearly loved Li Xiao. Pls, I hope it'll get at least a good ending. 

On 6/30/2017 at 1:21 AM, Chanmie said:

I just started watching this drama and it been great so far. All the characters is really starting to grow on me. I'm watching it on dramafever but anyone know if it already ended in China/  I know I shouldn't have look at spoiler but I did.

Hide contents

Some people says it'll be a bad ending for our main leads. If it's true then it's pretty disappointing especially Xiaosi because he is such a good friend to everyone and he also did dearly loved Li Xiao. Pls, I hope it'll get at least a good ending. 

Welcome! The thread has been extremely silent. sigh. 

Spoiler

Well I don't think both LX and XS made an effort to maintain a good healthy relationship. For me, I find the second lead pair--ZA and the girl making a better OTP than LX and XS. Even though ZA will be imprisoned later on.. he will eventually get the girl while LX  and XS split. It was meant to be... their youthful days can no longer carry on. People change, circumstances change, and life moves on. I like on the drama focuses on 10 years---a span of one's life in order for us to relate to the characters. 

I also can't really pity LX's best friend: 

Spoiler

This girl will betray our OTP eventually.. I find her character written well. She was so weak and vulnerable during her youth and thus came XS warming up to her. She became obsess with him to the point that no one else around her really mattered anymore. It's too bad her character was written like this as well because I find that she had so much potential yet it all went down the drain due to Carol's impact on her. I find her being peer pressured way too easily---often times this is relatable to a lot of the teens now a days. 

Spoiler

And thus ep 40 marks the end of their warm summer days. 
It's too bad... we also didn't get to see QQ betraying ZS that night when XS disappeared with QQ.. but we also don't exactly know if she slept with him. Such sadness but the drama is ending soon. The novel also doesn't explain the grey areas so we as an audience start making assumptions and draw our own conclusions.

Also, I like the second OTP way better for the first time in C-drama history. it's too bad ZA used the bottle without thinking and thus ending their sweet summer days. 

I'm heart broken by what's going to happen so I decided not to watch this drama for a while. I really like the beginning. I thought it'll be somewhat similar to Love 020 but Xiaosi, however is not as smart as Xiao nai. He should've try harder to protect the person he love. I feel like Li Xiao is also falling out of love with him in episode 32. It was still sweet of him to confess his hidden feeling for her. I like lu zhi ang but yan mo's character is kind of annoying. I guess he need someone like her in his life in order have some sunshine.

Because I haven't read the novel, I used to thought that Qi Qi would be paired with Lu zhi Ang. Sad, it didn't happen and instead she's the annoying third wheel. Yu Jian is one of my favorite supporting character now. I hope she also have a good ending too with Duan Qiao.

5 hours ago, Chanmie said:

I'm heart broken by what's going to happen so I decided not to watch this drama for a while. I really like the beginning. I thought it'll be somewhat similar to Love 020 but Xiaosi, however is not as smart as Xiao nai. He should've try harder to protect the person he love. I feel like Li Xiao is also falling out of love with him in episode 32. It was still sweet of him to confess his hidden feeling for her. I like lu zhi ang but yan mo's character is kind of annoying. I guess he need someone like her in his life in order have some sunshine.

Because I haven't read the novel, I used to thought that Qi Qi would be paired with Lu zhi Ang. Sad, it didn't happen and instead she's the annoying third wheel. Yu Jian is one of my favorite supporting character now. I hope she also have a good ending too with Duan Qiao.

SAME. I'm really hoping this will be have the Love O2O vibe. I've watched episode 1 to 4 however I paused when I've read about the frustrating developments from the novel. :(:(:( 

17 hours ago, Chanmie said:

FYI the novels are way too different for the characters to BE as some character in some other novel. Plus the authors are different too. I think XS' character was written like that to portray the character in the novel. He did an okay job but I would have liked some more expressions other than a poker face.  And correct, LX will dump him eventually.. keep watching.. love won't last forever, and their summer days are over.  

QQ had so much  potential yet she ruined it under pressure and out of her selfishness. FYI, YJ's loved one died later on.. keep watching as the drama parallels the novel. 

11 hours ago, babyjackjack328 said:

SAME. I'm really hoping this will be have the Love O2O vibe. I've watched episode 1 to 4 however I paused when I've read about the frustrating developments from the novel. :(:(:( 

Sadly what you anticipate is totally opposite. This drama tells the drama of youths who are naive. 

19 hours ago, xuel said:

its fine. u can talk with me now ^_^ 

What episode are you on chingu.. I try to put spoiler tags but the reason for a forum is to discuss hence I stopped. 

28 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

Sadly what you anticipate is totally opposite. This drama tells the drama of youths who are naive.

are you still watching it? could you post what's happening so far after their graduation? betrayal is one of my hard limits in dramas so i'm trying to determine whether i could move past the betrayal on this drama or not... :(

5 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

What episode are you on chingu.. I try to put spoiler tags but the reason for a forum is to discuss hence I stopped. 

my last ep should be when XS news about the fake painting came out. was busy this few days so havent watch it.

On 7/6/2017 at 6:26 PM, babyjackjack328 said:

are you still watching it? could you post what's happening so far after their graduation? betrayal is one of my hard limits in dramas so i'm trying to determine whether i could move past the betrayal on this drama or not... :(

Long story short, LX and ZS are together and a lot of obstacles happen along the way. Pretty lighthearted drama.. up to the point where everything went downhill. Not much to explain other than the fact that the bright summer days are long over. 

Last episode shows ZA getting married to YM.. So not too bad of an ending since the poor boy suffered so much for his best friend. In a good way, I am glad LX moved on with her life and married some handsome guy. In my opinion, only XS was the only one who could not go back to the happy summer days, in a way, he was rushing to the dead summer. 

On 7/6/2017 at 11:03 PM, xuel said:

my last ep should be when XS news about the fake painting came out. was busy this few days so havent watch it.

Well the last episode aired. Happy for some, and not for others but at least it wasn't necessary an open ending .Interpreted that the main OTP(should have been the second leads in my eyes), lived a happy summer during their youth but things change over time and cause misunderstandings and conflict. In the end, they did not have faith, the first important trait in a relationship which caused their broken relationship. Love until the end of summer indeed. I did like the closure for ZA and YM--they deserve so much and yet they did get everything in the end--- LOVE. :wink: 

I really enjoyed this drama despite some lag in between here and there but the cast learned so much throughout their lives--they learned to grow out of love and grow into love. Most importantly, at least we get to see what true friendship means (ahem,, Qi Qi should just rot-- and of course in my eyes, she rotted away by herself without anyone knowing). She was so ashamed that she ran away. I like the actress who portrayed her character, she did well. 

Archived