[Drama 2016] Father, I’ll Take Care of You 아버님 제가 모실게요

tompark

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/21/2016 at 5:17 AM, TRAN said:

@UnniSarah.. Interesting theory, i did notice the Mom did not give him a welcome hug, the dad hugged him twice. Then HyunWoo's revenge was all a bit misundemisunderstanding.

Im curious what is  his secret for making so much money in America like that? He must be a genius. 

Fitst time seeing old couple wearing couple pajamas, it gives me a good feeling seeing it, i guess the mom and the dad they must still pretty in love with each other. So  we will be safe not to expect married couples to play around right? 

I noticed the camera zoom in on Jung Eun's necklace, must be meaning something. Maybe there's a connection between Hyun Woo and her.

@TRAN.... Chingu, I don't think the necklace means anything at all. The necklace was shown so he can know  Who sabotage the equipment in the building he issupervising at. Maybe you might be right chingu, if so we will eventually find out the truth.:D:D.  I too am wondering what did he do earned so much money in America, 

On 11/23/2016 at 2:04 PM, UnniSarah said:

@TRAN.... Chingu, I don't think the necklace means anything at all. The necklace was shown so he can know  Who sabotage the equipment in the building he issupervising at. Maybe you might be right chingu, if so we will eventually find out the truth.:D:D.  I too am wondering what did he do earned so much money in America, 

@TRAN @UnniSarah, I think Hyun Woo kept Jung Eun's necklace to protect her unconsciously from being a potential suspect.  Though he appears mysterious with secrets yet to unveil, HW seems like a man with a warm heart and kindness.  Cant wait to see eps 5 & 6 soon.

So JungEun met HyunWoo before in America. Fate reunites them again. JungEun actually has talents,  amazing memory and good at drawings, but her songs are weird. Waiting to see when she will be more serious and settle down.

I like the oldest brother Sung Hoon, he's a nice man. His mom will have have a heart attack if she knows Sung Hoon is bankrupt because he's bailing out his brother inlaw instead of raising penguins business.

I find SungJoon is a cold person, and so far DongHui is the only girl makes him smiles a little. But do the in laws allow to have romantic relationship? SungJoon's colleague seems rich and she's interested in him. Will she give him hard times if feelings not return?

And we get to see DongHui cries in previews. I don't like seeing weak heroine, but all the women in this drama are strong, so I guess she has to be the weak one for our hero to rescue her .

Annyeonghaseyo Chingu's 

I have a question Does this drama have two lead??? Are those lead  Oh Dong Hee, Han Jung Eun. Han Sung Joon and Lee Hyun Woo ???? 

At first , I thought the pairing would be Oh Dong Hee and Lee Hyun Woo but it looks like it will be Dong Hee and Sung Joon. I am really loving Dong Hee and Sung Joon 's chemistry. I have to say Sung Joon's aura is just like Hyun Woo. I hate the people around Sung Joon in his work place. The guy with the glasses reallllly pisses me off and refuses to mind his own business. He talks to much. The other guy who is always quarreling with him is just as annoying. They will cause so many misunderstanding between DH and SJ. It's so cute to see SJ trying to protect her the best way he knew how. 

I hate how DH's life really suck by the way. 

Guest snowpanda

I really like this drama so far. Though I can already feel my stress and frustration level rising by seeing the second sons family, and also the mother. there will be lots to come.. 
but i really like the oldest son and the father, I only hope the best for those two :) And I'm very curious how the two main couples stories are going to play out :D 

@UnniSarahyeah those long family dramas often have more than two leads, or at least more than one important pairing, since  everyone is quite important, and there are just so many people.
if you look at the poster, it shows you who is supposed to end up with whom. there are normaly no surprises in kdrama land^^
Father%2C_I%27ll_Take_Care_of_You-p1.jpg

@snowpanda.... THank you for the info chingu, I agree with you 10000% I can't stand Sung Joon's mother either. SHe realllly gets on my nerves. I totally understand that she has no interest in taking care of her family and she wants her freedom but damn she seems a bit cold to her children. I blame her for the way her secon son acts so childish. He takes after her all the way. He is just as selfish and childish like her. For a grown woman to act like that it is very sad because children always follow their parents action to the letter. I think while she was raising them she probably threw tantrums when she did not get her way and the husband always coddled her no matter what because he loves her. Even with all this complaining i did, I am enjoying it so far..... :heart::heart::heart:

I just want to say i prefer the actor plays HyunWoo wearing glasses, i think he he looks so much better and more handsome.

I also like the idea the Mom asking to share the bill and rent, i think it's fair. Maybe discount on the rent...hehe.

$200,000 that's a lot of money, how on earth DongHui will be able to pay back? And SungJoon does he really have that much money to pay on her behalf? Will the brother bring back the money some day ?

I'm up to episode 7 and so far....I'm absolutely digging DH/SJ coupling...totally ship them, but of course we are going to get a cra-cra female who will think she owes SJ. I love the fact that SJ already knows DH is a sincere person and is in earnest trying to pay him back the money that was swindled. I also loved in ep 6 where he discovered she had a talent for writing dramas.

Preview for tomorrows episode looks awesome! Also anyone else throw out SJ might be the missing brother of HW? Apparently he believes his neighbors are the cause of his families demise because he sure is giving the evil eye to the dad.

As to the SH and the man child (SS) I'm simply at no words...the childish behavior about the rent would be enough to kick them both out. I pitie SS kid...the poor boy wants to live a normal life, but his parents are trying to keep up with the jones....which means ultimate disaster. I see some adultery on the horizon for SS.

DH/GB....i feel so bad for them to live in the house after SH destroyed your livelyhood....I'm sorry that's not living...I would no be able to face my -in-laws and vice-versa the in-laws would never be able to face GB for what their son did.

Anyway this is a great drama...we are entering the angst area where SJ feelings for DH is starting to appear....episode 1-7 were more of the interesting kind except for today's episode....SJ felt alive when he sat talking to DH on the porch, but the previews spell thunderstorms on the horizon.

That's all I have for the moment! Until next time!

Hello, everyone!  It's nice to have a forum to rant & rave about this drama.  My favorite couple is definitely Sung Joon & Dong Hee.  I wish we get to see more of them, especially when she becomes a popular writer!  As for the other characters, I'm not sure if real people behave the way they do, or are they being dramatic for the sake of the drama.  Jung Eun gets on my nerves because she acts plain crazy to me & she's a lead?  Oh, gosh.  I much prefer to see Mi Joo.  It'd be nice to see the mystery revealed that Sung Joon & Hyun Woo are brothers.  Sung Joon certainly doesn't seem related to that Han family.  I only like Grandmother & Father Han & the two younger cousins (Chang Soo & Ji Hoon).  I also like the bickerings between Elizabeth & Grace Kelly and the two daughters in-law.  These are definitely the highlights of the drama for me. :)  

@UnniSarah, @Triton823 and @rileyelizabeth I absolutely agree with you!

I like the two grannies, the father, the eldest & youngest son (even if he isn't a real son of the family) and Dong Hee. The most annoying characters in this drama are SJ's mother, the second son and his wife plus the niece. They are so childish and unrealistic it's so obvious that they are false. Not the mother though, she could be a real person; maybe I could understand that she wants to live her own life but I don't like as she prefer the second daughter-in-law who had such a beautiful flat but moved in to sponge off them. The first son family at least was in a desperate situation and tried everything before move in.

David Lee is another case. I don't know which side of him is stronger - the kind (which seems to be pretended most of the time) or the revengeful...

I'm watching this drama for DH and SJ. They are really nice people and fit together well. I like how the tall guy tries to protect the short girl from the very beginning. In the preview I think he does it again. In front of the bookshelf he hide DH from the loan sharks (I think they are in the background). DH is more spirited and smarter than she seems to be and I think SJ sees it - not to mention the honesty - that's why he tried to help her, not just because he pitied her. And of course he started to have feelings for her for a while even if he hasn't realized it yet. Mi Joo is too bossy and wants to possess him - it's not clear to me why SJ let her do that for so long... Maybe he wanted to be friends and thought Mi Joo will get over her feelings soon... However it became worse that he didn't make her stop earlier. But who knows maybe he couldn't, after all Mi Joo seems to be unstoppable even now.

Can't wait today's episode!

I check this site every day I hope it become more alive!!!

I'm joining you all here. I like to watch family dramas but this none caught my attention the way Father, I'll take care of you has done.

I wanted to post last week here, But, because of health issue couldn't. So this is what i found while browsing MBC official site. This information is almost confirmed by These latest 2 episodes. Yup about Brothers. You can also find pics and behind the scene videos on MBC's official korean page.

See. All the crucial details are provided in Characters descriptions already.

English Page  http://content.mbc.co.kr/program/drama/2911627_64285.html

Korean page http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/azmo/index.html

I like Bickering between both Sister-in-Laws as well as Bickering between 2 grandmothers. The dynamic between characters as Pair is better than individual ones. Hye Joo being the ex-employer of Hee Sook as well as Sunbae of his husband. All 3 brothers into the media industry. The elder 2 brothers being into the same career. One is in print media and other one now starting a career in tv media and eyeing on beautiful host Yoo Ra.

We have annoying characters too. Mother Jeong Ae. Then we have that spectacle guy. I want to punch shut his mouth. Jung Eun over the top expressions and loud voice is annoying too. Also they are circling around serious issues in Light way so we the viewers don't feel down as much.

Ofcoruse, I'm most interested in Sung Joon and Dong Hee. How their relationship builds up over time and how they influence each other.

썸네일 이미지
Lee Hyun-woo: Starring Kim Jae-won
In order to take revenge on Han Hyung-seob after waiting for 23 long years, he disguise his identity as the CEO of an investment fund and moves next door to Han Hyung-seob’s house. During the day, he displays a genial personality as the boss of a construction site but at night, he spies on Hyung-seob’s house with his telescope. Following his plans, he upturns the lives of Hyung-seob’s children and buys all the surrounding buildings and homes in Hyung-seob’s neighborhood. After meeting Jung-eun, who is Hyung-seob’s niece by coincidence, he falls in love with her but she then discovers his real intentions and identity.
썸네일 이미지
Han Jung-eun: Starring Lee Soo-kyung
After traveling the world for over three years, she is forced by her mother to return home and occupies the rooftop floor of her Uncle’s house. Being unemployed makes her restless so she borrows money from her grandmother and uncle Hyung-seob to open a café in one of Hyun-woo’s buildings. After noticing that Hyun-woo would come to her café every day at the same hour and order the same menu, she figures out that he is actually David Lee, the CEO of Golden Street investment fund. Later, she eventually discovers that Hyun-woo is plotting revenge against her uncle.
썸네일 이미지
Han Sung-joon: Starring Lee Tae-hwan
He is the youngest son of Han Hyung-seob and holds the position of general manager at FGC Group. While visiting Taiwan for business he encounters Oh Dong-hee, who is running away from a Triad gang and helps her. Upon returning to Korea from his trip, he is reunited with her in Korea and eventually falls in love with her. At the same time, his biological brother reappears in his life and he learns about his past that he was unaware of, which puts him through an identity crisis. Sung-joon’s family suffers a series of crises due to his brother who aims to take revenge on Hyung-seob.
썸네일 이미지
Oh Dong-hee: Starring Park Eun-bin
To become a TV show writer, she applies to a top-ranked department of literature but her brother Chul-min steals her savings that she had set aside for college so her dreams of getting a college degree are crushed. Accepting her circumstances, she gives up on college but keeps her dreams alive to become a TV writer someday. But Chul-min steals her laptop that contained all of her story ideas. She could no longer tolerate what he did to her and decides to fly to Taiwan to track him down. In Taiwan, she coincidentally meets Han Sung-joon, who helps her when she gets into a prickly situation, who turns out to be her brother-in-law. Returning home, she finds herself living with Sung-joon and his family and also stuck with her brother’s debts.

I am loving Sung Joon & Dong Hee big time!!! He's starting to develop feelings for her unbeknownst to himself. He sees her sincerity and honesty unlike MJ (which I don't even know why he's still with her with he's expressed that he won't marry her as 'he knows his place'). Why is MJ is latching on to him when he's expressed his feelings regarding their future together. 

I also think SJ is the missing younger brother of HW.

@catocat.... Thanks for the info chingu. Glad that you are feeling better chingu. I knew Sung Joon wasn't Moon Jung Ae's biological son.You can tell she isn't because she never fussed over him or shown him any kind of affection.  We all saw Amon Jung ae fussed over her other two children in the past. I really wanted to continue hating this character but all her kids are just like her.  MJA spoiled her kids to point that her second is soooo lazy and is ready to have an affair now because his wife isn't give him enough attention. 

Kang Hee Sook is a terrible mom and human being. I understand she has a lot of hidden scars but it is no excuse to covet a fortune that isn't hers and to try to alienate the MJA's eldest child and his family. She should be more cautious with her son since he is having suicidal thought and hating his mom. I feel bad for the kid because even his father isn't even trying to help him or be buffer. That man only thinks of himself. 

Seo Hye Joo ,  I do feel bad for her and the way she allows her MIL treat her like crap is just disgusting. I understand she needs to make money because she is the money maker but she needs to help her son lose some weight, help him study or find some kind of interest in something besides food. I do love it when she puts her SIL's place. 

@anyeze... It seems we were correct in Hyun Woo and Sung Joon are blood related. Chingu, David Lee's revenge side is the stronger but I think SJ will make him give it up. I feeel so bad for David . He got really sick since still not being able to located his brother. I think he must have lot of bad dreams all his life after losing his brother.

I kinda feel that his revenge may not have any merit at all. He might have gotten the wrong info in the past. I wished he and his brother had not found their father's dead body. That must have traumatized him because he was older. At least SJ doesn't have those kind of dreams . 

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@catocat@anyeze

I kinda feel that his revenge may not have any merit at all. He might have gotten the wrong info in the past. I wished he and his brother had not found their father's dead body. That must have traumatized him because he was older. At least SJ doesn't have those kind of dreams . 

To me David Lee's revenge is nothing more than misplaced anger. Watching his dad interaction with SJ shows a loving and compassionate man who even took in his in-laws after what his son has done. I don't think he killed anyone, but David is misguided. I'm looking for SJ have a crisis's of who is he...we all know DH is going to be right there along side him. I have seen parts of the episode today and I just adore the interaction of DH/SJ. I absolutely love the fact that SJ knows DH without even really knowing her.

As to the two sister-in-laws fighting...you have a high-maintenance and low-maintenance fighting. The truth is the high-maintenance can't keep forcing her son to do something he doesn't. The child just wants to have fun, but she is refusing and from the previews of next weekend...the toll will hit the boy like bricks, but of course his mother will blame his friend.

Archived