[Mainland Chinese Movie 2016] Love O2O 微微一笑很倾城

sugarplum892

On 6/9/2016 at 4:05 AM, IMOmusings said:

Sure, I'll send it via PM. =/ gl with reading it though @_@ they made the vietsubs really big T_T

Hmm, if you don't quite like the drama, I'm not sure you'll like the movie. Although the movie remains a bit closer to the novel, a lot of interesting details are cut (especially the internship and anything after the boys graduate).

Hello! Can you send the link to me too? I'd love to watch it even if I don't understand either mandarin or vietnamese but who cares! lol Thank you!

I've watched both versions - Drama and Movie, can't choose really LoL, it's all a matter of preference *shrug* 

In Drama, it's more fleshed out so viewers get to watch their OTP longer perhaps LoL(?) And in the Movie version, it's more convenient for those who aren't bothered to sit through a 30-episode-drama. However, for me I prefer the Movie version a lil bit more over the drama... I think the pairing in the movie really looks more believable than it does in the drama. Although both pairings in both versions are equally pretty eheh. In drama the lead guy can come across too robotic(?) while the girl is too stiff, awkward in love scenes.

AngelaBaby did a fairly good job portraying her role and Jing Bo Ran ain't too shabby either;) 

where can I watch this film online with english subtitles?

Is there a website?

I am currently watching the drama version I am already on episode 27, and i started watching on Friday (its really fun). I never thought that there would be a drama like this where the leads meet together through an online game. 

13 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I've watched both versions - Drama and Movie, can't choose really LoL, it's all a matter of preference *shrug* 

In Drama, it's more fleshed out so viewers get to watch their OTP longer perhaps LoL(?) And in the Movie version, it's more convenient for those who aren't bothered to sit through a 30-episode-drama. However, for me I prefer the Movie version a lil bit more over the drama... I think the pairing in the movie really looks more believable than it does in the drama. Although both pairings in both versions are equally pretty eheh. In drama the lead guy can come across too robotic(?) while the girl is too stiff, awkward in love scenes.

AngelaBaby did a fairly good job portraying her role and Jing Bo Ran ain't too shabby either;) 

Well said! My thoughts exactly. 

My review

I watched on YouTube but the Vietsub is really big n d quality isn't that gd. But I can understand spoken Mandarin n didn't need d eng sub..

Here 

Spoiler

In comparison to the novel alot of adjustments were made to keep the length of the movie under 100mins.

Just%206.jpg

These means quite a number of scenes some that I love from the novel were omitted. Some of these that I recall

1. During Weiwei XiaoNai first meet up they had a meal together consist of mainly fish

2. Weiwei made a video for competition and XiaoNai helped to edit it and in the end they won

3. Weiwei through the prize got pets for the virtualgame n distribute to evyone in the gang. And a pair of cubs for her n XiaoNai to take care of so that they would be married when older

4. Er xi had stomach pains and send to hospital acc by Weiwei. When XiaoNai heard of it, he turned up to bring them home

5. XiaoNai oversee conversation btwn Weiwei n his fren where Weiwei blurted she is use to being courted n have received love confessions since young. Later XiaoNai use the same words to tease her

6. Weiwei meets his parents 

7. Weiwei and XiaoNai got married

There are also scenes that I thk was better aft changes made in the movie

1. When they meet up for the first time. XiaoNai approached Weiwei instead of the other way round

2. She bumped into him and caught his attention before he followed her into the cybercafe and saw her playing the game

3. He told a white lie that he was spending new yr with the gang but was actually alone, not wanting to worry her

4. When Weiwei heard she took the first train out to go to him (as opposed to novel ver he deposited money to her account to buy tickets to return)

5. Weiwei surpirsed him along with his buddies so that he wouldn't be alone

6. Their first kiss was in the lift, not the office. The first kiss showed not only he missed her fr the separation (as from the novel) but also appreciation and gratitude that she came to him. It makes their first kiss more special. Also I love the ten fingers intertwined followed by him placing her hand on his waist. But the best was the tenderness aft that, a kiss to the tip of the nose and then on the forehead

7. The first time Weiwei sees XiaoNai. I love this one sided glass. Abit RomeoJuliet feel.

Just%2029.jpg

Also some characters what they did etc were changed

In comparison to the drama, I actually prefer the movie

1. XiaoNai in the movie was more approachable, not as cold. He smiles more while the drama version is more of smirk, other times pokerfaced. 

2. XiaoNai in the movie is more verbal and would explain himself to Weiwei. He is invincible in the game but also fallible in person despiter being smart. XiaoNai in the drama out wits everyone and also comes across as blackbellied.

3. Weiwei in the movie is more outgoing, vibrant even alittle tomboyish. Weiwei in the drama is super ladylike, more shy and more rigid

4. Er xi character in the drama was fleshed out and I didn't like when she was selfish 

What the drama did better was because they had more time so all the important scenes and plot are able to be covered but they also introduce needless plotlines or annoying antagonists which I have little patience for.

The drama got so popular by realy putting the focus on Yangyang's XiaoNai who was really handsome. His XiaoNai was diff from  Jing BoRan's XiaoNai. One is more aloof and ethereal, one is more relatable. Both were good but I prefer Jing BoRan's version. ZhengShuang's Weiwei was a bit cold, she's so shy she don't seem to reciprocate XiaoNai. I thk only 1 of her 7kisses where you see her responding. The camera had to focus on Yangyang who did most of the work. It's like I see Zhengshuang trying to act instead of her melting into character. Like she's trying to erecr a wall and maintain distance from yang yang. So although they had alot of kiss scemes, some with very sweet settings, most of the kisses weren't that good cause she seemed too stiff. Yang Ying or Angela baby's Weiwei is very outgoing and abit tomboyish, more so that the novel. Sometimes there's also overacting. She isn't the most natural actress but I did find her more engaging than Zhengshuang. Furthermore in the movie I see eqial footing that both characters love each other. She responded to his embrace and kiss. Even the body language was also comfortable.

The movie lost a lot of the novel's gist and soul when they condense it. Perhaps it would have fared better if they did a movie part 1 and part 2. Then they wouldn't have to cut out so !much scenes. Anyhow I would be rewatching it when there's a better quality one

Spoiler

(Maybe both ABB and JBR having their other halfs can throw caution to the wind and just act out their characters while ZS is worried about sparking rumours etc like her earlier relationship with ZH) .. Just a feeling

• 5 weeks later...
14 hours ago, TseTeng Chew said:

Does the movie have the KO and Mojata BL plot line?

No it does not :( but the characters are there lol

On 9/27/2016 at 6:56 PM, czakhareina1 said:

hello,

just wanna as, is there a a forum for the drama here at soompi?

not sure if you found it yet but here is the thread for the drama version

• 3 months later...

Archived