Broadcast Date: August 12, 2016

Cast:

Angelababy

Jing Boran

Wu Qing

Li Xin

Li Jiu Yun

Synopsis:

What is it that makes a man fall in love with a woman at first sight? Appearance? Aura? Wealth? NO, when campus prince and gaming expert, student Xiao Nai first saw Bei Wei Wei, what made him fall in love was not her extraordinary beauty, but her slim and slender fingers that were flying across the keyboard and her calm and composed manner!!! Embarrassing, no? At the same time, gaming expert Bei Wei Wei, at this time and place is on the computer, methodically commanding a guild war, and won a perfect and glorious victory despite being at a disadvantage, and was completely unaware that cupid is nearby. Soon after basketball player, swimmer, all-around excellent student, and game company president, Xiao Nai, uses both tactics on and off-line to take this beauty’s heart. Therefore this romance slowly bloomed. ~~ Movie adapted from the novel by Gu Man.

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Previews:

OSTs:

Jing Bo Ran - Initial Dream

Additional Links:

Just One Smile is Very Alluring 微微一笑很倾城 Novel English Translations

Just One Smile is Very Alluring 微微一笑很倾城 Weibo Page

Just One Smile is Very Alluring 微微一笑很倾城 Audiobook

Love O2O 微微一笑很倾城 Drama Thread

7 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

Does anyone know when exactly this is being released (i.e. time, coz I know it's meant to be tomorrow/today depending on where you are), and also where? Is it a proper movie release or web-movie?

it's a movie.. too bad they not release it in malaysia.. i've anticipating to watch it in cinema. not sure where else they release this

IT'S OUT IT'S OUT!!! Some very intense searching later and I finally found it AND OMG IT HAS ENG SUBS FROM PRODUCTION!!!

EDIT: SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE (DO NOT OPEN)

Spoiler

AHAHAHAHAH Angelababy as Wei Wei is just soooooo cute xD but damn is she feisty - embarrassing that guy that wrote the article about her by revealing he visits 'adult' sites xD

OH JEEZ her darkness with martial arts moves at the store aahahahhahahahha

PWAHAHA she's more interested in his genius than his looks xD I pity her friends xD

ROFLMAO - "Why don't you give birth to a boy and let him marry me?"

OMG AHAHHAHA the reaction of his friends to the horse flying scene PWAHAHHHA

......*crying from laughter* her confession to get rid of the guy came at JUST the right moment and lord...JB's smirk *swoons*

WOW....that duel....the CG....just....

and that garden scene from the trailer is just as mesmerising when watched in context with the movie O_O --- oh that's just creepy....he's watching her be mesmerised by his character @_@

AHAHAHAH the multi-PK 

*spitswater* the swimming daydream and the seat shuffle ROFLMAO

WOAHHHH - "If she wants to be with me, I don't care about those things."

Wow....the CG effects and 'in-game' reality are so well done O_O although....some of the slow-mo facial reactions leave me feeling =.="

oh darn the scenery is reallllyyyy nice ~~~, not a fan of Boran's game hair though =/

I was so afraid they would make it dorky and ugh like some of the recent Chinese xianxia dramas. Must say, there is a vast difference between the production of serial production companies to those that do large scale movies...I'm envious

For any Viet friends out there....one phrase to describe this story -- lang man

Overall, the movie kept fairly true to the novel, albeit cutting out quite a fair bit - but that's mainly due to the time constraint of a movie. The chemistry between Angelababy and Jing Boran is enough to make it believable, but I'll hold judgement till I watch Yang Yang in the drama version.

Angelababy definitely shows a level up in her acting chops in this movie compared to some of her other works I've seen.

I wouldn't say this is one of the best novel to movie adaptations out there, but it's definitely a good spend of an hour of my life.

The anticipation for the drama version is now sky high~~~

EDIT 2:

Spoiler

I swear...I don't remember there being a make-out session in the elevator...in the novel O_O

• Guest changed the title to [Current+Mainland+Chinese+Movie+2016]+Love+O2O+微微一笑很倾城

I'm starting the drama version - I didn't realise there was a movie version. this is kinda strange...the movie and the drama release dates are very close to each other.

I'm liking it so far. It has the cheese and the cute factor. Anyways I don't know any of the actors (I don't usually watch Chinese shows) but the lead actor is very cute, which helps. hahaha

On 8/13/2016 at 7:37 AM, IMOmusings said:

IT'S OUT IT'S OUT!!! Some very intense searching later and I finally found it AND OMG IT HAS ENG SUBS FROM PRODUCTION!!!

hello , could you PM the link to the movie too? I've tried to look around and haven't found it, it's the drama I keep finding and I'm really curious to see how diff it would be. thanks!

9 minutes ago, cdcotr said:

hello , could you PM the link to the movie too? I've tried to look around and haven't found it, it's the drama I keep finding and I'm really curious to see how diff it would be. thanks!

unfortunately the only link I knew of was taken down, and the other version that's available has Vietnamese subs written over the top of the Eng ones so they can't be read =/

23 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

unfortunately the only link I knew of was taken down, and the other version that's available has Vietnamese subs written over the top of the Eng ones so they can't be read =/

hi @IMOmusings thank you for replying! :)

Could you send that link anyway? I'm curious abt the visuals and maybe I can read through the viet subs a little enough to follow the story. There are certain things I'm not liking in the drama version (I'm at ep 20 so far and skipped and saw 23) and wonder if it's diff in the movie. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, cdcotr said:

hi @IMOmusings thank you for replying! :)

Could you send that link anyway? I'm curious abt the visuals and maybe I can read through the viet subs a little enough to follow the story. There are certain things I'm not liking in the drama version (I'm at ep 20 so far and skipped and saw 23) and wonder if it's diff in the movie. Thanks!

Sure, I'll send it via PM. =/ gl with reading it though @_@ they made the vietsubs really big T_T

Hmm, if you don't quite like the drama, I'm not sure you'll like the movie. Although the movie remains a bit closer to the novel, a lot of interesting details are cut (especially the internship and anything after the boys graduate).

4 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

Sure, I'll send it via PM. =/ gl with reading it though @_@ they made the vietsubs really big T_T

Hmm, if you don't quite like the drama, I'm not sure you'll like the movie. Although the movie remains a bit closer to the novel, a lot of interesting details are cut (especially the internship and anything after the boys graduate).

I don't dislike the drama, I've actually been enjoying it and watched 20 eps in 2-3 days! LOL

Just certain aspects of it, I wasn't too happy with. =D

Some of it is the main actress' acting or her interpretation of the female lead's character, her best friend is sometimes too loud, a couple of the annoying female gamers =D. Maybe that was how it was written but since I haven't read the source material, I can't tell if it's the acting or the writing. I really like the friendship between the 4 guys, their banter and teasing is very entertaining. they humanize the main guy so that he doesn't seem so much like a robot, too perfect.

Hope I understand the movie enough to spot the differences! It should be interesting. So thanks again!

Archived