4 hours ago, meechuttso said:

I thinks starting with KBS MGL she was like a free agent and could start paying back her mom and dad for all the free meals and lodging and transportation for her first 28 years, her private arts high school and private arts college tuition and all her beauty-care products. @kokkuri33 let me know if this sounds right to you - you are supposed to know about these things, aren't you?? @iffy21 you too, if you are savvy. I want to know if oori-baby is getting fair compensation after all her sufferings.B)

@meechuttso - I think she is definitely getting paid much better for her current projects like 30/17, Hymp of Death and Innocent movie. I remember her candied answer on the running man show that she gets better paid before MGL including commercials. And if I was her agent, I would 100% be asking for bigger cuts for dramas since she is now one of the most sought-after actresses in South Korea. As a good daughter that lives with her parents, I wouldn't expect less of her than to pay back her parents for all their support and raising her. In addition, who wouldn't want to provide their parents with a better life and comfort as they get older. 

What I love about her is that she is realistic about life and doesn't like wasting money. She once said stated that she would prefer to have no wedding ceremony due to the hassle of organising it and she would rather not waste money. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I'm extremely curious about how salaries for k-dramas work. I've seen various estimates from $30000 per episode to $70000 per episode for a lead role, so a range of $480,000 - $1.12MM for a 16 episode drama? But I have no idea how accurate the estimates are, or where SHS would currently fall in that range.  (I also have no idea if the per episode rate is smaller for a 52 episode drama, or not.)

SHS appears to be very intelligent, thoughtful, and realistic so she is likely doing a good job helping her family, and planning for her future projected expenses.

Unless her family borrowed piles of won from the sketchy moneylenders that keep popping up in k-dramas, and considering that it seems that SHS mostly likes to eat, sleep, and watch anime between projects, they are probably in good shape for debt?

Hopefully, SHS is investing her won piles well. (But, just in case, I dedicated 4000 words to money matters in my almost-complete SHS fan letter.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

13 hours ago, iffy21 said:

As a good daughter that lives with her parents, I wouldn't expect less of her than to pay back her parents for all their support and raising her. In addition, who wouldn't want to provide their parents with a better life and comfort as they get older. 

What I love about her is that she is realistic about life and doesn't like wasting money. She once said stated that she would prefer to have no wedding ceremony due to the hassle of organising it and she would rather not waste money. 

Yes you are a good student of this forum @iffy21 You get a :cookie:

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/389185-shin-hye-sun-%EC%8B%A0%ED%98%9C%EC%84%A0/?do=findComment&comment=21214182

I didn't realize at the time how much fun they had at her expense after that comment about no-wedding romang.

2 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

I'm extremely curious about how salaries for k-dramas work. I've seen various estimates from $30000 per episode to $70000 per episode for a lead role, so a range of $480,000 - $1.12MM for a 16 episode drama? But I have no idea how accurate the estimates are, or where SHS would currently fall in that range. 

Wow, I had no idea. I did a search and found who the tops are. Hopefully she'll be in the top 10 in the 2019 list?

Spoiler

http://www.foxnewspoint.com/top-10-highest-paid-korean-actress-in-the-world-2018/

https://www.soompi.com/article/763517wpp/10-of-the-highest-paid-k-drama-actresses-and-what-they-earn  (2015)

and

https://www.worldstopmost.com/2018/highest-paid-korean-actors-rich-list/

Let's make this gender pay gap an issue next year,... LoL.

Kind of sad that I'm turning into a bean counter in her first break-out year.

3 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

(But, just in case, I dedicated 4000 words to money matters in my almost-complete SHS fan letter.)

So where's this 100,000 words fan letter you speak of?? Do you want to PM it to all of us regular minions here first? I am getting a bit curious since you mention how it keeps growing. Don't write your first and only billion word fan letter after her retirement, please, @kokkuri33.

18 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Sorry guys, I just realised I took the first post position on a new page again and this is the best I can do. :rolleyes::P

That's just perfect @Ni Wen. Thank you.

tumblr_pk0bmsqDOe1valxs7o1_r1_500.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

Hide contents

Kind of sad that I'm turning into a bean counter in her first break-out year.

So where's this 100,000 words fan letter you speak of?? Do you want to PM it to all of us regular minions here first? I am getting a bit curious since you mention how it keeps growing. Don't write your first and only billion word fan letter after her retirement, please, @kokkuri33.

I've been an SHS bean counter ever since I watched "Five Children" and was shocked to discover that SHS wasn't one of the huge stars of South Korea. Hopefully, SHS will be rollin' in won for quite awhile.

The fan letter is getting a bit unwieldy. I considered decreasing the length by using a smaller font for the poems, but that wouldn't really be in the spirit of Pelle Woojinberg, my favorite Swedish poet.

Fortunately, I saved a bunch of money by not flying to South Korea to pick up the SHS issue of Elle, so I'm going to use that savings to fly over, and hand-deliver the fan letter to YNK.

• LOL 2

Fortunately, I saved a bunch of money by not flying to South Korea to pick up the SHS issue of Elle, so I'm going to use that savings to fly over, and hand-deliver the fan letter to YNK.

Wow you're a much better fan than my dial-it-in fanhood. That sounds great if you're being serious. Let me know if you need any parts translated into Korean, etc.

The fan letter is getting a bit unwieldy. I considered decreasing the length by using a smaller font for the poems, but that wouldn't really be in the spirit of Pelle Woojinberg, my favorite Swedish poet.

But something tells me Woojin-berg is another pun that went over my head. Are you a hockey fan?

tumblr_pk0bmsqDOe1valxs7o2_r1_500.gif I've always been curious if actresses get to keep somenof the jewelry they wear on screen especially if they are spokesperson for the merchandise items. Like if I were SHS I would be tempted to dress up like I was cosplaying Cha Si-Ah and wear those ear rings and just sip wine at home on Tuesdays, for example. Anyone else curious? :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

10 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Wow you're a much better fan than my dial-it-in fanhood. That sounds great if you're being serious. Let me know if you need any parts translated into Korean, etc.

But something tells me Woojin-berg is another pun that went over my head. Are you a hockey fan?

tumblr_pk0bmsqDOe1valxs7o2_r1_500.gif I've always been curious if actresses get to keep some of the jewelry they wear on screen especially if they are spokesperson for the merchandise items. Like if I were SHS I would be tempted to dress up like I was cosplaying Cha Si-Ah and wear those ear rings and just sip wine at home on Tuesdays, for example. Anyone else curious? :rolleyes:

(Serious Mode Engaged) My fan letter plan is just to type a couple of paragraphs of English (with simple word choices), and include a Google Translate copy-pasted below. It probably won't be read, but it seems it would be good to simply add to the "international pile." The more fan letters received from outside of South Korea, the better, right?

(Serious Mode Off)

Per-Erik (Pelle) Woojinberg was a reclusive poet/writer in Sweden during the 1930s-1970s. He was an orphan, and no records of his youth exist. Not many pictures either, but he was a bespectacled man with very Asian features. 

I think I probably read somewhere that it's standard practice to secure all the props in the prop room, when not in use. After the production is finished, the actors/actresses are blindfolded, sent into the prop room, and allowed to select one item each. The remaining items, if any, are divided among the crew. 

• LOL 2

2018 Best Mini-series rating during Jan 1 - Dec 20, 2018 by Nielsen.

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1S8JURGDG5

(edited) Soompi article

https://www.soompi.com/article/1281243wpp/check-watched-miniseries-dramas-2018

1. Return

2. Mr. Sunshine

3. Miracle That We Met

4. Boyfriend

5. Prison Playbook 

6. Shall We Kiss First?

7. Thirty But Seventeen

8. The Last Empress

9. Black Knight

10. 100 Days My Prince

11. Less Than Evil

w0PFwkk.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201812211141390410

Kim Yun-Ah, Shin Hye-Sun, Shin Ha-Kyun  Participation in the 100th anniversary campaign

please read translation from @meechuttso in below post.

201812211141390410_2.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003152009

그 첫 번째 주자로 '피겨 여왕' 김연아와 래퍼이자 '선한 영향력'을 전파하는 비와이가 각기 다른 방식으로 지난 100년을 돌아보고 기억하는 시간을 갖는다. 또한 여러 작품을 통해 주가를 올리고 있는 배우 신혜선과 현재 월화드라마 '나쁜형사'에서 열연 중인 배우 신하균이 그 뒤를 잇는다.

The Google translation is horrible. She's joining this campaign?

Edit: Sorry for the double post. @immorethant I only saw your post after I posted. :lol:

• LOL 2

20181221115943614gnou.jpg

20181221115943754qxcc.jpg

From https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181221115943633

Wow, SHS selected to be one of the voices for the 100th anniversary of the 'March 1st Movement' awareness campaign! :w00t:

Starting January 1, 2019, there will be a campaign consisting of 3-minute '1919-2019, 기억․록', or "1919-2019, Remembrance" segments bringing to focus 100 of the historical people who made Korea what it is today. :love: Skater Kim Yun-Ah, Shin Hye-Sun, actor Shin Ha-Kyun, musician BewhY listed as one of 100 celebs as spokespersons, it says.

That she's listed at the top of the list is yet one more indication of the kind of love and trust our beloved actress is now enjoying from her S Korean public. Definitely a BIG DEAL in @meechuttso's humble opinion. :expressionless: And this probably will mean that the 'Shin Hye-Sun diction' (신혜선 딕션) video will only get more hits, too.

Spoiler

20181221115943754qxcc.jpg

[마이데일리 = 박윤진 기자] 3.1운동 및 대한민국 임시정부 수립 100주년을 맞아 MBC가 내년 1월 1일부터 지난 대한민국 100년을 만든 100인에 대한 3분 캠페인 다큐 '1919-2019, 기억․록'을 새롭게 선보인다.

'1919-2019, 기억․록'은 이 시대를 대표하는 셀럽 100인이 오늘의 대한민국을 있게 한 한국 근현대사 100인의 인물에 대한 '기록자'로 등장해, 그들의 목소리를 통해 100인의 인물을 새롭게 조명하는 3분 캠페인 다큐 프로그램이다.

그 첫 번째 주자로 '피겨 여왕' 김연아와 래퍼이자 '선한 영향력'을 전파하는 비와이가 각기 다른 방식으로 지난 100년을 돌아보고 기억하는 시간을 갖는다. 또한 여러 작품을 통해 주가를 올리고 있는 배우 신혜선과 현재 월화드라마 '나쁜형사'에서 열연 중인 배우 신하균이 그 뒤를 잇는다.

'1919-2019, 기억․록'은 내년 1월 1일부터 수시 방송된다.

[사진 = MBC 제공]

Edited by meechuttso
You guys are much too fast now!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much @meechuttso for translation:wub: Such an honor for her to be selected for this campaign and especially from other broadcast channel.

4 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Edit: Sorry for the double post. @immorethant I only saw your post after I posted. :lol:

That's ok :) sorry too that sometimes I added my post by editing from the old post. I think 3 of us posted at the same time, because yesterday there's no news at all so we all are so excited to share this news today.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

The Google Translate of that Naver article seemed to indicate that SHS was "raise stocks", which was pretty cool b/c the last 3 months have been really bad for stocks, and that seemed to be a newly-released SHS talent. Reading the translation was a bit of a letdown.

The "March 1st Awareness" project seems pretty cool. SHS/YNK are doing a good job keeping SHS in the public eye by staggering these supplementary projects while SHS in cowmoding on the set of "Innocent." The "March 1st" project, award MCing, G.O.D. video, LovCat pics, etc. are all useful at keeping SHS relevant between the airings of her major projects. SHS/YNK need to work a bit on the art of Instagramming, though- a month (and counting) between Instagram posts is too long...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Just a trival news regarding this year's stage show for SBS Drama Awards.

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/2018drama/article/57771/E10009335339

The 'Matilda' musical team will present 'When I Grow Up' on this SBS Drama Awards. It will be fun to imagine for the children who want to be an adult quickly, and memories of childhood for adults who have already grown up. 

Spoiler

• Like 1

Happy SUNday !

KDshjKH.gif

tAL5u8H.gif

December Brand Reputation Rankings For Drama Actors Revealed

https://www.soompi.com/article/1282141wpp/december-brand-reputation-rankings-drama-actors-revealed

SHS is at #19 :blush: 

Spoiler

For participation and community index, She got around rank 17-19th  which was corresponding to her total rank.  For media index she came at 27th :crazy: , however, it was compensated by communication index which she was ranked at 10th. :P  

BrIbcB1.jpg

• LOL 1

On 12/23/2018 at 1:51 AM, immorethant said:

SHS is at #19 :blush: 

I should learn from you @immorethant - as a true fan, I imagine you would have posted it even if she had been #119. Thank you so much.

I expect this week to be very slow news cycle, maybe not even any releases on Monday morning KST due to Christmas (although it's a holiday still not celebrated in SK like it is in, say, the US). I know I'll be busy with RL and fam, taking a break too, finally.

998CEB365C1CFAEF03

http://moon-dawn.tistory.com/238

This blogger makes really high quality gifs and water marks them, moon-dawn or '새벽의 달'. I just wanted to share these (seems like from HoD ep 2) - go there for many more (and save some for the next time you're at the top of a new page)!

Happy Christmas to everyone (who celebrates it)! Warm wishes and blessings to all my chingoos here - it's been such a great several months of awesome fun giggling over all that Shin Hye-Sun is doing - and best of all, MUCH MORE TO COME! :wub: Hugs & kisses to all u lovable minions !

19371.gif

• Like 2