Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

F2AyLr7.jpg

 

7 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

I totally agree with you on this. 30but17 appealed to a wider, different and younger group of audience. Her natural and convincing portrayal of a 30 year old with a 17 year old mentality and how she slowly progressed and "grew" up to be like her actual age at the end of the show, actually showed another side of her to the audience that she can be so adorable too

 

I've read many comments from people who only know her from 'Legend of the Blue Sea' saying that they hated her :unsure:. Some of them may know that later she got leading role and were nominated/won many awards in MGL , but with long 52 episodes they were not encouraged to watch it. 

 

However, after watching her in '30but17', many admitted that they fell in love with her (some even remember her name as 'Woo Seo Ri') and became interested to check her past works. Not surprise to see many of 'Yeon Tae' episodes or her clips from the past which we've never seen before uploaded to Youtube recently  (even I myself found AQUTOP video with subtitle in my native language :w00t: ).  

 

And it's a good timing (with luck that they need to shoot more episodes or may be a well planning) to air 'Hymn of Death' after '30but17', not before.   Because now she's more well-known and gain more fans who eager to watch her new work, now expectation of this drama becomes skyrocket from both LJS and SHS fans.  Win-Win-Win for all.  :wub:

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, titania1000 said:

 

I don't know for the process but it's probably just mix of  a concept with a trending actress/rising star and that's why it felt random. Any celebrity could have pulled it off. 

But that doesn't mean it was bad: she was "playing" a style just the same way she takes on a character. Sometimes i like her role/the writing for her character, sometimes, i don't but it doesn't detract from her professionalism. 

That's a good point. Seems like Elle has clothes/cosmetics to advertise, and throws them on celebrities with abandon, leading to hit or miss results.

If SHS had done the shoot as "Seo-ri" with "Seo-ri" hair/mannerisms, it would have been much better! 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, immorethant said:

However, after watching her in '30but17', many admitted that they fell in love with her (some even remember her name as 'Woo Seo Ri') and became interested to check her past works. Not surprise to see many of 'Yeon Tae' episodes or her clips from the past which we've never seen before uploaded to Youtube recently  (even I myself found AQUTOP video with subtitle in my native language :w00t: ).  

 

And it's a good timing (with luck that they need to shoot more episodes or may be a well planning) to air 'Hymn of Death' after '30but17', not before.   Because now she's more well-known and gain more fans who eager to watch her new work, now expectation of this drama becomes skyrocket from both LJS and SHS fans.  Win-Win-Win for all.  :wub:

 

Noticed the same thing on YouTube- SHS is definitely gaining more support!

How do we recruit these new fans to this thread?

 

Also, I like how @meechuttso's Minions are all starting posts with a pic now!

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, immorethant said:

 

I've read many comments from people who only know her from 'Legend of the Blue Sea' saying that they hated her :unsure:. Some of them may know that later she got leading role and were nominated/won many awards in MGL , but with long 52 episodes they were not encouraged to watch it

 

Yes because some people don't watch long dramas, they missed out on MGL which she got recognised by her acting AND Five Children which she was so adorable in. They instead watched her in supporting roles of other mini series such as Legend of the BlueSea and She Was Pretty which wasn't that well liked. I'm glad she won new fans in 30but17 and I strongly recommend these new fans to watch her in Five Children despite it being a long 54 episodes drama. Yeon Tae is my most FAVOURITE role of hers to date and definitely her breakout role.

 

Hope Hymn of Death can win her more fans, exposure and recognition 

  • Like 6
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

 

P/S: since all the minions are at work, how can the newly promoted lieutenant minion not post a pretty pic too even if it's not on a new page :joy:. It's actually getting fun! Glad to see much activity here! 

At ease, soldier. Good work. LoL.

 

993433385BDA80722B

Pretty pics are nice, but gifs still rule. Look at this one!

Giffer after my own heart:http://moon-dawn.tistory.com/217?category=740956

So many more pretty ones there - blow your mind. I like to think she was inspired by my August post.

Spoiler

tumblr_pdobuyEljb1valxs7o4_r1_500.gif

 

9 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Same! 

I've decided to watch finally! I miss her on my screen!:lol:  

giphy.gif Welcome, prodigal @titania1000 this just for your happy return to the suicidal drama fold. :skull::scream:

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kokkuri33 said:

How do we recruit these new fans to this thread?

No need, with LSJ fans we're going to have to beat them off with a stick from posting here, LoL.

And they're 'called', not recruited. :phew: That's why her last name is Shin 신 , goddess.

34 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Hope Hymn of Death can win her more fans, exposure and recognition 

LoL, yes my point exactly. :rolleyes:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

nX0ycJM.jpg

Ae3SsYM.jpg

IgRFetY.jpg

 

595Heaz.jpg

P3ogefX.jpg

G8klUGG.jpg

 

 

Love her coat. :love:   and agreed with @Ni Wen hope she will have some time to rest. 

 

From news headlines : 

"Shin Hye Sun attended a women's wear brand (it MICHAA) event at Lotte Department Store in Seoul "

"Autumn Goddess (가을 여신) "

"Goddess in department store""

"Like the miracle of the Red Sea on the appearance of Shin Hye Sun" (the way she walked with security guards on both sides :P).

 

(Edited : also youtube video - credit to owner).

 

 

 

Edited by immorethant
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif Man, the minions are relentless! Not to be outdone by pics, here's a stolen gif to hold my own until I can think of something more creative.

 

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

 and agreed with @Ni Wen hope she will have some time to rest. 

I am not worried about her resting. Look! I see some of her plump cheekiness back on her face! She's probably sleeping again and watching Manga and eating grandma's good home cooking to fatten her up for the next gig - 3 months of cold shooting in the wet winter (you know, the movie I told you about):phew:

  • Like 5
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Hymn of Death finally gets an air date! And it’s going to be aired after “Foxstar Bride”. Finallyyyyyyy! Can’t wait to see the sizzling chemistry betweek LJS and our babygirl. :heart:

 

And also, I love that she’s gaining back all the lost weight LOL. I really love the plumpy cheeks (Yeon Tae days). She’s probably all rested cause she even went on SNS hiatus. :lol: 

 

We miss you, oori Hye Sun-ssi!!! 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes yes, she's become chubbier on the cheeks but I thought she looks a little worn out and tired. Maybe she's just tired of smiling continuously these few weeks at the awards and fansign events :joy:

 

@meechuttso love your gifs as always!!!  I don't know how to do gifs so I can only repost photos from others sns :joy:

 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Yes because some people don't watch long dramas, they missed out on MGL which she got recognized by her acting AND Five Children which she was so adorable in. They instead watched her in supporting roles of other mini series such as Legend of the Blue Sea and She Was Pretty which wasn't that well liked. I'm glad she won new fans in 30 but 17 and I strongly recommend these new fans to watch her in Five Children despite it being a long 54 episodes drama. Yeon Tae is my most FAVOURITE role of hers to date and definitely her breakout role.

 

Hope Hymn of Death can win her more fans, exposure and recognition 

 

This is a good point. It's very rare that I will watch a long drama that has a SHS % of 0.

SHS will scoop up a lot more fans by the end of 2018.

 

6 hours ago, meechuttso said:

I am not worried about her resting. Look! I see some of her plump cheekiness back on her face! She's probably sleeping again and watching Manga and eating grandma's good home cooking to fatten her up for the next gig - 3 months of cold shooting in the wet winter (you know, the movie I told you about):phew:

 

Her October/November schedule seemed to be mostly shorter events, staggered days apart.

It would be nice to get her a couple of full months off, but YNK might not go for that, and this strategy is probably best, careerwise.

She's, hopefully, been able to normalize her sleeping and diet routines, and focus on reading manga, and watching pre-2018 animes.

When she needs some exercise, she can just go outside without a disguise, and run away from chasing fans.

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

 

This is a good point. It's very rare that I will watch a long drama that has a SHS % of 0.

SHS will scoop up a lot more fans by the end of 2018.

 

 

Her October/November schedule seemed to be mostly shorter events, staggered days apart.

It would be nice to get her a couple of full months off, but YNK might not go for that, and this strategy is probably best, careerwise.

She's, hopefully, been able to normalize her sleeping and diet routines, and focus on reading manga, and watching pre-2018 animes.

When she needs some exercise, she can just go outside without a disguise, and run away from chasing fans.

 

 

LOL I laugh at the last line which is so true! I bet a lot of fans DO NOT just recognize her now, they would probably flock around. I mean I would try my hardest to stay away if I saw her so she wouldn't get creeped out, but like the best part of me would want to run to her. :lol:

 

10 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Yes yes, she's become chubbier on the cheeks but I thought she looks a little worn out and tired. Maybe she's just tired of smiling continuously these few weeks at the awards and fansign events :joy:

 

@meechuttso love your gifs as always!!!  I don't know how to do gifs so I can only repost photos from others sns :joy:

 

 

 I thought she looked good, though. She seems well-rested to me. LOL or maybe because yea, she doesn't look as skinny as she was in 3017. 

 

13 hours ago, meechuttso said:
 

giphy.gif 

Man, the minions are relentless! Not to be outdone by pics, here's a stolen gif to hold my own until I can think of something more creative.

 

I am not worried about her resting. Look! I see some of her plump cheekiness back on her face! She's probably sleeping again and watching Manga and eating grandma's good home cooking to fatten her up for the next gig - 3 months of cold shooting in the wet winter (you know, the movie I told you about):phew:

 

YOU'VE DEFINITELY TRAINED YOUR MINIONS WELL. :blush: proud to be part of the army lol 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have very weird question.. lol

 

SBS doesn't seem to be promoting Hymn Of Death much maybe because its only a short drama. But do you think they are going to have interviews atleast? Or a Press Conference? It just feels odd that LJS as we know is a big star but they aren't giving much attention to HOD. :( 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mylovekge said:

SBS doesn't seem to be promoting Hymn Of Death much maybe because its only a short drama. But do you think they are going to have interviews at least? Or a Press Conference? It just feels odd that LJS as we know is a big star but they aren't giving much attention to HOD. :( 

 

These events will probably happen when we get closer to the airing date? 

 

20 hours ago, mylovekge said:

 

LOL I laugh at the last line which is so true! I bet a lot of fans DO NOT just recognize her now, they would probably flock around. I mean I would try my hardest to stay away if I saw her so she wouldn't get creeped out, but like the best part of me would want to run to her. :lol:

 

If I saw SHS in my country, there wouldn't be flocking people. I would want to approach her, and try to tell her that she is my favorite Baseball First Pitch Thrower/talk to her about anime, but most likely I would just stay a safe distance away.

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No news of her activity today,  I hope uri SHS will get some rest like this. :relaxed:

 

PqAVIQh.gif


 

OMO. There's Hymn of Death trailer out already ? :w00t:

Spoiler

 

 A video captured by a fan. I guess it was shown in Lee Jong Suk Fan meeting 'Crankupin Jakarta, Indonesia on Nov 3.

So excited, love the atmosphere, style and costumes.  I want to scream like those fans.

My expectation is so high now.  :love:

(Hope someone will share higher quality video and with Eng sub. Really want to know what they said in this trailer.)

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by immorethant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tumblr_php6lqePR61valxs7o4_r1_500.jpg

 

tumblr_php6lqePR61valxs7o2_r1_500.jpg

 

18 hours ago, immorethant said:

Really want to know what they said in this trailer.

 

Going out on a limb to try on very poor quality audio. Transcribed it in case someone wants to try - LJS must be so popular and big now he can control his own production releases and sneak previews to his fanclub exclusively. Somebody who knows Indonesian can translate back to English from the screen subs? Ha ha. B)

Quote

YSD - Yoon Shim-Duk by Shin Hye-Sun
KWJ - Kim Woo-Jin by Lee Jong-Suk


00:45 Voiceover:
십년전엔 자유가있었지. 하지만지금 이땅엔!... 자유란건 없네...
10 years ago there was freedom. However now on this land!... No such thing as free..

 

00:50 YSD:
미국에서의?? 공연 - 좋지요.  
그런데 여긴 ... 무슨일로 왔는데요?
Performing [in America??] - sure it's great.
But to this place ... what brought you?

 

00:53 KWJ:
나는 도망올때에 나를 해방식으로
내 조국을 포기하지않으려는거뿐입니다.
When I was fleeing... like liberation for myself [??? unclear]
I am merely trying not to give up on my country is all.

 

심덕씨도 그런마음으로 노래하는거, 아닌가요?
Are you (Shim-Duk-ssi) not also, singing with that mindset?


01:00 [Japanese talking...]

 

01:07 [unintelligible]
[Something about glory...]

 

01:13 Voice of WJ's friend:
우진씨를 좋아합니까? 아니면 사랑합니까?
Do you like Woo-Jin-ssi? Or do you love him?

 

01:16 Voiceover [said to KWJ probably]:
천력이아니라 그무엇을 버리고서라도 함께하시....????
Not only power but no matter whatever it is you give up ... to be together???

 

01:20 YSD:
아무래도 상관없어요. 당신과 함께할수있다면
Nothing else matters to me. If I can be together with you.:wub:

 

01:23 KWJ:
[mostly unintelligible...]
처음이자 마지막으로
My first and my final....

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:phew:

My mother would disapprove of me for what I have become - a rumor mill paparazzi who leaves no stone unturned in search of 찌라시 (toxic gossip).

Appropriately hidden under spoiler for the 'I am over 30 but less than 17 mental age and can handle it' acknowledgment by the reader who clicks for the same - so you can't judge me. LoL. :ph34r::ph34r:

Spoiler

So this article claimed and announced SHS's next project exclusive (after the movie film schedule)

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181105142703474?rcmd=re&f=m

a rom-com drama called, 단 하나의 사랑, which translated means 'Only One Love' but is a play on the word '단' (meaning something like Only) which happens to be the male lead role's name, 'Daan', a Fallen Angel who has to make a true love match for an earthling before he can be reinstated to his celestial status - but somehow falls himself instead for oori-baby darlin' earthling (an unearthly earthling at that, as we here all know, :phew:) named 연서 , 'Yeon Seo'. So used in that sense, it could be translated as "(Angel)Daan's Only Love". Yeon-Seo is supposed to be a former ballerina who doesn't trust people easily and is unable to date or find love.:unsure:

(Yes, the same spelling as well known actress Oh Yeon-Seo.)

 

Then a very short time later, YNK came out denying the whole thing as FALSE rumor. That she's not even in the middle of considering this work, but when she has decided on the next project she will publicize it.:crazy:  source

 

I only passed along this very bad information here becoz, you, know, to me, it sounded pretty juicy and I wouldn't have minded at all her taking this role - although it would totally depend on which actor is chosen as 'Daan' 단.;)

 

It just got my mind racing - yours too I'm sure, Minions, as to what angelic male in the k-dramasphere would qualify for such an angel role? Tall and chiseled, broad shoulders, his topless look with only wings attached to his back...:sweatingbullets:

 

OK kids, remember, by clicking and having read this, you can't throw rotten tomatoes at me, o.k.? :vicx:

@meechuttso does not necessarily approve of the low quality mis-report I just spread but am bound by an even lower standard of journalistic integrity to report everything I read - kind of like 'I report you decide'. LoL B)

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...