Quantcast

And Kim Nam Joo wins... Curses.

Then SHS turns into a presenter (!!!), for a category that included one of her dramas (MGL)... and MGL loses to "My Mister." SHS looked good (and 8 feet tall!) on stage, but WTF??

But the Top 3 Seoul Awards highlights are:

3. SHS walking up the red carpet steps sideways.

2. SHS' bemused expression at watching Soyoun attempt to kpop on the main stage.

1. SHS looking better than anyone at the Seoul Awards in Korea on Planet Earth.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

@kokkuri33 Absolutely agreed with your top 3 highlights.  I love the above photo most from today.  Most actresses dressed in white, but she stood out in black dress. :w00t:  

Little bit sad she didn't win but her competitors are all top actresses.

My consolation thought is that she just acted as leading roles for 2 dramas, and was nominated for both. 

Keep up your great work uri SHS, will always support you. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

16 minutes ago, immorethant said:

@kokkuri33 Absolutely agreed with your top 3 highlights.  I love the above photo most from today.  Most actresses dressed in white, but she stood out in black dress. :w00t:

That might be one of the best SHS photos in SHS History! (Even in competition with baseball pics!!)

This one is great too!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

:heart::heart:

Stunning, beautiful, gorgeous, elegant, adorable.  Can't find any more better words to describe this girl.  My vocabulary seems so limited suddenly :joy:

Edit: I'm sorry for the repeat photo. Didn't refresh my page and didn't see that it was already posted by @kokkuri33 but I'm not removing this because this is my favourite photo of her today :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

:heart::heart:

Stunning, beautiful, gorgeous, elegant, adorable.  Can't find any more better words to describe this girl.  My vocabulary seems so limited suddenly :joy:

Edit: I'm sorry for the repeat photo. Didn't refresh my page and didn't see that it was already posted by @kokkuri33 but I'm not removing this because this is my favourite photo of her today :D

My favorite, too. Post it as much as you want!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Hola all you fans and gawkers! Excellent, splendid job everyone, posting all manner of goodies - there's no slowing down to all the pics of our goddess.:thumbsup::rolleyes:

Although late to the party (as usual of late, fall is always too busy season in RL), I give you @meechuttso's own contribution that might enhance the visual extravaganza that oori baby Shin Hye-Sun has gifted us with - that is, word translations of all the plethora of adjectives used by all the news release articles endlessly flowing from each juicy angle and pic of SHS throughout the night. Just a glance at twitter, I culled these below (which are still coming). You might find them funny and adds to the piquancy of the exquisite flavors these gorgeous pictorials give us - we the truly hip insiders and purveyors of the SHS-beauty Club, on the throes of nirvana beholding her indescribable beauty - but let's still try adding to the indescribable, here they are! :w00t:

* 단아한매력의 극치                                pinnacle of elegant appeal

* 과장없는 미모                                         face-beauty without exaggeration

* 머리부터 발끝가지 아름다워            beautiful from tip to toe

* 싱그러운 미소                                         fresh & fragrant-scented smile

* 가녀린 각선미                                         slender leggy-beauty

* 폭발하는 비주얼                                    explosive visual

* 치명적인 매력                                         deadly charm (fatal attraction)

* 단아한 미모                                              elegant, graceful face-beauty

* 수줍은 손하트                                         bashful hand(finger)-heart

* 러블리 하트                                              lovely heart

* 청초한 미모                                              pure/elegant face-beauty

* 단아함의 정석                                          the standard(textbook) of elegance

* 30살과 17살의 공존                              30 & 17 year-old coexistence

* 옳은 미모                                                   the right beauty-face

* 블링블링 꽃 미모                                   bling bling flower face-beauty

* 시선 강탈 미모                                        beauty-face that steals(robs) your gaze

* 신비로운 아름다움                               mysterious beauty
* 헉 소리 나는 근접 미모                        face-beauty proximity speechless gasp

* 레드카펫을 빛내는 미모                     beauty-face that makes the red carpet shine brightly

* 파격 노출로 드러난 예쁜 등라인     unexpectedly exposed pretty back-line

* 단아함 뒤에 놀라운 반전 뒤태          elegance followed by unexpected hind view

* 시선을 멈추게 하는 아름다움           beauty that stops your gaze

* 계절 잊은 드레스                                   season-less dress

* 눈부신 드레스                                         (blindingly-)bright dress

* 사랑스런 민소매 드레스                     lovable sleeveless dress

* 신혜선 미모 실화냐?                            Shin Hye-Sun face-beauty - for real?

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

These many pictorials and articles about her and the need for the writers to come up with unusual vocab words just to describe her speak volumes about the unique stand-out, unusually interesting visuals that she represents - her statuesque figure, her demure deportment B), her shy nature but mysterious air about her for the public that knows what else she's capable of on-screen, all these things make her completely topical and buzz-worthy, more and more each day.

:wub:

So I want to also add that I am not at all sad or disappointed at her not winning the prize this round. I think it's probably a bit of politics, but all part of the fairly well orchestrated planning and cooperation by many people in the industry to make sure that she gets the maximum exposure and the kind of recognition for this phase of her development as an iconic entertainer. We can now expect that when she's in competition with the older actresses, she will probably not yet be given the top prize over the veteran - the veterans paid their dues and were nominated with the purpose of getting the proper recognition that only the top prize can give them. Not so with the young and still new Shin Hye-Sun, whose future is so much brighter already - the very fact that she was invited to the ceremonies and for 2 different works and was a presenter for one of the biggest prizes is proper recognition and acknowledgment that she's already at the highest levels - look at all the presenters who were last year's 1st annual Seoul Awards winners. She got to be shoulder to shoulder with them without even attending last year's. So in terms of the purpose of the evening and what it accomplished for her as well as the right message it sent everyone watching, it must have been a win-win-win-win-win for everyone. And she got a chance to show a different look before a very wide audience. :love:

And we the junkies got our fix of her, ... erm, for a couple of days....

But we have each other to comfort one another, right? LoL. :expressionless:

EDIT: go here for her best still shots

Edited by meechuttso
added 3 more on top
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thank you so much @meechuttso for translation of those news captions, reading those words make me overjoyed. No more the day that someone used to call (blindly) that she's ugly.  Now everyone seems to agree on how elegant and beautiful she is.

7 hours ago, meechuttso said:

all part of the fairly well orchestrated planning and cooperation by many people in the industry to make sure that she gets the maximum exposure and the kind of recognition for this phase of her development as an iconic entertainer.

And I totally agreed with you on above quote. It's interesting that she was on stage with executive chief of Sports Seoul which is sponsor of the Seoul award, such a great honor for her to be chosen to present this award.  And (if VLIVE Eng translation was not wrong),  I recalled he also said that he's rooting for her :w00t:

So I hope she will keep up her good work. With all support from fans and medias, I believe that day will come soon when she wins grand awards along with those veteran actresses.

Below is the old clip since the time of 'She was pretty'.  (I can't translate that but at least it's good for me seeing her smile, laugh and be talkative for half an hour).

At 2.40 min, she introduced herself and her past works from a colored A4 print out, and the list of her works was just a short list :tears:.  

But now, she can introduce herself by just saying her name and everyone knows the name 'Shin Hye Sun'. 

Looking back from today, I'm so proud of her.  :love:

• Like 6

SHS goes to her signature move right before exiting the stage.

Wonder if her stint as a presenter was originally-planned, or if she was just thrown up on stage unexpectedly?

She seemed a bit nervous, but she did fine.

• Like 3

This thread is going too fast: i will never catch up with my real life getting in the way!!:tears:

On 10/23/2018 at 2:13 AM, cadymcbronzie said:

Hey y'all!

Miss you guys so much. And miss spazzing about uri baby on the recent happenings! I truly enjoyed her in the last drama. She really has a knack for carrying out rom-com roles such as Five Enough and 30 but 17. And she is really looking gorgeous in her recent pictorials too!

In the meantime, let me leave you guys with this cutesy scene! Definitely one of my faves :kiss_wink:

And I'll be back... not that soon! But yeah, I'll be back *promise*

We've been missing you too @cadymcbronzie!

The old days of this thread  are over but i hope we won't lose anyone in the process now that comes the time to enjoy her success!

8 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Although late to the party (as usual of late, fall is always too busy season in RL), I give you @meechuttso's own contribution that might enhance the visual extravaganza that oori baby Shin Hye-Sun has gifted us with - that is, word translations of all the plethora of adjectives used by all the news release articles endlessly flowing from each juicy angle and pic of SHS throughout the night. Just a glance at twitter, I culled these below (which are still coming). You might find them funny and adds to the piquancy of the exquisite flavors these gorgeous pictorials give us - we the truly hip insiders and purveyors of the SHS-beauty Club, on the throes of nirvana beholding her indescribable beauty - but let's still try adding to the indescribable, here they are! :w00t:

* 싱그러운 미소                                          fresh & fragrant-scented smile

* 가녀린 각선미                                          slender leggy-beauty

* 폭발하는 비주얼                                     explosive visual

* 치명적인 매력                                          deadly charm (fatal attraction)

* 단아한 미모                                              elegant, graceful face-beauty

* 수줍은 손하트                                         bashful hand(finger)-heart

* 러블리 하트                                              lovely heart

* 청초한 미모                                              pure/elegant face-beauty

* 단아함의 정석                                          the standard(textbook) of elegance

* 30살과 17살의 공존                              30 & 17 year-old coexistence

* 옳은 미모                                                   the right beauty-face

* 블링블링 꽃 미모                                   bling bling flower face-beauty

* 시선 강탈 미모                                        beauty-face that steals(robs) your gaze

* 신비로운 아름다움                               mysterious beauty
* 헉 소리 나는 근접 미모                        face-beauty proximity speechless gasp

* 레드카펫을 빛내는 미모                     beauty-face that makes the red carpet shine brightly

* 파격 노출로 드러난 예쁜 등라인     unexpectedly exposed pretty back-line

* 단아함 뒤에 놀라운 반전 뒤태          elegance followed by unexpected hind view

* 시선을 멈추게 하는 아름다움           beauty that stops your gaze

* 계절 잊은 드레스                                   season-less dress

* 눈부신 드레스                                         (blindingly-)bright dress

* 사랑스런 민소매 드레스                     lovable sleeveless dress

* 신혜선 미모 실화냐?                            Shin Hye-Sun face-beauty - for real?

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

All korean journnalists become poets when it comes to describe her beauty!:lol:      

But obviously this back helped a lot! 

giphy.gif

Credit: OAO3017

9 hours ago, meechuttso said:

These many pictorials and articles about her and the need for the writers to come up with unusual vocab words just to describe her speak volumes about the unique stand-out, unusually interesting visuals that she represents - her statuesque figure, her demure deportment B), her shy nature but mysterious air about her for the public that knows what else she's capable of on-screen, all these things make her completely topical and buzz-worthy, more and more each day.

So I want to also add that I am not at all sad or disappointed at her not winning the prize this round. I think it's probably a bit of politics, but all part of the fairly well orchestrated planning and cooperation by many people in the industry to make sure that she gets the maximum exposure and the kind of recognition for this phase of her development as an iconic entertainer. We can now expect that when she's in competition with the older actresses, she will probably not yet be given the top prize over the veteran - the veterans paid their dues and were nominated with the purpose of getting the proper recognition that only the top prize can give them. Not so with the young and still new Shin Hye-Sun, whose future is so much brighter already - the very fact that she was invited to the ceremonies and for 2 different works and was a presenter for one of the biggest prizes is proper recognition and acknowledgment that she's already at the highest levels - look at all the presenters who were last year's 1st annual Seoul Awards winners. She got to be shoulder to shoulder with them without even attending last year's. So in terms of the purpose of the evening and what it accomplished for her as well as the right message it sent everyone watching, it must have been a win-win-win-win-win for everyone. And she got a chance to show a different look before a very wide audience. :love:

This summarizes perfectly her current status.

Her story is to be continued at the next big awards ....  

• Like 4

18 hours ago, meechuttso said:
it must have been a win-win-win-win-win for everyone. 

@meechuttso

That... is a lot of wins!

One of my favorite SHS descriptions google-translated to "Beauty that stops the cold."

SHS definitely lost the actress award to factors outside her control. 

If the award actually went to the best performance, it would have gone to the "bling-bling flower face-beauty."

• Like 3

21 hours ago, immorethant said:

the list of her works was just a short list :tears:

Thanks for finding that. Just the tidbit that may be new info for her fans translated.

The pair (Ahn Se-Ha in Kim Poong-Ho role and SHS in Han Sol role) were done with shooting early and started interviews while waiting for Shin Dong-Mi (in Cha Joo-Young role) lady.

Reminding the audience who they are in case they can't remember....

2:40 - SHS - as she shows her poster of previous works - OMGhostess recently, HSKoS before, School2013 before that, says, "you probably don't know but 4everYoung, Vietnamese collaboration production." ASH - Were you a Vietanemese? SHS - No, dubbed voice.

13:00 - SHS - Bathroom scene BTS? It was fun shooting it. There's a part where I fall down, and because I lacked the know-how I fell really hard. In the end they didn't use that cut but another one where I spare my body a bit more, I noticed, because I fell too hard they said they can't use that.

Q. Great memorable scene for each?

25:20 - ASH & SDM both tell everyone that the bathroom scene was truly a great scene, especially if the sound effects had not been taken out. Only regret that the sound was taken out.

2016091101000486900033014.jpg

On 10/26/2018 at 10:49 PM, meechuttso said:

Q Do you still enjoy fantasies (imagination)?

SHS - Will it sound strange (laughs)? Sitting in the bathroom endlessly staring at myself in the mirror I imagine many things. What role will I do next? It'd be nice to do a character with this feel, then what would be the lines? I make my own dialog and practice and make various faces. The bathroom is a type of practice room. During real shooting I have pulled out the material studied in the bathroom and used it also.

Whether this was an instance of a bathroom practice come in handy moment or the moment that inspired her continuing bathroom exercises, @meechuttso does not yet know.:crazy:

4 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

One of my favorite SHS descriptions google-translated to "Beauty that stops the cold."

That's very good, although I haven't seen it yet. No wonder I was feeling warm.

I added 3 more new ones at top of the original post.B)

* 단아한매력의 극치                                pinnacle of elegant appeal

* 과장없는 미모                                         face-beauty without exaggeration

* 머리부터 발끝가지 아름다워            beautiful from tip to toe

If you want to find these articles, just search for the left side phrases in Korean with 신혜선.

Then you can decide if the pic that goes with it agrees.:phew:

20181028215845370nwrm.jpg

• Like 5

Thank you again @meechuttso . You are so kind to translate that clip. The toilet scene is one of my favourite. I think her comedy acting skill is superb.

Here is another compilation video which I love because it contains many of my favourite scenes and pics of her :wub: - including that toilet scene :D

Credit to owner for creating this lovely happy birthday clip.

(My apology if it was posted here already). 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, immorethant said:

Thank you again @meechuttso . You are so kind to translate that clips. The toilet scene is one of my favourite. I think her comedy acting skill is superb.

Here is another compilation video which I love because it contains many of my favourite scenes and pics of her :wub: - including that toilet scene :D.  

@meechuttso @immorethant

Those are awesome videos! SHS is hilarious- she is probably hilarious IRL, also.

It might be necessary to either learn how to read Korean, or to find a new favourite actress.

(Learning Korean from scratch would likely be easier...)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I love this shoot from WKorea!!!

@meechuttso Thanks so much for the Elle interview translations and SHS article headers! I am especially happy about the fact that she has so much to smile about nowadays:lol: Thanks for explaining her loss at Seoul Awards and that her presenting was a big deal. I at first thought she went knowing she would lose the actress award, but wanted to give the award to her drama...but that didn’t happen and I noticed she left right after presenting the award. BTW...we will not call your locating SHS landmarks stalking ok?;)

@immorethant who dared to say she was ugly! She’s a natural, girl next-door, one-of a kind beauty....try that for a header! 

@kokkuri33 Agreed with your top 3 highlights! I’m going to add that she got to sit next to “Jennifer “ and Joo Ji Hoon:P

@Ni Wen Love that pic of her trademark gesture....but she has soo many trademark gestures right? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1