Quantcast

@sunshine92  Thank you so much !!, been waiting so long for those Elle photos.  I really love the first one too.  :love: 

Oh, I just notice that I'm at the next page, may I quote your photo here again ? to start the page with this perfect smile.

6 hours ago, sunshine92 said:

DqUKRt2UwAA99vc?format=jpg

Her interview at Elle website 

http://www.elle.co.kr/article/view.asp?MenuCode=en010302&intSno=22126

Translation (credit to HYESUN TRANS twitter)

CM7l3RU.jpg

c5tpSE0.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

37 minutes ago, immorethant said:

@sunshine92  Thank you so much !!, been waiting so long for those Elle photos.  I really love the first one too.  :love:

Her interview at Elle website  (waiting for someone, especially @meechuttso to help translate, please)

http://www.elle.co.kr/article/view.asp?MenuCode=en010302&intSno=22126

@sunshine92Those pictures look a bit weird to me. SHS kind of resembles Seo Hyun Jin. But perhaps I am developing prosopagnosia?

@immorethant 

Is that "interview" just an excerpt? Hopefully, there is more content in the actual magazine?

From Google Translate, it seems like just the usual SHS interview: "every scene (of Still 17) was difficult/fun,  was a good experience to challenge facial expressions of a 17 year old, my own personal expectations get more realistic as I get older, I'm trying not be greedy/going a step at a time."

I'm ready to watch Hymns of Death.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@kokkuri33  Yes, I agreed that it's just an excerpt.  I believe there are more pics and more interview in the hard copy one.  I hope we can have chance to see that soon, or someone will share to us. :) Otherwise, I may have to buy that magazine for myself :D

• Like 2

@immorethant Perfect first pic to post!!!! Can’t ever get enough of her even in duplicity.

@kokkuri33 I’m not sure I like the way they put on her make up in two of the pics, so I agree that she does look a little not herself. I wouldn’t go as far to say she looks like SHJ though lol.  

I feel like she looks best with little makeup. That being said I think they were going for American style makeup? Although, I and others I know here definitely don’t put on that much makeup ...so Kim Kardashian style makeup? :sweatingbullets: 

am ready for Hymn of Death as well but I feel like it won’t come out until next year at this rate:dissapointed:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, sunshine92 said:

Ahhhh!!! I love the first one!!!

Me too!!!! That first photo, so lovely  :love:

This is another of my favourite photo in this Elle photo shoot!!! 

Another favourite is the one she's eating fries :w00t:

She actually look best in her natural look. I can say if that two (second and third photo from @sunshine92 post) of the photos look weird and not like her, they must have been edited. :sweatingbullets: She is beautiful on her own without any need for any editing of her photos

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

21 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1251749wpp/shin-hye-sun-shares-thoughts-character-30-17-getting-older

We still need a copy of the magazine for the full interview. This is only an excerpt. Too bad I can't get the magazine here 

A flight to Seoul would only take me ~20 hours. 

But doesn't seem that it would be worth it to grab a copy, unless there were guaranteed SHS baseball, soccer, or anime cosplay pics!

By this time next week, we'll probably be able to find everything on the internets, if not sooner.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

59 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

A flight to Seoul would only take me ~20 hours. 

But doesn't seem that it would be worth it to grab a copy, unless there were guaranteed SHS baseball, soccer, or anime cosplay pics!

By this time next week, we'll probably be able to find everything on the internets, if not sooner.

Nonono it doesn't seem sane to take a flight to Seoul just to get a magazine. :joy:

Alright, I will be cool and wait  :glasses:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Hey kids. I love reading how y'all are carrying on well without me. Like 9 different ppl posted on the previous page. That just never happened before. My days of soliloquy are over.:vicx:

@kokkuri33 thanks for the google translate. Quite good. no need to add.

Y'all are so sure about what you like for SHS to look like.B)

Me, I'm in falling in love with every new face of hers, even the couple that remind me of Jennifer Lopez of all people. Nutthin' against jlo, that look was just unexpected. And I can imagine SHS now on a judging panel of a acting audition reality variety program.:w00t:

With her perfect raw face canvas so clean supple and ready for any inspired artist to draw on, she can morph into any number of characters and even ethnicities probably.

:rolleyes:

• Like 5

@meechuttso I feel that way too, she may look different in some photos but I still love all of them. It's like when we get used to our sister at home with raw face or little make-up. And one day she puts on make-up and beautiful clothes, just make us amazed and excited how wide spectrum of looks she can be made. 

The same as when she acted in some drama roles which contrast to her nature (cheerful, talkative, sincere), sometimes I don't like aspect of those characters (sad, repressive, envious or vengeful) but still glad it shows how versatile actress she is.

Now I just hope she will attend the Seoul award ceremony tomorrow. But somehow, I got a feeling that the winner may be Kim Nam Joo (from Misty).  Hope my feeling is wrong.  Anyway, I will cheer for SHS.  Fighting ! 

• Like 5

Thank you @kokkuri33 When did you become an official Doosan Bears fan?

Just LOOOVE LOOVE these additional pics released on ELLE.:w00t::w00t:

For all @meechuttso's friends, SHS's FANS, here's translations for the middle part Q & A . The best part first!

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Q Has there been a time your eyes got moist from someone else's tears?

SHS - If someone I like is shedding tears next to me I cry along. This happened yesterday. Was a small argument, she (Unni) said to me, "Although you put it that way I know deep inside that's not how you really feel. So I can wait [not argue back]," and at that moment I felt like crying.

Q. When was a time you cried from being too happy?

SHS - Last year at the Top Actress prize at (KBS) awards, while giving my acceptance speech I cried. Actually times like that are rare. When good things happen, I rather take it quite non-chalantly. If I'm too happy and overjoyed over it then somehow I feel like I'll be sapped of good energy or fear that the next time something like that happens I might feel jaded about it.

Q At 17 years of age, what were you like?

SHS - Shall I call it motivated?*** In everything I wanted to excel. At the Arts high school, learned acting and dance, singing, and when I took tests I was ranked (well). Got greedy to do well/better. But ultimately I realized I can't do well at everything, and learned ways to give up.

***Ambitious, desire to improve oneself

Q Are you used to the competition?

SHS - Are you kidding?** Myself, I think I am the type who can produce good results in a comfortable situation. That's why getting critiqued (graded) during auditions is uncomfortable and hard. Because as an actress it's a process that has to be overcome, with a mindset to do well I endured each audition. Competition is hard but I didn't want to be left out.***

**How could that be?
*** Go extinct.

Q In "30 but 17", the phrase, "Not giving up, but choosing" comes to mind. Among the choices you made in order to be an actress, what did you choose well?

SHS - From very early on, my dream was to be an actress. That resolve was the best choice. I think about this once in a while. If I had had other options how would it have been? From having lived with just one dream, other than acting, I don't seem to have much experience at anything. In this work (30b17) I was in a violinist role, and had I learned even a little bit of the violin I could have done better, there was some regret.

Q Any hobby or interests that were nourishments as an actress?

SHS - All my life there're 2 things I love the most. Manga and Acting. Thinking about it, watching manga was good study material. With cartoons/animation, expressiveness is overflowing. Shows accurately what the character is thinking in that situation and leads the viewer to follow that line of emotion. Acting is the same. If I hadn't been an actress I might have become an animator. Until middle school I would compose stories and draw cartoons in notebooks too.

Q Do you still enjoy fantasies (imagination)?

SHS - Will it sound strange (laughs)? Sitting in the bathroom endlessly staring at myself in the mirror I imagine many things. What role will I do next? It'd be nice to do a character with this feel, then what would be the lines? I make my own dialog and practice and make various faces. The bathroom is a type of practice room. During real shooting I have pulled out the material studied in the bathroom and used it also.

Q. "득조가연"** . In "30b17" the 4-letter phrase meaning "Beautiful Relationship First-time Met" was used meaningfully. If you had to pick such moments as an actres?
** 4-character acronym Jennifer used the first time she met Seo-Ri.

SHS - Thru "High School King of Savvy" I came to know wonderful people. Yoo Je-Won director-nim, Yang Hee-Seung writer-nim, with her did "Oh My Ghostess", and through "HS KoS" Jo Sung-Hee writer-nim, got cast in "She was Pretty" also. And thru "30 but 17" met up again with Jo Sung-Hee writer-nim. Thru relationships started in "HS KoS" I have been able to come thus far.

More to come.

EDIT

If you see the uncropped pic of her in front of the Orpheum Theater in LA here, you realize how long an individual she is.

street view

Edited by meechuttso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Part 3 (no part 1, similar to what was released already)

Q You turned 30 this year. The 30's yourself that you had cluelessly imagined to be, how does she resemble the you now?

SHS - According to my childhood plans, I should be married with a child now. I thought I would be adult enough and would have entered a stable period by now. My goals as an actress were grandiose, too. But after turning 20 and each time I aged one more year, I realized my practical limitations also. So I am doing steadily one step at a time.

Q Things that shook the SHS of her 20's the most are?

SHS - At first, going around to ask about auditions and coming home exhausted and sleeping was all there was. Agitation from opposing emotions were strong. Hearing words like 'to be young is to be in pain' doesn't have to hurt me but why am I feeling so much pain? She doesn't seem to be working as hard as me, but how come she's doing so well? No, I gotta work harder than I am now. But what is it that I'm lacking? With thoughts like these I suffered confusion.

Q How did you ground yourself so you that you don't crumble?

SHS - My family was (a source of) much strength I could lean on. Mom always told me, "Oori Hye-Sun-ee will do well." Back then even words of encouragement didn't reach my ears. In my nervous state I couldn't rely on anyone, so I thought. But looking back, it's because my family was holding me up firmly that I could overcome that period.

Q. Like an acquired taste for dark coffee, there're things that make sense only with time. If there're things you didn't know about before that seem to be coming freshly to you now?

SHS - Nothing profound, just recognizing each of the seniors' (elders') practical advices more. For example, "The younger you are, you need to exercise more steadily," and "once you're over 30 your body changes," etc., why they were saying such things I realize now (laughs).

Q Looking ahead, what do you anticipate the most?

SHS - When I was younger I was constantly feeling nervous or 'shrunk'. Rather than going out to meet someone, time alone was more comfortable and familiar. Recently while meeting up with good people my mind(heart) has become much better. As time goes won't I become a more outgoing person than now?

Q In this world there are many truly strange grown-ups. If there's someone you don't want to resemble?

SHS - Anyone can make mistakes, but here and there, there are adults who don't acknowledge that. Some, because they're older, don't listen to opinions of others around them. Attitude like that doesn't appeal to me.

Q Even as an adult, things that you wish wouldn't change?

SHS - If it's joyous, be joyful, if it's fun, then have fun, when sad, be sad - that type of simplicty (innocence)! I hope those honest emotions never get old.

Q On a day far off in the future, if you were to see yourself in the mirror what visage would you like to see?

SHS - As you age, on your face, what kind of a life you've lived, gets recorded, and gets revealed through your countenance doesn't it? My face of the future, I would like it if it was a 'smiling face'. And anyhow lately there are just so many things to smile about.

EDIT

Did I say Loooong? This one perhaps my favorite.

But the point of this post is simply that I am

in search now of the location of this telephone pole she's leaning against here. B):ph34r:

That way you get from @meechuttso the interweb's fullest Shin Hye-Sun LA trip visuals and translations and on-location perspective experience, all in one stop, yes??

Spoiler

I'm glad the full interview came out - for a while I was wondering if I was generating more write ups about the BTS of her trip than the actual ELLE pictorials and content.:sweatingbullets: Goodness knows I've filled up quite a few pages with her LA trip stalking.

Edited by meechuttso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The Seoul Awards have a livestream for red carpet: https://www.vlive.tv/video/95000

Awards show: https://www.vlive.tv/video/95001

Red carpet starts at 4:30 KST, awards show at 6:00 KST.

(Red carpet started 7 minutes before this post.)

SHS is trying to defeat Kim Nam Joo ("Misty") for Best Actress!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much @meechuttso for all these translations. Your dedication is really remarkable. 

and I love loooove looooooove all these Elle photos. She really looks good whatever she wears. This girl! 

AND OMOOOOO URI LOVELY HYESUN-SSI AT THE RED CARPET. GORGEOUS AS ALWAYS! 

• Like 4